mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Your perpetual turgidity for the clearly absurd classification rules never ceases to amuse.

My employers have apparently rather effectively hammered into me over the years that is a thing you don't gently caress with. And I've seen brilliant, great people lose their careers over it.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

mlmp08 posted:

My employers have apparently rather effectively hammered into me over the years that is a thing you don't gently caress with. And I've seen brilliant, great people lose their careers over it.

That too bad that people are fired over what's been proven time and time again to be ridiculous.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Obama please criminalize Star Wars

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

That too bad that people are fired over what's been proven time and time again to be ridiculous.

Probly yeah.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
Obama please weaponize bad posting

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

AlternateNu posted:

How have I not seen these before? :swoon: Bless you, Joementum!

Check out West Wing Week as well, its decent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq6dv4cJm0Q

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

Hearing reports of clearly marked as classified stuff sent/received by HRC from Politico with right-wing sites claiming to have screenshots.

Berners are likely pumped.

I'm hearing reports that HRC is incredibly bad at technology.

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Luigi Thirty posted:

In case you're feeling too happy on this fine All Hallows Eve, here is an article on the racist history of the candy industry.
Unsurprisng. Candy manufacturers have a long and infamous history of exploiting foreign national workers to the point of effective slave labor.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Tobermory posted:

I'm hearing reports that HRC is incredibly bad at technology.

Yes, grandma. They're called emoticons, grandma. You can type them out and sometimes you have buttons for them. Yes, I know some of them are cute. Emojis are kind of the same thing. Okay, grandma. Mom will call you later this week.

Good Citizen posted:

Is it weird that knowing H is basically my grandma that posts to my Facebook wall asking for printer tech support humanizes her in my mind more than anything else she's ever done?

It reminds me of the cute elderly ladies I work with. :3:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

Is it weird that knowing H is basically my grandma that posts to my Facebook wall asking for printer tech support humanizes her in my mind more than anything else she's ever done?

thc is leaking :v:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
dta

quote:

However, 41% said that from what they heard about or saw in the debate, Trump would be the best candidate to lead the U.S. economy. Another 14% named Ted Cruz and 11% named Ben Carson as best able to handle the nation's economy. Overall, Jeb Bush fared worst in Wednesday's debate, scoring a -36 for his debate performance, and just 4% saying he would handle the economy best.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Berke Negri posted:

What do you all think Debbie Wasserman Schultz favorite Star Wars movie is.

The Undiscovered Country

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Hearing reports of clearly marked as classified stuff sent/received by HRC from Politico with right-wing sites claiming to have screenshots.

Berners are likely pumped.

You don't claim to have screenshots if you're a right wing post if you actually have screenshots, you post the screenshots. They're screenshots, you've got them, you can censor them in five minutes with paint, and you're rushing to be the first one to break the story so you can be the next Drudge.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
fukkin rekked

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

mlmp08 posted:

Hearing reports of clearly marked as classified stuff sent/received by HRC from Politico with right-wing sites claiming to have screenshots.

Berners are likely pumped.

Seems like bernie supporters are more pumped over her stumbling on BLM and buzzfeed going through thousands of bill admin. records and finding nothing regarding DOMA that fits the "there was a worse amendment DOMA pre-empted" narrative

if this is true it sounds pretty juicy, though

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Neurolimal posted:

Seems like bernie supporters are more pumped over her stumbling on BLM and buzzfeed going through thousands of bill admin. records and finding nothing regarding DOMA that fits the "there was a worse amendment DOMA pre-empted" narrative

if this is true it sounds pretty juicy, though

The Republicans literally were saying we needed a constitutional amendment against gay marriage and who knows what else they'd throw in. Just because they weren't retarded enough to actually write the amendment doesn't mean there wasn't a very real climate of 'if DOMA doesn't work they're going to parlay that into a bigger thing using 'SEE CLINTON WON'T LET US DO OUR JOBS AND FIGHT THE QUEERS FOR YOU'.'

Far be it from me to doubt the journalistic integrity of Buzzfeed of course, but this sounds like the same kind of argument the 'act of terror' vs 'terrorist attack' was.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The Republicans literally were saying we needed a constitutional amendment against gay marriage and who knows what else they'd throw in. Just because they weren't retarded enough to actually write the amendment doesn't mean there wasn't a very real climate of 'if DOMA doesn't work they're going to parlay that into a bigger thing using 'SEE CLINTON WON'T LET US DO OUR JOBS AND FIGHT THE QUEERS FOR YOU'.'

Far be it from me to doubt the journalistic integrity of Buzzfeed of course, but this sounds like the same kind of argument the 'act of terror' vs 'terrorist attack' was.

Gawker and sister sites have actually adopted a pretty interesting formula where sensationalist articles are used to allow financial leeway for more in-depth investigative articles.

Here's the article in question so you can decide for yourself.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So is there any history of Presidential candidates trying to score points off of debate moderators instead of their opponents, prior to Newt Gingrich, and now the CRUZ MISSILE and company?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Fojar38 posted:

I would really really like to see the GOP debates hosted by Twitch.

"That's a really good point Mr. Trump but I'm going to interrupt you for a moment because Roxie just ran up into my lap and I'm going to shuffle this ferret. Loot at her, so rubbery! Shuffle that ferret!"
-Twitch GOP debate moderator LethalFrag

(I know Frag would never moderate such a debate no matter how much they paid him despite being one of Twitch's biggest streamers but I could totally see him being more interested in his pets than the candidates)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Neurolimal posted:

Gawker and sister sights have actually adopted a pretty interesting formula where sensationalist articles are used to allow financial leeway for more in-depth investigative articles.

Here's the article in question so you can decide for yourself.

I phrased that too smugly, I'm not saying they're like, LYING, I just think they're misrepresenting the climate and using 'well we didn't find any MEMOS about it so, ya know' as a way to dismiss what plenty of actual gay rights historians can tell you was a genuinely very scary time for the movement.

Like, no one's saying DOMA was awesome, but it was less of a poo poo sandwich that had mechanisms in it to be challenged much easier than something like an amendment could ever be.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Zwabu posted:

So is there any history of Presidential candidates trying to score points off of debate moderators instead of their opponents, prior to Newt Gingrich, and now the CRUZ MISSILE and company?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO2_49TycdE

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Reagan was a California anarchist - the kids loved him!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Its 1am my time here, is it too early for USPOL Nov Titles?

USPOL Nov: There are still 11 GoP debates to go

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Y'all overthunkin it. It's because the Republicans are whiny baby candidates and Hillary isn't.

Please don't Boehner shame the entire GOP please.

#NotAllGOPCries :911:
^ :lol: I forgot that the eagle does that. :ironicat:

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009
Lovin the new thread title :golfclap:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

happyhippy posted:

Its 1am my time here, is it too early for USPOL Nov Titles?

USPOL Nov: There are still 11 GoP debates to go

October has 31 days. So it's not November yet even where you are. :spooky:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Absurd Alhazred posted:

October has 31 days.

Thanks, Obama. :negative:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

evilweasel posted:

You don't claim to have screenshots if you're a right wing post if you actually have screenshots, you post the screenshots. They're screenshots, you've got them, you can censor them in five minutes with paint, and you're rushing to be the first one to break the story so you can be the next Drudge.

I should have said "I saw screenshots but do not know if they were doctored."

The screenshot was of the super fancy classification of "confidential" which is pretty loving small fry.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
At the risk looking stupid, can someone explain the joke behind calling the HFC the Tortilla Coasters or whatever?

VVV Thanks

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 31, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Internet Kraken posted:

At the risk looking stupid, can someone explain the joke behind calling the HFC the Tortilla Coasters or whatever?

They regularly book the basement of Washington D.C. Tex-Mex restaurant The Tortilla Coast for their meetings.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Sharpened by the fact that TC is not a very good restaurant

(Source: been there)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TheQat posted:

Sharpened by the fact that TC is not a very good restaurant

(Source: been there)

Also been there. Checks out.

Decent free chips.

  • Locked thread