Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Magni posted:

It got crossed out of the big one. After the dwarfs drove the High Elfs into the sea, the dwarven high king of the time lopped the Phoenix King's head off and them taking the Phoenix Kings' crown jewels as collateral - to be only given back once the High Elfs would openly apologise and beg for 'em. Needless to say, well over 2 millenia later those jewels are still in the high kings' vault because beating some humility into elves is a forlorn hope. :v:

I remember a story I read, I think it was one of the ones you could find in Warhammer Online, involving some high ranking dwarf bringing an elven noble a barrel of Bugman's, and the elf brings the dwarf a barrel of the finest, most ancient wine his people have to offer, a beverage where a single glass would cost a human an entire lifetime's worth of their salary. They were trading the very best their two races had to offer.

The dwarf went first, and when the elf offered him a glass, the dwarf laughed him, drew his axe, stoved in the top of the barrel, hefted it and chugged the motherfucker in one go, getting the wine all up in his beard and spilling it on the floor, and afterwards he just wiped his mouth and told the elf it wasn't half bad. The elf was horrified but kept it under wraps, until he took just a sip of Bugman's and couldn't handle it.

Wish I could remember the whole thing accurately cause it was loving funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

apostateCourier posted:

+Revive speed is great, at least. It's great, being able to pick people up between rat swings.

Yeah, I've got one each with +revive speed and being immune to interruption during reviving. It comes in pretty handy if a guy is just seconds away from bleeding out entirely.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

apostateCourier posted:

+Revive speed is great, at least. It's great, being able to pick people up between rat swings.

It really is! I saved a Wheat & Chaff run with it; I spawned into already getting beaten by a swarm at low health and two downed characters nearby. I managed to revive them both between shield pushes because it takes barely two seconds to rez someone with that trinket. I spent the rest of the game doing that and tossing bags like some sort of hairy little strongman.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

My first trinket. It's blue. That's gonna be a good one right? Level 30.9 and I finally get a trinket. Oh man. oh man what could it be.
Can't be interrupted while using healing supplies.
:(

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I find myself wishing that getting hit didn't interrupt healing like in L4D so i wish I had that trinket instead of a second worthless blue fish with a 15% chance not to consume healing items

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Krinkle posted:

My first trinket. It's blue. That's gonna be a good one right? Level 30.9 and I finally get a trinket. Oh man. oh man what could it be.
Can't be interrupted while using healing supplies.
:(

Not so great, but I legitimately love my "Can't be interrupted while raising downed allies" one.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
So I just got done doing a Hard two grimore Horn of Magnus with some insufferable pubbies, who refused to actually do the event correct. So I just jumped over and solo'd the entire event myself. Too bad that despite them all hiding in the ammo room, they still managed to die and lose a grimoire right at the end of the level after the floor caved in. I'm fairly certain I destroyed them on every possible metric.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I thought once you hit 30 all your levelup rewards are green? I just got a white shrieker staff.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Krinkle posted:

I thought once you hit 30 all your levelup rewards are green? I just got a white shrieker staff.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
For useless trinkets, someone last night mentioned the trinket that there's one that reduces damage you take from Packrats.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Tamayachi posted:

For useless trinkets, someone last night mentioned the trinket that there's one that reduces damage you take from Packrats.

Perfect for any Elf player.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I've been killed by Packrats several times when pubbies couldn't push their way through the horde fast enough to get to me before I died. I've got a free slot so I wouldn't really complain about that trinket.

Laterbase
May 18, 2011
Most of the damage I take comes from a pack rat appearing out of nowhere and hitting my rear end. Specials and rat ogres, on hard at least, rarely do any damage.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
But I thought pack rats did barely any damage. Usually I lose health from a pack rat because there are 2-6 other rats that crowd around hitting me while I get dragged.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

if they ever make blunderbusses not awful I'll be totally set

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Joke's on you, that will never happen :smug:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Lovely Senorita posted:

please confine the shitposting to the correct, Arghy-approved thread

Is wishing this game would get a character voiced my Marxoshween shitposting?

Or any game really, I'm not picky.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Metrohunter posted:

if they ever make blunderbusses not awful I'll be totally set

I have no idea what you're talking about, that thing seems amazing. I feel clearing trash with something like that is handy on higher difficulties where everything is drat threatening.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Drakes posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about, that thing seems amazing. I feel clearing trash with something like that is handy on higher difficulties where everything is drat threatening.

Because when I'm playing soldier everyone else on the team can trash clear but I'm the only one who can precision snipe specials before they become a real threat. Even when my dwarf buddy has a handgun as well he can struggle to kill packmasters if they grab someone in a horde just because he can't shoot over the crowd.

That said if they make packmasters a bit less dangerous by making them move slower when dragging, I'd totally consider that gun even as blunderbusses are right now.
But this pretty much sums up my experience when I get dragged and nobody can shoot the rat and they try and catch up to melee it instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxIZJpATix8

Metrohunter fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 31, 2015

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

apostateCourier posted:

+30% revive speed is the only trinket I've never replaced. It's so goddamn useful when it does actually happen to matter. Fast-revive dudes being beaten by ogres, fast revive dudes downed by assasins/clanrat mobbin's. So good.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Oct 31, 2015

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
I didn't know Skaven practiced yoga?

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
How do i skip the stupid loving intro that is unskippable now?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Two Feet From Bread posted:

How do i skip the stupid loving intro that is unskippable now?

You have to hold a key (fills up a little meter in the corner).

Honestly it wouldn't be so damned annoying if it didn't play every time you fail to connect to a lobby.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Alkydere posted:

You have to hold a key (fills up a little meter in the corner).

Honestly it wouldn't be so damned annoying if it didn't play every time you fail to connect to a lobby.

Why the gently caress would they... I 100% guarantee GW demanded they do this.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Why the gently caress would they... I 100% guarantee GW demanded they do this.

But GW doesn't have any/know how to use any computers

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I was one roll away from a hat. I'd have been that character forever. dang. I even saw a hat on the dice list. I think?

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

victrix posted:

But GW doesn't have any/know how to use any computers

But it's lore. So GW just assumes everyone wants to see it every time they play. Just don't play with people who don't want to watch it every time.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Tamayachi posted:

Demiurge4 posted:

Perfect for any Elf player.

the trait's called gorget but they only give you a couple skulls tied together. That's their fetish I suppose.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I don't understand the point of pack rat resistance. Either way, dead or hanging, your team has to come save you. Are the extra few seconds really that critical?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

They don't even do much damage by themselves. At least Gutter Runners on Nightmare shred you up in seconds, so their protective trinket can actually save you a decent amount of HP.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

pnutz posted:

the trait's called gorget but they only give you a couple skulls tied together. That's their fetish I suppose.

Elf player spotted!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Elves are cool and strong.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Now i've worked out that the Red Outline you get for aiming the Trueflight means it'll hit two targets Elves are awesome. Just love seeing arrows zip around the battlefield in crazy glowy curves ruining rat's day.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Holy Sigmar, blue pistols after loving nothing. It feels so good being able to one shot rats to the body again.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Skandranon posted:

Elf player spotted!

I was crafting blues and managed to get the orange sword/dagger. I ended up with heroic killing blow on them so I can spam attacks on rat ogres to rng nuffle my way to victory. As it is I almost have enough blue mage melee weapons (3 maces and a sword) to make orange for her as well

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT
Jan 6, 2005

you're
Please don't let the historic goon prejudice against anything slender and agile scare you off from playing an elf if you got a good bow and want to get a lot of headshots or head stabs.

Similarly dont let the historic goon fetishization of anything short fat and stinky scare you off from playing a righteous and brave dwarf :twisted:

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

welcome to hell

they're actually pretty decent contrary to the goon hivemind's opinion. basically all of the elf's ranged weapons are poo poo but they do delayed but pretty good damage to whatever you hit

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Metrohunter posted:

Because when I'm playing soldier everyone else on the team can trash clear but I'm the only one who can precision snipe specials before they become a real threat. Even when my dwarf buddy has a handgun as well he can struggle to kill packmasters if they grab someone in a horde just because he can't shoot over the crowd.

Hah, poo poo, I knew I preferred the Grudge-raker over the Handgun for a reason.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Came here to post that I recently bought this game and that I'm having a pretty darn good time with it. This is a cool thread so far and I'm glad that we can all generally agree on the demeanor of most make-believe fantasy races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

SHUBNIGGURATHS CLIT posted:

Please don't let the historic goon prejudice against anything slender and agile scare you off from playing an elf if you got a good bow and want to get a lot of headshots or head stabs.

Similarly dont let the historic goon fetishization of anything short fat and stinky scare you off from playing a righteous and brave dwarf :twisted:

Please let the history goon fixation on the thirty years war and awesome period clothing scare you away from the soldier so I can play him.

• Locked thread