Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
At first I didn't think the Technology X item was very good. Then I discovered how to quick-fire it and :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
So uhhh how do you play afterbirth? I bought it, it is in my library and downloaded, but when I start Rebirth it's still the same. Do you have to activate it somehow?

edit: restarted steam multiple times

edit edit: OK nm reinstalled Rebirth, works fine now

nogic fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 31, 2015

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pwnstar posted:

Yes and yes.

Good thing I didn't play this game straight since the minute it came out and unlocked a whole shitload of things then :smuggo:

I did :smith:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
All this talk about Ultra Greed being this gigantic HP monster made me a bit nervous when I got down to the second to last floor in greed mode while moderately powered.

And then I got a Chaos Card. :dunkedon:

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

I just played my first game. and OH MAN. I got dr fetus first floor and got several bomb upgrades + crickets body, so i was shooting a mega bomb that exploded into more bombs. I beat hush, but then I got scatter bombs in the chest and got WAY TOO MANY BOMBS (and died because too many bombs)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

TopHatGenius posted:

All this talk about Ultra Greed being this gigantic HP monster made me a bit nervous when I got down to the second to last floor in greed mode while moderately powered.

And then I got a Chaos Card. :dunkedon:

I chaos carded mega satan on the "I Rule" challenge. :smug:

Before I had to re-import.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Just beat Greed Mode with Azazel, got IV bag, Piggy Bank, Swallowed Penny and Fanny Pack, then bought all the things. All of them. Got PG and RPG when I finished, despite not having beat the chest with everyone yet. My bombs were pretty ridiculous at the end: something like sad burning butt poison homing mega fractal itemspawn bombs. The lag when I dropped one was ridiculous.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Ultra Greed's really great boss design, I just lost a run where he literally healed himself into doing the spin move for four straight cycles.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Edmund, pls stop patching the game for 5 minutes, you're making it really hard to look for the devil room code to update my chance display

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

Ultra Greed's really great boss design, I just lost a run where he literally healed himself into doing the spin move for four straight cycles.

One problem with the fight is really inconsistent hitboxes. I just (attempted) doing it on Azazel and with my short range, every time he started doing his spin attack he would hit me even if I was standing nowhere near his sprite. I swear, during that attack his hitbox is nearly twice the size you'd expect :negative:

Pumpkinreaper
Jan 19, 2010
I wish I had more batteries.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Okay, the synergy between the Onan challenge and Cricket's Body is loving poo poo. It means the challenge is just rendered completely unwinnable.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Okay, I'll bite. What exactly does the D7 do? Does it reset a random room? Or does it just do that with boss rooms?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Well I'm glad people like Ultra Greed because I just fought the other new end boss and while I beat him, he was a dumb boss. He has about 10 times more health than he should.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

What benefit, if any, is there from activating the Greed Mode button after beating all ten waves?

KamikazeJim
Sep 15, 2006

oh fuck are you seeing this bomb man. ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
It starts a harder boss wave which opens the devil/angel room when you beat it.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Afterbirth is amazing, and has made me fear the unknown all over again.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Played this earlier and the import messed around with some of my stuff. Said I'd beaten a level on hard with Maggie which I hadn't, added random progress to Samson and removed it from Lazarus. Hopefully it hasn't screwed me out of some unlocks... but I don't really want to start a new save file and have to do everything again either...

Beat Hush after a few attempts, unlocked a thing. I guess there's a new unlock for each character?

Lilith makes Greed mode super easy as each wave counts as a new room so you can get stupid numbers of followers and fill the screen with tears :getin: - only tricky part is Ultra Greed himself.

Found out something interesting - each wave of the Boss Rush counts as a new room for charging items. Not sure if it did that before? Anyway it makes it trivial with good tears and Tammy's head :D

Also there's a new form, I think it's triggered by having 3+ damage dealing followers. Your head goes weird and you get simultaneous shots in a V pattern. Makes charging Brimstone take longer though :(

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

What benefit, if any, is there from activating the Greed Mode button after beating all ten waves?

...I didn't even notice I didn't have to do that.

Also, I got the bug about post-it note achievements resetting long before Afterbirth came out, I just never cared because I already had RPG. Sooner or later I'll redo the ones that got reset, just to fix them. (God help me if any Lost ones are broken, I didn't look.)

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Are you a bad enough dude to take the 5-die room on the XXXXXXL challenge?

YES

I got Missing-No on this challenge and in the end had a layout with bizarre pink, white and black strobing tears? No idea what causes that.

I also got an item that made you continuously fire towards an Epic-Fetus style crosshair. I was in the Womb (so red background) and didn't see that for a while, was very confusing.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
3rd run i get to hush

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

So, did magnetic tears always give your bomb the suction effect? because it now gives your bombs a gravity effect much like your tears.

Edit: Also Gurglings are an incredibly brutal boss when your first (and only) item is magnetic tears.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 31, 2015

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Man that pill reader voice thing is really uncomfortable.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Lilith is amazing in greed mode...right up until you fight ultra greed and can't make a massive hoard of minions. Unless you have the habit that is, in which case the poor fucker is toast.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Okay, yeah, I figured out what the D7 does. It resets the room (as in respawns all the enemies, everything else stays the same, including your position so be careful) and lets you go again. If you use it in a boss room, nice try, it just teleports you to a random room and resets that one. Only works in rooms that had enemies in it. One room charge. It's not completely loving broken but it's really silly.

Also if you use it after fighting Greed in a shop it brings the shop back which blew my loving mind. Geeeeeeeeeeeet hosed Greed.

Also remember to Enter in all the seeds here and unlock a bunch of easter eggs since you can mix and match them now. It even tells you which ones invalidate achievements, which is super nice.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Color Printer posted:

Okay, I'll bite. What exactly does the D7 do? Does it reset a random room? Or does it just do that with boss rooms?

From what I can tell, it respawns all the enemies in the room you use it in. Killing them also drops the reward, and resets the D7 so you can do it over and over again. In the boss room it seems to just warp you outside. Right now i'm using it with Isaac to get batteries for the D6 over and over till I roll something great. :getin:

edit: beat by you...

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

edmund is a real class loving act I'll say that much

you can run diagonally thru the spikes!!

Sartorius posted:

I hate the XXXXXXXXXXXL challenge

it took me over an hour. sunk cost fallacy: I was like "ugh im not having ufn but I'M GOING TO BEAT IT EVANTUALLY I GUESS"

Color Printer posted:

use it in anormal room and the room starts over with fresh enemies and you can farm it indefinitely since its charge is one point. find a room with one enemy that's easy to kill, and pow, infinite items.

but if you do it in a boss room it>:C teleports you away to a random room you've already done

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

How do you get to Hush? I got to it on my 2nd game on a new save when I used a 1 dice room to reroll into a baller prometheus build that left no survivors when I unlocked Guppy and found Brimstone friend.

the pills that make you smaller are totally overpowered holy poo poo I didn't get hit once

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
This dlc loving rules

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Well I've just discovered an annoying bug.
If you use a card against humanity in a greed room it overwrites the button.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

comingafteryouall posted:

How do you get to Hush? I got to it on my 2nd game on a new save when I used a 1 dice room to reroll into a baller prometheus build that left no survivors when I unlocked Guppy and found Brimstone friend.

the pills that make you smaller are totally overpowered holy poo poo I didn't get hit once

Beat It Lives within 30 minutes, like how you'd beat Mom within 20 minutes to unlock boss rush

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Beat It Lives within 30 minutes, like how you'd beat Mom within 20 minutes to unlock boss rush

What a great change. Finally, I have a reason not to run around the womb trying to squeeze a couple more items from the run.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I just beat Greed Mode with Azazel. No Lilith unlock?

Also what does putting coins into the Greed machine at the end do?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So dipolia is a pretty cool item. :stare:

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
So the Mac version is bugged for me on the Flooded floors. I can't see the ground at all. Awesome. I thought it was intended, and I was like, "wow, Flooded floors are no joke," until I saw Northernlion's video.

Also, I really hosed up hard on the Daily by not taking Mini-brim because I had taken so much bad damage that I would have been left with half a black heart had I taken it. I still probably should have taken it. A lot of people complaining about today's Daily, but it's real cool that you have a chance to play as Lilith before officially unlocking her.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 31, 2015

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

death .cab for qt posted:

I just beat Greed Mode with Azazel. No Lilith unlock?

Also what does putting coins into the Greed machine at the end do?

It seems to unlock items. At least that's my guess since my first clear with Judas gave me "my shadow" and "a wooden nickle" when I got around 35¢ into the machine.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ugh, how is ragman a level 1 boss?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Just crashed on Ultra Greed when I tried to use a Book of Belial. Why do you do this to me Edmund :negative:

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

ErIog posted:

So the Mac version is bugged for me on the Flooded floors. I can't see the ground at all. Awesome. I thought it was intended, and I was like, "wow, Flooded floors are no joke," until I saw Northernlion's video.

I can't wait for this to be removed from the game, then never be fixed, like the shockwave visual effect on Mac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Holy poo poo, the Onan's Streak challenge is BRUTAL.

Judas run with Chocolate Milk...oh and you take damage every time your shot misses. On the plus side you do get Item Rooms. On the minus side you can get items like double/triple/quad shot, where the game checks your accuracy for every single projectile.

Also, do the flooded/burning floors do anything? Looked to me that Burning will replace random stones with fires.