Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Powercrazy posted:

Ooo. Do you have any deets on who has requested it versus not?

Carson has both said he has and hasn't, so who knows. Hillary obviously has had it for decades now. I believe Jeb! does as well. I doubt anyone else does. It's a major inconvenience, so you have to have a Newt-level ego to think that it's worth giving up your personal freedom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Do you imagine this meeting like The Wire's Co Op meetings in a hotel conference room, the gangsters from The Dark Knight in the back of the warehouse or the war room in Dr Stangelove?

Either way Trump is at the head of the table.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
FROM MY PERSPECTIVE THE POOR BLACK PEOPLE ARE EVIL! :mad:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Word out of Foxnews and Politico is that a 'Storm' of oppo is coming out against Rubio.

I guess Jeb, various superpacs, and the Dems are going to smash him with attacks. The Jeb campaign is bragging about all the dirt they have on Rubio.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Montasque posted:

Word out of Foxnews and Politico is that a 'Storm' of oppo is coming out against Rubio.

I guess Jeb, various superpacs, and the Dems are going to smash him with attacks. The Jeb campaign is bragging about all the dirt they have on Rubio.

This is good for the GOP. To the moon, etc.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Jim Gilmore got verified on Twitter today. :unsmith:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
By the way, here's the American Bridge oppo book on Rubio from 2012.

Let's see how much of this latest dump is recycled from last cycle!

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Montasque posted:

That probably isn't as true as they're claiming it is, but if so lol the GOP is so hosed

can't wait for trump v. hillary. it will be music to my ears.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Montasque posted:

So Jeb! is already a dead man walking; if this "storm" results in Rubio cratering I'm going to laugh my loving rear end off and never stop.

Then I'm going to fully embrace the madness of Republican Nominee Trump.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Just on Foxnews - Megyn Kelly just compared the primary to Game of Thrones, and said that Hillary Clinton is "The Mother of Dragons." She then apologized to Chelsea.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I remember reading that Mitt's 2012 campaign considered Christie for VP and decided against it because they discovered too many skeletons. Was there ever any indication how they felt about Rubio?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Echo Chamber posted:

Jim Gilmore got verified on Twitter today. :unsmith:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Montasque posted:

Just on Foxnews - Megyn Kelly just compared the primary to Game of Thrones, and said that Hillary Clinton is "The Mother of Dragons." She then apologized to Chelsea.

Hillary Clinton 2016: All men must die

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Zoran posted:

I remember reading that Mitt's 2012 campaign considered Christie for VP and decided against it because they discovered too many skeletons. Was there ever any indication how they felt about Rubio?

The Romney campaign asked each of the Veep candidates to turn over all their financial information. Christie refused. Rubio did not refuse.

Which means that there's a group of ex-Romney staffers with access to a report on all of Rubio's financial history.....

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Joementum posted:

The Romney campaign asked each of the Veep candidates to turn over all their financial information. Christie refused. Rubio did not refuse.

Which means that there's a group of ex-Romney staffers with access to a report on all of Rubio's financial history.....

You seem to have forgot that Marco declared his past financial troubles the figment of your and the court records imaginations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Montasque posted:

I dont believe this

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Xenophon posted:

goddamn haha

HAHA? You laugh @HillaryClinton for brushing her shoulder at MURDERING #BENGHAZI 4 in comparison to debates?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

By all means JEB!, take down Trump's next potential competitor. Complete your journey from presumed nominee to Trump's personal pet.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Joementum posted:

Still, it was probably a bad idea to give him that sword.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Boosted_C5 posted:

July, August, September, October.

Trump has been the GOP front-runner for 4 FULL MONTHS now.

He is the chosen one.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com...estimate=custom

So when will you tell your neighbors about how he is the Chosen One?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Doomtalker posted:

So when will you tell your neighbors about how he is the Chosen One?

If Trump still hasn't worn the white hat with luxurious gold trim letters by Thanksgiving, I'll go ahead and just buy the red Trump hat when I'm doing my online Black Friday shopping.

I really like the white one with gold letters, but he hasn't worn it and only a fool would buy a hat Trump hasn't actually worn.

Someone should twitter at him and tell him to wear the white and gold one because only gold is fitting for his greatness.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Trump isn't actually in trouble is he?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Boosted_C5 posted:

This guy gets it.

We're not liberals. We don't celebrate weakness and we don't view testosterone deficiency as being hip or cool.

Might makes right, beta bitches and actual bitches get the gently caress out of the way.
I think this quote counts as yet another example of how anyone who calls other people "beta bitches" is always, by their own definition, a "beta bitch" themselves.

EDIT: lol boosted

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Jewel Repetition posted:

Define trouble. He's annihilated Heb!! He has guaranteed an outsider gets the nom, even if it's Carson. He's pushed the GOP narrative to ethnic cleansing FULL loving DEPORTATIONS, and he may have claimed to carry a gun onstage during a national debate. I'd say he's done at least well enough to win that bet with Bill, wouldn't you?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Is Rand going as the national debt for Halloween?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Powercrazy posted:

This is a cowardly stance. Also afaik, secret service doesn't get involved with candidates until 100 days before the general.

Here you go! I know lowtax will defend me if the secret service finds my joke to be inappropriate.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Joementum posted:

By the way, here's the American Bridge oppo book on Rubio from 2012.

Let's see how much of this latest dump is recycled from last cycle!

Page 1 of 555

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Jewel Repetition posted:

No, he's still in either first or second place and did just fine at the debate.

Now Jeb! on the other hand...

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 22, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

It would be cool if he played it up more, a maroon turtleneck with lettering? c'mon.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Jewel Repetition posted:

The race dynamics have shifted from "Trump dominates" to "Trump tied with Carson, Cruz and Rubio rising." Trump isn't sinking, yet. A few guys are just emerging as the field consolidates.

Carson is (obviously) the most vulnerable of this "Final Four," but if he holds on by December 1st we'll be seeing the four of them treated as the contender pack going into the final stretch.

EDIT: I doubt that Jeb! has much serious on Rubio other than the same tired "LOL Rubio is really bad with money, look at how he blew a million dollars."

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Baloogan posted:

It would be cool if he played it up more, a maroon turtleneck with lettering? c'mon.

To be fair, a 70' crosshatched mountain of ink is a BITCH to move around in.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

I found Hillery's angle on Rubio:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Boosted_C5 posted:

If Trump still hasn't worn the white hat with luxurious gold trim letters by Thanksgiving, I'll go ahead and just buy the red Trump hat when I'm doing my online Black Friday shopping.

I really like the white one with gold letters, but he hasn't worn it and only a fool would buy a hat Trump hasn't actually worn.

Someone should twitter at him and tell him to wear the white and gold one because only gold is fitting for his greatness.

Why won't you do it yourself? Afraid to expose yourself to your twitter followers?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

can this be gilmore's picture in the OP?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Doomtalker posted:

To be fair, a 70' crosshatched mountain of ink is a BITCH to move around in.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Montasque posted:

I found Hillery's angle on Rubio:

I completely missed that happening at the time, and I'm glad I did.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So, if Trump and Carson actually are on the same page in their demands, it's hard for me to see how Sunday doesn't come off as a colossal coup for Trump (and Carson).

There are basically four campaigns that really matter right now, and Ted Cruz is a follower at heart and knows that as the leading champion of the fight against the Mainstream Media he has to attach his name to whatever Trump is peddling.

Marco Rubio cannot be the only person going to the RNC debate out of the top four. If given a choice between debating losers and squares like Jeb! or going to Donald Trump Presents the Yoogest, Classiest, Most Luxurious Republican Primary Debate Of All Time, Brought To You With Limited Commercial Interruption By Donald Trump, Rubio will have to go to the latter.

So when Sunday rolls around and Trump presents his "do this or we're walking" demands to the RNC and the networks, they'll have to cave. There is no debate without Trump and Carson, because no Trump and Carson means no Cruz, and no Cruz means no Rubio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

agent_wildflower
Sep 7, 2011

OctoberBlues posted:

Here you go! I know lowtax will defend me if the secret service finds my joke to be inappropriate.

:eyepop: Oh god

• Locked thread