Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Did they increase the gravity? Playing a map after the update and everything is so fast now

They claim to have sped up all animations in the changelog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I am having problems treasure hunting since the update. The UI doesn't fully load, so I can neither open a map nor exit the screen. On iOS. Can anyone else replicate this?

As an aside, I've either been unlucky since the patch or tribute is borked. For my kingdoms, I have a roughly 50% chance of tribute every time. I've had 5 or 6 consecutive misses today, and no successes since the patch hit.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Using the advice in the second post I just got 7 wins in my first arena, so thanks guys. I lost one mostly due to luck, and one due to this:

What is this bullshit? I thought arena was supposed to be a level playing field.

Disco Bandit
Nov 15, 2004

All I want for christmas is a winning season
Can someone with access in Gem Bois invite IPJONES_1? I missed the big consolidation apparently.

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.

AzraelNewtype posted:

I hate the new faster animation speed.

Wolfsbane posted:

Using the advice in the second post I just got 7 wins in my first arena, so thanks guys. I lost one mostly due to luck, and one due to this:

What is this bullshit? I thought arena was supposed to be a level playing field.

Noticed this as well. Their team hit one of those combination bonuses mentioned a few posts back or is this due to the other player having a bunch of maxed out kingdoms giving stat boosts?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

They probably should disable Kingdom bonuses in the Arena. That seems kind of unfair.

In that same vein, max out Karakoth asap. It gives +1 to magic, and I think it is the only one with a magic boost.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Looks like a much higher level player with several maxed out kingdoms.

Bandire posted:

They probably should disable Kingdom bonuses in the Arena. That seems kind of unfair.

In that same vein, max out Karakoth asap. It gives +1 to magic, and I think it is the only one with a magic boost.
That will be expensive. There were not enough troops to max out Karakoth before the patch. I was 3k souls short of leveling the last troop to get the kingdom to 9 when the patch hit. 70k to max it out now, welp.

grrarg fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 29, 2015

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

AzraelNewtype posted:

Noticed this too; I like that it moves faster, but it feels a bit janky/weird now

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

duckfarts posted:

Noticed this too; I like that it moves faster, but it feels a bit janky/weird now

I can't describe it either, but I liked the old animations better. I guess I'm still trying to get used to the update.

Has anybody found any good invade teams that take advantage of the new bonus system?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

RussianBear posted:

I can't describe it either, but I liked the old animations better. I guess I'm still trying to get used to the update.

Has anybody found any good invade teams that take advantage of the new bonus system?

Paladin in a Whitehelm team is pretty brutal, and find a +Y/+G or YY/GG banner to feed quicker. With just Sapphira and Paladin as the synergistic troops he's hitting for 16 with his power, which is a mite on the expensive side with Sap there also eating the yellow mana. I've got them under the Yellow Cup banner (was unlocked with Whitehelm before, now no clue). i haven't worked out anything more from there.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Wolfsbane posted:

I think Arena is affected by difficulty settings. I noticed when I ran it there was a note about the lowest difficulty setting used.

I also only got to 5 wins playing on hard. The first time I didn't get to 8 wins (not counting crashes and bugs). The opponents that I lost to all had Herdmaster, who would cast his ability multiple times in a row.

Not that I can dictate what difficulty setting players choose when they invade me, but he (and other self-sustaining combo whores like Venoxia) will be quite strong if they choose Hard or better.

I have lost maybe 1 in 8 matches playing on hard or higher. Mostly due to not getting my Trent/Alchemist /Valkyrie /Banshee combo going.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Goblin team is pretty beefy with the new team synergy bonus thing. They get like 4 attack and 10 health, making Goblin King actually pretty good rather than just kind of a gimmicky wall.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
drat, my go-to team (Gorgotha, Keeper of Souls, Alchemist, Druid) doesn't get any bonuses; according to that Worm Rock pic posted above, I'm not missing much, though. At least not enough to replace any of my dudes.

Playing on Hard (i.e. disabling the combo-breaker) really makes a difference: Gorg-man doesn't always survive the entire match now :eyepop: (previously he was immortal).

The speed increase is a little wonky, but it's much appreciated on treasure maps. Those cascades sure took their time before. They still do.

New interface doesn't seem adapted to phones, things are pretty small on my 5.5" screen.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So I got this yesterday, and I bought the starter pack thing because why the gently caress not. I got a legendary Crimson Bat :catstare: so I built most of my deck around him.

Could I get an invite to the guild? code is VASUDUS

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Invite sent. (edit: to Vasudus; I didn't try to invite the guy from further upthread)

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 30, 2015

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

seravid posted:

New interface doesn't seem adapted to phones, things are pretty small on my 5.5" screen.
Yeah, not sure if it was like this before, but it's got a window in a window thing going on for me on a 6 plus.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
:siren: PSA: everybody still playing this game should go link their account to their device right now. In the Settings screen, there should be two options to register a device and show a password. Do both of those things in case you ever need to redownload the app in the future.

I know this because I deleted/redownloaded the app from the iOS App Store in an attempt to fix Zhul'Kari. When I started the app again, I couldn't log back into my account. Whoops.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

It looks like they are doing a double gold weekend event. The banner hasn't changed, but I'm getting double gold from invasions.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Got bored of the Alchemist team. Plus it has no bonuses.

Goblin team is super strong. Four Zaejin troops means +10 health. Three marauders gives everyone +2 attack.

Goblin Rocket
Goblin
Goblin Shaman
Goblin

Old God's Banner for +2 purple to power up the Shaman.

I don't have a Goblin King, and Boar Rider is a good 4th too. I also don't have a Hobgoblin, who would catch blue. The two Goblins work great together. So cheap that it's not an issue that they are both green. The second catches the extra green from a good Shaman spell.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bandire posted:

It looks like they are doing a double gold weekend event. The banner hasn't changed, but I'm getting double gold from invasions.

Yup, just announced.

gromdul posted:

Got bored of the Alchemist team. Plus it has no bonuses.

Goblin team is super strong. Four Zaejin troops means +10 health. Three marauders gives everyone +2 attack.

Goblin Rocket
Goblin
Goblin Shaman
Goblin

Old God's Banner for +2 purple to power up the Shaman.

I don't have a Goblin King, and Boar Rider is a good 4th too. I also don't have a Hobgoblin, who would catch blue. The two Goblins work great together. So cheap that it's not an issue that they are both green. The second catches the extra green from a good Shaman spell.

Yeah, I just tried out a Goblin Rocket/Goblin/Boar Rider/Goblin Shaman team, and it's ridiculously good. Strongly recommended.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Try replacing the Goblin Rocket with a Webspinner if you have one? There's green overlap, sure, but both 'Spinner and the Shaman can generate green gems with their abilities. You still get +6 life and +2 attack for shared types, and Webspinner's attack is a bonkers 11 at level 15 with the bonus.

I don't have a Goblin Rocket or a Hobgoblin. Have to get creative with that fourth slot.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Wolfsbane posted:

I figured out what this is. Your arena team carries over the bonus of your invasion team. So if you have a Zaejin goblin invasion team, your arena team can have +10 health from 4 goblins and up to +4 attack from 4 marauders.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

grrarg posted:

I figured out what this is. Your arena team carries over the bonus of your invasion team. So if you have a Zaejin goblin invasion team, your arena team can have +10 health from 4 goblins and up to +4 attack from 4 marauders.

I just came here to post about that. Is that intentional? It seems like a bug to me.

Is goblin team now the best team? I've tried some other combinations but with those bonuses nothing else comes close.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Well what the gently caress. Every Warlord 1 & 2 game I've played has had the opponent getting multiple combo matches each turn. Like 6 or more. And my Orion doing 3-5 damage, 14 times in a row. I get the beefed up stats, but it seems like the RNG is also skewed. I did 14 games on Warlord and won 3. In two of the games after the first turn the adversary never didn't have all their specials active.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

grrarg posted:

Don't do arena after you fought an invasion where the defenders had a bonus (and make sure you do have a bonus if you enjoy exploits). You get the banner bonus mana as well (which honestly should still be part of the game).

So what is the best bonus? Humans is +2 to life/armor/attack (Human General) for 4 Humans. You can make a team that uses all of one color for +25 mastery.

Hopefully it gets patched out soon.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

porktree posted:

Well what the gently caress. Every Warlord 1 & 2 game I've played has had the opponent getting multiple combo matches each turn. Like 6 or more. And my Orion doing 3-5 damage, 14 times in a row. I get the beefed up stats, but it seems like the RNG is also skewed. I did 14 games on Warlord and won 3. In two of the games after the first turn the adversary never didn't have all their specials active.

Yeah, I felt the same way.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I ended up just dropping it back down to normal because the bonus is too small to make up for the aggravation of infinite combo AI.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Either they bumped up the gold rewards from treasure hunting, or those are included in the double gold weekend. Whatever's the case, I'm burning through my stockpile of maps, making on average 1600 per map (hit 2300 last map, but that's on the high end). Less stressful than doing PVP for about the same profit per event. Plus I am averaging a couple of gems per map, too.

Edit: this is really making upgrading kingdoms a lot less painful. Karakoth went from level 4 to level 9 and I'm sitting on 20k gold towards level 10.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Oct 31, 2015

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I changed my hero weapon out the other day and now it's changed to something else and I can't figure out how to get it back. The weapon it switched to has a little lock icon on it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Grundulum posted:

Either they bumped up the gold rewards from treasure hunting, or those are included in the double gold weekend. Whatever's the case, I'm burning through my stockpile of maps, making on average 1600 per map (hit 2300 last map, but that's on the high end). Less stressful than doing PVP for about the same profit per event. Plus I am averaging a couple of gems per map, too.

Edit: this is really making upgrading kingdoms a lot less painful. Karakoth went from level 4 to level 9 and I'm sitting on 20k gold towards level 10.

Hey, you're right, treasure maps are giving double gold right now. Nice.

Also, if anyone's interested, here's a complete list of all the kingdom tributes & bonuses.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
If you're looking for a reason to use undead troops use Ghulvania ones. +2 Life, +6 Armor, and +2 Magic for 4 Ghulvanians and 4 undead.

loving around with troops really shows me that I've been lack in my souls/training game, though. :(

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Can someone tell me how much it costs to upgrade a kingdom from level 0 to level 1? I don't have any left at that level. It appears to be 500 to go from 1 to 2, carrying on from there.

Also, is there any point to challenges these days? The soul benefits are minimal compared against Arena, and you no longer get a kingdom bonus for finishing all the challenges.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Grundulum posted:

Can someone tell me how much it costs to upgrade a kingdom from level 0 to level 1? I don't have any left at that level. It appears to be 500 to go from 1 to 2, carrying on from there.

Also, is there any point to challenges these days? The soul benefits are minimal compared against Arena, and you no longer get a kingdom bonus for finishing all the challenges.

I've heard that every kingdom starts at 1 now. Mine were all >1 prior to the patch though.

Also yes challenges are pretty worthless. I guess if you want a fairly safe fight to test different strategies they can be useful.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I had four or five kingdoms I hadn't finished the quests on and they're all level 1 now. So the only reason to do the quests is to get a "free" troop now.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I'd say that that's lame for those who had already upgraded all their kingdoms, but I'm playing the game for free so I can't complain too much.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
Looking for a guild invite, my code is FROGGY_3

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
So for special troops like goblin rocket, are people who didnt get it the first time just SoL? I see lots of teams using goblin rocket but I don't have one as the time I saw it in the store was when I first started playing.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

So for special troops like goblin rocket, are people who didnt get it the first time just SoL? I see lots of teams using goblin rocket but I don't have one as the time I saw it in the store was when I first started playing.

They recycle older weapons/troops periodically. Lately it's usually a new unit or weapon, and an older one. Or you might get lucky and get one with a key. I got a autumn imp with a key.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Well, drat. Webspinner + Goblin + Goblin Shaman + Boar Rider was completely wrecking poo poo. The only time I ever lost a unit was against another Webspinner, and half the time I finished fights without taking any damage.

An update just dropped and changed Webspinner. Went from 5 magic at level 15 to 3 magic at level 15. So the special only creates 8 green gems instead of 10, and isn't quite as bananas. On the bright side, the special does 4 damage instead of 2.

Edit: son of a bitch. They made the special more expensive, too. 15-->16. People must have really been complaining about Webspinner.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
poo poo was broke. Glad its nerfed. Venoxia next please.

Mostly because I don't have either.