Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Mange Mite posted:

Tell me, have you graduated from high-school?

A medicore burn. :gb2gbs:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Coredump posted:

A medicore burn. :gb2gbs:

That's not a burn. You seriously seem to have trouble reading and understanding things.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Mange Mite posted:

That's not a burn. You seriously seem to have trouble reading and understanding things.

Someone goes off on a diatribe bitching about how if someone wants more power in a Miata then they're a dumb car nerd. That a stupid argument and he got called out on it multiple times. And if you think I'm the one with trouble reading things, let me quote exactly where he said it.

Wheeee posted:

If you have any interest in sports cars and think the Miata sucks because of power you aren't a driving enthusiast, you're just a dumb car nerd.

Also:

kimbo305 posted:

Whose strawman are you going after here?
That.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
this is really, really boring

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
SO. WHAT EXCITING NEW CARS ARE THERE TO DISCUSS?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

CornHolio posted:

Subaru did another concept car I think.

Saw a Scion iM. It was pretty ugly so I hope it was cheap.

Rode in a Rolls Royce Ghost. Definitely is nicer than the 7-series, though dunno if I'd buy it.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Scion's bringing a lowrider to SEMA.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/10/scions-2015-sema-show-projects-are.html

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Jesus wept

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Fo3 posted:

I thought LeeMajors was crazy until I re-read and realised they want a toyota camry wagon. Hell yeah, dual rear wipers!

gently caress yeah. And a tiny, hidden jump seat in the rear cargo area.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
They just discontinued the Camry wagon last year.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The problem with this isn't that it's a lowrider. It's that it's a lowrider that still somehow looks like a Scion. That's like making a Donk out of a Juke. :wtc:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

SEMA appears to be just a place for showing off that you have lots of cash but very little taste.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mange Mite posted:

They just discontinued the Camry wagon last year.

There hasn't been a Camry Wagon since 96 :eng101: (in the US, at least).

If you're talking about the Matrix abomination, that was a Corolla base (and ugly as gently caress). The Venza is some Island of Dr Moreau poo poo.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

CornHolio posted:

I'm pretty excited about the new Volt, it looks like a great DD if your commute is 20-30 miles each way.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

LeeMajors posted:

If you're talking about the Matrix abomination, that was a Corolla base (and ugly as gently caress). The Venza is some Island of Dr Moreau poo poo.

The Venza is a Camry wagon. It isn't even lifted like a typical CUV, it's just super-fat (just like the modern Camry)

KillHour posted:

The problem with this isn't that it's a lowrider. It's that it's a lowrider that still somehow looks like a Scion. That's like making a Donk out of a Juke. :wtc:

It also doesn't seem to ride very low.

The Scion front-end they grafted onto a Mazda is gross. Same with the front-end on the iM - in person, it looks very much as awkward and weirdly protuberant as it does in pictures.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 30, 2015

blk
Dec 19, 2009

KillHour posted:

That's like making a Donk out of a Juke. :wtc:

That doesn't sound terrible.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

blk posted:

That doesn't sound terrible.

I'll give you that it couldn't possibly be any worse. I guess it would depend on how well it was done.

Mange Mite posted:

It also doesn't seem to ride very low.

That's because you don't need to tuck the wheels into the wells to get the thing to scrape on your driveway every morning if you're the one designing the car.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 30, 2015

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mange Mite posted:

The Venza is a Camry wagon. It isn't even lifted like a typical CUV, it's just super-fat (just like the modern Camry)

It's a design abortion on low-profile tires. I refuse to acknowledge it as a Camry Wagon-proper.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

KillHour posted:

I'll give you that it couldn't possibly be any worse. I guess it would depend on how well it was done.

That's because you don't need to tuck the wheels into the wells to get the thing to scrape on your driveway every morning if you're the one designing the car.

Bonus Murano donk:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

KillHour posted:

Hey now, ,ost Lowriders are on hydraulics or bags

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

CornHolio posted:

The new Prius will have AWD as an option according to a leaked Japanese sales manual and get similar mileage to the current one with it engaged.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Mange Mite posted:

Bonus Murano donk:

I can't hate this. Actually, this one wraps back around to amazing. Kudos to the owner on a job well done. It is possible to make the Murano 'Vert not terrible.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Mange Mite posted:

Bonus Murano donk:

That Murano is pretty cool, I gotta admit.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Mange Mite posted:

Bonus Murano donk:

These cars were made for this, it's awesome.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

1337JiveTurkey posted:

The new Prius will have AWD as an option according to a leaked Japanese sales manual and get similar mileage to the current one with it engaged.

Apparently it's electric-only AWD, which is pretty cool.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

LeeMajors posted:

Same for here in Australia. The wagon was only around for the 1980s-90s rounder "wide body" 4cyl versions. that was a good time here because GM/Holden were badge engineering them too I think*. I know we had corollas called gm holden "novas" and commodores called toyota "lexcen". So you had the choice of parts supplier.
When toyota switched to a more modern design and a v6 option, I think that model didn't come out with a wagon version.

fake edit: Is the poo poo fight over? If so, lets get back to new cars.

*e: yeah gm holden slapped a badge on those camrys and called them "apollo".

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 30, 2015

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Fo3 posted:

fake edit: Is the poo poo fight over? If so, lets get back to new cars.

I think so, no one has mentioned in the last few posts oh wait...

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Well I didn't even read it, because who cares and f1 was on, so I didn't know who the twat was in the argument. So thanks for the confirmation.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Hey you got called out on your passive aggressive comment. Happens. If you want the "poo poo fight" to truly be over, don't bring it up. But if you want to get your licks in too then don't get mad when it comes back on you.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
5.0l diesel Titan gets 17mpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/10/30/2016-nissan-titan-xd-mpg/#slide-3263905

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I'm laughing at some of the comments on that article

"Looks like a cheap Chinese knockoff of a Ford"

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

That doesn't seem to be very good.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

skipdogg posted:

I'm laughing at some of the comments on that article

"Looks like a cheap Chinese knockoff of a Ford"

Well, they're definitely not wrong. I doubt this one will sell any better than the outgoing model.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Wheeee posted:

I don't know about you guys but I'm only interested in extremely powerful sports cars that you can't drive beyond 5/10's on the street without dying or going to prison, because I'm a dipshit who cares about the gadget itself more than the experience of driving.

I mean who would ever want some slow Miata that you have to rev hard and shift constantly? Having to think ahead of what I'm doing to carry speed is hard and tiring ugh.

If you have any interest in sports cars and think the Miata sucks because of power you aren't a driving enthusiast, you're just a dumb car nerd.

Also that's just one car example, also applies to ugh why won't Mazda put a fat turbo in the RX-8 ugh.

I own an NA Miata. Guess what? I still enjoy driving Huracans and 650Ss and i8s.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

fknlo posted:

It's a big diesel work truck, the article says the Cummins Ram gets 15 combined.

That's really not bad for a truck that size; the two dodge trucks in the article are rated at about 7,500 and 30,000lb towing, and the Nissan slots right in between at "over 12,000", so the numbers all seem to line up.

E: That said it's still ugly as sin and i doubt it'll make any more inroads in the market.

E2: Keep in mind my main point of reference was my dad's old V10 Ram that could maybe get double-digit MPG downhill with a tailwind.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 31, 2015

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

fknlo posted:

Article says it's combined.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It could also end up having a lower payload and max tow rating than the f-150. It's also likely to be hideously expensive. And VW drug diesels through the mud.

Cummins should just skip the titan, and offer the 5.0 as a crate motor.

Mr-Spain posted:

Article says it's combined.

still city/hwy/combined, it's 15.8/20.8/17.7, the diesel colorado got 25.5/29.3/27.1, and the 3.5 ecoboost f-150 is 14.8/19.9/16.8 and the 2.7 ecoboost f-150 is 16.1/21.5/18.5

It might end up less capable and less fuel efficient than a 2.7 liter gas engine

edit: that engine is 899lbs dry. the after treatment system alone is 95lbs. a fully loaded titan could be kissing 7000lbs.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 31, 2015

blk
Dec 19, 2009

drgitlin posted:

I own an NA Miata. Guess what? I still enjoy driving Huracans and 650Ss and i8s.

I think I remember you posting a Miata somewhere sunny on Ars a long time ago when I was active on the site - do you still have the same one? Funny how we ended up with the same garage minus the sweet press cars.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Powershift posted:

It could also end up having a lower payload and max tow rating than the f-150. It's also likely to be hideously expensive. And VW drug diesels through the mud.

Cummins should just skip the titan, and offer the 5.0 as a crate motor.

still city/hwy/combined, it's 15.8/20.8/17.7, the diesel colorado got 25.5/29.3/27.1, and the 3.5 ecoboost f-150 is 14.8/19.9/16.8 and the 2.7 ecoboost f-150 is 16.1/21.5/18.5

It might end up less capable and less fuel efficient than a 2.7 liter gas engine

edit: that engine is 899lbs dry. the after treatment system alone is 95lbs. a fully loaded titan could be kissing 7000lbs.

Well I see your point but it hits an interesting gap in the current diesel lineup. Nissan has no 1/2 ton 3/4 ton hangups. The domestics are all 3/4 ton class or more. I do argue that it will be more capable (can tow more) but couldn't guess at efficiency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I don't see too many Titans around here. Fords and Chevy's are the most popular trucks in my area (with Ford being #1) but the Tundras are gaining lots of popularity now they're built here in San Antonio.

They should just bro-diesel them out from the factory. LED light bars, exhaust stacks, 35's and a lift. They'll sell like hot cakes