Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

WarpedNaba posted:

So Spoilertag a few odd bits of a section?

most people will leave out a letter than have a simple captcha type question to fill in the letter, since computers are stupid and can't figure out that poo poo

dunno if spoiler tags trick bots though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Veskit posted:

Is there any word on how actually good the steam link is going to be, or is it something best worth waiting out to see?
There's every indication in internet buzz that the Steam Link does everything it says on the package. I've been using wireless local network Steam streaming software on a dying 7 year old PC to great effect so I have no reason not to believe it works on their bespoke video decoder box that is the Link. But the only caveat does seem to be to use wired if you want to do anything remotely near being classified as "action"

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there are no bots

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Awesome! posted:

there are no bots

the bots are everywhere

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Trespasser is the only one that really feels essential, in a somewhat similar way to the Citadel DLC and ME3.

Thanks. For whatever reason, I can get the console version cheaper than Origin, so I may just do that until TW3 goes on sale eventually.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

cat doter posted:

mercenary kings is video game torture, it's one of the most inept pieces of garbage I've had the displeasure of playing, gently caress that whole thing, the fact it looks so good just makes it worse

it's the result of a bunch of talented people working with game designers that don't know what they gently caress they're doing

bad game

I don't get it. There's dozens of great retro platformers on Steam. Why don't Capcom or Sega or Devolver or Adult Swim pay Paul Robertson tons of money and pair him with, I dunno, the Super Time Force or House of Dead Ninja guys?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Fair enough. Let's try this poo poo

Spintires: (Add an E to the end)

AD7PP-KWRMN-LV6Q

Contagion (1) (Add a 5 to the end)

HP6DW-H0VCY-LNQ3

Contagion (2) (Add a D to the end)

JGIZR-J59HT-3AWE

Contagion (3) (Add a B to the end)

GIMRV-WD7KV-ZX4B

Insurgency: (Add a 6 to the end)

8QQKA-KQBH4-V6GA

Men of War: Assault Squad GOTY (Add an E to the end)

CQDIE-P3WWT-KJ7N

Abyss Odyssey (1) (Add an R to the end)

9QLPD-I6ZY7-IDN8

Abyss Odyssey (2) (Add an I to the end)

J53MY-CANAJ-VRG0

Blackguards (Add a 7 to the end)

XQ8W3-H3TCX-GT0H

Blackguards 2 (Add a 7 to the end)

T7ZPX-PCNR3-XF7M

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 31, 2015

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

WarpedNaba posted:

Abyss Odyssey (2) (Add an I to the end)

J53MY-CANAJ-VRG0

Thank you for this! This was the one game I wanted in the bundle that I didn't have already, really looking forward to trying it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

WarpedNaba posted:

Insurgency: (Add a 6 to the end)

8QQKA-KQBH4-V6GA
Been wanting to try this one out for a while, thanks man. :)

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

WarpedNaba posted:

Fair enough. Let's try this poo poo

Abyss Odyssey (1) (Add an R to the end)

9QLPD-I6ZY7-IDN8

Thanks stole this.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Luisfe posted:

VPN to Mexico and enjoy a slightly betterer price.

Is it in english?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

WarpedNaba posted:

Well bugger. I kinda expected that from the first Witcher, as I got a cd for it but didn't get past the first village before moving on to something else. Then I lost the CD and whelp

Also I'm about to get the Humble Bundle but I don't want most of the games. (Dragon Divinity bitch!)

Do I just throw the other codes up here for you nerds to claim? I haven't been paying a lot of attention.

The first Witcher is one of those games where it does a whole lot of things right except the combat (and chapter 2). It's at least not a hard kind of bad combat, outside of the very first boss fight as long as you drink a Swallow + your choice of other potions you'll probably never die playing it on the regular difficulties.

Chapter 3 and 4 of the first Witcher are both some of the best times I've had with a video game.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

DrManiac posted:

Is it in english?

I got DA:I at release from the Mexican site and it's ingles

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

:spooky: RETURN OF THE 31 DAYS OF MOSTLY SPOOKY GAMES :spooky:

1. Knock-knock
2. CAPSULE
3. DARK
4. System Shock 2
5. Castle in the Darkness
6. Shattered Haven
7. Whispering Willows
8. Frankenstein: Master of Death
9. Kraven Manor
10. Our Darker Purpose
11. Stray Cat Crossing
12. Splatter - Blood Red Edition
13. The Emptiness Deluxe Edition
14. Clandestinity of Elsie
15. The Last Door - Collector's Edition
16. Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space
17. Murdered: Soul Suspect
18. Unholy Heights
19. Claire
20. Belladonna
21. Hektor
22. Neverending Nightmares
23. Decay: The Mare
24. Uncanny Valley
25. Black Mirror
26. Dementium II HD
27. Silence of the Sleep
28. Lakeview Cabin Collection
29. Sanitarium

30. Blackbay Asylum

I LOVE games that open with a dumb little disclaimer. It either means they don't actually take themselves seriously, or they take themselves SO seriously that you shouldn't bother to. Blackbay Asylum is the former sort, mashing top-down and first-person adventure gaming together with a liberal sprinkling of incredibly silly design. There's a lot of humor to be found here... which clashes more and more with the game itself the further in you get.

You play as... um... I think his name is Doug? I'm not entirely sure because it's never consistent, but he's a 6'8" mass murderer with a teddy bear and a soft side. My take is that you're not really supposed to sympathize with or revile him, just laugh along with him. And that's easy, because he has a ton of genuinely funny lines while examining the many hotspots of the asylum. I knew we were going to get along fine when he found someone ripped in half and shoved into a bookshelf, and said "That's why I don't read."

Most of the game is played from a top-down perspective, with you leading Doug around the grim halls to examine things, collect items, solve puzzles, and maybe figure out why demons have ripped everyone else to pieces. The puzzles are generally very clear and well thought-out, though the top-down perspective can make it very hard to spot key elements on walls, or odd objects on tables or floors. I had a tricky time locating a puzzle box in one office because it looked like a tablecloth. Of course, if you just click on everything it'll be less of an issue, which you should to get more of Doug's musings.

While the tone of the text is firmly tongue-in-cheek, the aesthetic is not and only gets darker. Flayed bodies are everywhere, and the demons get creepier and more startling the further in you get. The third chapter actually shifts things to first-person and ups the spooks pretty hard, with some corpse jumpscares, a lantern segment, and a gauntlet of horrors. Bear in mind that this all comes immediately after being eaten and pooped out of a giant monster. It starts to get weirdly whiplashy, alternating between goofy lines from Doug and Unity horror tropes.

There's a certain trashy charm to Blackbay Asylum, not quite as fully endearing as something like Splatter, but probably unique enough to keep you on board if you know what to expect. The exploring and puzzling is good as long as you're a little meticulous about it, and whether you're in for the laughs or the spooks, you're going to get something you're looking for.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

WarpedNaba posted:

Got the first two Witchers at 85% off on GOG, what can I expect from them?
You can expect a chance for me to link my guide for the second. For the first, I'd recommend the full combat rebalance mod. Also helps get over the slow swamp sections.

Apparently a lot of people were unaware of the basic "wtf is a witcher" lore in the first game, and didn't realize you're supposed to be using potions all the time, unlike other RPGs. Probably the most basic tip you need.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Luisfe posted:

VPN to Mexico and enjoy a slightly betterer price.

How harsh are EA to people who VPN to places?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

zedprime posted:

There's every indication in internet buzz that the Steam Link does everything it says on the package. I've been using wireless local network Steam streaming software on a dying 7 year old PC to great effect so I have no reason not to believe it works on their bespoke video decoder box that is the Link. But the only caveat does seem to be to use wired if you want to do anything remotely near being classified as "action"

At 100 bucks it's hard to argue because there are a lot of controller heavy games I want to stream from my comp to my tv. I'll give it a real thought thanks.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

five nights at freddys two hundred and fifty four announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsaXgePC2No

its a jrpg

I can't shriek at a camera while this game plays in the background, will not buy

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Xander77 posted:

You can expect a chance for me to link my guide for the second. For the first, I'd recommend the full combat rebalance mod. Also helps get over the slow swamp sections.

Apparently a lot of people were unaware of the basic "wtf is a witcher" lore in the first game, and didn't realize you're supposed to be using potions all the time, unlike other RPGs. Probably the most basic tip you need.

Or, just don't play the first game at all. It's really not worth your time, there are so many better games that you could be playing instead

I didn't care much for the second game, and I think opinions on it are pretty mixed. But it's still a huge step up from the first

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

five nights at freddys two hundred and fifty four announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsaXgePC2No

its a jrpg

hopefully this'll work like The Desolate Hope, which was A Good Game

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Why the gently caress isn't any of the PS2 Evil Dead games ported to GOG or Steam yet?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I picked up Vertigo Void and yeah this is literally just roll away/kula world so if anybody here was a fan of that game, pick this one up. It's only a buck and some change, and it's a solid puzzle platformer

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

I picked up Vertigo Void and yeah this is literally just roll away/kula world so if anybody here was a fan of that game, pick this one up. It's only a buck and some change, and it's a solid puzzle platformer

You might also want to check out Puzzle Dimension, which is also Kula World, but with the big difference of being by the actual Kula World developer.

In the UK, it's 50p right now.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

cat doter posted:

I just don't get that, the controls are awkward and floaty, the game never actually feels good to play and the systems that surround the game are put there without any care or thought, other people will never fix that
it's that version of stockholm syndrome that makes the borderlands games seem playable with friends

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Dominic White posted:

You might also want to check out Puzzle Dimension, which is also Kula World, but with the big difference of being by the actual Kula World developer.

In the UK, it's 50p right now.

Well poo poo I didn't know about that game

No matter. I'll hold off on picking it up for now since I think having 1 kula world to burn through is more than enough. Hell, I never even beat the original lol

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Crabtree posted:

Why the gently caress isn't any of the PS2 Evil Dead games ported to GOG or Steam yet?
THQ had the rights and I don't think anyone bought the rights when THQ went bankrupt.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Accordion Man posted:

THQ had the rights and I don't think anyone bought the rights when THQ went bankrupt.

Couldn't they revert to Sam Reimi and he just go to some decent company to report it for him?

Slig
Mar 30, 2010

WarpedNaba posted:

Contagion (3) (Add a B to the end)

GIMRV-WD7KV-ZX4B

Grabbed this, thanks

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Anyone picked up Fallout 4 off Nuuvem yet? Do you get the key before pre loading or do you have to wait till release day?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is there a way to sort your steam library by language? (Find all the games that have a specific language option and sort them into a separate category)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Raged posted:

Anyone picked up Fallout 4 off Nuuvem yet? Do you get the key before pre loading or do you have to wait till release day?

I'm in the same boat by getting with a discount voucher from Humble store. No idea if we'll get it early to preload it or right after release.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The final round of LEGO pictures for this update.

There's that island I found, but I can't just go exploring in a cowgirl diver suit.

There. Much better.

Don't run away natives! Come get civilized.

Get. Civilized.

Splendid.

What's this? Looks like the local leader.

A quest! The king wants skeletons... Kinky. Well, I can help.

I've skeletoned myself accidentally, I'm placing a skeleton, but all that was actually required was to press E in the king's face. That summoned a pack of skeletons out of nowhere.

The king was not ready for skeletons.

I was not ready for skeletons, either. They do strike a shop mannequin pose when idle.

Run!

Eventually things got quiet, I checked out the tower and found a blueprint for...

...a luxury cabin.

Not exactly my idea of luxury, but I'll just stand posing here until Update 4.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i now have first hand experience that nep nep is bad. that is all

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it was part of a humble bundle and i knew it would be bad but i wanted to get the cards so i tried it anyway

it sucks that there's no good game with breath of fire dragon quarter combat, other than breath of fire dragon quarter

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Yo I love garbage but those games are really boring. Why you do this to yourself? EDIT: Oh, I see. Fair enough. You would of been better off giving it away, though.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Why would you even get the ten dollar bracket on that bundle, the only other game was loving Agarest.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Justin_Brett posted:

Why would you even get the ten dollar bracket on that bundle, the only other game was loving Agarest.
charitieeezzzz

also iirc a lot of the BTA prices on humble bundles have been near $10 lately anyway

like the capcom BTA was $8-9

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Has anyone here tried the Mega Man Legacy Collection? I was reading about the collection before it came out, and it sounded like they had worked pretty hard to port the game over, and that it wasn't just the games presented via an emulator. However, I heard it ended up having some issues with input lag and poor audio. One major thing I heard is that it mimics the slowdown effects as they would appear in the original game, but there's no way to disable it.

On another note, what's the consensus on Sword Coast Legends? It seems like there's been a bit of backlash at it, but I have no idea why. It looked pretty interesting, and I remember someone here in thread saying that the main campaign was pretty good. Is it worth waiting for it to go on sale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Max Wilco posted:

Has anyone here tried the Mega Man Legacy Collection? I was reading about the collection before it came out, and it sounded like they had worked pretty hard to port the game over, and that it wasn't just the games presented via an emulator. However, I heard it ended up having some issues with input lag and poor audio. One major thing I heard is that it mimics the slowdown effects as they would appear in the original game, but there's no way to disable it.

Yeah, they worked hard to port it exactly the same as the original versions, slowdown and weird NES sprite flicker included.
Didn't have any problems with input lag or anything but I wasn't playing the PC version either, so.

• Locked thread