Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It looks like some very sad-tasting MRE granola I had the misfortune of trying to eat once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Schubalts posted:

Where do I have to go to eat this?

Google says The Big E which is like a state fair for all of New England. That bbq sundae looked like state fair food so I'm not surprised.

Also would. So very much

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

DarklyDreaming posted:

Google says The Big E which is like a state fair for all of New England. That bbq sundae looked like state fair food so I'm not surprised.

Also would. So very much

drat, I've been to the Big E a zillion times and never noticed this among all the onion blossom and twice-fried Oreo stands.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
When I was a kid jogging with my dad at the county lake, a goose ran at me with its head down right to my feet. I made to step on it but it ran off beating its wings and poo poo.

I wanted to make that goose into a burg

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Make all enemies into burg

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

It came from Facebook, AFP Halloween edition

:barf:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

This person should be tried as a war criminal for their trespass against deviled eggs

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Alter Ego posted:

drat, I've been to the Big E a zillion times and never noticed this among all the onion blossom and twice-fried Oreo stands.

I've been out of New England for over a decade and I really miss the Big E

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I went to the Topsfield Fair in Massachusetts a few weeks ago, and they also had the meat sundae. I ate mediocre pierogies instead, kinda wish I'd gone for something more fair-like.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

American and European buffalo are both Bisonus. Water buffaloes are Bubalus. Cape Buffaloes are Syncerus.

All of these species of animal are called "buffalo" in English.

I have only eaten Bisonus meat, but Bubalus milk makes some loving delicious yogurt.

Plus a large amount of bison/buffalo in the US is actually "beefalo", a cattle/bison hybrid.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
And you can't eat European buffalo/bison because it's an endangered species.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AlbieQuirky posted:

And you can't eat European buffalo/bison because it's an endangered species.

That just makes me want to eat it more

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Previa_fun posted:

That looks like deviled eggs made with avocado as the fat instead of mayo, it's a nice change of pace since it gives them a much smoother, gooeyer texture.

Now I want to make avocado deviled eggs with beet-pickled eggs just to make the most :catdrugs: color palette possible.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Sleeveless posted:

That looks like deviled eggs made with avocado as the fat instead of mayo, it's a nice change of pace since it gives them a much smoother, gooeyer texture.

Now I want to make avocado deviled eggs with beet-pickled eggs just to make the most :catdrugs: color palette possible.

Do it. Do it.

and post pics.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Sleeveless posted:

This would be a good contribution to the thread and I think you should do this. Also, that sounds like it'd be pretty yummy.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
It takes a week or two to pickle the eggs, will report back.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Does that person not have teeth? That whole meal is just mush.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

This picture hurts my brain.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Beat case, best case scenario, those are very lightly fried plantain bananas and not regular bananas so the ketchup isn't weird. Not sure what the brown meat-like substance is though.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Eponine posted:

Beat case, best case scenario, those are very lightly fried plantain bananas and not regular bananas so the ketchup isn't weird. Not sure what the brown meat-like substance is though.

It's called banana sauce because it's a sauce that goes on bananas :downs:

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
There is no way that is not overdone steak, plain bananas, and ketchup in that picture.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I was thinking it's either cheap canned tuna or wet cat food.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

What is banana sauce?

Other than sauce for bananas. Like, what does it taste like?

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
It's made of bananas. Tastes like regular ketchup, or similar enough for most applications

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

That's hosed up.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Would you perhaps prefer some mango ketchup instead

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I am mildly allergic to mangoes. :barf:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Not sure what that no pizza rules pizza is about but I love mangoes so I'm sure I could find a better use for it than imitation ketchup.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Bina posted:

I am mildly allergic to mangoes. :barf:

Me, too! I used to complain that I liked them but didn't like the "itchy mitts" they gave me until someone pointed out to me that this was not normal.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Sleeveless posted:

:stwoon: I had no idea this was a thing. I thought it was a food coloring nightmare.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

imitation ketchup.

:eng101: There are many kinds of ketchup besides tomato ketchup! http://www.saveur.com/article/kitchen/beyond-tomatoes-four-great-fruit-ketchups

Mushroom ketchup, however, still looks gross as hell:

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

cash crab posted:

Me, too! I used to complain that I liked them but didn't like the "itchy mitts" they gave me until someone pointed out to me that this was not normal.

My throat gets slightly swollen, and won't stop itching after I eat anything with mango in it. I also get mildly warm.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Grape Soda posted:

:eng101: There are many kinds of ketchup besides tomato ketchup! http://www.saveur.com/article/kitchen/beyond-tomatoes-four-great-fruit-ketchups

Mushroom ketchup, however, still looks gross as hell:

It's hella umami. Like worchestershire sauce or something.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Oooh, yes, please!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Humphrey Vasel posted:

It's made of bananas. Tastes like regular ketchup, or similar enough for most applications

It's ketchup but somewhat sweeter, basically. It's also (apparently) what they use on spaghetti over in the Philippines.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

"Great Wall of China chicken burger" (2015)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
A million Chinese workers died for this piece of afp

• Locked thread