Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Inzombiac posted:

:shrug: all my dudes are at 80, some frome tomes and cooking, and I got 20 HP in like 30 minutes for running around.
Schpyder's point is that in those 30 minutes you could've done the ~7 or so easily soloable points in Verdant Brink and gotten 70 HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Harrow posted:

Revenant is more fun than I remember it being in the BWEs. I'm suddenly regretting not saving enough tomes to shoot this dude straight to 80.

I only had enough supplies to get mine to 30 but it's definitely great fun. I wasn't initially interested in the class based on concept alone but drat all the weapons are pretty drat fun. I especially love staff, even if it doesn't do much in the way of damage I just can't give up the style points of all that spinning.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mercurius posted:

Schpyder's point is that in those 30 minutes you could've done the ~7 or so easily soloable points in Verdant Brink and gotten 70 HP.

I see. Maybe it's my luck but I always got crushed in the new HPs but that was pre-patch.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Inzombiac posted:

I see. Maybe it's my luck but I always got crushed in the new HPs but that was pre-patch.
Some of them spawn champions but there's quite a lot that are soloable if you have Bouncing Mushrooms, Updrafts, Exalted Mastery and Nuloch Wallows. Dulfy has some good guides on them:
Verdant Brink - http://dulfy.net/2015/10/25/gw2-verdant-brinks-hero-points-guide/
Auric Basin - http://dulfy.net/2015/10/26/gw2-auric-basin-hero-points-guide/
Tangled Depths - http://dulfy.net/2015/10/27/gw2-tangled-depths-hero-points-guide/

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I made a Revenant because Rylock is one, that is all. Well and maybe because bards are best.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
I sure do love spending 1 1/2 hours in Dragon's Stand so the game can crash right before the boss dies!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I especially enjoy how crashing means you get jack poo poo, whereas failing the event still gives you a decent reward. You can't even get back into the map to do any of the post-event stuff!

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Kajeesus posted:

I especially enjoy how crashing means you get jack poo poo, whereas failing the event still gives you a decent reward. You can't even get back into the map to do any of the post-event stuff!

Your pain, it is my own.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Completing Elite Specs has allowed for more options in the game of fashion.

Huntin' dragons:

I've finally completed my 'glowing like a forge' look for my Engineer:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Mercurius posted:

What a wonderful cat. Whats the stuff its wearing?

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Goon Squad Guild Hall Capture: So Nice We're Doing it Twice

Once we spread out, that was cake.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Guild hall claiming was so fun GOON decided to do it twice.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Priapus Unbound posted:

Goon Squad Guild Hall Capture: So Nice We're Doing it Twice

Once we spread out, that was cake.

Best part was the titanic taunting toads travelling tight tunnels towards target 'tenders, thrashing thieves thoroughly. Also every other class I saw in that mob at first.

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Mercurius posted:

Completing Elite Specs has allowed for more options in the game of fashion.

Huntin' dragons:

The second one makes me want to level an Engineer just for scrapper, which seems like a really sweet spec frankly.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Guild Hall stuff is buggy, hopefully since Gilded Hollow is small and basically one level you'll have better luck a second time.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
They also patched it to make it easier a few days ago, i believe in you.

Cytokinesis
Aug 18, 2008

He sees the power of a god behind it. A power that has bested him!

Visidan posted:

Guild Hall stuff is buggy, hopefully since Gilded Hollow is small and basically one level you'll have better luck a second time.

On no, we succeeded the first time.

But in perfect goon fashion we were screwed before we even began, because the new build came up right before we started.

While the instance everyone was in stayed up, guild functions were disabled from the start.

And nobody realized this.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I've been feeling weirdly fatigued playing Heart of Thorns, and now I realize why.

Remember that one annoying vista in Dredgehaunt Cliffs? The one in a dredge mine, on a high suspended walkway that requires an unintuitive path to reach and is loaded up with angry dredge with launch attacks prepared to shove you off the edge? It feels like the majority of Heart of Thorns content is like this.

I don't mind having increased difficulty with enemies and navigation, but the increased difficulty doesn't let up. Areas that are simple to navigate are rare. One of my greatest joys in GW2 vanilla was map exploration, but in Heart of Thorns it just feels exhausting. Sometimes it feels like I'm going in circles in an attempt to figure out where basic points of interest markers are. The worst offender is Tangled Depths, where there's layers of navigation puzzles upon navigation puzzles obfuscating basic map events.

I think they overdid the map complexity.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Thyrork posted:

What a wonderful cat. Whats the stuff its wearing?
Scrapper Helm, Magitech Shoulders, Forgeman Jacket, Fused Gauntlets, Studded Pants, Trapper's Boots, Molten Jetpack, Predator. I'm super happy with the look. I also have Magmaton on my hammer for more lava-esque goodness.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Goons are not interior designers.

It has gotten like 5x worse since this screenshot.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Tangled Depths is a lot easier when you realize the entire map is just a five pointed start with a center point. Also nuhoch burrows help a ton.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

SUCCESS!!!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mizuti posted:

I've been feeling weirdly fatigued playing Heart of Thorns, and now I realize why.

Remember that one annoying vista in Dredgehaunt Cliffs? The one in a dredge mine, on a high suspended walkway that requires an unintuitive path to reach and is loaded up with angry dredge with launch attacks prepared to shove you off the edge? It feels like the majority of Heart of Thorns content is like this.

I don't mind having increased difficulty with enemies and navigation, but the increased difficulty doesn't let up. Areas that are simple to navigate are rare. One of my greatest joys in GW2 vanilla was map exploration, but in Heart of Thorns it just feels exhausting. Sometimes it feels like I'm going in circles in an attempt to figure out where basic points of interest markers are. The worst offender is Tangled Depths, where there's layers of navigation puzzles upon navigation puzzles obfuscating basic map events.

You're definitely not wrong. Map exploration used to be a super relaxing activity I could do while watching a movie or something, the new HoT maps I can't do that, I have to concentrate, and the map is useless making them very difficult to navigate.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
GOON got our bird cave! On the first try! twice! We made a prison for the bad birds!

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
A Dragon is just a Bird you haven't met.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

AzureSkye posted:

Goons are not interior designers.

It has gotten like 5x worse since this screenshot.

I will fix this, I've been watching HGTV for 6 months in preparation for this.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Mercurius posted:

:drat:

Mizuti posted:

Yeah, I don't disagree with all this, also I don't like big zergy map events so I haven't spent really any time at all in the new zones. Also they really went full Anet with "everything must have its own unique currency that doesn't go in the bank or wallet."

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
HoT maps are way better than others at encouraging you to split up groups instead of mass blobbing, and nearly everything goes into wallets and the collection bank just fine.

But there's no new dungeon content so gently caress it, organizing 5 people maybe isn't an epic massively multiplayer experience but it's more fun. Hopefully raids aren't poorly tuned garbage.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Mizuti posted:

Verdant Brink is legitimately a pain and I'm only just getting used to it (although it's better with updrafts and bouncy mushrooms) but Auric Basin and Tangled Depths are pretty simple. Just get the WP in the centre of the map and then you can exit the centre area to whichever part of the map you're trying to get to. I haven't been into Dragon's Stand yet so I can't say anything about that but AB and TD aren't bad at all once you figure that out.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Adhesive Gamin posted:

HoT maps are way better than others at encouraging you to split up groups instead of mass blobbing, and nearly everything goes into wallets and the collection bank just fine.

But there's no new dungeon content so gently caress it, organizing 5 people maybe isn't an epic massively multiplayer experience but it's more fun. Hopefully raids aren't poorly tuned garbage.

In VB at least there's still a ton of mass blobbing—plenty of rally points occupied by Mordrem on the map while 50 people mill around the central pact encampment. One of those points is surrounded by frogs though and it's absolute hell and I don't blame anyone for not bothering to take and hold it.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Organza Quiz posted:

Verdant Brink is legitimately a pain and I'm only just getting used to it (although it's better with updrafts and bouncy mushrooms) but Auric Basin and Tangled Depths are pretty simple. Just get the WP in the centre of the map and then you can exit the centre area to whichever part of the map you're trying to get to. I haven't been into Dragon's Stand yet so I can't say anything about that but AB and TD aren't bad at all once you figure that out.

Dragon's stand has a start point that divides into 3 lanes and that is the entire map. All waypoints are discovered by default, but are locked until the meta progresses far enough down the lane(s).

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Mizuti posted:

To add to this - I find the waypoints very spread out, not that it really matters, because (in VB at least) all but one or two are almost always contested it seems. The new maps look great and have a lot interesting characteristics, but they're such a chore that I've barely spent time in them. Getting around vanilla maps is nice and fun (typically), but if I'm trying to, say, do events in VB, the odds of me getting anywhere quickly and alive are pretty slim. It just feels like another bullet point in "the expansion design forgot what vanilla design was about" whine that I'm trying not to harp on, heh.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My Dragonhunter thinks this is Final Fantasy

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Are there any outfits for an engineer that would look like 50's style alien ray gun stuff? Like Duck Dogers or something?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
This is the little jump puzzle cave in the Wayfarer Foothills

Any idea why shadowed areas are now glowing beacons? This also randomly occurs in Vermintide and I have no idea what the cause is. As soon as I leave that cave the other parts of the map are normal.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

CLAM DOWN posted:

You're definitely not wrong. Map exploration used to be a super relaxing activity I could do while watching a movie or something, the new HoT maps I can't do that, I have to concentrate, and the map is useless making them very difficult to navigate.

Yeah I've completely avoided the new zones because of this, and am levelling a new character instead. I play GW2 to chill and listen to podcasts, frantically looking for the next waypoint and avoiding mobs doesn't really allow that.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Come to think of it, a lot of the negative feedback you gave from the very early beta still applies today. :smith:

I wonder if Heart of Thorn's difficult navigation can or will be changed at this point.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Mizuti posted:

Come to think of it, a lot of the negative feedback you gave from the very early beta still applies today. :smith:

I wonder if Heart of Thorn's difficult navigation can or will be changed at this point.

Agreed, I remember the very first beta weekend I posted feedback in this thread to that effect :(

Add me ingame, Arus.1482, the new zones are definitely tolerable when not soloing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.

Tamayachi posted:

This is the little jump puzzle cave in the Wayfarer Foothills

Any idea why shadowed areas are now glowing beacons? This also randomly occurs in Vermintide and I have no idea what the cause is. As soon as I leave that cave the other parts of the map are normal.

This is the Tears of Itlaocol puzzle in Wychmire Swamp in Caledon Forest. The lighting appears to be broken in several puzzles around the world. I submitted a bug report, but I haven't gone back to check if they fixed it. With it looking like this, it's impossible to actually complete the puzzle.

e. Heart of Thorns navigation is tricky, but I like it. Gliding, Updrafts and Nuhoch Wallows make things a lot easier. I do agree that simply exploring can get exhausting because very few mobs or groups of mobs will allow you to simply run through (I loaded up on stealth on my mesmer just for that reason), but I also kind of like that :shobon:. Makes it feel as dangerous as it is and ups the stakes. It would be nice to have a few more WPs be generally uncontested, though.

cyclical fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Oct 31, 2015

• Locked thread