Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Was Erin gonna be on HarmonQuest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Spencer has said two sentences and I can tell he is sober for this ep.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

"I'm racist.

I wanted to bring that up."

*music queue, racist rap for one stanza*

JesusFists
Feb 14, 2005

ong-time listener, first-time caller.

The NYC SeeSo show was not good. The crowd sucked, seemed like a bunch of launch party insiders and reporters, and Harmon started to hate them for it. Sadly, the guy's pretty obviously in a depression hole, so he wasn't able to turn their mehs into comedy gold.

Edit: And the amount of poo poo he started tossing towards SeeSo and one of their other projects made me wince for his career. No one came out of that looking good.

JesusFists fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 22, 2015

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

KoRMaK posted:

M.C. Clarity was not good

ooooo weee

His "flow" was okay, but he seemed to have forgot his rhymes at home.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
That was a pretty good episode. There is almost a sitcom you could make about a practically sociopathic person in a position of money and power due to one specific skill who would be hopeless at any other endeavour if they just didn't get to the top of their industry in that one specific skill. Though I guess that is Curb your Enthusiasm.

Andy Kindler is hard to place. I have not heard his actual stand up ever but he is really fun in the two Harmontown's he has done. But he doesn't seem completely funny, if that makes sense.

They should try and do an "all-star" Harmontown. Schrab, Kumail, Bobcat, Proops, Kindler...?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Wank posted:

That was a pretty good episode. There is almost a sitcom you could make about a practically sociopathic person in a position of money and power due to one specific skill who would be hopeless at any other endeavour if they just didn't get to the top of their industry in that one specific skill. Though I guess that is Curb your Enthusiasm.

Andy Kindler is hard to place. I have not heard his actual stand up ever but he is really fun in the two Harmontown's he has done. But he doesn't seem completely funny, if that makes sense.

They should try and do an "all-star" Harmontown. Schrab, Kumail, Bobcat, Proops, Kindler...?
Hurwitz is the best guest, he's Kumail level.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
dan's hayride rant was great

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
I wasn't familiar with Kindler beyond his role on Bob's Burgers but now that I've placed where I know him from, I can only hear Mort trying his hand at being a pun-riddled standup comedian. Though the line "What do you mean we're outta gas, it's called a tank!" floored me.

Also, the hayride story was starting to drag a bit but once the thing about the car shooter came up and completely made the whole farce fall apart I couldn't stop laughing.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
His act is really funny in a deconstructing way. He's also one of my favorite podcast guests in general, he brings a great, infectious energy with him wherever he shows up.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Woah, is Kindler not awful in this newest episode then? That's surprising because in his last appearance he came off as really jealous and bitter when he kept ranting about more popular comedians saying stupid things on Twitter and wasn't funny at all.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

In It For The Tank posted:

That's surprising because in his last appearance he came off as really jealous and bitter when he kept ranting about more popular comedians saying stupid things on Twitter and wasn't funny at all.
That's been his act for the last 30 years and it's magnificent.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
It seems like every audience member tries to out laugh each other. No one roars with laughter like the audience does in real life.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Brekelefuw posted:

It seems like every audience member tries to out laugh each other. No one roars with laughter like the audience does in real life.

It's LA. Part of the local mythology is that you simply need to be noticed - for whatever - is the start of your journey to stardom.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Also having actually been in the meltdown and seen harmontown live it's a hot cramped tiny loving room with poo poo lighting that you wait like an hour plus to trudge your way into (it's a whole process to go to that show, it's in an area of la that's fairly removed from anything really interesting in the immediate area, with no parking, in a lovely section of town), the night's harmontown regularly sells out beforehand (as i found out to my surprise one time when i just expected to be able to pick up a ticket if i showed up like an hour early) , you have to go through two different lines in the process of getting in, and if you live in la county (like i do) you probably don't live in fuckin' west hollywood, since, you know, it's west loving hollywood. you probably live in torrance or simi valley or compton or something, somewhere where the rent isn't a living nightmare, which means you got an hour drive plus both to and from there with la traffic which is perhaps the worst traffic in the loving world, and then you gotta go find the aformentioned nearly non-existent parking. it's a whole excursion. it's a loving process. there are many, many steps involved. So once you're in your seat and then people start laughing around you you're already predisposed to laugh like a loving hyena at every word out of dan's mouth because of the crazy time investment you made to watch this thing, and the fact that it's situated in a tiny, cramped, intimate area and everyone around you is roaring with laughter you just sorta...get into it.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
It's live comedy. It's always funnier live. That's why they do it live. Especially if you're a few margaritas deep from the Mexican restaurant down the street from Meltdown, like I usually am when I'm there for Harmontown.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

i would drink but i drive both to and from there, i'm a lightweight, and there's no loving way i'm paying for a taxi or uber to where i live given the hour-plus drivetime. i imagine being impaired does improve the viewing experience immensely though

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Ah yes, I usually take the red line to Hollywood/Highland and walk in the rest of the way.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

Also having actually been in the meltdown and seen harmontown live it's a hot cramped tiny loving room with poo poo lighting that you wait like an hour plus to trudge your way into (it's a whole process to go to that show, it's in an area of la that's fairly removed from anything really interesting in the immediate area, with no parking, in a lovely section of town), the night's harmontown regularly sells out beforehand (as i found out to my surprise one time when i just expected to be able to pick up a ticket if i showed up like an hour early) , you have to go through two different lines in the process of getting in, and if you live in la county (like i do) you probably don't live in fuckin' west hollywood, since, you know, it's west loving hollywood. you probably live in torrance or simi valley or compton or something, somewhere where the rent isn't a living nightmare, which means you got an hour drive plus both to and from there with la traffic which is perhaps the worst traffic in the loving world, and then you gotta go find the aformentioned nearly non-existent parking. it's a whole excursion. it's a loving process. there are many, many steps involved. So once you're in your seat and then people start laughing around you you're already predisposed to laugh like a loving hyena at every word out of dan's mouth because of the crazy time investment you made to watch this thing, and the fact that it's situated in a tiny, cramped, intimate area and everyone around you is roaring with laughter you just sorta...get into it.

#ACTUALLY it's in Hollywood proper, not West Hollywood. Parking's not that bad eitger. You just gotta be OK with walking a few blocks at most. You driving a Lincoln Towncar or something?

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Nov 1, 2015

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

When I visited LA we just parked near the Chipotle, ate Chipotle, then walked the 10 minutes. My giant fast-food drink was still cold, which was nice as it is hot in there. It was pretty easy. You could also just get an uber or something.

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

well why not posted:

When I visited LA we just parked near the Chipotle, ate Chipotle, then walked the 10 minutes. My giant fast-food drink was still cold, which was nice as it is hot in there. It was pretty easy. You could also just get an uber or something.

And then you can make a five stars

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I randomly loaded up #100 on a whim over the weekend and was delighted as a dude comes onstage and he explains he was a storyboard artist on the upcoming show BoJack Horseman, tries to explain the premise of BoJack Horseman and then tries his best to insist that the show with such an insane premise is actually good.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 2, 2015

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

well why not posted:

Yeah I don't get what the big deal is. It's not K-Town where you can literally drive in circles for an hour and not find a spot. I go to Meltdown several times a month and there's always spots in the residential area south of the 7-11. Plus Meltdown has a parking lot if you don't mind paying a couple bucks.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I liked the latest video, Rob Schrab is a genius and Dan getting upset was very funny to me

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lol at Schrabs reaction to gamergate. Its the same as mine

"I dooont know what that is, i have no opinion on it."

Dan insists

"nope i dont agree or disagree with what you are saying i dont know what that is or what its about."

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Schrab in the three minutes he was Hordegaard was funnier than DeMorge has ever been.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Someone update the OP re: Erin, in that she won't appear again

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Jeff & Schrab ganging up on Dan will never get old.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Golden Bee posted:

Someone update the OP re: Erin, in that she won't appear again

where was this confirmed

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I guess whoever hired Schrab to direct the Lego Movie 2 hasn't seen his version of Jaws 4?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Brocktoon posted:

I guess whoever hired Schrab to direct the Lego Movie 2 hasn't seen his version of Jaws 4?

Hey Lego Movie 2, who is directing that?

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Hey Lego Movie 2, who is directing that?

What's Lego Movie?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Squack McQuack posted:

What's Lego Movie?

When you see it, you'll poo poo Legos.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lol at the real doll lead in for aubdrey plaza.

She sounds soooo ... sad or depressed. I think its known that shes talked about her issues with depression before, hence the grumpy cat movie. Now she's talkin to Dan about dan's desire to get a real doll.

P great episode so far. Real weird.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Who the gently caress is dave klien, is he only known on harmontown or is he like a writer or something?

PollosBromanos
May 18, 2012
Just your garden variety Harmontown attention whore

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Wank posted:

He's a "comedian's comedian" which means other comedians think he's funny but people who pay to see comedy don't

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
He's definitely a comedian of his era. I'll always remember him from his appearances on Dr. Katz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKDmrY4GRb4

MY ABACUS! fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 11, 2015

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

Mob posted:

He's a "comedian's comedian" which means other comedians think he's funny but people who pay to see comedy don't

After watching some of his stuff, I get what you are saying. He kind of reminds me of James Adomian as well like that. I don't like their material but they are quick and funny off the cuff. There are probably more like that. But he is a bit old-fashioned as well.

MY ABACUS! posted:

He's definitely a comedian of his era. I'll always remember him from his appearances on Dr. Katz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKDmrY4GRb4

Oh poo poo! I forgot about this show. I used to watch it all the time. They were actual comedians doing their bits on that show!? I had no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Man, this latest episode started and ended really strongly (and continues the trend of Hodegaard being hilarious when someone other than DeMorge plays as him) but it was a real poo poo show from the second Aubrey Plaza stepped on stage until basically the second she left.