Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006
NYCC Code for anyone that still needs it, all the others appear to be expired: http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/ddne7

Also, if anyone needs the referral still, please consider using mine http://www.swtor.com/r/6WVLyH

Would like a little swag :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Couple of questions:

I don't understand subscription vs buying expansions. It says expansion content is free for subscribers, is this correct? What happens if I subscribe, equip expansion locked weapons and than subscription runs out? Will they just de-eqip?
When I press Refer a friend it says "An unknown error has been detected" - any idea WTF?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Sekenr posted:

Couple of questions:

I don't understand subscription vs buying expansions. It says expansion content is free for subscribers, is this correct? What happens if I subscribe, equip expansion locked weapons and than subscription runs out? Will they just de-eqip?
When I press Refer a friend it says "An unknown error has been detected" - any idea WTF?

Right now all of the previously paid expansions and the newest are free to subscribers. If you unsubscribe you will keep the expansions but not be eligible for any new content (starting in January). You'll drop down to preferred status, which is bad but if all you want to do is see the basic story it's acceptable.

You're likely getting the error on referral because you don't have an email address registered to your account.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It was mentioned before when someone else's sub lapsed, but just to be clear:
--My character in FE can not only finish her current chapter, but start the next one, I assume going all the way through (until Chap 9).
--My character in SoR can start FE.
--My character who has not started SoR (I bought Hutt Cartel back in the day, not SoR) can start the prelude flashpoints. I can fly to Rishi so I assume I can keep going.

Looks like when subscription unlocks content, it stays unlocked even if you don't start it while subbed. Only thing I can think of left to try is creating a new character while unsubbed and seeing if they can access the stuff.

It's the way we thought it would work, but I've been through enough "it's supposed to work this way" to want to confirm things.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 31, 2015

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Valkorian for better or worse is a very interesting character right now. The problem is that why he is interesting is in direct contradiction to previously revealed stuff about Vitiate. I hope Bioware has a very good plan in place to deal with the discrepancy.

For tying the Star Cabal into this my bets on the Infinite Fleet. Odd are its another drat Rakata Foundry because three have been known and only two uses, and BW probably wouldn't' let that Chekov's gun go unfired. But if its not I'd say the Star Cabal could tie into doing something to create a self replicating droid crewed fleet.

Minorly I'd love to see the damage the war has really wrought. Like it's sorta nebulous and just us being told because we don't really see 'current' versions of planets. Doing the Star Fort stuff its utterly ridiculous that some planets keep the status quo, even if the Star Fortress in the skybox is a nice touch. I dunno, I just would love to see updated versions of Kaas City where it's all ruined like a city that survived the Blitz or Tython and Korriban littered with wreckage, totally stealing the most powerful image in the Force Awakens trailer, that of the a ruined Star Destroyer crashed. It's probably an assload of work to do that, but drat would it be neat to see.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 31, 2015

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Just finished The available story, Yeah it's totally believable that Lana would get shitfaced at some party It's not like she's a Sith Lord or anything!

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Does anyone have a bt4 female and Thexan's robes? I'm tempted to buy them but a lot of outfits are ruined by weird thigh/butt clipping, and if possible I'd like to avoid that and I don't want to buy one if it's going to clip and be lovely.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'm glad the 60 characters can be stripped and remade, because I don't think there's a set of their starting gear that *doesn't* look awesome.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Thumbtacks posted:

Does anyone have a bt4 female and Thexan's robes? I'm tempted to buy them but a lot of outfits are ruined by weird thigh/butt clipping, and if possible I'd like to avoid that and I don't want to buy one if it's going to clip and be lovely.

I was using them for a while and they seemed okay? The hands clip a bit through the skirt for a bit during the idle animation, but I've never actually noticed that outside of the dressing room window.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Empress Theonora posted:

I was using them for a while and they seemed okay? The hands clip a bit through the skirt for a bit during the idle animation, but I've never actually noticed that outside of the dressing room window.

I don't mind that part, but there are a lot of sets where when you run, stuff starts clipping weird. If you never noticed it then it doesn't do it, because it's very noticable.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Bruceski posted:

I'm glad the 60 characters can be stripped and remade, because I don't think there's a set of their starting gear that *doesn't* look awesome.

I thought the lvl 60 premade character gear was character bound, wtf bioware.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

CheeseSpawn posted:

I thought the lvl 60 premade character gear was character bound, wtf bioware.

Legacy bound, because they know it looks fantastic. The "flaw" here is that you can delete a 60 and get the character token back, as well as porting to your house/legacy storage from inside Chapter 1.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Baron Porkface posted:

Just finished The available story, Yeah it's totally believable that Lana would get shitfaced at some party It's not like she's a Sith Lord or anything!

Eh, very believable for some Sith. The Inquisitor sees a bunch of middle-aged Sith women getting drunk at a society party, and the Warrior can espouse an ethic of work hard, fight hard, party hard. Now, Lana getting shitfaced at a party, I agree is somewhat out of character. She seems more tightly wound up and self-disciplined than most Jedi.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

About Valkorion: The best (most interesting) theory I've heard is that Valkorion used to be a totally independent person and that at some point Vitiate possessed him like he does the protagonist. But instead of just possessing him, Vitiate and Valkorions personalities merged together, emerging as something new. That's why Valkorion used to be this chill guy who suddenly turned cold one day and why Valkorion is so completely different from the utter sociopath that Vitiate was.

Whats interesting is that this is exactly what he's trying to do to the Outlander as well. In your talks with him he's constantly trying to get you to think more like him and to allow him steadily more control over your body. Arcann is just a convenient threat to push you into rashly accepting his help. Just like merging with Valkorion allowed him to experience not being a sociopath, he wants your protagonisty goodness for his own personality. This also matches up with all his talk about how you're more closely linked now than you understand.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Bruceski posted:

--My character who has not started SoR (I bought Hutt Cartel back in the day, not SoR) can start the prelude flashpoints. I can fly to Rishi so I assume I can keep going.

Yeah, everything works for me as a non-subscriber who had the subscription when KotFE dropped. The only thing that might be a hurdle are these flashpoints. I'm pretty sure you can do them all, but there's four flashpoints and that'll collide with the Maximum Number of Flashpoints a week (which I think is three unless they've changed that), so you won't get fabulous prizes out of them.

Not that prizes are anything major after 4.0 dropped. They went from a full set of armor in 3.0 to a belt, implants, and an ear thingy. Or something like that, I've forgotten but the rewards definitely were not the same caliber as before.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Are there pictures of the level 50 character gear anywhere?

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
How does one respec?

I'm trying to change my Inquisitor from DPS to Healing, but standing at the trainer doesn't allow me to do anything.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

tor-fashion.com is the go-to place for that stuff.

Airspace posted:

How does one respec?

I'm trying to change my Inquisitor from DPS to Healing, but standing at the trainer doesn't allow me to do anything.

Combat section of the fleet, the skills mentor. Or buy the field repec ability in your legacy window.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Medullah posted:

You're likely getting the error on referral because you don't have an email address registered to your account.

I found after resubbing with the Amazon bundle recently that I'd get an error going to the referral page. The error went away when I added a recurring payment method for a sub.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

http://tor-fashion.com

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Well there's an interesting bug. My level 60 character doesn't actually become a level 60, it dumps me at level 1 on the fleet... but I already have my advanced class:

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Whats the deal with chat channels? Are there any decent ones on JC for ops/endgame stuff?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Everyone keeps saying to check torfashion, but I can't find a listing on there. If you go to the Legacy Armors and click the Starter tab, it says Level 60 Starter Armor and there are no pictures of anything on there, so... yeah. Whats the new starter gear called?

And did they seriously remove that many old endgame armors from the game? What the gently caress.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Fuzz posted:

Everyone keeps saying to check torfashion, but I can't find a listing on there. If you go to the Legacy Armors and click the Starter tab, it says Level 60 Starter Armor and there are no pictures of anything on there, so... yeah. Whats the new starter gear called?

And did they seriously remove that many old endgame armors from the game? What the gently caress.

quote:

The dev team informs us that virtually all of the core armor appearances previously on those vendors can still be located throughout the game. The majority of the old armor sets can be found via Crafting rewards, Missions, and Heroic Mission rewards. Now, there may be some variants of these core armor sets which are no longer available, but we’ll adjust that over time and slowly re-add pieces. If there are specific armor sets that can no longer be found, send the information to the Community Team and we’ll pass it along.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What should I do with my cartel coins? I have the transportation upgrades, and would prefer quality of life stuff before cosmetics

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Fuzz posted:

I was just about to go strip every class for my dress-up, I'll get names/pictures while I'm at it. If someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What should I do with my cartel coins? I have the transportation upgrades, and would prefer quality of life stuff before cosmetics

Account wide inventory unlocks.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

I do, and I think they work very well. They get around the mistake of most buttcapes by the buttcape not actually being a buttcape, it's split in the half, so it doesn't clip through you.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Cythereal posted:

Eh, very believable for some Sith. The Inquisitor sees a bunch of middle-aged Sith women getting drunk at a society party, .[/spoiler]

Oops I forgot about that monster mash.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Jedi Knight -- Veteran Pummeler's

Jedi Consular -- Veteran Force-Lord's

Smuggler -- Veteran Targeter's

Trooper -- Veteran Boltblaster's

Sith Warrior -- Veteran Pummler's

Sith Inquisitor -- Veteran Force-Lord's

Imperial Agent -- Veteran Targeter's

Bounty Hunter -- Veteran Boltblaster's

That's not a typo, Republic and Empire factions use the same gear it just looks different based on who's wearing it. If my Trooper wears the BH's stuff it's Trooper armor.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

Bruceski posted:

That's not a typo, Republic and Empire factions use the same gear it just looks different based on who's wearing it. If my Trooper wears the BH's stuff it's Trooper armor.

That's a shame. I would've liked to use some of that pub gear on an imp.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Emy posted:

That's a shame. I would've liked to use some of that pub gear on an imp.

Curiously, when I ctrl-click the knight/warrior armor on my agent it shows up as the jedi version. I can't tell for sure if that'll still happen on equip since he's not level 60. The other sets show the imp versions on preview, though, so I'm guessing it would.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Is the armor level 60 only for equip? So I'm going to have to run like five flashpoints first before my low level alts can equip?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is it a bad idea to craft a 220 saber with my artifice?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

cheesetriangles posted:

Is it a bad idea to craft a 220 saber with my artifice?

If you got the components to craft it I'd honestly just sell those - 2 million each right now on the GTN. A 216 main hand is pretty easy to come by (or craft one with your personal conquest mats) and not that much different than a 220.

Question - according to Dulfy, apparently each heroic Star Fortress has a "one time quest" that rewards you a chest piece for the Conquered Exarch's set. Anyone know where those quests are? I have done all the heroic ones and have a full set of the Conquered Exarch's Meditation stuff except the chestpiece.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Medullah posted:

If you got the components to craft it I'd honestly just sell those - 2 million each right now on the GTN. A 216 main hand is pretty easy to come by (or craft one with your personal conquest mats) and not that much different than a 220.

Question - according to Dulfy, apparently each heroic Star Fortress has a "one time quest" that rewards you a chest piece for the Conquered Exarch's set. Anyone know where those quests are? I have done all the heroic ones and have a full set of the Conquered Exarch's Meditation stuff except the chestpiece.

It just happened after I did the quest to unlock the follower. Wasn't anything I had to pick up. No idea which one is chest though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Eimi posted:

It just happened after I did the quest to unlock the follower. Wasn't anything I had to pick up. No idea which one is chest though.

Each heroic has it's own different chest reward. I have none of them. :(

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Medullah posted:

Each heroic has it's own different chest reward. I have none of them. :(

That's really weird. For me it was one heroic gave a choice of chests, one gave a choice of gloves and so on. The only drop was the bracers.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

One piece per character when you complete a heroic each Star Fortress the first time. So it would take at least 4 characters to get them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

One piece per character when you complete a heroic each Star Fortress the first time. So it would take at least 4 characters to get them all.

Ahhhhhh.

Hmmm then I must have one of the chestpieces...buried in my 200+ pieces of legacy gear. :(

• Locked thread