Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Dammit, now I'm all nostalgic. Anybody wanna make some goofy old decks and battle them on DN or YGOPro?

I miss the days when the worst thing you had to be salty about was E-Heroes getting too much support. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

YGOPro finally updated with BOSH today.

Finally. I'm so ready to build CrystalZeroLancer.dek. :getin:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Okay unless anyone knows how to make Ygopro work with Windows 10 I'm stuck with Ygochrome and what the gently caress is this? Why is the background an anime girl? Why is it in loving comic sans? What the hell is going on here? :psyduck:

E: Welp, I can't even type into it so I guess I'm stuck hoping someone does know how to make Ygopro work with Windows 10.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Okay unless anyone knows how to make Ygopro work with Windows 10 I'm stuck with Ygochrome and what the gently caress is this? Why is the background an anime girl? Why is it in loving comic sans? What the hell is going on here?

I made ygopro work with windows 10 by downloading it and running it. I had no idea that there was an issue with W10 and YGOPro.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

You really think someone would do that?
Just go on the internet and tell lies?
Its an anime girl because yugioh is an anime.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

BurritoJustice posted:

I made ygopro work with windows 10 by downloading it and running it. I had no idea that there was an issue with W10 and YGOPro.

I'll try a fresh download of it I guess. :shrug:

Lisandra_brave posted:

Its an anime girl because yugioh is an anime.

I'll admit I wouldn't really know but it didn't look like it would be from the anime. Just a non-sequitur anime girl desktop background.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

AlphaKretin posted:

I'll try a fresh download of it I guess. :shrug:

I'll admit I wouldn't really know but it didn't look like it would be from the anime. Just a non-sequitur anime girl desktop background.

Give us a screen shot and we can determine if it is or isn't.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Onmi posted:

Give us a screen shot and we can determine if it is or isn't.

If it's the same anime girl in the background of the YGO program that AznEyes uses, it's not from the anime.

It's just some random anime girl.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Not my screenshot but this was the background.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

AlphaKretin posted:

Looks familiar:

Koguma posted:

"We are gathered here today...."

but not quite.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

That's not an anime character at all! Also, the dub card images are absolutely disgusting.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Lisandra_brave posted:

That's not an anime character at all! Also, the dub card images are absolutely disgusting.
But you have to admit, they're visually striking.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I don't know if there's a better place to ask this but on a fresh download Ygopro does not like my W10 surface pro. Immediately not responding. From my experience using it on other devices the system requirements aren't exactly demanding and from what BurritoJustice said it's not W10. :shrug:

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Kaiju Turtle is really mean.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Took my Shaddolls deck to locals for the second last time ever and I didn't lose a single round. Bittersweet.

Does anyone have recommendations for a competitive deck in this new format? I've got a regionals in two weeks I'd like to do well at. Kozmos are obviously the best option, but close to $1000 AUD with the new support included, way out of range. I've been looking at Yang-Zings and Majespecters. Yang Zings are honestly interesting to me because they have easy access to Black Rose Dragon, which is the best exciton replacement I can think of. Majespecters are fairly cheap with the exception of the ultra rare monster, and they seem to be on track to be a new tier 1 deck.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

BurritoJustice posted:

Took my Shaddolls deck to locals for the second last time ever and I didn't lose a single round. Bittersweet.

Does anyone have recommendations for a competitive deck in this new format? I've got a regionals in two weeks I'd like to do well at. Kozmos are obviously the best option, but close to $1000 AUD with the new support included, way out of range. I've been looking at Yang-Zings and Majespecters. Yang Zings are honestly interesting to me because they have easy access to Black Rose Dragon, which is the best exciton replacement I can think of. Majespecters are fairly cheap with the exception of the ultra rare monster, and they seem to be on track to be a new tier 1 deck.

Yang are far more reliant on pulling the right cards, but Tellarknights aren't a bad option either.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

Yang are far more reliant on pulling the right cards, but Tellarknights aren't a bad option either.

I'd go Tellarknights solely because of Triverr being both non-targeting and non-destructive, so it is an out to both Kozmos and Majes. So that is actually tempting. Didn't think I'd ever play Tellarknights though, they just don't seem as much fun. I have all the extra deck stuff so I'd just need the main deck monsters + traps.

Do you have any deck building tips for tellars?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

BurritoJustice posted:

I'd go Tellarknights solely because of Triverr being both non-targeting and non-destructive, so it is an out to both Kozmos and Majes. So that is actually tempting. Didn't think I'd ever play Tellarknights though, they just don't seem as much fun. I have all the extra deck stuff so I'd just need the main deck monsters + traps.

Do you have any deck building tips for tellars?

Tellars are a helmet deck, a Helmet deck is generally considered a deck so dumb that there's no real strategy behind it.

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1221185

This might help though.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

BurritoJustice posted:

Take my word for it- Pure Magespectures is kinda inconsistent. Once the Magician Structure Deck comes out, then they will be a viable deck (If not the top deck). Yang Zings will be decent, but are a tricky deck to use, since they all can miss the timing, meaning that a skilled opponent can play around them. Satellarknights would be decent until stronger stuff comes out, but are easy to side against (Light-imprisoning Mirror, Royal Decree, Denko Sekka).

Other possible rogue you may see popping up include Traptrix/HAT, Geargia, Mermail, Spellbooks, etc.

As somebody whose real life decks were Shaddolls, Ritual Beasts, and Volcanics, I'm kind of torn, and basically said "screw it, I'm burning the world down this format". I'm playing Volcanics and Volcanic Shaddolls (Grystia is a great out to pendulums).

Realistically speaking, I'd just wait until either the Monarchs come out or we get all of the Performapal and Perormages stuff in Breakers of Shadows.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Julias posted:

Take my word for it- Pure Magespectures is kinda inconsistent. Once the Magician Structure Deck comes out, then they will be a viable deck (If not the top deck). Yang Zings will be decent, but are a tricky deck to use, since they all can miss the timing, meaning that a skilled opponent can play around them. Satellarknights would be decent until stronger stuff comes out, but are easy to side against (Light-imprisoning Mirror, Royal Decree, Denko Sekka).

Other possible rogue you may see popping up include Traptrix/HAT, Geargia, Mermail, Spellbooks, etc.

As somebody whose real life decks were Shaddolls, Ritual Beasts, and Volcanics, I'm kind of torn, and basically said "screw it, I'm burning the world down this format". I'm playing Volcanics and Volcanic Shaddolls (Grystia is a great out to pendulums).

Realistically speaking, I'd just wait until either the Monarchs come out or we get all of the Performapal and Perormages stuff in Breakers of Shadows.

Breakers of Shadows doesn't launch in Australia until 2016, he doesn't have the time to wait for it if he has a regional to play at in two weeks in Aus.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Australian events seem to have unfortunate timing. The banlist arrives 5 days before the first regional, and come January BOSH is releasing the day before YCS Sydney. Looking forward to people buying $200 Cyber Dragon Infinity's to play with.

Is anyone down for ygopro/devpro/DN playtesting of decks for the new format sometime over the next two weeks?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

BurritoJustice posted:

Australian events seem to have unfortunate timing. The banlist arrives 5 days before the first regional, and come January BOSH is releasing the day before YCS Sydney. Looking forward to people buying $200 Cyber Dragon Infinity's to play with.

Is anyone down for ygopro/devpro/DN playtesting of decks for the new format sometime over the next two weeks?

I should be, because Uni has finally finished up, but I've also got other stuff on. Still I can build a deck for you to run against.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I've been toying with the idea of playing Shaddolls for a while. Not happening now I guess.

Backup ideas are Ninjas, Chaos Dragons, and Sylvans.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

DINOMISTS ARE SO MUCH FUN YOU GUYS.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Kozmos are going to be the best deck with their new support so you're going to have to play a deck that's good against them and sometimes Infernoid, Majespecter, and Magepals.

Yang Zing is Kozmo's absolute worst matchup but you have to be afraid of CL 1 Maxx C CL 2 Torrential so I'd hold on to something like wiretap or divine wrath. Chaofeng with Chiwen (later Jiaotu) as a synchro material is their bane.

Spellbook is actually really good against Kozmo with 2 fate (3 is too much) and lose 1 turn. Fate doesn't target and is a natural out to the big ships, Forerunner and Dark Destroyer

If you're good with Geargia that's also an option but you should probably main deck iron wall and anti-spell fragrance.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Majespectre aren't that great, even in hybrid decks. They were only *okay* in OCG, and only appeared on the weekly decklists for a few weeks before vanishing almost completely from them.

I really can't see them making too much of a splash in the TCG.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The monsters that can't be targeted or destroyed by card effects, constantly come back thanks to pendulum summoning and generate advantage every time they're summoned aren't that good.

Yugioh...

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Is it hypocritical to want to play Kozmo when I despised Nekroz before? If it's any consolation I'm attracted by the archetype's design, not their top-tierness. :ohdear:

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Samurai Cavalry of Reptier from DOCS

So the day after the banlist banning construct for its ability to kill any monster at the start of the damage step, Konami has release a new monster that has an even better version of that ability (kills any monster not just SS) that can be normal or pendulum summoned and run at 3. Absolutely absurd. The fact that it doesn't work on pendulum monsters is konami basically saying "gently caress you if you're not using a new pendulum archetype".

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

BurritoJustice posted:

Samurai Cavalry of Reptier from DOCS

So the day after the banlist banning construct for its ability to kill any monster at the start of the damage step, Konami has release a new monster that has an even better version of that ability (kills any monster not just SS) that can be normal or pendulum summoned and run at 3. Absolutely absurd. The fact that it doesn't work on pendulum monsters is konami basically saying "gently caress you if you're not using a new pendulum archetype".

Please see my statement on Konami game design. But from their perspective, Samurai lacks the floating powers of Construct and is completely vulnerable to removal. Gets hit by Bottomless and if it's negated goes to the grave to wallow and die.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Battle destruction is not that big a deal and its not why Construct got hit.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dabir posted:

The monsters that can't be targeted or destroyed by card effects, constantly come back thanks to pendulum summoning and generate advantage every time they're summoned aren't that good.

Yugioh...

They have a couple glaring weaknesses.

None of their monsters have much attack, even with the field spell (Unicorn is the highest at 2000, 2300 with the field), so if their opponent can get any big monsters on the field, the Majespecters aren't going to be able to run over them too easily, and likewise it's pretty easy to run over them. Majespecter Sonic helps a little, but it's not enough.

They have excellent spells and traps, and they're super easy to search out, but all of them (aside from Sonic and Supercell) require you to tribute a Wind/Spellcaster to activate. You can Pendulum Summon them back, of course, but if you're negating your opponent's effects and cards, it means you're losing field presence, and most of the more powerful and meta decks in the game can punish you for that pretty easily.

Fiiiinally they don't really have a boss monster of their own. Pegasus is good, but it has low attack and the deck can't even Pendulum Summon it. They can only Tribute for it, unless they tech in generic Pendulum monsters.

They're fine as a rogue deck, and they CAN go off and make big plays, but they're just not good enough for the meta. They remind me a lot of Ghostricks when they were first released.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

AlphaKretin posted:

Is it hypocritical to want to play Kozmo when I despised Nekroz before? If it's any consolation I'm attracted by the archetype's design, not their top-tierness. :ohdear:
Will you want to keep playing them when they get their best cards banned to hell in 3 months to promote the new pack and your $100 Farmgirl is worth a stick of gum and an apology?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTi0UdPDa4I

Pretty much my reaction to the banlist.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The Dinomist field spell is pretty loving powerful and the amount of people I've dueled on YGOPro that's destroyed my backrow and not the field spell (because they didn't read it and didn't realize how insane it is) is pretty sad.

I fought a Burning Abyss player earlier who didn't understand why his monsters weren't getting their effects off when Rex stomped all over them. :allears:

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Dexie posted:

The Dinomist field spell is pretty loving powerful and the amount of people I've dueled on YGOPro that's destroyed my backrow and not the field spell (because they didn't read it and didn't realize how insane it is) is pretty sad.

I fought a Burning Abyss player earlier who didn't understand why his monsters weren't getting their effects off when Rex stomped all over them. :allears:

Thinking about getting back into this and Dinomist seems fun as gently caress, what's your decklist?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ThermoPhysical posted:

Thinking about getting back into this and Dinomist seems fun as gently caress, what's your decklist?

I'll be honest, it's not great. I threw it together quickly just to test it out and get a feel for the basic workings of the deck, and haven't gotten around to making any changes to it yet. That being said, I'm winning most of my games with it, so whatever. :v:

I'm basically running three of everything + a handful of staple spells and traps and a pair of Gazer Sharks.

Lisandra_brave
May 26, 2013

Why zenmaioh and adreus over a second cydra>infinity?
Well, at least you aren't running freezadon.
Three FA crystal zero seems a bit overkill to me. How often do you get down to the third?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Lisandra_brave posted:

Why zenmaioh and adreus over a second cydra>infinity?
Well, at least you aren't running freezadon.
Three FA crystal zero seems a bit overkill to me. How often do you get down to the third?

Like I said, I just threw a bunch of stuff together to test out the deck. It's far, far from complete.

Zenmaioh can pop two set cards and is a target for Limiter Removal. Adreus is decent for when I need to pop something quick.

Three FA CZL is definitely overkill, but I really like the card and will go out of my way to make it.

I'm not running a second set of Nova > Infinity because honestly one tends to be enough and Dinomists have enough negation of their own that it's not really needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm tweaking my Rock Block deck and I decided to yank Dummy Golem. It's not reliable enough on its own, and there's no guarantee I'll get anything good in exchange.

Instead, I'm running two Legendary Jiu Jitsu Masters. :getin:

• Locked thread