Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
So I guess the cat's out of the bag by now and the devs have explicitly stated Nuke and Splash Damage aren't working as intended. Get in on the overpowered killing while it lasts, folks.

My two big bugfix wishes: parry randomly breaking for the rest of the game, unless it also randomly decides to fix itself without a map change. And demo weapons sometimes doing the recoil animation but not actually firing during zed time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

moot the hopple posted:

So I guess the cat's out of the bag by now and the devs have explicitly stated Nuke and Splash Damage aren't working as intended. Get in on the overpowered killing while it lasts, folks.

Ah yes, take away the literal one thing Demo has going for it. Lmbo.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Ah yes, take away the literal one thing Demo has going for it. Lmbo.

The fact that the only thing the Demo has going for it is at 25th level is a serious issue. Hopefully they won't fix Nuke until they've fixed everything else the class has going on.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Demo just needs the Zerk treatment. I'd love it if they allowed to Demo to just booby trap the poo poo out of the environment; Make the Demos welder incapable of welding doors, instead make it a "Horzine Foam Explosive Dispenser", and allow the Demo to lay down lines of it anywhere and use the alt fire to detonate it. This solves two very important problems - Demo running out of ammo and being unable to draw dicks on every surface.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
The berserker treatment let the berserker play into a preferred role: trash killer or big zed tanker, careful blocking or mindless swinging. As of now, demo's selection of skills allow him to be either a Fleshpound stunning "get out of hordes free" card or useless. Every class's skills add on to their strengths, but demo's only fix his apparent weaknesses--which would be fine if demo wasn't pathetic with his weaknesses and at most underwhelming without them. It's barely worth even leveling demo on-perk until you can stumble Fleshpounds or ignore Sirens because his passives are awful.

The biggest problem however is I can't think of how you could make demo more skill based or have a more defined role than just something to kill clumps of enemies. Maybe have perks that let him either be able to destroy hordes while mostly just stunning big zeds versus being able to mostly solo big zeds while struggling with single small enemies like he does now?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

give me the m32, ten grenades, siren immunity by default, and good perks.

I'll make it work

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

also give significantly more c4 or remove the debuff on it

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
FFFFFFFfffffffffffinally got Manor Suicidal. Had to join some Russian server where they were holding the top of the stairs behind the pool/darts room. Was actually pretty easy as they were coordinated enough to focus down the heavys quickly and everything else came in piecemeal from the various doorways. I was never an achievement whore before KF, but something about it brings out the completionist in me.

And my new favorite Hans strat as demo is to hang back with my C4 until he grabs someone, then run up and start sticking bombs all over him. Play keepaway with the occasional rocket until the rest of the team gets him to his 3rd phase, then whip out the detonator and start lighting him up. BOOM oneonethousand twoonethousand threeonethousand BOOM.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Demo just needs Siren Resistance to be default. And replace "Self Explosion Damage Resistance" with "Reload Speed".
At level 15 make the perk be either Exploding Doors or Deep Pockets for double the ammo.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kikas posted:

At level 15 make the perk be either Exploding Doors or Deep Pockets for double the ammo.

I think we should probably avoid non-choices

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Bring back Commando recoil reduction passive.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Skoll posted:

Bring back Commando recoil reduction passive.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

same

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I have some rhetorical questions about this game.

1. Why is it fun to pay for ammo? I am supposed to shoot things. I am already penalized for using ammo when I miss things, because then I don't have ammo. It's not like you're giving me shitloads.

2. Why is it fun to use pistols on any character that is not a handgunner by design? No one played or invested in any class because they wanted to figure out the handgun meta.

3. Why is almost every leveling choice Actual Good Choice / Idiot Garbage for Babbies?

4. Why is welding hilariously useless? It's not even worth the XP.

5. How is it that the demolitions guy is not the best at killing bosses? Good god, it's a bazooka.

Make this game more about killing zombies and creating fortifications and less about guessing/learning whatever the devs meant the meta to be.

That being said, yes this is the most complete Early Access game I've ever seen.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
e:weird double post or database hiccup!?

Gromit fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Oct 31, 2015

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Like Rugginton said, give the poor Demo something that doesn't have to reload after every single shot. And he's crap at bailing the team out if things go to poo poo because Scrakes laugh him off and if stuff is in your face none of his weapons work properly.

And why does the medic get such pitiful XP for actually healing people?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Gromit posted:

Like Rugginton said, give the poor Demo something that doesn't have to reload after every single shot. And he's crap at bailing the team out if things go to poo poo because Scrakes laugh him off and if stuff is in your face none of his weapons work properly.

And why does the medic get such pitiful XP for actually healing people?

Medic does get pitiful XP for healing, cause you can easily do it off perk and you do it a lot. On perk, you get tons of XP because the Medic SMG is King God Of All Guns.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

moot the hopple posted:

Have they actually said they were gonna nerf it? Might have meant the other way around. (would explain the utter poo poo that is the starting weapon, and rockets randomly disappearing)

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Kikas posted:

Medic does get pitiful XP for healing, cause you can easily do it off perk and you do it a lot. On perk, you get tons of XP because the Medic SMG is King God Of All Guns.

But if that's how it needs to be played then it really isn't a medic class. You might as well rename it Sharpshooter.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Gromit posted:

But if that's how it needs to be played then it really isn't a medic class. You might as well rename it Sharpshooter.

I mean no matter how good you are at healing, even a 5 man team cannot carry a dead weight in the form of a non-shooty medic. This isn't TF2, as a medic you gotta pop a head or two to keep up with the team.
Okay maybe "dead weight" isn't the right choice of words, but as a medic you have guns that can shoot good, and you don't have to even switch out of them to heal people, due to homing darts. So if you don't kill some Zeds in between heals, you are wasting a lot of medic potential. I doubt it was a design decision to make the Medic weapons one of the most powerful guns in the game, but it's nice to break the tradition of "Medic is poo poo at killing" and have medics that can really really contribute to the carnage.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Kikas posted:

I mean no matter how good you are at healing, even a 5 man team cannot carry a dead weight in the form of a non-shooty medic. This isn't TF2, as a medic you gotta pop a head or two to keep up with the team.
Okay maybe "dead weight" isn't the right choice of words, but as a medic you have guns that can shoot good, and you don't have to even switch out of them to heal people, due to homing darts. So if you don't kill some Zeds in between heals, you are wasting a lot of medic potential. I doubt it was a design decision to make the Medic weapons one of the most powerful guns in the game, but it's nice to break the tradition of "Medic is poo poo at killing" and have medics that can really really contribute to the carnage.

Actually, I think it was quite intentional since the Medic class gets zero damage buffs.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

no bonuses on medic weapons makes you a really mediocre commando

I really only ever fire my medic weapons to help supports and demos conserve ammo

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I hope Farmhouse is a Farm 420-GanjaFarm reweeded remake

fixed

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Kikas posted:

I doubt it was a design decision to make the Medic weapons one of the most powerful guns in the game,

I'm sorry, what?

They are pretty good at their jobs and all, but they are still overall the least efficient at killing poo poo per tier weapons in the game.

The Medic SMG is cool and all but it still need two headshots to kill a Clot just for starters, unless they buffed it's damage while I haven't been playing you need 40 headshots to kill what the Varmint rifle can do in 20. Then there is the T4 medic assault rifle being weaker than the T3 commando one, etc.

I'll grant you the Medic shotgun being more efficient than the Combat Shotty, because "but it can stumble I guess?" isn't much of a sales pitch for the still 8 weight piece of loving garbage.

You should totally shoot things when you are not busy filling darts into people though. I mean, they aren't bad guns by any stretch. I'm just trying to wrap my head around "one of the most powerful guns in the game" being used to refer to medic guns, unless you meant their healing utility which keeps the T1 baby pistol relevant alongside T4 murder toys.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Section Z posted:

I'm just trying to wrap my head around "one of the most powerful guns in the game" being used to refer to medic guns, unless you meant their healing utility which keeps the T1 baby pistol relevant alongside T4 murder toys.

Yeah that's basically what I mean.
I mean this might be because my Commando and Support are low levels, but I find myself getting more kills on the Medic then on those other classes, and running out of ammo is not an issue either.
Granted, I'm a Hard player :v:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Kikas posted:

Yeah that's basically what I mean.
I mean this might be because my Commando and Support are low levels, but I find myself getting more kills on the Medic then on those other classes, and running out of ammo is not an issue either.
Granted, I'm a Hard player :v:

Once you hit the tougher difficulties, you'll be healing a lot more than you will be killing. I manage to find some time to pop a few Bloat and Siren heads, along with picking off any stray Crawlers not killed by the Firebug or Commando, but the Medic's combat skills are noticeably less useful the higher you get in difficulty.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Nalesh posted:

Have they actually said they were gonna nerf it? Might have meant the other way around. (would explain the utter poo poo that is the starting weapon, and rockets randomly disappearing)

No, they definitely aren't going to buff those skills even further haha

A dev in this thread has already stated that bouncing your MWG beam off the floor in front of a zed to do much more damage with Splash Damage than directly hitting them was never intended. The latest WWAUT progress update mentioned Nuke's ability to kill everything in the map in one go was a top issue as well.

I suspect they're going to change the reflect effect on Splash Damage to trigger only on ZED contact or tweak the damage on the MWG. Nuke's effect is well beyond what the actual animation would leave you to believe (to the point that it might even go past levels/walls) so that's probably going to get toned down, too :(

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I have some rhetorical questions about this game.

1. Why is it fun to pay for ammo? I am supposed to shoot things. I am already penalized for using ammo when I miss things, because then I don't have ammo. It's not like you're giving me shitloads.

2. Why is it fun to use pistols on any character that is not a handgunner by design? No one played or invested in any class because they wanted to figure out the handgun meta.

3. Why is almost every leveling choice Actual Good Choice / Idiot Garbage for Babbies?

4. Why is welding hilariously useless? It's not even worth the XP.

5. How is it that the demolitions guy is not the best at killing bosses? Good god, it's a bazooka.

Make this game more about killing zombies and creating fortifications and less about guessing/learning whatever the devs meant the meta to be.

That being said, yes this is the most complete Early Access game I've ever seen.

Welding is pretty nasty broken right now, the zed teleport they turned on completely nullifies one of its biggest utilities (welding poo poo and running away to get some distance) and all the debuffs to prevent players from actually holding a door removes any other usefulness welding a door could have. They either need to a) un-gently caress zed teleport, which they need to do anyway b) make doors respawn and/or c) make it so a high level Support can hold a door against at least 4 or 5 zeds. The penalty of effectively losing a high-level shotgunner should be balance enough to trade for 'permanent' doors.

I just miss hearing the 'am weldin dis doah' speech clip all the time :(

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Demo is absolute poo poo against Hans.
His explosive resistance is ridiculous.
I can unload shotgun shells into him and do more damage than 11 loving rockets.
dumb.
As a Demo I usually grab the double barrel shotgun for the Hans round just so I can feel like I contributed.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Zeds teleport through closed doors? The only teleports I see are lag-based zips to players when clots grab them. I thought they removed Zed TPs, that's why sometimes the last Zed takes a good minute to shamble along to where the team was camping.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 31, 2015

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Kikas posted:

Zeds teleport through closed doors? The only teleports I see are lag-based zips to players when clots grab them. I thought they removed Zed TPs, that's why sometimes the last Zed takes a good minute to shamble along to where the team was camping.

IT feels like they teleport away from closed doors, is the thing (Especially if they have no windows). There also feels like there is an upper limit to how many zeds will spawn to meet a door, rather than pop out of floor grates next to you or spawn from the door on the opposite side of the room.

Sometimes I've circled around to the opposite sides of doors welded with over a dozen zeds shut out, to find a single clot slowly slapping away at it.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Bloat's got some mad ups.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Kikas posted:

I'm not saying medics can't shoot stuff, I'm saying the XP award for healing people is too low and discourages people from doing it. I would have expected a class's primary function to be where a lot of their XP comes from. Actually, maybe I'm delusional. I haven't played my medic for quite a while so what do the numbers look like for XP earned for killing compared to healing if you consider they are doing a bunch of both?

But in the order of things I want to see fixed this is barely on the list.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Gromit posted:

I'm not saying medics can't shoot stuff, I'm saying the XP award for healing people is too low and discourages people from doing it. I would have expected a class's primary function to be where a lot of their XP comes from. Actually, maybe I'm delusional. I haven't played my medic for quite a while so what do the numbers look like for XP earned for killing compared to healing if you consider they are doing a bunch of both?

The XP you get for healing when you're medic is low because it's so trivial to heal somebody now. It's incredibly easy to pause from shooting to pop a few darts into your allies.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Gromit posted:

4XP per heal, normal XP for killing.

It's that you get 4XP and I think the same amount of Dosh for every heal, and there's virtually no upper limit on how many times you can heal somebody. Even if you just plink away the people with 99HP at the trader, that's 20 XP and Dosh. That's as much as 2 Stalkers/Crawlers or a Husk on Hard. You have to acutally heal them tho, just spamming the darts for bonus armor with Armament doesn't give you XP.
To compare, the Firebug gets only 2 bonus XP for every Crawler kill.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Having leveled demo to lvl 13 the slow way here are my thoughts to making it better/more fun.

-Siren resistance obviously. If they're adamant on keeping sirens more of a threat to demos they should make demo explosives do reduced damaged within siren screams, like at lvl 5 you're only doing 50% damage.

-Increasing in levels increases ammo you can carry. Carrying just 15~ rockets (and no grenade launcher or C4) is boring as hell.

-Make the M70 grenade launcher cheaper (into a Tier 2 weapon). Alternatively: Make the Tier 2 weapon something that uses Rifle Grenades or just an under slung grenade launcher on an assault rifle.

-Add a grenade launcher with a cylinder as the new Tier 3 weapon

-Add a mid or late-tier perk that lets your explosions spawn smaller bombs (cluster bombs)

-If they want to continue the sci-fi trend, a gravity bomb that pulls zeds towards it before exploding would be awesome.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why do sirens get a buff when you're the last player standing?

I've seen the last player die instantly at roughly 75 health on sui difficulty if they are the last one left, myself as a zerker with siren resistance still take a nice chunk of damage from them as well.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I haven't even hit max level on the one class I do play, but man they really need to add another boss besides Hans. It can't be some ridiculous feat to add a new boss. Hell, I'd settle for a huge Zed wave where everyone runs out of ammo and has to kill Scrakes with knives or some poo poo every once in a while. But Hans at the end of every match? Makes me want to blow my brains out.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
New bosses are planned but this is a beta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Kikas posted:

I didn't even know there was a zed teleport thing. I'd have figured that would be useful for getting the last few zeds in the wave closer to the team so they can progress, but in KF2 it seems like not only does that not happen but far-away zeds don't just die on their own so you can get the drat wave over with.