Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

I plan on using a highly modified laser musket and some kind of karate for when its time to get personal

I ain't touching the laser musket until someone puts together a mod to make it lever-action instead of a crank. :colbert:

E: I quoted the wrong person but oh well.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Oct 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Back Hack posted:

I ain't touching the laser musket until someone puts together a mod to make it lever-action instead of a crank. :colbert:

E: I quoted the wrong person but oh well.

What, exactly, prey tell, doctor professor genius person of unknown gender, would a lever be cocking ( :haw: ) in a LASER based piece of projectile weaponry!! I swear, you people never think these things through. Clods. Imbeciles! :colbert:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

What, exactly, prey tell, doctor professor genius person of unknown gender, would a lever be cocking ( :haw: ) in a LASER based piece of projectile weaponry!! I swear, you people never think these things through. Clods. Imbeciles! :colbert:

I can't help you I'm afraid, if I have to explain the well documented and scientific fact surrounding why levers are better then cranks, it's already beyond your limited comprehension on the subject. :crossarms:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

The friction of the cocking creates a magnetic field that transports the laser to somebody's body.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

It just works.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Back Hack posted:

I can't help you I'm afraid, if I have to explain the well documented and scientific fact surrounding why levers are better then cranks, it's already beyond your limited comprehension on the subject. :crossarms:

TontoCorazon posted:

The friction of the cocking creates a magnetic field that transports the laser to somebody's body.

jfood posted:

It just works.

Oh well you can prove anything with facts, can't you. :colbert:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Levers being better than cranks is more reason for it to be crank, not less. It's a janky laser musket, it's not supposed to look competently designed.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

Boogaleeboo posted:

Levers being better than cranks is more reason for it to be crank, not less. It's a janky laser musket, it's not supposed to look competently designed.

The bigger question is if you can attach a bayonet to it...

sout
Apr 24, 2014

oblomov posted:

The bigger question is if you can attach a bayonet to it...

Perhaps a little lightsaber

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

sout posted:

Perhaps a little lightsaber

Theyre called flashlights

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
The real question is whether or not there's a lazer musket pistol, and whether or not i can attach four to the back of my hand.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Due to the magic of modding, I fully expect that to happen. Right along with junkbot power armor, that is made out of like milk cartons and duct tape and some rebar pipes.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

NecroMonster posted:

Seriously sticking weird junk together to make horrible abomination weapons is the best thing Bethesda has added to this game series and NV's lack of that really made me unhappy.

It's pretty much the main reason I'm interested in the new FO. I usually don't have the patience for crafting, but kitbashing together some bizzare wasteland weaponary of your own design is too rad to pass up on.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
The cocking of the laser rifle is actually to rinse the lens of dust so that you get higher precision shots.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
http://imgur.com/a/7yIiP

Shots from the PS4 version, nothing that hasn't been seen in the trailer.

Texture quality looks a little low, it will be interesting to see what the pc-equivalent setting will be. Medium?

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaunnn!

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Mutaracha sounds like a badass name for a Mexican raider boss or something

sout
Apr 24, 2014

What is it, Scoob?

sout fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 31, 2015

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

ODIO MUTARACHA

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Scott Forstall posted:

Texture quality looks a little low, it will be interesting to see what the pc-equivalent setting will be. Medium?

Wow, that looks abysmal. Close up, things are passable but Bethesda can't do distances for poo poo.

Was really hoping for a bigger leap from PS3 > PS4 than this.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 31, 2015

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I actually like the softer, cartoonier graphic style quite a bit. It's a bit more provocative than the "Grey and realistic" of the previous two games.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Looks alright to me. v:shobon:v Although my PC has always been juuuuust behind the curve so I've had to play every game ever at medium-ish settings. I don't actually know what modern video game graphics look like. :v:

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Looks like a good chunk of the world map in one of those shots. Not that you can really see much.

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

New album with a few more images

http://imgur.com/a/HS7GI

here's hoping the pc version looks more decent than those pictures :qq:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Now I really hope that John Fallout tries to communicate with Brotherhood in centuries old military jargon for most of them to not get why he doesn't religiously talk about steel being with them or why he doesn't know what a scribe is.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

It looks like everything is made from plastic, so much so that I would think it's a deliberate visual style

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Rockybar posted:

here's hoping the pc version looks more decent than those pictures :qq:

I mean you might have better rendering distances and sharper models, maybe, but I think it looks perfectly fine for "Bethesda Action RPG Seven". What did you realistically expect from them?

e: Really I just want to wander around drunk in that starting pre-war outfit hitting folks in the face with a baseball bat. That is truly the Boston way.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Jeoh posted:

Horse cock for the dog. Second Life prevails.
Haha this reminds me of an email to giantbomb I heard last week, this guy wrote in talking about him being in a sociology or something class, and how the professor is requiring them to install and play second life and "interact with" a certain number of "netizens" as the term progressed, and to attend classes in second life. The first thing I imagined was just an invasion of dicks, and the professor probably having some non-animated avatar that looks like an apple or some stupid poo poo.

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

Boogaleeboo posted:

I mean you might have better rendering distances and sharper models, maybe, but I think it looks perfectly fine for "Bethesda Action RPG Seven". What did you realistically expect from them?

e: Really I just want to wander around drunk in that starting pre-war outfit hitting folks in the face with a baseball bat. That is truly the Boston way.

A slider for object/actor/terrain/grass fade, those shots look nice for the up-close stuff, but the landscapes always looked like paper mache with twigs sticking out

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Bholder posted:

It looks like everything is made from plastic, so much so that I would think it's a deliberate visual style

Combined with the color palette, I'm very sure it's intentional.

EDIT: Also all the realtime construction stuff for settlements probably meant a tradeoff in graphics quality too.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 31, 2015

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Wow, that looks abysmal. Close up, things are passable but Bethesda can't do distances for poo poo.

Was really hoping for a bigger leap from PS3 > PS4 than this.

Nice shadows consolailures

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The power armor looks good and stompy, though. So there's that.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

The lighting system shows off how outdated the rest of the tech is, and the UI looks like a placeholder.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scott Forstall posted:

ODIAR PERIODICOS

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Wow looks like an n64 game amirite.

The losers at Neogaf are freaking the gently caress out, like the nerds havent played a beth game before.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

Wow looks like an n64 game amirite.

The losers at Neogaf are freaking the gently caress out, like the nerds havent played a beth game before.

Just because a company always turns out games that look like rear end doesn't excuse it when they do it again. The apologetic attitude towards it is why they keep doing it. They rightfully should get lambasted for presenting a game that looks below the curve when you consider things like Witcher 3 came out on the same platforms looking much better.

Why should they try to push the bar when they get excused for not doing so?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Well at least we can see what the 100 dollar (but 150 dollar in value!) Fallout Loot Crate includes now that people are starting to get them.

Those sure are some coasters all right.

I'd say the whole "150 dollar value" would be a lie but seeing how pricey the items in the Bethesda store actually are I guess they were actually being honest there.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Just because a company always turns out games that look like rear end doesn't excuse it when they do it again. The apologetic attitude towards it is why they keep doing it. They rightfully should get lambasted for presenting a game that looks below the curve when you consider things like Witcher 3 came out on the same platforms looking much better.

Why should they try to push the bar when they get excused for not doing so?

They're going to sell another 20 million based on hype alone and continue to not give a poo poo about opinions.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

They're going to sell another 20 million based on hype alone and continue to not give a poo poo about opinions.
Which is kind of why most games are tripe nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Rockybar posted:

A slider for object/actor/terrain/grass fade

On a console?

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

The lighting system shows off how outdated the rest of the tech is, and the UI looks like a placeholder.

Won't argue with this, I am not a huge fan of the UI so far, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Other than that there isn't really any aliasing on that ps4 version is there? That's impressive IMO.

• Locked thread