Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

kalstrams posted:

He's like that MGS sniper boss.

Mustarde is basically king shitter of bushwookiee mountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Mustarde, AKA Raging Wookie

Mustarde
Oct 26, 2014

Connoisseur of fine IPA`s and Chili with beans!
Lover of mayonnaise and anime!

Keeshhound posted:

Nope.

Also, Jesus Christ, Mustarde. Variety is the spice of life.

I agree. What's sad is... I hit that kill count probably a year and a half ago and completely stopped to play VS with GOKU and do some of the other directives on TR. If you skim my VS and TR weapon stats, I've done most of the other weapons/directives.

But it only takes me a moment to pull out the SR-7/V10/LA80 and fire off a few shots before the muscle memory comes back and I can ding heads reflexively. If you don't care about directives or have done all of the ones you want already, I am a firm believer that picking your favorites and mastering them will make a better player. I like my variety from the types of fights or playstyles I get in. Not my recoil pattern or magazine size.

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

I got the Space title on a character and the candy cannon directive is the least fun thing ever.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Mustarde is The Sniper Guy in PS2 tho. Like Daddy is King Airsperg and GylleBMF is The HA To End All HA's.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Not really, I think I'm the only one who mains there.

Also, apparently you can just start firing to decloak now? Which is loving awesome?? It's not instant but you can just hit left click to start decloaking and keep holding it to immediately shoot once visible.

Edit: It works for grenades too!

I haven't looked into it closely, but does it maybe not work for knives?

CthulhuBill
Aug 17, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Mithaldu posted:

Dunno about you guys, but i find it a little hard to get any kind of fix on the position of a sniper when i get 1-hit KOed and have to run back from my peasant wagon.

The map gives away where they were. Then just grab a SMG infil with EMP's and run up there, kill the bastard, EMP the area if he's hiding well. Then cloak again and scout around there are always more idiots sniping in the outlooks you can sneak up on.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Mustarde has evolved beyond the need to aim. He just fires blindly into the air and pubbies jump out of nowhere to place their heads in the path of the bullet.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

CthulhuBill posted:

The map gives away where they were. Then just grab a SMG infil with EMP's and run up there, kill the bastard, EMP the area if he's hiding well. Then cloak again and scout around there are always more idiots sniping in the outlooks you can sneak up on.

The majority of my parsec kills have been counter snipping and I only got it like 2 months ago. If you know the bases and where the obvious spots are there is literally an endless supply of BR1 bushwookiees that are the easiest targets in the game to hit.

I've done like 1 session of actual full on shitter since I got it and ended with a 22 KDR for the day.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Protons posted:

Didn't you stop playing?

Did I ever stop playing, or did the game stop being playable? How can one play a dead game

megane posted:

Mustarde has evolved beyond the need to aim. He just fires blindly into the air and pubbies jump out of nowhere to place their heads in the path of the bullet.

So he's an 80s action movie protagonist?

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

Quick tip - if you don't have the AE versions of some guns you can unlock them with certs through the old certs menu thing at the bottom of the loadout screen. (heavy assault certs, etc.)

It worked yesterday, I dunno if it's still working today.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Clamps McGraw posted:

Quick tip - if you don't have the AE versions of some guns you can unlock them with certs through the old certs menu thing at the bottom of the loadout screen. (heavy assault certs, etc.)

It worked yesterday, I dunno if it's still working today.

Nice. Guess I'll rush to 1k certs as fast as I can this weekend.

Then watch as DBG takes them away in a week without a refund.

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.
seems to have been patched, i don't see it

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Well, I auraxed my Armistice. I guess it's time to do the MKV and PDW in order to put off touching the Hailstorm again.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Or play my Vanu.

loving Connery. :captainpop:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I wanted to come back for some space shootmans after a long hiatus, but the game just CTDs on loading after character selection. :( The bar goes up to 100%, then a few seconds pass and poof, I'm back on desktop.
Tried to google for solutions, but didn't have any success. Does anyone know of this problem and whether there's a way around it?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I'd love to know:

a) what kind of Lovecraftian database schema they use where something as tiny as WEAPON PRICES could be stored twice in two independent locations

b) what kind of Benny Hill updating process they use that they could forget to make sure the new/old cert screen's data source had the right prices

c) how on Earth could the Mjolnir have an "old" price when it didn't even exist before the cert price hike

but I suspect the answer to all three is the good old CTRL-C CTRL-V development process. :cripes:

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 1, 2015

Guy Forget
Dec 25, 2006
It's not pronounced the way you think.
Sadly the actual purchase system is smart enough to pull the correct current prices. No 100 cert Kobalts for me, alas.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Guy Forget posted:

Sadly the actual purchase system is smart enough to pull the correct current prices. No 100 cert Kobalts for me, alas.

at least they know how to fleece the masses! :suicide:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

I thought the Kobalt was rear end anyway, or is that just on the Flash? That's the only thing I drive anyway.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Cabbit posted:

I thought the Kobalt was rear end anyway, or is that just on the Flash? That's the only thing I drive anyway.

Kobalt is a fine killing tool for the flash. It's not the best but you can do ok with it. Think of it as a longer range option. On any other vehicle it's an infantry boogeyman (because you don't have to worry about getting oneshot and you have a 360 degree firing window).

However, the best weapon trait for the flash is high alpha which is what the fury-f and renegade have. Fury is far and away #1 because you don't even have to aim it at all to vacuum up kills, and renegade is the pump-shotgun for infils that can shoot through vehicle shields.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

So, if one wants to Aurax a large quantity of weapons, what is really to best way to get those bajillion kills? Also, are any of the TR directive weapons even worth it, minus the sniper, SMG, pistol, or rocket (because gently caress those)?

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Dvsilverwing posted:

So, if one wants to Aurax a large quantity of weapons, what is really to best way to get those bajillion kills? Also, are any of the TR directive weapons even worth it, minus the sniper, SMG, pistol, or rocket (because gently caress those)?

Play all day every day.

Then play more. Have you considered getting a mini fridge and a poop sock?

Serious answer, pick one short range and one long range load out and use those where they're the best. Once auraxed put it away forever.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Dvsilverwing posted:

It took me an incredibly long time to get my directive carbine. So long that when I finally got it I was so incredibly sick to death with carbines and being an LA/engie. I think I got like 6 or 7 kills with my eclipse right now since I've suddenly became very busy with wraith flashing.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Dvsilverwing posted:

The TR Auraxium AR is one of the best AR's in the game, easily.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Dvsilverwing posted:

Find a friendly tower being attacked by a zergfit and farm all drat day. Don't leave the tower, they'll come to you. Crimson Bluff, West Pass, The Bastion, etc.

Also, put exmags on your gun if possible. Reloading is for people who want directive guns later rather than sooner. Since you're TR you already have exmags on your ARs and Carbines.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
If you're trying for LA directives/weapons, I did a huge chunk of my work by looking for towers that zergs are attacking from. They have lots of oblivious snipers, rocketmans, and people getting vehicles who trained up my SMGs and shotguns quite quickly.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

What's the upper limit for cert storage? I have literally everything I want unlocked and perfected and every implant I want and 8000 certs saved on my main. Do I need to start spending on bullshit or can I save indefinitely?

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

Also grinding out a 4th NS15 aurax because I want black camo for my spacebarbie instead of using the ultra awesome GODSAW I spent so long unlocking

gently caress my dumb broken brain

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Clamps McGraw posted:

What's the upper limit for cert storage? I have literally everything I want unlocked and perfected and every implant I want and 8000 certs saved on my main. Do I need to start spending on bullshit or can I save indefinitely?

10k if you're not subscribed, 50k(?) if you are.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

sitchelin posted:

10k if you're not subscribed, 50k(?) if you are.

This is correct

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
So, day 4 of my foray into the Vanu, and while I love the Aphelion to death, the only thing I wish is that it sounded different. With the Vulcan, you get the nice chunkity spinup before the BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA of death, but with the Aphelion you get the anemic 'pyewp pyewp Pyewp PyewpPYEWP' THEN you have to release, which while super-effective in terms of wrecking poo poo, is giving me auditory blueballs.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

McKilligan posted:

So, day 4 of my foray into the Vanu, and while I love the Aphelion to death, the only thing I wish is that it sounded different. With the Vulcan, you get the nice chunkity spinup before the BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA of death, but with the Aphelion you get the anemic 'pyewp pyewp Pyewp PyewpPYEWP' THEN you have to release, which while super-effective in terms of wrecking poo poo, is giving me auditory blueballs.

Use the Saron. It has much better sound effects and pretty much rules at any range.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

The new 20m tiered 143 guns with SPA are the absolute poo poo, especially when you stick on SPA. Been absolutely wrecking with the Polaris

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Clamps McGraw posted:

The new 20m tiered 143 guns with SPA are the absolute poo poo, especially when you stick on SPA. Been absolutely wrecking with the Polaris

They're incredibly OP if you can aim. And they're easy to aim. And you can actually use a suppressor on one and STILL have longer max damage range than almost everything else.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Is there some kind of reason why Miller VS would spend 2+ hours fighting a slowly retreating battle against a single massive NC armor zerg instead of broadening the front and attempting even a little flanking? Am i missing something here or are these PLs just not interested in anything but meatgrinders so big that character-pop-in is the norm again?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Remember when the entire of the TR was in AoD and was allergic to ever splitting up from their massive blob? Miller VS is basically that with DIG and DIGT.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Fans posted:

Remember when the entire of the TR was in AoD and was allergic to ever splitting up from their massive blob? Miller VS is basically that with DIG and DIGT.
I don't since i only play sporadically. Otoh, this sounds like DIG really is a bunch of dumbfucks when it comes to strategic gameplay. Wondering more and more why i even bother staying with them anymore.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Mithaldu posted:

Is there some kind of reason why Miller VS would spend 2+ hours fighting a slowly retreating battle against a single massive NC armor zerg instead of broadening the front and attempting even a little flanking? Am i missing something here or are these PLs just not interested in anything but meatgrinders so big that character-pop-in is the norm again?

Both EU servers are utter holes to play on, from which there is no escape other than the sweet embrace of your game crashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Polyakov posted:

Both EU servers are utter holes to play on, from which there is no escape other than the sweet embrace of your game crashing.

My game doesn't even do that. It just keeps on running like a trooper.

I have the suspicions the EU servers are a little arse because most players have english as secondary language at best, if they even speak it.

• Locked thread