Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Mill Village posted:

Care to give some examples?

I honestly can't tell if it would hurt or help Tae's argument if someone responded seriously.

edit: why do I always have to be the one to page-top with derails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
New outfits look good. So I give zero shits about this.

That's my opinion.

So Xenoblade X will be good. Also Xenoblade was also very good despite what some people claim.

Games are good. Anime is good. Anime games are great. Thanks for posting here.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

So one thing I'm curious about, are you forced to use the player-created character or can you kick him out of the party like Shulk?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

That only seems a little less skeevy, given the surrounding context of gameplay. Anyway, hopefully we can at least agree the loss of the sexy 13-year old costumes In Xenoblade in no great loss, to get back on to the original topic

I would seriously ignore anything second-hand from the game, as you did because most of the information come from fanatics that wanted the series dead as soon as it got popular.

The Black Stones posted:

So Xenoblade X will be good. Also Xenoblade was also very good despite what some people claim.

The claim mostly was that Xenoblades wasn't anime, not the quality of the game itself.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

a cartoon duck posted:

So one thing I'm curious about, are you forced to use the player-created character or can you kick him out of the party like Shulk?

I know you can control other characters besides the mc, but I don't know if you can put him/her in reserve. I would assume so though.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Tae posted:

The claim mostly was that Xenoblades wasn't anime, not the quality of the game itself.

There's actually some posters who claim the game got overhyped (I can agree with that) but that the game wasn't as good as people claim! It's happened in this thread before.

To that I say. Xenoblade was good. Very good.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

xenoblade was good because none of the characters had that gross fucken anime-eyes doughface like that one 13-yr-old character in XCX has. I hope we can either kill that character or leave them in the toybox for the whole game where it rightfully belongs

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
You can just cover her in a rad battlesuit with mask, I think.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mill Village posted:

Care to give some examples?
Dominatrices that rode Pegasi in Mystery of the Emblem.

Tiki

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 31, 2015

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
Just shelled out my money for a WiiU so I can get this drat game. I'm looking forward to running around a huge interesting world. To me that's the big draw, I loved the world they created in xenoblade chronicles, it was just really fun to clear each map and find all the little secrets. So here's hoping the maps are just as good in X.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

MinibarMatchman posted:

xenoblade was good because none of the characters had that gross fucken anime-eyes doughface like that one 13-yr-old character in XCX has. I hope we can either kill that character or leave them in the toybox for the whole game where it rightfully belongs

xenoblade had some of the ugliest faces ever in comparison to how nice everything else in the game looked

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

MinibarMatchman posted:

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 31, 2015

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

The Black Stones posted:

New outfits look good. So I give zero shits about this.

That's my opinion.

Games are good. Anime is good. Anime games are great. Thanks for posting here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGHm9-ssr5g

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
So there's no Nopon character with sexy costumes? gently caress...

Guys why did they make the furry mascot characters so tame nowadays, when in Xenogears they were just lewd rats constantly smoking weed and having orgies?

Game developers are such squares!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Med School posted:

So there's no Nopon character with sexy costumes? gently caress...

Guys why did they make the furry mascot characters so tame nowadays, when in Xenogears they were just lewd rats constantly smoking weed and having orgies?

Game developers are such squares!

how do you think riki ended up with a million children and a life of debt

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

a cartoon duck posted:

how do you think riki ended up with a million children and a life of debt
don't forget the nopon drug smuggling ring

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?

vaguely posted:

drat I gotta go replay xenoblade 1

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

vaguely posted:

I like the one where a nopon accidentally contaminates the local water supply with his private booze brewing.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

a cartoon duck posted:

I like the one where a nopon accidentally contaminates the local water supply with his private booze brewing.

I like the one where you have to make the noponette fat as hell so her idiot lover can land on her safely after trying to kill himself from jumping off the tree

(I may be misremembering that quest a bit)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Mak0rz posted:

I like the one where you have to make the noponette fat as hell so her idiot lover can land on her safely after trying to kill himself from jumping off the tree

(I may be misremembering that quest a bit)

Enough about your sex life, what about the Nopon quest?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i don't remember any lewd rats in xenogears

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

hubris.height posted:

i don't remember any lewd rats in xenogears

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I'm actually kind of surprised people said "MAD SKILLZ" in 1998.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mak0rz posted:

I'm actually kind of surprised people said "MAD SKILLZ" in 1998.

I'm curious when you thought mad skllz was said at all. late 90's/early 2k was prime Tony Hawk era.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Louisgod posted:

to no one's surprise the posters at NeoGAF that have anime and MLP avatars do not like the change, with my favorite quote that was posted more than likely not ironically:

It'd still be hard to find people worse than TERA players who use the "fixes" for the literal child race's outfits (or lack thereof :gonk:).

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

he said lewd rats, not cool rats

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Tae posted:

I'm curious when you thought mad skllz was said at all. late 90's/early 2k was prime Tony Hawk era.

I dunno, I just figured it was a fad that came later. I was 11 when that game was released, but the whole "mad skillz" bullshit is something I remember from highschool. :shrug:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Evil Fluffy posted:

It'd still be hard to find people worse than TERA players who use the "fixes" for the literal child race's outfits (or lack thereof :gonk:).

I want lewd outfits for the male version of that species, which is all just short fat animal dudes.

... Man before the internet that statement would've been obviously ironic, but nowadays there probably are multiple people who legitimately want that.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/11/02/best-buys-xenoblade-chronicles-x-pre-order-incentive-is-pizza/

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is the weirdest most out of place pre-order bonus.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
ePizza Cash sounds like a SA ad.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i dunno, if i were stranded on an alien planet i could probably go for some pizza.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

ePizza Cash sounds like a SA ad.

Is Xenoblade X published by aggro-gator?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

sold

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
gamestops gotta step up honestly

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Better than useless artwork and an OST that I'd listen to on youtube.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

That's clearly Metal Wolf Chaos Future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Oil Drilling Simulation?