Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Hey is Ending 17 broken?

I've heard that you have to beat the Hush without taking either the polaroid or negative during the Mom fight, but I just did and the same sheol and cathedral opened up anyway. Am I doing something wrong or is it just busted?

Did you try beating the game? If that doesn't work, it might be an oversight by the devs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Dr. Fetus posted:

Did you try beating the game? If that doesn't work, it might be an oversight by the devs.

Yeah, I went on through to the cathedral and beat Isaac, and got the normal Isaac sans Chest ending. Bummer.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
i got like 10 cheevos at once for beating the new boss huh

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Richard Hammer has a couple different fun breaking combos revolving around the Placebo Pill spacebar item going on in his stream currently:

- Placebo Pill + 48 Hour Energy: infinite uses of the Placebo, which he then used to max out Luck with a Luck Up pill.

- Placebo Pill + Habit + Full Health pill + blood donation machine for money until they exploded. Unfortunately both became Blood Bags instead of an IV Bag.

I love it when cool interactions lead to things like that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So the Lilith run that I posted a screenshot of just before? Yeah, I got spoon bender & BFF. Easiest Ultra Greed kill out of the three times that I've beaten him.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I'm not sure I really "get" Greed Mode. Like, is there any reward for not hitting the button beyond not taking damage? I remember them talking up a risk/reward system in the leadup to release but I'm just not seeing it.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I'm not sure I really "get" Greed Mode. Like, is there any reward for not hitting the button beyond not taking damage? I remember them talking up a risk/reward system in the leadup to release but I'm just not seeing it.

It's an emergency stop button, because if you really suck, the timer will keep spawning more enemies even if you're not ready. I think you might get slightly more money if you don't press it, too? My real question is why there a room with a completely basic Monstro before Ultra Greed?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
So, if you bomb the golden-encrusted Ultra Greed at the end of Greed Mode, he shakes a bit and flashes. If I have enough bombs is it possible to blow him up? just wondering if I should save some bombs on future runs for maximum greediness.

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Lilith + Car Battery+ Cube of Meat is pretty good on Greed Mode. I had 2.5 meat boys on each floor (I guess that woud go up to 5 with 9volt or AAA) and with BFFs I couldn't even see the enemies but everything got slaughtered so quickely it didn't matter.

Also, does anyone know whats up with the greed donation machine maxing out at around 100?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Welp, whoever said that the IV bag breaks Greed Mode, you weren't kidding. Facerolled it as Isaac after becoming Mom, Guppy, Shroomhead and probably Lord of the Flies (gently caress if I know, I couldn't tell at that point because I was tiny).

Fun mode though!

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Fetus posted:

Update your game. She's supposed to start with it, but a bug earlier made it not the case.
Oh poo poo, so that's what happened. Afterbirth is going to have quite of a few of these quickfix patches, I bet.

Scarred womb is gross as poo poo, and some of this new music is siiiick. How does Binding of Isaac keep getting more metal?

Jar of flies is hecka cool.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
On the one hand, I agree that the new super-boss probably has too much health. On the other hand, if you aren't weaseling your way into a combo that breaks the engine in half, you're probably not playing Greed Mode correctly. That mode feels specifically designed around being broken in hilarious ways, even more than the main game.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Where do I find the option to turn off the lovely new VOs for every pill/card?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cobalt60 posted:

Where do I find the option to turn off the lovely new VOs for every pill/card?

(throaty voice) Pubertyyyy :heysexy:

I appreciate how hard Nicolas works to make us all uncomfortable. That's going to get so old, though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ludovico+Dunce Cap is really awkward to control. Dunce Cap isn't as bad as I'd feared, though I still don't know that I like it yet.

First run as Azazel after unlocking him and I get Mutant Spider, and thank gently caress for that because the new boss rush is nuts. Everything was smooth sailing until I hit the new super-boss. Got him down to about 1/10th health but then I beefed it and lost like four hearts without even hurting him and died. :sigh: Not sure how I feel about that boss yet since I was barely doing any damage with Azazel+quad shot, and that's nuts. I didn't get any damage upgrades in the run but still! I really like how much faster you seem to unlock poo poo now because I got the Small Rock in like three runs without even trying. Afterbirth makes the game pretty tough (at least on a new file) but I like it a lot so far.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Funnily enough, Judas seems like one of the worst characters for Greed mode. Book of Belial not stacking means that getting multiple charges is pointless and his health means that you can't access the curse room straight off and can't trade with the devil unless it has spirit hearts or you are lucky enough to find a health up.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
If you use the Pokeball to capture an enemy (in this case a giant poop) that generates other enemies, the generated enemies will be hostile. Also if the enemy splits into other enemies on death, those enemies will be hostile.

Dunno if it's intended or a bug, but it's really annoying with the giant poops because they summon tiny poops on top of you right when you scroll into a room and just keep pumping them out while you're trying to clear a room.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Just tried Greed Mode for the first time and Ultra Greed is a pretty fun fight. He's a lot more animated than the rest of the bosses. Just barely got him on my first try. :toot:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

An important thing to know about Ultra Greed is that he has reduced defenses while spinning the slots.

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!

Manatee Cannon posted:

Just tried Greed Mode for the first time and Ultra Greed is a pretty fun fight. He's a lot more animated than the rest of the bosses. Just barely got him on my first try. :toot:

Took me two tries but that boss is pretty drat fun, Greed mode in general makes this purchase worth it for me. Also, probably been said somewhere else, but Dr. Fetus finally does proper damage again.

E: So uh... looks like if you bomb the re-roll machine it just works? Been doing it for a minute or two and it hasn't broken yet. If this isn't a bug then that makes winning Greed a whole lot easier if you have any bomb item.

Nanomachine Son fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Oct 31, 2015

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The balance of greed mode seems really out of whack to me. Like the first floor is the hardest.

I managed to get a steam sale in the first item room of my second run which made it easy as hell.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The reroll machine rerolls if you bomb it, too.

Got a top quality loadout by getting epic fetus early on. Also make sure you do the devil room challenges for each floor.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Man, these new challenge runs sure seem unfair and not fun, for the most part. Haven't tried all of them but Speed and The Guardian seem especially bullshit. It's beans and family man all over again.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Is there any advantage to Lilith or is she supposed to be a gimped character? I only tried her out very briefly.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I genuinely enjoy the Giga XL challenge. I've been wanting a mode that's essentially Endless Mode for a while now and this is probably as close as it gets. I just wish it gave you an extra item room or two. That way, if you get a lovely item like Bob's Brain or one of the beans, you don't feel like you've wasted a floor.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

watho posted:

Is there any advantage to Lilith or is she supposed to be a gimped character? I only tried her out very briefly.

Her familiar shares her damage, firerate, shot speed & tear effects. She can then use her use item so that she can have multiples of each familiar out (so she can have two little brimstones as an example)

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
If anyone hasn't tried it the new daily challenge is up. I managed to get rank 68 in score but as I was browsing the top scores I found mine slowly creep down.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ran into this screenshot. I hope this was in greed mode and that's the only place an angel room can spawn like this, because otherwise... why

Amusing fact: Box of friends plus cube of meat plus a few batteries gives you four-cube meat boy.

Ragnar34 fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Oct 31, 2015

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Cool fact about Box of Friends: It resets every wave of the boss rush

:getin:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

watho posted:

Lilith is a character that, on the surface, appears to be really gimmicky. However, all it really amounts to is strange aiming due to the buddy system. All her power lies in Box of Friends, which, since the demon buddy has the stats you would have if you weren't blindfolded, is at the barest minimum is free 20/20 every 2 pips. However, getting energy-related items can let you exploit this and reliably clone your buddies past 2 for exponential damage. BFFs and other followers just make it even better. If you can get used to the Family Man-style aiming, she's actually very good. I beat Hush on Hard on my first-ever time playing her.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Huh. She didn't actually have a use item when I first tried her out so she just felt really awkward. Must've been a weird bug. Thanks for the info!

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
I started a totally new file for this since I haven't played Isaac in a long time. It's been really good fun so far. I just had a disastrous run though where I got Ludovico and no other tear effects or damage ups for like, the first 4 floors and then ran into this Polycephalus battle that had 3 of those new nub enemies that spawn the corn flies and a huge amount of cavernous, unwalkable space. Needless to say, I did not make it out. I guess the saving grace is that I was able to get ludo on my item list and now I never have to pick up that trash item ever again. I also just saw the new pokeball item which was a ton of fun. I think it needs a bit of a buff though because it seems like you need about 8 charges to make use of it. 4 to catch and then 4 to release?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Also it feels like Azazel is a lot harder to use now. His short range seems to be a lot more crippling than it was in Rebirth.

Partially that's down to not knowing movement patterns and things yet.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

watho posted:

Huh. She didn't actually have a use item when I first tried her out so she just felt really awkward. Must've been a weird bug. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, before the patch she didn't have her spacebar item for some reason. I still managed to beat blue baby as her without it, so now that she has it I think she's actually a pretty potentially powerful character.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Just confirmed that the Chaos Card does indeed work on Hush. No new unlocks for beating it in hard mode though :(

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Hey is Ending 17 broken?

I've heard that you have to beat the Hush without taking either the polaroid or negative during the Mom fight, but I just did and the same sheol and cathedral opened up anyway. Am I doing something wrong or is it just busted?

Appears to be broken. I think currently you need to not have It Lives/Cathedral unlocked before you kill Hush in order to get the ending.

For anyone who wants to see what they're missing, I uploaded it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmjcXYxyH2g

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.

Dr. Fetus posted:

What increases the counter? I only got it in Greed Mode, so things were too hectic for me to pay attention to it.

Enemy kills. Each one adds one Guppy's Head worth of flies to the jar. I had a ring around me and it was great.

Also beat Ultra Greed with Azazel. Ludovico + Tammy's Head + Habit with full sin hearts meant that whatever touched me died in a flash. The big guy himself took almost 4 full minutes of fighting though.

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
It looks like the daily challenge might be one of the holiday themed ones today, looks like the random drops you get have a chance to contain multiples? Combined that with the card that fills the room with poop and had 79c and a ton of cards by the first floor.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Don't enter the secret room in GREED MODE. I've been trapped in twice now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dang, so not only will monstro's lung combo with epic fetus to create a 3-5 missile barrage, but epic fetus (and regular fetus I assume) will combo with glitter bombs for infinite prizes. I was able to fish for a joker card on the chest which netted me the 2nd piece of the key so I was able to do Hush and Mega Satan in a single run. :woop: