Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

fnox posted:

holy poo poo no I don't want SoloQ idiots trying to play Riven mid with Faker's skin.

Nah, I agree and she has a shitload of skins as it is. But then, check champion.gg real quick and ask yourself, "do I want a Ryze mid on my team in solo q?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rond
Mar 2, 2015
GG SK Telecom T1, deserved.

Ryze skin please. :)

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

Congratulations on winning your Championship Riven skin, Dextcod.

The real MVP

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Yeah if Faker doesn't get a Ryze skin it'd be silly, he's utterly destroyed on it every time he played it this tournament.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
SKT Tristana skin would be pretty cool though I bet he'll want Lucian.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Faker just really jacked dudes up in that last game. Unleash the beast indeed!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
SKT face roll Ryze that does combat rolls when he Qs

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hope the KOO Tigers return next year. What a great bunch.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

flyingkiwi posted:

I think they actually made a mistake and wound up losing legitimately and I don't know why you're making up this story in your head

ya, i agree with you, but i think they made the mistake because they were up 2-0 and were not taking the third game seriously enough. koo earned the victory, i'm not saying skt threw on purpose but out of sloppy play.

skt has consistently been disrespectful to their opponents when dominant, and it has from time to time bit them in the rear end. this was true season 3 as well.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

SKT Tristana skin would be pretty cool though I bet he'll want Lucian.

Tristana has enough skins anyway, gimme SKT Lucian.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Bholder posted:

Just hope we don't get Deadmau5 for a post game concert and it will b better than the Dota TI

no because the finals were actually competitive and americans won.

deadmouse was laughably bad though and it was awkward and hilarious.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Vermain posted:

Hope the KOO Tigers return next year. What a great bunch.

Yeah, they bring a great mix being a teamwork-based team and one that plays the games just a bit different from everyone else with their own distinct style and picks.

Seeing Smeb do well after his suffering on IM is always great too.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

they managed to pull poo poo back after that unbelievably stupid level 2 dive into a generally poor early game in game 2, and i think that made them overconfident.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Space Flower posted:

Nah, I agree and she has a shitload of skins as it is. But then, check champion.gg real quick and ask yourself, "do I want a Ryze mid on my team in solo q?"

at least Ryze is AP, I guess, it's harder to poo poo up a SoloQ composition with Ryze. it's also really interesting how he has over 60% average winrate on people with more than 100 games with him.

so apparently we're getting 7 skins for SKT, one for Bang, Wolf, Marin, Easyhoon and apparently Kkoma as well, and two special ones for Bengi and Faker.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

no because the finals were actually competitive and americans won.

deadmouse was laughably bad though and it was awkward and hilarious.

It's easy for western teams to win when no one in Korea plays your game

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

marin definitely earned mvp.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

fnox posted:

so apparently we're getting 7 skins for SKT, one for Bang, Wolf, Marin, Easyhoon and apparently Kkoma as well, and two special ones for Bengi and Faker.

"Apparently"? What, says who?

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Monathin posted:

Tristana has enough skins anyway, gimme SKT Lucian.

True. But she hasn't had a skin since Rocket Girl tho (I know there was a visual upgrade). Lucian had the Project skin recently too.

I agree that Lucian is more Bang's champion though.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

#fakerfistbump

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Easyhoon 100% worlds winrate.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Firebert posted:

I'd think Koreans would not be good at the old fps

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the most rolly polly bot lane <3

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Bland posted:

He must be referring to the Kkoma Azir thread from leddit.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Firebert posted:

ti1: eu
ti2: china
ti3: eu
ti4: china
ti5: na

worlds 1: eu
worlds 2: taiwan
worlds 3: korea
worlds 4: korea
worlds 5: korea

what i'm saying is that when the aliens land and conquer the earth none of them will give a gently caress about who is good at what video game

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
quick change stream, imaqtpie is doing an urgot cosplay

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
The level of play in competitive Dota is so abysmal an NA team won TI

fnox
May 19, 2013

Bland posted:

comments from some Rioters, Scarizard amongst others. it's obviously not set in stone, though, but it'd definitely make sense to make special ones for Faker and Bengi.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

ungulateman posted:

what i'm saying is that when the aliens land and conquer the earth none of them will give a gently caress about who is good at what video game

actually i expect that's exactly what they'll care about

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

nomadologique posted:

marin definitely earned mvp.

IMO Faker was clearly the best player today but hard to argue with giving it to Marin given how thoroughly he dominated the tournament up until finals.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

blah_blah posted:

IMO Faker was clearly the best player today but hard to argue with giving it to Marin given how thoroughly he dominated the tournament up until finals.

I agree with this.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

English Faker!!!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

blah_blah posted:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

ungulateman posted:

Maybe they should...

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

woah bengi take it on his shoulders, what a bad dude.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Congrats to the 2015 WORLD chaZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

ungulateman posted:

Are you saying Thorin's interview hypotheticals are lies?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

90% bengi suffers from depression

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

Congrats to the 2015 WORLD chaZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

in 30 years the only thing i'll remember about my time spent watching lol was skt dominating

HamaValkyrie
Oct 5, 2015
GGWP SKTT1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
hey skt won thats good and all but imaqtpie is trying out the new adc changes atm

• Locked thread