Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Smythe posted:

ROFL. Yea sure, let m,y janitor my phone like a human being. *looks down* Hmm, no jorts here yet. Better keep opening Settings for my free pair. :fuckoff:

Jesus Christ stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

Jesus Christ stop

Jesus Christ won't help you where you're going. The leper colony.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THC posted:

you won't like this: if there's an air video client for atv4 I will buy my parents one for Christmas even tho I bought them atv3 last year.

always be buying great new products from Apple

according to the gray thread it's available now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
finally something making atv useful

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
*buys an atv even though you can't watch pirated media on it* - whole lotta fukin returds in this thead

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Who still pirates stuff?

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

eric posted:

Who still pirates stuff?

literally everyone

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Smythe posted:

Jesus Christ won't help you where you're going. The leper colony.

this is like a Carl pilkington type of post where you were almost unintentionally clever but it's above your head anyway great job smythe

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eric posted:

Who still pirates stuff?

games - nah

movies n TV? there is literally no way to get it legally and in a way I approve of

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
how many times have i savagely owned you kevin? its good that youre feeling spunky tonight, but give it a rest. we dont need to relive the agony that was your epic kitchen tour video, or whatever the gently caress that was

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

cooking with smythe

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
loving with echi

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Pissflaps posted:

lol shame I missed the chip and pin conversation did the American who has to cancel all his cards every six months because of fraud post yet

americans are quite shite, am i right mate?

Mondrian
Jan 8, 2011

echinopsis posted:

cucking with echi

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

:drat:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
good chuckles all around this page

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
thanks for the chucks. thank

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
all aboard the chuckle-train. conductor chucklefcuk :-)

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Can someone tell me. Do apps on the ATV 4 need to be purchased again if you already own them on iOS? Like, if I already own Transitor the game for iPad, do I have to shell out again for the ATV version, or is it basically just the same game on a different device?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

bobfather posted:

Can someone tell me. Do apps on the ATV 4 need to be purchased again if you already own them on iOS? Like, if I already own Transitor the game for iPad, do I have to shell out again for the ATV version, or is it basically just the same game on a different device?

stop being loving lazy and find your answer on Google FFS

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

You Am I posted:

stop being loving lazy and find your answer on Google FFS

Of course I searched for the answer. I also read most every review out for it, and none answered this specific question. Don’t be a moron.

So I ask again: is this like Apple Watch where apps you have already bought on iOS will have free Watch versions? Or will I have to buy a second, Apple TV version of an app, even if I already own the app on iOS?

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

bobfather posted:

If it's a universal app you will be able to download it

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

If it's a universal app you will be able to download it

That’s great news. Thanks!

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

bobfather posted:

Of course I searched for the answer. I also read most every review out for it, and none answered this specific question. Don’t be a moron.

So I ask again: is this like Apple Watch where apps you have already bought on iOS will have free Watch versions? Or will I have to buy a second, Apple TV version of an app, even if I already own the app on iOS?

yes, you will have the tvOS version of the app you purchased.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
new atv is pretty great except for the keyboard. the setup is really cool, you can just hold your iPhone next to it and it'll join wifi and prompt you for your Apple ID stuff right on the phone

ship the remote.app update tho tim

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the bad part about the atv is that all of the gradients have terrible color banding on my lovely china scrap heap panel but I'm getting a new tv soon so w/e

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the solid white screens have made the damage to the panel caused by shadow knocking it over very apparent. makes me want to buy a new tv. guess i'll what's good on black friday

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
it's really nice, the interface is sleek and fast. AirPlay works supremely well now but a lot of it is pretty bare bones right now. but I've got some gripes.

- podcasts app. my breakfasts are now more lonely without white nerds talking about video games.
- album art screen saver. give it back.
- remote app update. the software keyboard sucks.
- album art slideshow in the music app always cycles A-Z, so the album art for Mary J Blige's "A Mary Christmas," which I ever don't remember ever buying, is the first fukken thing I see whenever I open the app.
- third party apps are even more barebones too. can't search for particular periscope streams.
- Siri doesn't understand enough. asking "go back to the beginning" while watching the movie will do a search for "back to the beginning"
- white background on the home screen. give me an option to use my extensive anime wallaper collection.

Necronomoticon fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 31, 2015

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
just run your pirated animes through handbrake jfc

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bobfather posted:

quick reminder that there are no games for ios

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

my iOS has lots of games

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CamH posted:

my iOS has lots of games

it does not, it has entertainment apps, some of which may be themed after existing games for actual gaming platforms

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

tetris is good, super hexagon is good

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Silver Alicorn posted:

this will destroy the 10-bit fidelity!!!

CamH
Apr 11, 2008

Silver Alicorn posted:

tetris is good, super hexagon is good

have both of these and can confirm

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

oh no not banding

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

if somone make a script that auto ran handbrake on new files or something but it doent? ice got like 3 or 4 tigs of movie and TV and need to maintain original files to seed

I actually intended in doing exactly that and got an atv3 but returned it after an hour after I realised it was garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

This is max level computer Stockholm syndrome btw

• Locked thread