Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Well, I guess if you assume that the audience that is installing Morrowind mods in 2015 is quite tiny, then that... no, still makes no sense. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Also not just fixing those textures. Seriously, it took me five minutes - at the outside - to fix that one.

Feb 8, 2008
EDIT
Wrong thread. My apologies

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
The mod concept is still terrific and over-all well executed. When you break it down, it's fairly easy to do, but it certainly must have taken a ton of time to execute, considering its over 4000 files or so. I'd hate to drive anyone away from trying it out with chatter about the modder.

They are absolutely baffling though.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah, using it now and it really looks nice. I highly recommend it.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

armoredgorilla posted:

The mod concept is still terrific and over-all well executed. When you break it down, it's fairly easy to do, but it certainly must have taken a ton of time to execute, considering its over 4000 files or so. I'd hate to drive anyone away from trying it out with chatter about the modder.

They are absolutely baffling though.

Not that hard, you can use batch commands in photoshop to automate the process

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Hog Inspector posted:

Not that hard, you can use batch commands in photoshop to automate the process

Well now I just have to find out how to unpack every texture in Dark Souls and do the same thing he did.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

why does the chocolate pack not get rid of cliff racers aaaaaaa

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

armoredgorilla posted:

Well now I just have to find out how to unpack every texture in Dark Souls and do the same thing he did.

There's probably instructions online.
God knows there's a ton of texture replacers out there for the game.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

The Wonder Weapon posted:

why does the chocolate pack not get rid of cliff racers aaaaaaa

they are the quintessential morrowind experience designed to bring all of us together

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

kazr posted:

they are the quintessential morrowind experience designed to bring all of us together

I've tried both Cliff Racers Removed and No More Cliff Racers and they're still in my game. What am I doing wrong?

Here's my load order, with CRR turned on and NMCR off: http://pastebin.com/HY7Q1Qin

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

What am I doing wrong?

trying to remove cliff racers

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I remember a mod that kills cliff racers automatically as soon as they get in range - more satisfying and you don't miss out on alchemical ingredients. Maybe try that one (can't find it atm though)?

Alternatively here are some satisfying ones:

quote:

this mod basicly sets the attack level of all cliff racers from 90 (default)
to 30 which means they won't bother you unless you attack them first.

http://mw.modhistory.com/download-55-5862

quote:

Removes cliff racers from leveled lists after a certain number have been killed by the player, simulating their extinction. This number defaults at 200, but may be modified via an in-game menu to a wide range of values. The in-game menu also allows the player to either force cliff racers into extinction, or *return them* from extinction with a single button.

http://mw.modhistory.com/download-55-9723

double nine fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 31, 2015

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

You should try this mod. It doesn't initially eliminate cliff racers, but makes sure that when you kill one, one doesn't respawn.

Instead it spawns two every time you kill one.

Edit:

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

There's a mod that makes healthy wildlife non-aggressive, that should make cliff racers less of a nuisance.

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

Woebin posted:

There's a mod that makes healthy wildlife non-aggressive, that should make cliff racers less of a nuisance.

Passive Healthy Wildlife is the one I always used.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
I'm reinstalling Morrowind. I'm gonna do it!! If I want to use the MGSO mod, what other key mods should I get? Alternately, is OpenMW any good?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Try the chocolate pack, rise of house Telvanni and associated mods.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Oh, I guess that was my main question - does MGSO conflict with anything in Chocolate pack, or vice versa?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

yes but thats fine

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

So I found a MGE XE Watercolor Shader to go along with the Watercolor Texture pack post earlier, and I really like the results after a bit of tweaking:

(Click for huge)

Other than the shots of Vivec and Ebonheart-from-Vivec, those are all Tel Uvirith with Uvirith's Legacy and Building Up Uvirith's Legacy installed (I somehow missed Rise of House Telvanni in this playthrough. :argh: No I didn't. :downs: forgot it was an esm) I really like how bright and colorful they are (Sue me, that's one of the things I liked about Oblivion.)

Edit: This is a weird thing to notice, but why doesn't the Silt Strider in Building Up Uvirith's Legacy move? I mean, it's absolutely still, the other ones have slight idle motions.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 1, 2015

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Oh poo poo, look at that! Beautiful

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It probably looks better in motion but to me, from those screenshots, it looks like poo poo lol

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

That's just, like, your opinion, man.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Forget it, Babe Magnet, you're out of your element.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Probably correct

Agents are GO! posted:

That's just, like, your opinion, man.

definitely correct

the indoor shots are okay but the outdoor shots looks like someone smeared lube all over the camera. It's just a blurry mess

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 1, 2015

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

That looks absolutely dreadful to me, but good on you for finding a thing you like.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Atrayonis posted:

You know you want to include Anthology Solstheim! :v:

But yes, a focus on gameplay is most welcome for people like me who like (or have to use) mostly-vanilla graphic.

Could you add something like Illegal Dwemer Trading, Hospitality Papers, Gnisis Eggmind Pass, and one of the Go to Jail mods? I'd love to have some of that in a unified mod (pack).
I'll gladly help you if you need help.

These are all good recommendations, thanks! I hadn't heard of Illegal Dwemer Trading or the Egg Mine pass.

Anyone else have any last-minute mod recommendations to go in a new version of the pack? I'll try out anything that sounds good.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

So I found a MGE XE Watercolor Shader to go along with the Watercolor Texture pack post earlier, and I really like the results after a bit of tweaking:

You've turned Morrowind into Kingdoms of Amalur. :catstare:

I may have asked this before but are people already working on getting MGE XE into OpenMW or are they waiting for 1.0? Because something like MGE will still be needed for distant land in OpenMW, right?

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

something like MGE will still be needed for distant land in OpenMW, right?

No. There are config files that you can edit to enable distant land and extended view distances in OpenMW now. OpenMW also has improved water shaders. These features aren't yet available in the new OpenSceneGraph port (nightly builds), but you should be able to try them out in v0.36.1 or earlier.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
I agree that the watercolor shader looks like someone just hit "soften image" about two dozen times in Photoshop, but I also try to sell friends to play Morrowind for the first time with original graphics and minimal MGE changes, so I definitely understand that personal preferences vary.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Does the chocolate pack get rid of "leveling" per se? I haven't been told to sleep in order to learn from my experiences once yet.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Does the chocolate pack get rid of "leveling" per se? I haven't been told to sleep in order to learn from my experiences once yet.

The mod GCDLean makes leveling more passive. Skills will increase like normal, and enough levels in skills related to a particular attribute will increase that attribute. After a few attribute increases, you'll gain a level. It's all passive, so you don't need to sleep or distribute points. If you want to increase a main attribute, use the skills that relate to it.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Malsgrein posted:

The mod GCDLean makes leveling more passive. Skills will increase like normal, and enough levels in skills related to a particular attribute will increase that attribute. After a few attribute increases, you'll gain a level. It's all passive, so you don't need to sleep or distribute points. If you want to increase a main attribute, use the skills that relate to it.
Gotcha, thanks!

What's the deal with leaving items around on the ground/in chests? I forgot how long things will stay where you leave them.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Forever, as far as I am aware.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Yeah, only change that can happen to dropped items is that if you drop a monstrous amount in one area the game will conjure up an "overflow loot bag" and move items there, although that only realistically occurs on the console version.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Don't street clutter like the crates and baskets in Balmora respawn their contents eventually?

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Malsgrein posted:

No. There are config files that you can edit to enable distant land and extended view distances in OpenMW now. OpenMW also has improved water shaders. These features aren't yet available in the new OpenSceneGraph port (nightly builds), but you should be able to try them out in v0.36.1 or earlier.

Ah ok, cool.

Are there any general guidelines for adding mods to existing saves? Like, is it a bad idea to start using GDCLean on an old character. I understand it's always best to do a clean start when modding. But I also know adding quests, items and areas are usually fine.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Heavy Lobster posted:

Don't street clutter like the crates and baskets in Balmora respawn their contents eventually?

Yes, a lot of chests aren't 'safe', they respawn. The ground, however, is 100% safe. Nothing you drop will ever despawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Babe Magnet posted:

It probably looks better in motion but to me, from those screenshots, it looks like poo poo lol

Yeah that looks like poop soup.