Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

emanresu tnuocca posted:

In Mufti news, Netanyahu finally climbs down from the tree:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4718627,00.html
That sure took a long time, after Germany came out I think the same day to say "No, really, we totally did this".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Baracula posted:

That video is taken entirely out of context. We don't know what happened before that minute.

He was shot while trying to stab a soldier at a checkpoint.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Ultramega posted:

He was shot while trying to stab a soldier at a checkpoint.

Sounds like a good kill to me.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

hadji murad posted:

Haha you come in with look at the bright side of dangerous holocaust revisionism that is going to get many people killed because it's coming from your side while hurling the most extreme hyperbole at people at the Palestinian side.

I did no such loving thing.

SyHopeful posted:

KJI will figure out how to victim blame.

This active shitposting.

Kim Jong Il fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 31, 2015

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Disinterested posted:

Reasons to shoot an unarmed person writhing on the ground include

I certainly don't think there are any, but then again I don't understand why some people appear to believe that "it was a Zionist colonialist" is a legitimate rationalization for stabbing unarmed people to death, so maybe I just don't have the correct "the Enemy are subhuman and may be slain as such" mindset. :shrug:

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

The Insect Court posted:

I certainly don't think there are any, but then again I don't understand why some people appear to believe that "it was a Zionist colonialist" is a legitimate rationalization for stabbing unarmed people to death, so maybe I just don't have the correct "the Enemy are subhuman and may be slain as such" mindset. :shrug:

Hrm it's almost like it's possible to morally consistently oppose both without favouring one side.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

The Insect Court posted:

Right, you aren't capable of holding onto an opinion for more than the length of time it takes to write your posts (granted, probably upwards of an hour) but I don't understand why you're being self-congratulatory about it?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
This thread does more poorly the more people argue with their hyperbolic conceptions of what other posters post rather than with actual posts. I've been lenient because Jesus Christ the loving Prime Minister was practicing Holocaust denial, we're through the looking glass folks, etc, but I will start dishing out probations again if people keep this up.

Case in point:

SyHopeful posted:

KJI will figure out how to victim blame.

death .cab for qt posted:

"If they weren't victims, they wouldn't need to be blamed" :shepface:

You're shadow-boxing. Knock it off.

Also:

The Insect Court posted:

This kind of whataboutism was not very productive when Soviets and fellow travelers were doing it, and isn't very amusing every single time you do it here. I suggest you find other ways to contribute to the thread.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Disinterested posted:

Hrm it's almost like it's possible to morally consistently oppose both without favouring one side.

Moral precepts should be universal, it does not matter who they are applied to.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Dead Reckoning posted:

Moral precepts should be universal, it does not matter who they are applied to.

I don't think you understand what that post says.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

fellow travelers
Really? Are you going to resurrect "outside agitators" next? (Whoops, that's already a thing)

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

That sure took a long time, after Germany came out I think the same day to say "No, really, we totally did this".

It must have been the best day to work in the German diplomatic corp ever, when they were able to take the high road in a dispute with Israel over the Holocaust. That kind of opportunity can't come around too often.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Comrade Fakename posted:

It must have been the best day to work in the German diplomatic corp ever, when they were able to take the high road in a dispute with Israel over the Holocaust. That kind of opportunity can't come around too often.

I'm pretty sure that's not how they saw it. Some people in here have suggested it was embarassing for the Germans to have to come out and re-assert their guilt; here it's implied there might have been a smug satisfaction. It's neither. Government officials taking responsibility for the holocaust is just routine, public officials have to do it all the time in Germany. Being rude to Israel diplomatically is, however, still fairly haram in Germany because of the holocaust, and so the German statement was exclusively focused on German culpability and not overly directly on Bibi's remarks.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Xander77 posted:

Really? Are you going to resurrect "outside agitators" next? (Whoops, that's already a thing)

Most histories of the early 20th century American left, many of which are written by sympathetic figures, make liberal usage of this term. It doesn't really have a negative connotation at all on this side of the pond.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Stateside I don't recall agitators being used in anything close to a positive light.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

RandomPauI posted:

Stateside I don't recall agitators being used in anything close to a positive light.

He means "fellow travelers".

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
What's the word on Al-Monitor's Shlomi Eldar as a journalist?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/10/israeli-forces-gas-die-151031140951304.html

quote:

Israeli border police have issued a shocking threat to Palestinians in Aida refugee camp, saying, "We will gas you until you die," in an apparent response to stone-throwing.

In a one-minute video of the incident recorded on Thursday by a resident of the West Bank camp, an Israeli border officer speaking in Arabic reads the chilling message over a loudspeaker as an Israeli jeep rolls slowly down the street.

"People of Aida refugee camp, we are the occupation forces. You throw stones, and we will hit you with gas until you all die. The children, the youth, the old people - you will all die. We won't leave any of you alive," the unidentified officer says.

Such an announcement is remarkable in its stated contempt for human life, as well as raising a multitude of grave concerns as to the adherence of Israeli forces to central tenets of international law.

Badil Resource Centre for Palestinian Residency and Refugee Rights

"We have arrested one of you. He is with us now. We took him from his home, and we will slaughter and kill him while you watch if you keep throwing stones," the officer continues, referring to a 25-year-old Palestinian who was arrested on Thursday and subsequently released.

"Go home or we will gas you until you die. Your families, your children, everyone - we will kill you."

:stare: There really is no irony, is there.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
OK, I know what you're thinking, but the gas did not come from a truck, tank engine or canisters, and was not pumped into an enclosed space. Also there was nobody tracking the gassing on IBM punchcards.

I know what you're thinking but don't say it! You're about to cheapen this discourse!

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
5 year over/under on large-scale industrialized mass murder of the palestinian people, place your bets now.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Kim Jong Il posted:

This active shitposting.

All you and IC do is poo poo post. Both of you use the same cowardly tactic of twisting the words of others half the time and the other you simply ignore points you have no way of twisting and deflecting. And you loving know it too. The wretched way you act speaks of people who know they argue in bad faith. But I guess it doesn't matter when your battle was never about facts but instead a way of justifying ethnic hatred.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Did anyone hear anything about those talk Tony Blair was managing with regard to the shipping embargo?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Kim Jong Il posted:

This active shitposting.

I passively shitpost.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Kim Jong Il posted:

This active shitposting.

Please don't sign your posts.

Is it me or has HAMAS been pretty quiet recently? All the news seems to be focused on the west bank because of the temple mount stuff but usually Gaza ties in somehow.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

They're probably referring to ridiculous amounts of tear gas, rather than literal gas chambers - "excessive tear gas inhalation" is one of the primary causes of hospital visits following a Palestinian protest that gets a visit from the IDF.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Yeah, they killed an 8-month old child through tear gas inhalation on Friday.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/30/baby-dies-west-bank-inhaling-teargas-palestinian-ministry-israel

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Regarde Aduck posted:

All you and IC do is poo poo post. Both of you use the same cowardly tactic of twisting the words of others half the time and the other you simply ignore points you have no way of twisting and deflecting. And you loving know it too. The wretched way you act speaks of people who know they argue in bad faith. But I guess it doesn't matter when your battle was never about facts but instead a way of justifying ethnic hatred.

Unlike you, I'm actually debating matters of fact. Actually responding to arguments is "twisting words", great, I guess this post probably needs a trigger warning then. I've never made denigrating comments about any ethnicity, but enjoy your loving lies and made up bullshit.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Kim Jong Il posted:

Unlike you, I'm actually debating matters of fact. Actually responding to arguments is "twisting words", great, I guess this post probably needs a trigger warning then. I've never made denigrating comments about any ethnicity, but enjoy your loving lies and made up bullshit.

At least the upside of all these false accusations against you is all the poo poo posting in the thread will be brought to light.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Kim Jong Il posted:

I don't think you get to revel in being an rear end in a top hat and then complain about people disliking you. There's just a big gap there.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

For what it's worth, I think your general stance doesn't merit responses usually but I can't recall a single instance of you bringing up ethnicity in the sense that guy is talking about. Jesus christ is it that hard to go through someone's post history and provide an example?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Ultramega posted:

For what it's worth, I think your general stance doesn't merit responses usually but I can't recall a single instance of you bringing up ethnicity in the sense that guy is talking about. Jesus christ is it that hard to go through someone's post history and provide an example?

Most of the phone apps don't have a working post history or "filter posts in thread by user" option. So it is kinda hard, not that it's not more likely all "pro-Israel" posters tend to get beliefs assigned to them, rather than responding to their expressed beliefs.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

I was anticipating you using the excuse of "hey i'm phoneposting, sue me". I read pretty much all of robert e. howard's conan novels on a cellphone screen on a lovely nokia razr knockoff so what is your excuse again?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

LeoMarr posted:

2020 Israeli PM Declares Holocaust a Palestinian Hoax.

Considering Netanjahu had the gall to say "We have to fight terrorism like Rabin" I wouldn't put it past him.

According to this article about the 20th anniversary of the assassination of Rabin, Rabin did more for peace with the Palestinians then any Israeli-politician before or after him. Back in 1985, the year Rabin was shot, Netanjahu was his fiercest enemy and the only thing he didn't do was pulling the trigger. That was Jigal Amir, who is still in prison now.

So if Netanjahu takes his word seriously, he would have to do a full 180° and we would be back with the two-state-solution and Israel backing an independent Palestine. Though I think the smart bet would be on him just trying to milk an important event in Israel's history for his own gain.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Hey, look, here's something more interesting than your dumb slapfights about what you think of each other's posting styles

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4718225,00.html

quote:

A Palestinian laborer found a creative way to move around freely in Jerusalem's ultra-Orthodox neighborhoods and avoid harassment following the recent wave of terror: He dressed up as a Hasidic Jew.

Nasser, a maintenance worker at a yeshiva in the Belz neighborhood, asked his Haredi friends to help him avoid racially-motivated attacks by providing him with a prayer shawl and a large black skullcap. He was forced, however, to return to his home in Hebron at his family's request until the situation calmed down.

The Palestinian worker helps worshippers at the synagogue on Minchas Yitzhak Street with cleaning work, renovations and maintenance. On the backdrop of the recent wave of terror, which has been characterized by lone-wolf terrorists, he feared he would be harassed or arrested.

He decided that if he dressed up as a Haredi Jew and disguised his accent, he would be able to able to go on with his work. But the plan was unhelpful.

"The IDF imposed a siege on Palestinian areas, and my family was afraid that I would get hurt and asked me to come home," he said in a phone conversation this week. "I decided to take time off from work. I don’t know if I have a replacement, but I had to return home."

Before he left, his friends documented his disguise as evidence of the atmosphere of fear on the streets among Palestinians workers. According to Nasser, even before he decided to stay home, he was forced to repeatedly deal with roadblocks and delays on his way to work in Jerusalem.

Aside from the obvious, this highlights an oft-overlooked factor: Israeli dependence on low-wage Arab workers. This guy dressed up as a Jew to avoid harassment on his way to his day job of cleaning a synagogue.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Main Paineframe posted:

They're probably referring to ridiculous amounts of tear gas, rather than literal gas chambers - "excessive tear gas inhalation" is one of the primary causes of hospital visits following a Palestinian protest that gets a visit from the IDF.

I know that, but that hardly makes that comment BETTER.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Ultramega posted:

I was anticipating you using the excuse of "hey i'm phoneposting, sue me". I read pretty much all of robert e. howard's conan novels on a cellphone screen on a lovely nokia razr knockoff so what is your excuse again?

Like all people outside the nation of Israel, I seek the annihilation of the religion of Judaism, the ethnicities that have been traditionally associated with Judaism, and the cultural traditions associated with those ethnicities. I plan to do this by believing really hard that Israel does many shitheaded things edit: and also refusing to admit that Arabs are equally bad, as an ethnicity, as the state of Israel is.

In any case, congratulations on reading a suicidal mama's boy on a phone screen.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Yeah anyway, do any of the good posters know anything else about this UN resolution I heard about today that New Zealand and Russia seem to be trying to push regarding a two-state settlement? I think I read about it earlier on al-jazeera america briefly.

Not that I actually think it'll amount to anything with the goddamn USA veto hanging over every single decision of note regarding the conflict but main paineframe tends to be really on point when it comes to linking news articles and stuff pertaining to the topic.

Ultramega fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 1, 2015

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Ultramega posted:

Yeah anyway, do any of the good posters know anything else about this UN resolution I heard about today that New Zealand and Russia seem to be trying to push regarding a two-state settlement? I think I read about it earlier on al-jazeera america briefly.

You little poo poo, you jumped on me, lying about the content of my post, and I responded appropriately for your level of honesty and decency. Hopefully you will someday face the consequences for your behavior, but in the interim, all I can do is sneer.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

God's getting pretty heavy handed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Main Paineframe posted:

Hey, look, here's something more interesting than your dumb slapfights about what you think of each other's posting styles

Boy THAT's not going to kick anybody's paranoia into overdrive. Stealth Palestinian cleaners.

• Locked thread