Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Ernie. posted:

hey asiina, the works has a reese's burger

for everyone else

http://bgr.com/2015/10/29/the-works-reeses-peanut-butter-cup-burger/

why

why would you do that

canada stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Asiina posted:

So early in the movie they establish a set of rules for the thing and come up with a plan to contain the situation, and then basically do everything they can to break every single one of those rules.

I am on my phone so didn't check if this was said already but the thing is an allegory for the cold war and so being doomed by their stupid choices is kinda the point imo

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Cabin in the Woods is amazing.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

What are you guys going out as for american Halloween?

My costume for American Halloween is an unread email

this is a v. triggering costume.

e: though yes the unread email badge is very scary and spooky so it works. good job.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 31, 2015

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Ernie. posted:

for everyone else

no

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Little Mac posted:

Asiina, how can you be annoyed with characters' bad decisions in The Thing but still like the original House on Haunted Hill?

Because acid skeletons are still great.

(My theater company just finished a production of this last weekend, it was a great show)

busb posted:

The rugby world cup grand final is about to start! Turn it on friends!

Would have if any TV stations here carried rugby.

So instead I get Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Ernie. posted:

for everyone else

No thank you.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

QuoProQuid posted:

why

why would you do that

canada stop

CapitalistPig posted:

No thank you.

reese louise you guys

what's with all the negativity

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

I feel like Paranorman would be a good Halloween movie to watch.

Dear Mafia thread, despite not being a sports enjoying person I just got up at 4am to go watch the rugby world cup in a pub.

It owned.

Watching sports with strangers in a pub is a great experience, though in my opinion it sucks in most bars in america.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Mar 27, 2020

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Magnus Gallant posted:

Watching sports with strangers in a pub is a great experience, though in my opinion it sucks in most bars in america.

It was pretty great at this place. It does good food and even though they normally don't do breakfasts, they made an exception for this.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

My costume for American Halloween is an unread email

This isn't the complete costume, but I am doing a pomo Perry the Platypus (because he is my spirit animal always and forever). I have a teal cocktail dress and leggings and I am wearing them with orangey boots and a fedora. Also I added a line of glitter where you can see the false eyelashes.

Heading out to my favorite lovely hipster club, conveniently located two blocks from where I live, where I guess there's gonna be a live band and a bunch of DJs and a costume contest and a lot of beer. Also a poo poo ton of pinball machines. Also I am pregaming with AWESOME CRAFT BEER because Michigan is the best and then I am already pleasantly drunk enough when I get to the club that I can be a cheapass and drink PBR or whatever is cheap all night. This club does specials on Jameson and stuff though and I am going to a brewpub/awesome burger place beforehand. It should be a good night even though the weather is like lovely freezing rain.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Also my favorite Halloween candy is anything that comes in a tiny box (Nerds, Milk Duds) with the notable exception of Dots, which are gross. And I think The Skeleton Key is a tragically underrated creepy movie.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think my headache is the appropriate size for the 5 rounds of floor beer pong I played last night

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

My favorite Halloween candy is whatever's on sale tomorrow.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've soft spot for Smarties, whatever type of candy that can be considered to be. I didn't dress up because I left those customs back in the old (new) country.

Asiina posted:

I was wrong to leave out The Shining though. That movie is interesting because I saw it so many times as a kid of TBS, with scary parts cut out and interspersed with commercials that the first time I watched the full movie in a dark room it was actually quite scary, despite knowing everything that happens. You don't get that with jump scare movies. Once you know where all the LOUD NOISES moments are, they lose their effect.

I don't know how many times I've seen this movie, probably at least 10 or so. The thing is I first saw it as a kid and while it creeped me out I didn't find it terribly scary. Mind you we hardly see any death in the movie at all. As an adult the movie is unnerving as gently caress. The music is spectacular as are the shots and I really think that the false doors and hallways subconsciously work their magic to make everything just seem wrong. Nothing beats it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I don't like horror. Scary movies, scary tv shows, scary books, even horror comedy - it's just not my thing. I'm not emotionally fragile or anything, I just kind of have, idk, extreme empathy, even for fictional characters. It's the same reason I don't really like cringe comedy. It almost gives me physical pain watching people suffer in those kinds of fiction for some reason.

Also, I've never had chocolate on a burger, but peanut butter burgers (goober burgers) are delicious and I would have one at anytime.

My sister was awesome and got me a bag of those bite-size candy bar variety packs. :3: She is my favorite sister, regardless of the fact that she is my only sibling.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm spending Halloween at my parents playing CK2 and watching LPs and receiving TLC like I'm a kid again and it's been delightful

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
BK I also have that kind of empathy that it makes some shows and movies extremely hard to watch. It took me forever to get into the US version of the office and only managed it because they had moments of genuine emotion once in a while that broke up all the cringe. I can't watch the UK version and other similarly cringey shows. I also was completely incapable of watching bridesmaids. Got about 15 minutes into that movie.

In other news went out to The Keg for dinner which is a fairly nice restaurant and reasonably expensive. Got my steak and veggies, but the veggies were basically completely raw, so I sent it back while feeling bad. When they brought it back the veggies were still mostly raw but I figured whatever, I'll just not eat them. Then I had some of my steak and there was a huge piece of sinew and white fat in the middle. It was totally inedible. I didn't want to send it back again, but also didn't want to pay $35 for food I was not able to eat at all. Ended up sending it back and the manager not only comped my meal but my mom's as well, while letting me order something else, which I got to go since even the little bit of food was enough to make me full for the moment. I ordered again before knowing she wasn't going to charge us anything. It was a very ridiculous dinner and super awkward, but basically we got a $70 meal for free.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Nice free food rules

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

BK I also have that kind of empathy that it makes some shows and movies extremely hard to watch. It took me forever to get into the US version of the office and only managed it because they had moments of genuine emotion once in a while that broke up all the cringe. I can't watch the UK version and other similarly cringey shows. I also was completely incapable of watching bridesmaids. Got about 15 minutes into that movie.

In other news went out to The Keg for dinner which is a fairly nice restaurant and reasonably expensive. Got my steak and veggies, but the veggies were basically completely raw, so I sent it back while feeling bad. When they brought it back the veggies were still mostly raw but I figured whatever, I'll just not eat them. Then I had some of my steak and there was a huge piece of sinew and white fat in the middle. It was totally inedible. I didn't want to send it back again, but also didn't want to pay $35 for food I was not able to eat at all. Ended up sending it back and the manager not only comped my meal but my mom's as well, while letting me order something else, which I got to go since even the little bit of food was enough to make me full for the moment. I ordered again before knowing she wasn't going to charge us anything. It was a very ridiculous dinner and super awkward, but basically we got a $70 meal for free.

Yeah that is a perfect example. I watched the office every now and again and it's not as if I don't understand the comedy there, it's just sometimes difficult to laugh at some fictional character's stupidity or frustration. Haven't watched bridesmaids but I can see how it's that sort of movie. Also there's stuff like Malcolm in the Middle where there's a lot of cringey comedy but it's all so over the top and clever that I don't mind at all. It's a weird line!

And yeah I never like sending stuff back but I also know that if a place gives me a bad meal I'm less likely to go there again, so it's a little bit of short-term awkwardness for a long-term gain both for you and the restaurant!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EccoRaven posted:

quote this post and tell me your favorite halloween candy I will tell you what Ideal Archetypal Halloween Monster you are

e.g.: butterscotch; a witch.

Caramel cubes (that I call squares because that's what I called them as a child)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Staying in, but my wife dressed up our dog as a "rufferee" and then asked me to put on my ref uniform so we could take a picture together. I've left it on rather than not being dressed up at all for when people come by.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

quote this post and tell me your favorite halloween candy I will tell you what Ideal Archetypal Halloween Monster you are

e.g.: butterscotch; a witch.

Those vanilla flavored tootsies

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

quote this post and I will tell you what scooby doo villain you are.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

BottleKnight posted:

Sure, okay.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

Sure, okay.

You are Ben Bing, who dressed up as a possessed viking mannequin in order to steal money.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BottleKnight posted:

In

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

You are Lord Infernicus, a fire skeleton from one of Scooby's dreams.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

BottleKnight posted:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tommunist posted:

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You are Sammy the Shrimp.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So my mom went to bed early, what scary movie should I watch on this halloween night?

Requirements: a minimum of blood/gore, no or extremely few jump scares.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Session 9 is one of my favourites, no real jump scares and very little gore

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Asiina posted:

So my mom went to bed early, what scary movie should I watch on this halloween night?

The Ring
Rosemary's Baby
Misery
Black Swan (Is this considered a horror movie?)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

Scooby-Doo

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island > Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost > Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase > Scooby Doo and the Loch Ness Monster > Scooby Doo and the Alien Invaders

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 1, 2015

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I haven't watched it yet, but I bought this on DVD based solely on this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0vBRdplSps

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island > Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost > Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase > Scooby Doo and the Loch Ness Monster > Scooby Doo and the Alien Invaders

Witch's Ghost is my personal fave!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

The Ring
Rosemary's Baby
Misery
Black Swan (Is this considered a horror movie?)

I have seen all of these and they are quality films.

Scooby-Doo is for dumb babies.

Opopanax posted:

Session 9 is one of my favourites, no real jump scares and very little gore

I will try this, but the description makes me think it might be 2spooky4me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

BottleKnight posted:

Witch's Ghost is my personal fave!

I liked not-Stephen King, but thought the twist at the end was too much of a retread of Zombie Island.

Also, I'm not a fan of the Hex Girls (and we're gonna put a spell on yooooouuuu...)