Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Skandranon posted:

I see you don't have the cataclysm one. You are an embarrassment to your kin.

poo poo man, this ravaged body can't handle cataclysm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
How the hell did you finish Wheat and Chaff nightmare?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Megafunk posted:

Only the darkest of magicks... He has disgraced himself in the eyes of Sigmar.

Chaos341
Aug 13, 2010
Edit: Nevermind I'm an idiot

VV Thanks

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Goonintide

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Donnerberg posted:

My life is complete.

Joining a pubbie Hard game and seeing the host only has the Easy banner up is a good indicator to get the gently caress out of that game

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Skandranon posted:

I see you don't have the cataclysm one. You are an embarrassment to your kin.

Is that enough to be forced on a slayer job path? I've done the bare amount of googling for what that means.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I still don't have any banners since I've yet to do the white rat.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Megafunk posted:

I think it was entirely down to luck. Storm vermin came in safe numbers after a dozen tries. The Well map was the worst by far.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Donnerberg posted:

I think it was entirely down to luck. Storm vermin came in safe numbers after a dozen tries. The Well map was the worst by far.

The well is surprisingly hard considering its literally "sit in one spot, mow down the skaven coming from 2 directions, tops". Its probably the lack of healing supplies.

You're gonna be pissed when W&C gets made easier after a couple more patches.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

dogstile posted:

The well is surprisingly hard considering its literally "sit in one spot, mow down the skaven coming from 2 directions, tops". Its probably the lack of healing supplies.

You're gonna be pissed when W&C gets made easier after a couple more patches.

The thing with the well is that you are in the open and those two directions are a lot of frontage. It's also literally "sit in the open in an area you would be running the hell away from and deserve a wipe for getting caught in on any other level".

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Had an idea while hacking through rats a bit ago.

Rather than just getting nothing when you lose a run, how about doling out small amounts of loot dice for reaching certain checkpoints? Say something like this:

2-4 Checkpoints - 1 (Standard) Loot die each,
Finish the mission/map - full Standard Loot Dice (plus tomes/grimoires swapping them out

As an example, Horn of Magnus: Gunpowder Barrel Area and reaching the Tower of Magnus. Maybe just past the pigpens too.

At least you'd get some trash whites (and maybe greens) for a decent failure that way. It just kinda sucks to slog through an entire mission, get murdered just before the finish line due to bad luck/one mistake and then get nothing for a half-hour of effort.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 31, 2015

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Has anyone found any guides or fixes for stability issues? I'm getting constant crashes (loading into maps, loading into the inn, mid game, etc) It's getting to the point I don't want to jump in a game because there is like 75% chance at one point in the run everyone is going to have to stop for a few minutes while I attempt to reconnect. Sucks, because I'm really liking this game.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.
My computer turned into a grill because of that game. I have a frame limiter on and vsync too. I even lowered some of the most resourceful settings and I still get overheats after hour of gameplay or so. Even arma3 not so bad now.

E: I should start applying ribs to my computer. :D

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I guess I'll scale some things back. If you're in game with Dungeons&DragQueens and I'm crashing a lot, I apologize in advance!

EDIT: Nope! 3 crashes in 5 minutes. I guess I'll have to take a break from this game for a while.

code:
GUID: 1a1060be-b37c-4e9e-ab90-678b69222d8b
Log File: 5msoza5p.rfo
Info Type: Vermintide/LL/CL/CD
-----------------------------------------------
[Engine Error]:  Access violation (0xc0000005) 
in build 71e93ac5be6f
    accessing 

address 00000000 from 747475B9

[Crash Link]:
[url]http://crashify.i.fatshark.se/index/guid/1a1060be-b37c-4e9e-ab90-678b69222d8b[/url]

GUID: 11bae2f1-0913-4284-b2c0-a932d85ef714
Log File: gnv1rq5t.x4q
Info Type: Vermintide/LL/CL

[Crash Link]:
[url]http://crashify.i.fatshark.se/index/guid/11bae2f1-0913-4284-b2c0-a932d85ef714[/url]

GUID: bc0a123f-15be-426a-a798-700cb9d28721
Log File: herkpbcy.ust
[Engine Error]:  Access violation (0xc0000005) in build 71e93ac5be6f

accessing address 00000000 from 00000000

[Crash Link]:
[url]http://crashify.i.fatshark.se/index/guid/bc0a123f-15be-426a-a798-700cb9d28721[/url]

GUID: 6acbfe5c-841c-44d3-aba6-b65edba85f4b
Log File: ieimruhd.sja
[Engine Error]:  Access violation (0xc0000005) in build 71e93ac5be6f

accessing address 00000000 from 652075B9

[Crash Link]:
[url]http://crashify.i.fatshark.se/index/guid/6acbfe5c-841c-44d3-aba6-b65edba85f4b[/url]
I've reverified a few times, I'll try to reinstall right now.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Inside Out Mom fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 31, 2015

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Did you try verifying your steam cache / reinstalling

I had some crash problems in the pre-release beta, but haven't crashed to desktop once since retail

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I just noticed when you roll the dice and get a flaming sword the icon is literally a sword that is on fire. A weapon and a circle is a shield+that weapon. Is there a list of all the icons so I know what weapons I even had a chance at getting? I thought I read there were like 6 magic staves but I only keep getting bolt cage and shrieker. I tossed the starting fireball staff into a fuse pot and GOD drat DO I REGRET THIS. Even a white fireball staff is fine. Give me back my fireball staff.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
im kinda on the fence about this game it seems ok but the last coop game i got was pay day 2 and that died out ultra fast and everyone started stealthing only and im scared this game would turn out the same

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I guarantee people are not going to start stealthing this game.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The only time "Stealth" is a factor is when your group evades a patrol of 6-8 heavily armored rats who will gently caress you up if you're not prepared. The rest of the time, its wading through rats blades and hammers swinging.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
People are trying to find easy and exploitable ways to finish levels with the minimum effort and time but the devs have been on-point about fixing their mistakes so far.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
I hope I don't get banned for running SweetFX because it makes this game look great. I hope it isn't instigating any of my crashes, but I had just as many before sweetFX.

Magnus Venator
Jul 17, 2006

Trekker på 1/5 sek. Svak for kvinner og hasard. Nervøs, innesluttet, med psykopatiske trekk.
The most effective 'exploit' right now that isn't boring is joining a game in progress. And this is the fix to that one as well:

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Rather than just getting nothing when you lose a run, how about doling out small amounts of loot dice for reaching certain checkpoints? Say something like this:

2-4 Checkpoints - 1 (Standard) Loot die each,
Finish the mission/map - full Standard Loot Dice (plus tomes/grimoires swapping them out

So if you join Magnus just as it finishes, you get the finale bonus, not the full amount for joining and playing for one minute.

Might even fix the problem with pubs kicking at the end of a run...

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Agrajag posted:

im kinda on the fence about this game it seems ok but the last coop game i got was pay day 2 and that died out ultra fast and everyone started stealthing only and im scared this game would turn out the same

Uhhh...i don't know who you are/were hanging out with (pubbies I suppose) but payday 2 is still alive and kicking. And there's a decided lack of people who want to play stealth. Get thee to the cts mumble and to the SA thread.

Back on topic, how similar is this to shootcop? I'm seeing a lot of gear talk, is that the main form of progression?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Hamburger Test posted:

Your fixation on elves is disturbing, are you secretly an elf?

Your words disgust me and amount to heresy. As a citizen of the empire it is all our duty to distrust and hate elves. Nay as a citizen of the world. gently caress elves.

Ulvirich posted:

Looking for those interested in working on nightmare difficulty campaign for completion this weekend. Tomorrow, I should be around in the afternoon (1 PM or later CST), and late evening-early morning starting around 9 PM after the kiddos stop trick or treating. Expect lots of rats, bring your own weapon.

You'll have oval office SMASHER at your side come Sunday.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Magnus Venator posted:

The most effective 'exploit' right now that isn't boring is joining a game in progress. And this is the fix to that one as well:

So if you join Magnus just as it finishes, you get the finale bonus, not the full amount for joining and playing for one minute.

Might even fix the problem with pubs kicking at the end of a run...

This is complicated by things like grimoires and tomes. If you join near the end of Horn where 2 grimoires are being carried, you still suffer the cost of carrying them through to the end. You also don't want to create any disincentive to people joining a game in progress, as there is a good chance the 3 remaining people WANT someone to join if they lose someone for some reason. I think it's best to just not worry about people who flit between games trying to find a 5 minute win. The cure would be worse than the disease.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Drewjitsu posted:

Uhhh...i don't know who you are/were hanging out with (pubbies I suppose) but payday 2 is still alive and kicking. And there's a decided lack of people who want to play stealth. Get thee to the cts mumble and to the SA thread.

Back on topic, how similar is this to shootcop? I'm seeing a lot of gear talk, is that the main form of progression?

Yes. It's also not like Paydude. At the end of the mission, you roll dice to see what gear you get from it. You can do some secondary objectives to load the dice to 'hit', but it doesn't change the fact that the dice roll, you get hits, and that determines your loot. Generally speaking more hits are better, but sometimes you get one more hit than you wanted and you pass by some good gear for a character you play to get some gear for a character you don't give a poo poo about (and thus is bad regardless of how good it is).

There are no skill points and levels simply give you more random gear, that is all of bad to middling quality.

The experience is very very different from Paydude. The game is generally much harder and more tight-fisted with all rewards. This is okay in that gear is not really required up to Hard level, but on Nightmare you start to feel it and on Cataclysm, the hardest level, synergistic gear is absolutely required. It's also kind of frustrating to play the game for a long time and not get an upgrade that you're interested in, purely because you have no agency on when it shows up.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

After trying them some more, I actually don't think the elf's dual daggers are poo poo. She moves a lot with each attack and it lets you kinda skirmish around stabbing the gently caress out of rats, and they waste stormvermin well.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Lotta people showing off banners. I've noticed several things different. Everytime I go back to my place it has more candles and poo poo going on I swear. More skulls too. I also have a giant skull hanging above my banners lit up by candles.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 31, 2015

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tokubetsu posted:

It's not bad but hard to compete when you're teammates have already blasted the special or stormvermin away with some godlike hand canon by time you let go a draw.

This goes back to my previous post. Only when you fully embrace the inner Legolas will you truly be set free. ;)

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Tokubetsu posted:

It's not bad but hard to compete when you're teammates have already blasted the special or stormvermin away with some godlike hand canon by time you let go a draw.

If you hold the Trueflight down until the Rat gets a red outline it'll shoot two targets, maybe more. Then use that to thin out waves at range with speed.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

There's still something I don't know about, hoping someone here has an answer. When playing the BW, the little white indicators on the heat bendy-bar... what do they mean? Does being on fire above or below the indicators do anything in particular?

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
If you vent below those indicators you don't take any damage and if you vent above them you take damage every tick of venting above the indicators.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

There's also an audible stinger cue for crossing the line, and another for when you've cooled down completely. I just thought it was ambient sounds.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So Kruber's warhammer, does it only do AP on regular swings? The Dwarfen hammer does AP on both normal and special swings.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

So Kruber's warhammer, does it only do AP on regular swings? The Dwarfen hammer does AP on both normal and special swings.

Looks like it does armor piercing on normal and charged attacks. If you go to your inventory and look at the Compare section on the right it'll tell you any special attributes a weapon does on a normal or charged attack in green text.

vehn
Feb 22, 2011
game pretty fun yo

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Looks like it does armor piercing on normal and charged attacks. If you go to your inventory and look at the Compare section on the right it'll tell you any special attributes a weapon does on a normal or charged attack in green text.

Most of the two-handers has this ability. One handed axes do as well because they lack a swipe combo on their basic attack, I believe this is also true for the axe and shield.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Axe+Shield is the most satisfying/fun Shield set to use IMO. I think its mostly because you send limbs/heads flying frequently with axe strikes when attacking singular/small amounts of rats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

DaveKap posted:

There's still something I don't know about, hoping someone here has an answer. When playing the BW, the little white indicators on the heat bendy-bar... what do they mean? Does being on fire above or below the indicators do anything in particular?

ps am no frog posted:

If you vent below those indicators you don't take any damage and if you vent above them you take damage every tick of venting above the indicators.

A similar question is what the hell the bar by the staff itself means. It doesn't look like it correlates to the indicators, since I can fill up the bar by my staff and vent before hitting the indicators, and that bar stays full. I thought it was a heat indicator for when you're not using the staff but it seems to drain much slower than the overcharge bar.

• Locked thread