Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aesop Poprock posted:

How can he possibly believe this in a world where Bobby Heenan and Paul Heyman exist?

Every time I've heard him make that point he makes it clear that he thinks Paul and Bobby were great, but he feels like if you're selling how it feels to be in the ring with a guy like Undertaker or talking about why you'd work a hold, you want a guy who has credibility in the ring. Basically the same reason you have ex-players doing colour for real sports. Like I said, I don't agree, but I get the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I want Samoa Joe in the HOF because he's my favorite wrestler. I personally don't care about facts, I just want my big video game lovin' submission machine to get recognition.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Davey Richards rules in many ways

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

oatgan posted:

i love his promos

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

oatgan posted:

Most of me is happy that Davey seems to have gotten his crap together, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss all the stories of him being a big doofus.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

davey richards has been known to go to the homes of the families of people he services as an EMT and spend an entire day comforting them in the event that said servicee perishes, bookings be damned. if that's not worthy of the HOF then nothing is

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

epitasis posted:

davey richards has been known to go to the homes of the families of people he services as an EMT and spend an entire day comforting them in the event that said servicee perishes, bookings be damned. if that's not worthy of the HOF then nothing is

Does he really do that?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

He missed a TNA show because of it, didn't he?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Every time I've heard him make that point he makes it clear that he thinks Paul and Bobby were great, but he feels like if you're selling how it feels to be in the ring with a guy like Undertaker or talking about why you'd work a hold, you want a guy who has credibility in the ring. Basically the same reason you have ex-players doing colour for real sports. Like I said, I don't agree, but I get the point.

And to be fair, both did their fair share of in-ring work, especially Bobby in the 70s before the neck injury.

But most ex-athletes are garbage in the booth, especially in football. His point is kind of dumb.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Heenan was a wrestler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CojRh0j_z_g

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 30, 2015

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Grantland just got shuttered, effective immediately.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hotter now than ever

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Please don't let the Masked Man return, Deadspin, he is the worst

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I hope Cheat Heat survives in some form or another.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Seams posted:

I hope Cheat Heat survives in some form or another.

Time to make it part of the Pisscast empire.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Time to make it part of the Pisscast empire.

I would listen to a podcast where Manflurry berates Shoemaker for an hour every week.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If Davey has changed his ways then that's a different story otherwise the only time I'd vote for him is when I'd also vote for Roderick Strong and that's in a poll of who should be shot from a cannon into Satan's butthole

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
F4W should hire Shoemaker and have him post on the Board

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Mob posted:

If Davey has changed his ways then that's a different story otherwise the only time I'd vote for him is when I'd also vote for Roderick Strong and that's in a poll of who should be shot from a cannon into Satan's butthole

Roderick Strong would give Satan's butthole some rad loving backbreakers

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

yeah well if he's rude to Melissa Santos again I'll suplex him so hard he works himself into a shoot

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Fluffdaddy posted:

And to be fair, both did their fair share of in-ring work, especially Bobby in the 70s before the neck injury.

But most ex-athletes are garbage in the booth, especially in football. His point is kind of dumb.

3 of the 4 networks employ top color commentators had successful pro careers. The fourth had a college career followed by a successful coaching career.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Alain Post posted:

F4W should hire Shoemaker and have him post on the Board

I would def. be down with Shoemaker replacing Craig on B&V

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Retromancer posted:

I would def. be down with Shoemaker replacing Craig on B&V

"Interesting matchup as both Alex Wright and Super Calo are Dominican"

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

ayn rand hand job posted:

3 of the 4 networks employ top color commentators had successful pro careers. The fourth had a college career followed by a successful coaching career.

Thats true, but Chris Collinsworth and Phil Simms both suck. Gruden is decent. But I don't think it should be a requirement.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Phil Simms is literally the dumbest announcer I have ever heard in my life

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Benne posted:

Phil Simms is literally the dumbest announcer I have ever heard in my life

how easily you forget "BACKBACKBACKBACKBACKBACK"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

ch3cooh posted:

how easily you forget "BACKBACKBACKBACKBACKBACK"

Chris Berman has been a gimmick caricature for decades. Phil Simms sounds like he legit believes the dumb poo poo that comes out of his mouth.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I find it a lot more fun to listen to a legitimate idiot saying incredibly dumb things rather than the human equivalent of a Rock-afire Explosion animatronic. But yeah Phil is dumber by a lot.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
JEFF BROWN PAPER BAGWELL BACK BACK BACK BACK WHOOOOOOOOP JAKE DAYLIGHT COMING AND YOU GOTTA DELHOMME

Chris Berman is terrible.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
RUMBLIN STUMBLIN FUMBLIN WHOOOP THE RAAAAIIIIIIDDEEEERRRSSS

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

MIKE ALSTOTT (boom boom boom)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The national football league

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

MIKE ALSTOTT (boom boom boom)

Its MIKE YOU'RE IN GOOD HANDS WITH ALSTOTT

get it right dude

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
WE GOT A FLYIN' ____ MAGGLE

I LOVE IT

oh sorry wrong annoying cartoon character

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

sportsgenius86 posted:

Its MIKE YOU'RE IN GOOD HANDS WITH ALSTOTT

get it right dude

all I know is what NFL 2K5 featuring Virtual Berman yelling about Mike Alstott for the Xbox tells me

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Wrestling is dumb but nothing in it is as bad as a bunch of failed coaches turned analysts calling it the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE every week with reverence in their eyes.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Glamorama26 posted:

Wrestling is dumb but nothing in it is as bad as a bunch of failed coaches turned analysts calling it the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE every week with reverence in their eyes.

There has to be some kind of Vince like mandate from Goodell because I never hear a commentator ever call it just the NFL.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

cronox2 posted:

There has to be some kind of Vince like mandate from Goodell because I never hear a commentator ever call it just the NFL.

not really it's just that all commentators all think "more syllables = sound smarter."

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
bryan alvarez doesn't understand what a downside is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Retromancer posted:

not really it's just that all commentators all think "more syllables = sound smarter."

There is no actual analysis so saying the entire name of the sports league fills time.

Spermgod posted:

bryan alvarez doesn't understand what a downside is

This man is going to be a father soon and doesn't know a lot of things.

Cactus Jack fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 1, 2015

• Locked thread