Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
So what if it's possible, doesn't mean Beth can get her poo poo together and make it work. These are the people who took flying and levitation out of Elder Scrolls because it's too hard to make cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Vikar Jerome posted:

which reminds me, is there a subway in boston? and i don't mean that poo poo pedophile sandwich artist shop either.

It's entirely straight lines laid out in a logical and sane manner. Which is to say, not fit for a Bethesda game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Boogaleeboo posted:

It's entirely straight lines laid out in a logical and sane manner. Which is to say, not fit for a Bethesda game.

"Uh, well you see, Raiders and Radiation and Vault Tech played around with them and now they're all over the place. It just works."

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Vikar Jerome posted:

its the same engine as skyrim with some extra shaders thrown him. shadows will work just like they did there. (broken and stripey all over)

i don't give a gently caress, bethesda games since the dawn of time have all looked like poo poo and they've slowly lost the ability to write with each game and their skill/rpgs system slowly erodes away with time too. the only thing they seem to keep being good at is the joy of exploration.

which reminds me, is there a subway in boston? and i don't mean that poo poo pedophile sandwich artist shop either.

There's a fairly big subway network in Boston. And for some reason I like how it smells.
So expect more annoying DC-like metro mazes.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Rewatching the Big League perk trailer, I noticed that the doors on some of the buildings are all boarded up so they can't be entered. :(

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Magmarashi posted:

I take it from your previous post that you might possibly have a copy of it, yes?

yes I managed to find a shop that broke the street date.

The pipboy light is why we're not seeing shadows in that bunker and bobble head picture - it has this weird flat light. The pipboy in 3 and NV had the same effect.

the shadows are adequate, they're nowhere near TW3 levels. but it looks fine for a bethesda game, don't go
In expecting the future of shadow tech.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Please post story spoilers.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
pipboy light now makes total sense, completely forgot that was a thing.

post the perk list please. cheat and ruin your game if you have to.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

Please post story spoilers.

The writers still aren't very good and that is why it doesn't come up in the hype propaganda

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

@Yaos
Honestly, that sounds fine to me. If Beth still have separated interior and exterior cells, it'd get annoying fast having to load between a billion copy-paste assets. At least with boarded-up doors, you know when you find an open one it's gonna mean something.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

de_dust posted:

The pipboy light is why we're not seeing shadows in that bunker and bobble head picture - it has this weird flat light. The pipboy in 3 and NV had the same effect.

the shadows are adequate, they're nowhere near TW3 levels. but it looks fine for a bethesda game, don't go

Can you post all the perks so I can meticulously plan my character over the next 10 days? Thanks

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

anatomi posted:

@Yaos
Honestly, that sounds fine to me. If Beth still have separated interior and exterior cells, it'd get annoying fast having to load between a billion copy-paste assets. At least with boarded-up doors, you know when you find an open one it's gonna mean something.

They've said that most interiors are part of the exterior space. It's mostly the really complex interiors (one example given is the museum where the Minutemen gang hang out) that are separate cells.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

de_dust posted:

What about outdoor shadows? Is the rendering distance simply very small and that's why we don't see any in the PS3 screen vs trailer footage?

@Moki - that's neat!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Immediately go into Luck and tell us WHAT THE gently caress LUCK 5 IS?!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Post them perk dets.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Boogaleeboo posted:

Immediately go into Luck and tell us WHAT THE gently caress LUCK 5 IS?!

This is the only thing I care about. I really need to know, it's driving me crazy.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

That lamp isn't on :ssh:

Oooooh, I see...so it's a hologram and the glare on the wall is shining through the lamp, then reflecting off the surface of the table...
should I spoiler tag that?

i am harry fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 31, 2015

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

de_dust posted:

Hey, have you gotten the power armor yet? is it restricted to only certain sections of the game like during X mission in X part or is it something you can use pretty freely?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

i am harry posted:

Oooooh, I see...so it's a hologram and the glare on the wall is shining through the lamp, then reflecting off the surface of the table...
should I spoiler tag that?

What if its a ceiling light with directed lights?

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Rrussom posted:

Hey, have you gotten the power armor yet? is it restricted to only certain sections of the game like during X mission in X part or is it something you can use pretty freely?

not yet. I've only done the pre-war and leaving the vault bits.

my GIRLFRIEND is hosting a Halloween party at my place so sadly no John fallout for me tonight, but I'll delve into the perk list and take some screenshots with shadows tomorrow

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Jobbo_Fett posted:

What if its a ceiling light with directed lights?

This would have required critical application of thought instead of just assuming you were an idiot

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

de_dust posted:

my GIRLFRIEND is hosting a Halloween party at my place so sadly no John fallout for me tonight, but I'll delve into the perk list and take some screenshots with shadows tomorrow

Str-Stream aswell?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Rrussom posted:

Str-Stream aswell?

That's a good way to get banned on twitch/wherever

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

de_dust posted:

dump your girlfriend, this is more important.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

loving lol sending copies to streamers

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

Bholder posted:

That's a good way to get banned on twitch/wherever

There was this russian site that didnt give a gently caress about that, someone marathon-ed MGSV on it before release and used hitbox for the chat.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm excited to play this game

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
Wouldn't surprise me if the Xbox One version looks better at release due to reasons. Aren't Microsoft advertising the hell out of it and trying to claim it as their own? Same deal with F3, there were graphical effects that were missing and weren't patched in until after release. http://kotaku.com/5164596/fallout-3-patch-makes-radroaches-shinier

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Some new screenshots, PNG this time:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Ingram posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if the Xbox One version looks better at release due to reasons. Aren't Microsoft advertising the hell out of it and trying to claim it as their own? Same deal with F3, there were graphical effects that were missing and weren't patched in until after release. http://kotaku.com/5164596/fallout-3-patch-makes-radroaches-shinier

It'll be lower res than the PS4 version or have settings turned down.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Daztek posted:

HATE SHADOWS

Oh good, there are Vorlons in this game.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

ymgve posted:

Good, HUD color changing is still there.

Also, I assume that red marker on the HP bar is crippled health indicator?

Edit: What's the wire going into the lower back of the vault suit for?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

ymgve posted:

Who cares? Why is anyone posting anything that's not the perks. Such a frustrating leak.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The only thing I want to know is if that Prima guide screw up about craftable vehicles is true or not.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I thought they gave it to Microsoft last generation because around that time the 360 was technically the more widespread and popular console. Which would make pulling a PS3 for the PS4 really gently caress over Bethesda's console plans.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Inverness posted:

There's some sort of decorative tech belt/harness on the 111 vault suit.

That second batch of screenshots is a LOT nicer and still seems to be on PS4 going by the controls.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

ymgve posted:

Thanks.
Much crisper. Much more detailed than I expected.
Distant objects and terrain still looks like doodoo though.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Inverness posted:

Good, HUD color changing is still there.

Also, I assume that red marker on the HP bar is crippled health indicator?

I think it's the new radiation penalty.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Daztek posted:

The only thing I want to know is if that Prima guide screw up about craftable vehicles is true or not.

I imagine if it is true then it'll be something you unlock a little bit into the game. Either because there'll be some sort of material required that'll be quite rare or it's just something you unlock through progression in the main quest or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Eiba posted:

Who cares? Why is anyone posting anything that's not the perks. Such a frustrating leak.

I care. I care a lot

e:glad it's a female SS this time

• Locked thread