Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Does the Greed money machine only go up to 100ish? I was trying to max it out with a Glitter Bombs/Bombs within Bombs thing, and after feeding in like 100 the machine blew up. I did another run afterwards, it's still blown up. Is that just the equivalent of maxing out?

Maha posted:

Do dice rooms work on fixed-item challenges like brains/blue bomber?

They won't unblindfold you, I lost a Blue Bomber one because I assumed it would and I had no way to damage enemies past my next 13 bombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

ohrwurm posted:

I really hate the flooded caves. I get hit so many times trying to dodge because you can't tell where to walk. It's completely frustrating.

Do you have the bug where the floor textures don't show up properly? It looks fine in my game. Also that floor has the best music hands down.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I'm pretty sure Lilith isn't supposed to just come with her chest right off the bat, since beating Moms Heart/It Lives with her unlocks the achievement for it. And I was watching a stream where the dude got a few blank runes during his run and then after beating the run unlocked said blank rune.

Something tells me items are showing up that shouldn't be~

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
drat that speed challenge but I beat it thanks to Brimstone.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is Afterbirth like Wrath of the Lamb in that it seems to be balanced around having a lot of the stuff already unlocked? I only beat Mom once on the Rebirth PS4.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Beating either of the new bosses does that for some reason. Probably a bug.

that's weird. is it just a chance of happening? I've beat both of them but that hasn't happened to me

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Carbon dioxide posted:

Where is it? I picked up the Spelunker's hat from a greed mode treasure room and didn't see any secret room appear anywhere.

Both time is was the far left wall of the shop. Like I said it it takes you to an inescapable room, so I'm sure it's a glitch room

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
:supaburn: libra+quad shot+my relfection+cricket's body+a fuckton of tear effects

ohrwurm posted:

I really hate the flooded caves. I get hit so many times trying to dodge because you can't tell where to walk. It's completely frustrating.
You're definitely supposed to be able to tell where you can walk, I remember some poster in this thread mentioned they had a bug where they couldn't see the ground. Might be what's happening to you?

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
These challenges are bullshit wow. I'd have a better chance at surviving the Guardian challenge if the heart just stayed still but the poo poo AI just walks to the closest enemy and I can't kill em fast enough

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Lost in greed mode is definitely doable but it's the Hush that I just see myself having a hell of a time with. Getting to him to begin with will be a trial but actually making it through that mess and not getting hit once or even twice jesus.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Unlucky7 posted:

Is Afterbirth like Wrath of the Lamb in that it seems to be balanced around having a lot of the stuff already unlocked? I only beat Mom once on the Rebirth PS4.

I've started a new save file and so far, the lack of overpowered unlocks hasn't been a problem. Afterbirth definitely feels more RNG-dependent than vanilla Isaac, though. There are rooms where you need good DPS to make it without getting hit, and the new bosses are all much more powerful than the older ones.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I should have read a bit more of this thread before diving into today's Challenge Run. It was going outrageously well. The first big room dropped a Card Against Humanity, the second poop contained a Petrified Poop, and it didn't take long to rack up my score after that. I couldn't make it to the first boss rush though and I figure I lost a ton of points there.

Then I beat It Lives and found another boss rush, awesome! Maybe I can make up for the loss in points in this one? I entered it and the game crashed. When I reloaded the game, I found that it ended my entire run with a score of 0 and wouldn't allow me to attempt it again :negative:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Lost in greed mode is definitely doable but it's the Hush that I just see myself having a hell of a time with. Getting to him to begin with will be a trial but actually making it through that mess and not getting hit once or even twice jesus.

the problem is his absurd health more than his attacks, really. a chaos card or gnawed leaf/daddy longlegs still easily win that fight if you can get them but fighting it for real would be loving nerve wracking

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Unlucky7 posted:

I would say that's better about that than WOTL was. WOTL kind of screwed with the balance of the original game hard. Afterbirth makes some adjustments, but most of the new stuff is side content, not something added to the end.

Manatee Cannon posted:

the problem is his absurd health more than his attacks, really. a chaos card or gnawed leaf/daddy longlegs still easily win that fight if you can get them but fighting it for real would be loving nerve wracking

Yeah, I can't imagine surviving through all that without making a single mistake. Unless you got like 3 orbitals or something at that point. Gnawed Leaf + Daddy Long Legs would work for that boss, but it wouldn't work for Ultra Greed since he can heal himself. Though Ultra Greed is actually pretty doable. His attacks have a lot of leeway for the most part.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah I forgot about Chaos Card that's how it's gonna have to be done probably. And yeah it's his health that's just so ridiculous I mean. You can't just knock him out in a couple hits even if you're overpowered.

On another note I'm a little disappointed that when I glance at the new achievements like half of them are "Unlock new co op baby" that i'll never use. Isaac co op is a nice novelty but not something I would do regularly, and I imagine that's the case for most people.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Oxyclean posted:

Dang, so not only will monstro's lung combo with epic fetus to create a 3-5 missile barrage, but epic fetus (and regular fetus I assume) will combo with glitter bombs for infinite prizes. I was able to fish for a joker card on the chest which netted me the 2nd piece of the key so I was able to do Hush and Mega Satan in a single run. :woop:

I got the Dr. Fetus+Monstro's Lung+Glitter Bombs combo, and I can confirm that this does indeed work.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Is anyone else having their game crash whenever they enter the hole in the wall after It Lives? :(

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Just beat Ultra Greed as Isaac. Knifed that fucker up. Sadly didn't manage to avoid the greed heads enough and lost all my cash, but nice to know Mom's knife can do a number on him through his absurd resistances. Not an insta kill like most bosses but seemed faster than other runs.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Lillith in greed mode's biggest weakness is losing track of where enemy projectiles are because you've got 30 familiars on the screen, most of which are spamming tears.

It's fun is what I'm trying to get across.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Guppy's Paw got nerfed! :negative: Same nerf it got in the Eternal edition. Gives 2 Soul Hearts instead of 3.

I just watched CobaltStreak use Guppy's Paw and get 3 soul hearts per heart container.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Mangoose posted:

I just watched CobaltStreak use Guppy's Paw and get 3 soul hearts per heart container.

Huh. I was only getting 2 when I used it. I was using Lilith in Greed Mode. Maybe that had something to do with it. Speaking of Greed Mode:

:toot: Hoo boy. Now I never have to do that again! Epic Fetus + Polyphemus + Magic Mushroom + Ipecac + Mr. Mega + Mutant Spider + lots of other damage increases = ...not actually doing that much to Ultra Greed. :geno: Daddy Long Legs was doing almost as much damage as my missile barrages. Oh well, at least that combination was helpful for everything else. Don't be afraid to stop the waves if you need to. That the Lost's biggest advantage over the other characters here.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

I just beat Greed Mode with the Lost. It's actually preety easy compared to the normal run through with the Lost.

Unlocked the Zodiac so it will be interesting in what it does.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

Is anyone else having their game crash whenever they enter the hole in the wall after It Lives? :(

I've seen Cobalt and Richard Hammer both crash when trying to enter the room on Scarred Womb floors, but they've both entered it and proceeded to the Hush floor fine on normal Womb floors.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

I don't think these challenges were playtested that well. Blue Bomber is actually impossible to complete if you get unlucky layouts. Kamikaze explosions don't work on some enemies. Normally you can just bomb out of those rooms, but you can't bomb open boss doors, which can mean you're stuck.

A lot of the challenges are really lovely, and not in the way the previous challenges were lovely. It's pretty trivial to get locked into Literally Unwinnable Situations which sucks.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Extreme0 posted:

I just beat Greed Mode with the Lost. It's actually preety easy compared to the normal run through with the Lost.

Unlocked the Zodiac so it will be interesting in what it does.

I'm just guessing but given what The Lost's other unlocks are i'm guessing The Zodiac gives you all 12 of the zodiac items at once.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Kawalimus posted:

if you have three orbitals you are basically immune to bullets. so all you have to worry about are his beams at the end

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Huh. I was only getting 2 when I used it. I was using Lilith in Greed Mode. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Dunno, but he used it in Greed Mode as Eve. I'd read here earlier that they nerfed Guppy's Paw, so I paid extra attention; 3 heart containers became 9 soul hearts.

Weird.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

Yeah for some reason it either always crashes or always works, and it's 50/50. Usually it always crashes when you have the OP guppy quad brim build :(

edit: both crashes and works on utero, womb and scarred wombs

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

I'm just guessing but given what The Lost's other unlocks are i'm guessing The Zodiac gives you all 12 of the zodiac items at once.

It's actually kind of underwhelming for a Lost unlock. You get a random Zodiac effect for every floor.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Oh you can still get curses in Greed Mode. That's..exciting.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Does Lilith's use item stack with itself? So one use you'd have 2x familiars, second use you'd have 4x, 8x, ect.? If so that sounds like a good way to crash the game combined with item martyr.

Also what's the point of black poop? It slightly darkens the room for a few seconds and doesn't seem to do anything else.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

RatHat posted:

Does Lilith's use item stack with itself? So one use you'd have 2x familiars, second use you'd have 4x, 8x, ect.? If so that sounds like a good way to crash the game combined with item martyr.

Also what's the point of black poop? It slightly darkens the room for a few seconds and doesn't seem to do anything else.

If there's enemies in the room they get the "dazed" status effect or whatever it's called. The one that the iron bar item causes.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Oh man, Sad Bombs plus Scatter Bombs looks incredible. Bombs that make more bombs and also tears, and the smaller bombs also make tears. Glitter Bombs are also pretty amazing looking, especially in a Greed Mode breaking run.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

RatHat posted:

Yes, but not quite in the way you're envisioning. Each use of it gives you one of each familiar type you currently have, so if you currently have, say 2x Incubi and 2x Lil Brimstones, on the next use, you'll have 3 of each.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Aww that's a shame. I guess you could still crash the game that way but it'd take much longer.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Wow, Lilith is now my favorite character, hands down. She's now probably the easiest way to get the Meat Boy and Bandage Girl Achievements, and is really fun to play. Just managed to beat Hush with her, having only three items other than incubus that were effected by Friend Box: an attack fly (not sure which one), Sister Maggy and the Guillotine. Guillotine is pretty silly with friend box, since you get more heads around you with each use. At the end of the boss rush I had more than a dozen of my own head as orbitals.

Now onto a Chest run with Lilith, in the hopes that her third starting item is unlocked. The one that gives you up to three permanent Demon familiars as you take damage enough times. Including Dark Bum and Lil'Brimstone. :getin:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Things that seem terrible, but are actually amazing: Dunce cap and Ipecac.

edit: oh poo poo Ipecac and Mysterious Liquid works great, you start leaving Pestilence-style puddles everywhere!!

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 1, 2015

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Prop Wash posted:

Things that seem terrible, but are actually amazing: Dunce cap and Ipecac.

Very high luck, Mom's Eye, Dunce Cap, 20:20 produced a continuous stream of tears in a flux capacitor shape. That was fun :v:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
It's a shame that Mongo Baby doesn't copy Incubus, because I could see that being hilarious. Ever so slightly broken, but hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I think Tractor Beam is my new favorite item. It just really increases your tear accuracy, though it does make trick shots harder to make.