Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Pretty sure the low heal xp is to prevent money/xp boosting. It's also in line with the xp boosts other classes get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

New bosses are planned but this is a beta.

Thank you for this hard hitting drop of knowledge.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Internet Explorer posted:

Thank you for this hard hitting drop of knowledge.

You're welcome.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Are there goon servers for this or should I just get in the Steam group?

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
I hadn't played this game since right after volter manor dropped, it's been nice playing the new classes. Firebug and new zerk rule, demo is fun but not very well balanced yet, I think. I keep changing favorite weapon to use, the trench, rpg, microwave, zwei, they're all really fun. Good on you TWI for making enjoyable weapons! Probably the most important aspect of a shooter and you continue to hit it out of the park.

I'd like to echo a couple things

closeted republican posted:

I wish someone would make a mutator that has all of the zeds spawn and stay as puffy as they do right before they're killed with the Microwave Gun. It'would be funny and strangely adorable.

verbal enema posted:

Nothing is better than slo mo jumping off a 2nd floor and Pulverising a group of clots.

I'd like a mod where opera music plays during slo mo its so beautiful

please look into this, especially the first idea tia.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice

verbal enema posted:

I'd like a mod where opera music plays during slo mo its so beautiful
So like this? I never knew I needed this but now agree:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjLb0uV2FgA&t=474s

Alereon fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 2, 2015

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Alereon posted:

exactly like that

MadBimber posted:

I'd like to echo a couple things

please look into this, especially the first idea tia.

Burning Paris, inside the little mall area's 2nd floor is p good height to not take to much damage jumping down onto the escalator. Combine that with a Pulveriser alt attack and boom slo mo explosion amazing

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Alereon posted:

Dumbass is pumping bullets into the fleshpound instead of keeping trash off his teammates asses? He deserved that. :colbert:

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This berserker explanation has changed everything for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkQstOLz83I

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

rt4 posted:

This berserker explanation has changed everything for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkQstOLz83I

Yeah but it's innacurate now. You now have the extra "shove" attack on every weapon that will push Zeds back and stumble them, and you actually CAN fully block the damage from a Scrake/Fleshpound/Hans attack unless their arms glow red.
I can't seem to find a good post-Fire and Explosions patch video explaining the changes to berserker. Because they changed some other stuff around but I can't remember what it was.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Two questions. 1)whats the preferred buy order for firebug? 2)why did i wait so long to play firebug?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Tokubetsu posted:

Two questions. 1)whats the preferred buy order for firebug? 2)why did i wait so long to play firebug?

I like to go

1. Trench Gun (Helps vs Bloats and Sirens and gives you much needed long range ability) + CnB
2. Swap CnB for flamethrower asap (so Trench Gun + Flamethrower)
3. When I can afford the MWG (or when I feel it's needed for the big zeds) I get that + the CnB.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I go caulk and roll with it until I can afford a microwave gun, which is usually a wave or two before scrakes show up

if you like the trench gun go with that and sell the caulk for a microwave when you can afford it

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

when you hit level five and get fully stocked there's no really wrong thing to buy

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I prefer the cnb over the trench gun, myself, although that's mostly after getting heat wave at level 10. Heat wave just makes the trench gun into the worst of the firebug weapons, due to long reload times + an inability to capitalize on your long reload times. The firebug doesn't have the survivability boosts that Medic and Support do to make being up close with a shotgun work out well for them.

So my usual route is to keep the CnB and buy the medic pistol at the end of wave 1 for dealing with far away enemies and healing allies. Then just keep filling up those two weapons until you can buy the flamethrower, and sell the CnB for it. Then swap out the medic pistol for the medic SMG, and then you have two options for where to go from there: Pick up the Medic Assault Rifle and keep the flamethrower, or sell the Flamethrower and upgrade to the Microwave Gun.

Medic and Firebug are both my favorite classes so I've basically just started playing them both as hybrids where I pick up the others' weapons all the time. I go Firebug if we're doing okay at keeping alive and go Medic if the team needs help with that, and generally go with one of those two final loadouts: Flamethrower + Medic AR, or Microwaves + Medic SMG. That second loadout also has room for dual pistols or a medic pistol if you need even more ammo.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
There's usually another Firebug on the team who wants to go straight to the Microwave so I focus on trash. I tend to save up for the Flamethrower then buy the Trenchgun if the map has lots of long halls / lines or stay with the CnB if it's more cramped. For Hans I always go for Microwave + Trenchgun as I get the best stand-off distance from his ridiculous melee.

edit: gnome that Medic weapon plan sounds great and I'll definitely try that next time I play Firebug. Now that I've got it and Support up to level 20 it's either Zerk or wait for Sharp.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 4, 2015

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

do i have a reason to live yet

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
no, get yourself balls deeps in zeds to get the most kills

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

do i have a reason to live yet

Being alive is merely the process of slowly dying, there is no reason to any of it.

bluetail
Jul 8, 2012
Has this game always had steam trading cards? I've played 97 hours and only just received a card.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

bluetail posted:

Has this game always had steam trading cards? I've played 97 hours and only just received a card.

No, they've only been out about a week.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
The whole Steam Badge/cards/gems system seems so tacked-on and messy (this will not stop me from trying to get all the KF2 cards though so uh it's me, I'm the rube).

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
It's a magnificently obfuscated system to make people buy jpgs from each other that gives valve a tremendously good cut from every (albeit tiny) transaction. I think Steam "level" is meaningless nonsense and the backgrounds and emotes all look like horrible garbage but if a independent adult decides to spend their own money on that stuff and it gives them joy more power to them.

I usually just gift a copy of the game to a friend whenever i feel like showing my support for a game. :)

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
Gorefasts should stumble backwards when beheaded. They're a bit too persistent in chasing players after they've had their brains blown out, and stumbling them might make them less of a threat without completely negating their damage potential. Also it would look cool.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Colosmicon posted:

Gorefasts should stumble backwards when beheaded. They're a bit too persistent in chasing players after they've had their brains blown out, and stumbling them might make them less of a threat without completely negating their damage potential. Also it would look cool.

Yeah, the headless zed tracking is something they really need to work on, it's stupid. Just make them stop and flail in one place, that should do it.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Kikas posted:

Yeah, the headless zed tracking is something they really need to work on, it's stupid. Just make them stop and flail in one place, that should do it.

I do like that it keeps them dangerous even after you pop their heads, but yeah it can get pretty out of hand when a headless zed is chasing you around perfectly.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Headless gorefasts are the cause of one of my more embarrassing deaths.

"Whoooo bullpup Zed time decapitate 6 Gorefasts in a row! Now to reload my empty gun and escape- Oh they are all still standing perfectly fine blocking the door and stabbing me repeatedly WHOOPS the rest of the horde caught up."

Like, even if I had remembered I had a melee bash button or switched to my varmint, wouldn't have helped with a dozen live zeds on one side, and a half dozen decapitated but still stabbing me zeds on the other.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Kikas posted:

I believe they did the same thing in Killing Floor 1 when you blew their heads off. They'd still come at you slicing away.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Section Z posted:

"Whoooo bullpup Zed time decapitate 6 Gorefasts in a row! Now to reload my empty gun and escape- Oh they are all still standing perfectly fine blocking the door and stabbing me repeatedly WHOOPS the rest of the horde caught up."

Like, even if I had remembered I had a melee bash button or switched to my varmint, wouldn't have helped with a dozen live zeds on one side, and a half dozen decapitated but still stabbing me zeds on the other.

my most embarrassing deaths usually consist of me jumping off a high place with 6 health.
Dying from a fall from the catwalk in Biolab is hella embarrassing.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Revolver Bunker posted:

I believe they did the same thing in Killing Floor 1 when you blew their heads off. They'd still come at you slicing away.

its why if I have time i pop them in the leg once to get them to fall. If i have the bullets

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

She Bangs the Drums posted:

my most embarrassing deaths usually consist of me jumping off a high place with 6 health.
Dying from a fall from the catwalk in Biolab is hella embarrassing.

Don't worry, I got one of those too. "Hmm, the bloat bile wore off right as I hit 1 health. My syringe is 1/4 full. So I want to die to a crawler? or gravity?"

Getting literally 4 doors shut in your face while you and the two other players are running from a fleshpound and change adds up :v:

She Bangs the Drums posted:

its why if I have time i pop them in the leg once to get them to fall. If i have the bullets

Yeah, hindsight is a hell of a thing. Normally it's never an issue and I can't blame them for staying alive and flailing for a bit.

But I can agree them tracking you just as well without a head as with can be a bit offputting when you are making neat headclick kills instead of sweet kills that send bodies flying like with a shotgun or even your knife. My aim is questionable enough as it is, so it's discouraging landing a bunch of headshots in a row (for once), turning to deal with other stuff, only to realize oh wait those seven guys I just killed are still able to track me down perfectly.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
gorefasts eyes are actually in their nipples which is how they always know where you are

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

President Ark posted:

gorefasts eyes are actually in their nipples which is how they always know where you are

My god, the perfect soldiers.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Theta Zero posted:

My god, the perfect soldiers.

It also explains why they removed the nipple rings from Bloats :pseudo:

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I think that headless zeds should attack where they last saw you. It'd add a cool element to the headpopping classes, where you have to constantly be moving but not just in a small circle. It would also make some sense.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Revolver Bunker posted:

Yea but they made a beeline for your last position, not perfectly track you.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Section Z posted:

And that's why I always go for the SCAR ASAP as Commando. Being able to kill, not just decap, Gorefasts with a single headshot is a godsend.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Headless zeds should drop mid-stride with lots of good tweening / PhysX effects that keeps the momentum of their last frame alive lets them skid.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Got my first HoE win this afternoon. Turns out with at least 3 zerks (with Smash) and 2 medics you can pretty effectively box Hans in place and with a little luck facetank him all 3 phases. He spends half the time stumbling around or falling down. It's kinda like the old chainsaw strat for the Patriarch, but 3 times in a row.

One mechanic I'm noticing still needs some love is the perma-rage for Scrakes and FPs if they're in the last few zeds of a wave. There are only a few classes that can handle that, for everyone else it's pretty much death. There should be some way to calm them down so smart players at least have a fighting chance (the door welding trick from KF1 or similar).

vvv Like whenever there's a decap have zedtime apply just to the fluids? :getin:

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Shumagorath posted:

Headless zeds should drop mid-stride with lots of good tweening / PhysX effects that keeps the momentum of their last frame alive lets them skid.

I'm wondering if I'd like to see the headless stump geysering blood like a Japanese samurai film as the body falls forward. Like a big rooster-tail that paints red lines over everything.