Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

graybook posted:

Get your teams ready, Producers - next event in Starlight Stage starts in less than two days. Apparently it's like a Medley Festival in SIF, and there's a focus on idols strong in the Vocal stat.

Is there? it seems to be the regular cute/cool/passion typing — or at least I got a cool medley. Play some songs (and hey, your combo carries over, so try not to gently caress up), then play another song. Not that it really matters, since it can autogenerate a team for you, apparently.

One thing that isn't immediately obvious is that you can change the notemap speed between songs, which is pretty nice. Also I guess you can restore your health before the final song, and there' some sort of meter that does something on the left. gently caress knows what that does, but I'm assuming more is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

One thing that isn't immediately obvious is that you can change the notemap speed between songs, which is pretty nice. Also I guess you can restore your health before the final song, and there' some sort of meter that does something on the left. gently caress knows what that does, but I'm assuming more is better.

The meter is the whole point, if you don't get it into the yellow by the third song you don't get the encore song, and then you don't score any points. Though, it's pretty generous, I think I was there by the second song. Also if you play Master you unlock Master+ if you get it into the red.

I think you get a score boost based on your Vocal score, but, the autogenerator just picked me out an all-cool team so you'll probably have to do that yourself.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yeah, autogen teams seem okay but I'm out of luck for passion.
Tried it on master, got cute. Stuck with Susume Otome and Android so those were eh but got fc on Onegai Cinderella again so that was nice.
Lost all health on Yumeiro Harmony once, survived I the last sliver of restored health.
Looks like I have to stick to pro.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, I'm not confident in anywhere near enough Master songs to risk getting a random selection I can't handle, even if I was unexpectedly good at Yumeiro Harmony.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Polsy posted:

The meter is the whole point, if you don't get it into the yellow by the third song you don't get the encore song, and then you don't score any points. Though, it's pretty generous, I think I was there by the second song. Also if you play Master you unlock Master+ if you get it into the red.

I think you get a score boost based on your Vocal score, but, the autogenerator just picked me out an all-cool team so you'll probably have to do that yourself.

I mean, the autogen teams i've been given had more vocal than the 'max vocal' team i made, if only by a thousand or so. I'm assuming that by matching the types to the medley types there's an additional bonus somewhere.

That said, you do get points if you don't manage the encore, you just get way less. Like, less than 200 on Master, versus like, 250 on normal? I donno, I figured I'd see about surviving 3 random master songs, but I guess having my combo break every ten seconds destroyed that encore meter — it was at like 7 by the end. Probably would've managed better with the perfect locks a cool autoteam would've given me, rather than my mostly-yellow recovery team.

Also, it would be real cool if I could get something other than cool songs.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ah, fair enough, I guess it'd be cruel to give you nothing at all after using up hours worth of stamina. Interesting about the vocal number though, I didn't really look at the actual numbers. I'll just leave it on auto in that case.

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010
haha, those slides, jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVkPJ2JKK5k

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
To spend 50 love gems on BiBi scouting or just regular scouting.... these are the questions of my Saturday nights.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Those auto teams they suggest for the medley are pretty terrible. I've been way more successful with my own teams.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

To spend 50 love gems on BiBi scouting or just regular scouting.... these are the questions of my Saturday nights.

Consider: if you regular pull, you might get Hanayo, while a BiBi pull increases your chances of being blessed with Nico.

Leos Klein
Mar 11, 2011

ALL HAIL CARDIEL

The BiBi scouting also has a guaranteed super rare with an 11 draw.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm at 200 Lovecas in the JP version and I'm at a loss with when I should draw.

Probably when Umi and Rin are available... which was possible right until yesterday with the Lily White scouting thing going on.

Now it's Kotori.

Eugh.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I pulled and got in the the JP version.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well the upside other than being a really good card is I just find this really funny.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
who put this loving crane game in front of otonokizaka

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I just found out you can tap the girl on your home screen to make her say stuff

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

boom boom boom posted:

tap on the girls during downloads too.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The unidolized cyber Nico and Honoka URs are 2 of my favorite cards in the game. It's too bad the SRs are just the rest of the girls in their school uniforms doing nothing interesting. Not sure if I'll burn my gems on the job or cyber set on EN next year.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Well the upside other than being a really good card is I just find this really funny.

Ha ha ha holy poo poo that's amazing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

They also say special stuff on birthdays (both their own and the rest of Muse). Rin sang happy birthday to herself. It was very :3:.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

They also say special stuff on birthdays (both their own and the rest of Muse). Rin sang happy birthday to herself. It was very :3:.

This. I almost died.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
After pretty much a day of stubbornly wasting my Stamina, I realized that I should just play the Pro set in the Starlight Stage event. I'll be able to play Yumeiro Harmony on Master if I'm lucky, but I'm definitely not good enough to be able to play all the songs without dying at least once(I'm looking at you Ranko and Anzu).

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

So I finally decided on the BiBi pull. I really wish I would have screenshot it but I was too busy laughing at my luck. 10 R's and the 1 SR you always get for spending 50 gems. Thanks game. I didn't want more than 1 upgrade anyways. At least I got to max level the abilities on a couple idolized members and got to idolize a couple too. Couldn't really have been much worse though.

Also I'm at just over 16k points in the event right now. Anyone who grinds out the event know whether I'm doing alright or whether I'm going to need to start burning some love gems to make sure I get to the threshold?

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

ChubbyThePhat posted:

So I finally decided on the BiBi pull. I really wish I would have screenshot it but I was too busy laughing at my luck. 10 R's and the 1 SR you always get for spending 50 gems. Thanks game. I didn't want more than 1 upgrade anyways. At least I got to max level the abilities on a couple idolized members and got to idolize a couple too. Couldn't really have been much worse though.

Also I'm at just over 16k points in the event right now. Anyone who grinds out the event know whether I'm doing alright or whether I'm going to need to start burning some love gems to make sure I get to the threshold?

As of the time of my post, the event has about 63 hours remaining. As long as you spend all of your naturally accruing LP, then you should be fine. Even if you get 4th place / A score on hard difficulty, then you will get almost another 10k points. Depending on your event performance, you may need to spend a couple of love gems to make up for the LP that you lose while sleeping.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Seems like you're maybe a bit behind, but not by much. I'd wait to burn gems until the last day, if you think you'll have time then.Not more than a small handful of gems, I'd think, depending on your max stamina. Perhaps none at all if your level ups cooperate.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Aku posted:

After pretty much a day of stubbornly wasting my Stamina, I realized that I should just play the Pro set in the Starlight Stage event. I'll be able to play Yumeiro Harmony on Master if I'm lucky, but I'm definitely not good enough to be able to play all the songs without dying at least once(I'm looking at you Ranko and Anzu).

I've gotten pretty lucky with that so far thankfully. The only songs I can't really do on Master are the two Ranko songs and Anzu no Uta, and I've managed to not get any of those yet on my event runs. Timing's still going to be tight reaching 10k event points before the end though.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Consider: if you regular pull, you might get Hanayo, while a BiBi pull increases your chances of being blessed with Nico.

Hanayo ain't so bad. I also refuse to consider that I may have some form of waifu Stockholm Syndrome due to the number of SR Hanayo cards I've been blessed with.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

taser rates posted:

I've gotten pretty lucky with that so far thankfully. The only songs I can't really do on Master are the two Ranko songs and Anzu no Uta, and I've managed to not get any of those yet on my event runs. Timing's still going to be tight reaching 10k event points before the end though.

How many points are you getting per play, out of interest? I think at least one of the multple bugs they mention in their latest post which I don't have the energy to translate properly affects scoring, which may be why I get exactly 379 points every Pro game regardless of which team the autogenerator picks for me or whether I level two of my SR idols up ~20 levels.

Though, it hasn't stopped the #1 guy getting over 100,000 points so there must be more to it than that.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Polsy posted:

How many points are you getting per play, out of interest? I think at least one of the multple bugs they mention in their latest post which I don't have the energy to translate properly affects scoring, which may be why I get exactly 379 points every Pro game regardless of which team the autogenerator picks for me or whether I level two of my SR idols up ~20 levels.

Though, it hasn't stopped the #1 guy getting over 100,000 points so there must be more to it than that.

If it awards event points like the previous events, the only thing that matters is your final letter grade for the three songs, plus a bonus for your grade on the encore. Having better vocal appeal's going to help with that obviously, but after a certain threshold you're just getting a higher points score. Getting an S across the three songs plus an S on the encore gets me 500 something event points, don't remember the exact number, wanna say 534 or something like that. S for the three songs and A on the encore is still over 500 as well, just a bit less, i think 516? S on just the three songs without the encore is somewhere in the 300s by comparison (that was when I tried to do the encore on Master+, lol)

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
How often do they add new regular girls?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

boom boom boom posted:

How often do they add new regular girls?

With each event. They add the event girl from a few events ago to the scouting roster and, I think, one more. That is, new cards of the same girls.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish they'd stop adding new girls. I only have 7 free slots left and that's with me doing my best to level off a fully idolized and affection'd girl to use her as fodder for the next girl to make more space.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I wish they'd stop adding new girls. I only have 7 free slots left and that's with me doing my best to level off a fully idolized and affection'd girl to use her as fodder for the next girl to make more space.

spend stars to add more idol slots

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

spend stars to add more idol slots

That's crazy talk.

EDIT: How many slots do you get per Loveca anyways?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait I feel like we may be talking about different idol games.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

That's crazy talk.

EDIT: How many slots do you get per Loveca anyways?

three

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

As an addition to this, the maximum club size is 200 somewhere from 180 to 480.

Oblivion590 fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 4, 2015

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

The first play of the morning is easily the worst for me. All hopes of FC's are usually dead as I am basically useless before 10am. That SR Eli is so close though...

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Oblivion590 posted:

As an addition to this, the maximum club size is 200.

There's a limit? I always assumed it just kept going. I'm going to have to make an external list to keep track of all the cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion590
Nov 23, 2010

Revolver Bunker posted:

There's a limit? I always assumed it just kept going. I'm going to have to make an external list to keep track of all the cards.

You can use the club member album in the game, though it isn't very convenient if you don't remember the approximate release order of the cards that you are looking for.

I also need to correct myself on the max club size, since the kouhime wiki now indicates a maximum size of 480 cards (at least on JP). I'm also not sure where I got 200 before, because the page history says it used to be 180. So...the maximum size is somewhere in there.