Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011

rafington posted:

Why would you think that?
Role swaps are CLG's favorite things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Vermain posted:

I dunno what the proper term would be for them. They're crowd favorites who've kept getting dunked every year, despite the hopes, dreams, and desperate pleas of fans. What do you call that?

The cubs

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

whats worse than the cubs? the bengals? the clippers pre-2009? the browns?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Wonder if this means Aphro will end up on c9 with Sneaky so the Bromance can run wild.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Congrats TSM. You deserve it.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
There's basically no way this doesn't result in hilarity, especially if tsm start poorly.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Well that sure happened. I cant believe they had him throw the CLG jersey in the trash during the video.

tsm and clg both profit from their rivalry

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

nomadologique posted:

tsm and clg both profit from their rivalry

The Washington Generals are an important part of the Globetrotter brand.

hypnorotic
May 4, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

There's basically no way this doesn't result in hilarity, especially if tsm start poorly.

The expectations will be impossibly high, especially if they import a big name top/jng. This is basically the best possible scenario for drama.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Calax posted:

Wonder if this means Aphro will end up on c9 with Sneaky so the Bromance can run wild.

I thought C9 was signing Mata, I guess Aphro can ride the bench

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
doublelift turn leffffttttt noooooooo =(

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Schnorkles posted:

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

You can't just say that and then not do it.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
doublelift smoked all hotshot's weed when he was out, and didn't replace it

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I'm still calling a drug scandal between Pob/Chris/DL that upset Hotshot for some reason. Still not sure if they really needed a reason to kick DL besides him not being worth it except for the fans he keeps interested. I don't see DL playing much of a different role than WT did on TSM since Bjerg is a god and can carry his team in NA easily so it's more of a marketing move by Regi.

Either way, it makes it really easy for me to stop hating CLG since they finally got rid of the cancerous deadweight that is DL and hate TSM even more.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I still can't believe that happened.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
https://twitter.com/Imaqtpielol/status/660637113977864192

Michael Santana
‏@Imaqtpielol
Now all tsm needs is kiwikid and they will be a world contender

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Violently Car posted:

You can't just say that and then not do it.

Well Dyrus didn't end up saying poo poo after he retired.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

moush posted:

I don't see DL playing much of a different role than WT did on TSM since Bjerg is a god and can carry his team in NA easily so it's more of a marketing move by Regi.

DL can do some of the stupid poo poo that WT does, but uh this basically ignores DL out farming, out killing, out everything every other NA ADC this split.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

IEM San Jose is in 20 days and both TSM and CLG are invited. God I hope they both show up.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Jerkface posted:

DL can do some of the stupid poo poo that WT does, but uh this basically ignores DL out farming, out killing, out everything every other NA ADC this split.

Also ignores DL getting infinite gold share from his team and putting up worse numbers than Sneaky/Lustboy/WT.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

moush posted:

Also ignores DL getting infinite gold share from his team and putting up worse numbers than Sneaky/Lustboy/WT.

He had the same gold share as Altec. 2% less than Wildturtle while dealing 180 more damage per minute. Biggest CS differential at 10 for an ADC, 2nd highest CS per minute, highest kill participation for ADCs.

Are you talking about like some split other than summer split? or worlds or something? because he did not put up worse numbers than sneaky or WT last summer. WT has been dogshit.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Nov 1, 2015

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Lol @ people saying DL is overrated

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sneaky has really high efficiency stats in Being a Player Who I Like So He's Still Good You Guys whereas DoubleLift rates very highly in being A Guy I Hate, He's Bad

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Comparing relative gold shares between players is pointless, it's a team metric and a not a player metric. Comparing GPM/DPM between players is a much more interesting thing to do.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

Sneaky has really high efficiency stats in Being a Player Who I Like So He's Still Good You Guys whereas DoubleLift rates very highly in being A Guy I Hate, He's Bad

Sneaky is actually a frat bro and annoying as gently caress, but he's a better player than DL.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wellllll gold share sort of indicates where a team is putting their resources. Damage dealt is also a potentially misleading stat because of burst, penetration, and aoe damage meaning you can't tell what kind of impact without SOME kind of context.

Kill participation and cs @ 10 are pretty good for telling a story EXCEPT FOR WHEN A LANE SWAP IS INVOLVED but even then they give you an idea of how people are performing in the swap I guessssss

But by looking at the stats and the record from the split you can see that DL arguably had the best split of any NA ADC~~

GreyPowerVan posted:

Sneaky is actually a frat bro and annoying as gently caress, but he's a better player than DL.

I don't like Sneaky bc I think he's a boring to watch cleanup ADC and don't have any opinion of DL one way or the other, im just making jokes

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
TSM made it even easier to hate their team, good. I'm sure there won't be any massive ego clashing problems...

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I've thought that CLG needed to get rid of Doublelift for years, but I am very surprised that somehow Xmithie remains employed.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Vermain posted:

I dunno what the proper term would be for them. They're crowd favorites who've kept getting dunked every year, despite the hopes, dreams, and desperate pleas of fans. What do you call that?
loving bad at the game

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Offseason never change :allears:

The only wish I have for the offseason is Rush going to a good Korean time to unlock his potential

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i dont get this game & the things surrounding it

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The best part is that we still have a few months before LCS starts, if we keep getting these kind of roster swaps I'll be entertained even without any games.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hahaah what is he a teenage girl on facebook

Allaniis
Jan 22, 2011
Conspiracy: During Week 2 of Group Worlds, CLG Coach leaked to Doublelift that team was going to kick POB and Doublelift when offseason hit and led to tilt plus CLG being bad.

All 3 are now gone.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Everyone on the team except Xmithie must've been loving Hotshot's girl at this point.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Oh hey looks like I'm a TSM fanboy now :getin:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

moush posted:

I'm still calling a drug scandal between Pob/Chris/DL that upset Hotshot for some reason. Still not sure if they really needed a reason to kick DL besides him not being worth it except for the fans he keeps interested. I don't see DL playing much of a different role than WT did on TSM since Bjerg is a god and can carry his team in NA easily so it's more of a marketing move by Regi.

Either way, it makes it really easy for me to stop hating CLG since they finally got rid of the cancerous deadweight that is DL and hate TSM even more.

i cant wait for tsm to go 18-0 so i can laugh at the dl h8rs

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Flipswitch posted:

loving bad at the game

loving lmao

man i dont even like doublelift, tsm or clg but this bit of the vid legit made me feel a bit sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Lovechop posted:

loving lmao

man i dont even like doublelift, tsm or clg but this bit of the vid legit made me feel a bit sad

CLG fans right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

• Locked thread