Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

2k16 pro tip: use a repeating move to inflate your match score. For example, a fist drop will get you 300 signature points toward the match rating, while a delayed fist drop (which is just a fist drop x3) will gain you 900.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Can you do run ins via universe mode? As you select who you want to play after the entrances so I don't think so?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I know how to keep every NXT match from being a 3-finisher match.

One finisher isn't enough to keep them down, but 2 is. The issue is most of the top-line guys have Resiliency 3 which gives them a free kick out, and they are smart enough to not use it on the first.

So if you have a signature move stored, use it, then pin which may force them to use their resilience check. THEN hit the finisher and pin.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

simosimo posted:

Can you do run ins via universe mode? As you select who you want to play after the entrances so I don't think so?

If you select "edit match" instead of play, you can assign your character before the match starts, so try that.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Havoc904 posted:

I am guessing you are talking about My Career Mode? If so, then you buy movesets (like John Cena's move set, so you get the AA, STFU, etc).

I haven't noticed any greyed-out moves in normal creation mode.

Thanks. I didn't realize that since I just jumped into career mode first. Seems pretty dumb to make you "work" for the extra moves when you can just make a CAW first, then just copy his move set to a Career character.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
If I'm not incorrect, MyCareer characters all start with the same moveset, even if you import.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

So, obviously there are no call names for Hulk Hogan. But wait, look who that is Taz! What, wait, that's him! What's Terry Duggan doing in the Impact Zone!?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Lady Naga posted:

If I'm not incorrect, MyCareer characters all start with the same moveset, even if you import.

They do, but you can edit them right after the introduction.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
After playing around a bit more, Universe mode breaks down if you try to get too creative.

I've been running an all-CAW brand, and an all-women brand. Some automatic rivalries just disappear before each PPV. If you try to set the rivalries manually, they reset after the first week. And, of course, the whole 'not being able to set your own title match' thing.

So far, the only way to play seems to be to turn off rivalries completely, and just set the number one contender the show before the PPV.

That being said, I like the feel of the gameplay. And career mode's cool this year. Even if it does take forever to move past jobber-stats.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
How can I just change the color of attires (threads) without using up a CAW slot? If I want white Seth Rollins, I shouldn't have to waste a slot over it.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Is there any significant difference here between PS4 and Xbox One? I heard the online on Xbox is more stable.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

super macho dude posted:

They do, but you can edit them right after the introduction.

Right, but that still means that the movesets are locked.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And MyCareer guys start without skills/abilities, so no second finisher or top rope moves, for instance. My guy is using the Tanahashi preset, but I can't do the frog splash till I get the top rope ability.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Dishwasher posted:

Is there any significant difference here between PS4 and Xbox One? I heard the online on Xbox is more stable.

Looks like the CAW community moved from the 360 to the PS4

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pretty sure xbox live goes down every third week so depends on what you mean by stable

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Lady Naga posted:

Right, but that still means that the movesets are locked.

Gaz-L posted:

And MyCareer guys start without skills/abilities, so no second finisher or top rope moves, for instance. My guy is using the Tanahashi preset, but I can't do the frog splash till I get the top rope ability.

Correct, but at least when you copy from a moveset from the get-go, you'll get access to MOST of the locked moves in Career mode like grapples, taunts, corner grapples, submissions, etc...

So if you want a rookie Nakamura in Career mode, you can start with the Strong Style Running Knee finisher by copying the moveset from a CAW that has it. Suplex breakbreakers on Tyler Breeze all day from the get go.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I just watched the Giant Bomb quicklook and now I really, really, really want Telltale Games to do an episodic game based on WWE.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Last year most of the good CAWs on PS4 were also on Xbone. There seems to be a pretty tight community of people who request the slider data for people who make them on PS4.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

remusclaw posted:

So, obviously there are no call names for Hulk Hogan. But wait, look who that is Taz! What, wait, that's him! What's Terry Duggan doing in the Impact Zone!?

Name him Axe Duggan for full Fire Pro points.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

He is in fact, Terry the Axe Duggan in my game now.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Apparently the stupid community creations counter counts my failed attempts to download something due to server issues against me. Now I have to wait 24 hours to try again. :saddowns:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ha! If you choose Brock in exhibition, it defaults to Heyman as manager and you have the option to turn manager OFF.

Oh, and the cheevo for playing as 50 different people is... um... questionably named.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Capsaicin posted:

I just watched the Giant Bomb quicklook and now I really, really, really want Telltale Games to do an episodic game based on WWE.

GET OVER WITH THE FANS< -- STAY LESS POPULAR THAN ROMAN

Vince will remember this

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Golden Bee posted:

GET OVER WITH THE FANS< -- STAY LESS POPULAR THAN ROMAN

Vince will remember this

fuckin' telltale games, both of these options lead to me getting burried

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

GRAB THE BRASS RING

Vince will probably not remember this

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Ha! If you choose Brock in exhibition, it defaults to Heyman as manager and you have the option to turn manager OFF.

Oh, and the cheevo for playing as 50 different people is... um... questionably named.

quote:

Locker room rat

holy poo poo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
PSN username is MisterUnoriginal just got 2K16

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How's online because nba's is laggy as gently caress for me.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RBX posted:

How's online because nba's is laggy as gently caress for me.

Better than NBA's. Spotty at times, but yea if NBA is your window it'll feel less janky at the very least.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Chris James 2 posted:

holy poo poo

It's almost as good as one of the Colin McRae Dirt games having a "2 Cups 1 Girl" trophy.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

How do you do face capture if you don't have a ps4 camera - somebody mentioned there was a way but I can't work it out

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Manwithastick posted:

How do you do face capture if you don't have a ps4 camera - somebody mentioned there was a way but I can't work it out

Go to logo manager in community creations and push x to get a code, put that code in the following website and upload your photo in the correct format. Then you download it from the logo manager by pushing square to "go to my logos".

https://wwe.2k.com/wwe2k16logo/index.php

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
so can you do the cool gimmick matches like the Royal Rumble or cell matches in mycareer mode and if so how? it seems neat so far I just don't want to be stuck doing some lame singles match instead of the RR

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I haven't touched it, but I assume that the Rumble match is as lame as it always is. Last fun Rumble was in Wrestlemania X8 on Gamecube

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

xbone gt: HardFartVictory

most of folks I know on Live don't own this crappy wrestleman game, so hit me up nerds.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

You know, trying to figure out to get these Storylines to work in Universe Mode (PS3) makes me wonder if that's why I never saw any real variety in the cutscenes in 2K14. It's just that to trigger them you needed to have a precise set of circumstances (i.e. crowd reaction, who's an ally to who, who's a rival to who).

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Davros1 posted:

You know, trying to figure out to get these Storylines to work in Universe Mode (PS3) makes me wonder if that's why I never saw any real variety in the cutscenes in 2K14. It's just that to trigger them you needed to have a precise set of circumstances (i.e. crowd reaction, who's an ally to who, who's a rival to who).

You get more interesting things happen if its even face/heel alignment (10 on either side) and set the next months teams, alignment, status, number one contenders at the end of a PPV ready for the next TV show. Things will auto book with a little more logic.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Curse of WCW strikes again? Created a WCW brand with the Clash of the Champions arena, and my game froze. Twice.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding
That's not a bug, it's a feature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ParanoidInc posted:

so can you do the cool gimmick matches like the Royal Rumble or cell matches in mycareer mode and if so how? it seems neat so far I just don't want to be stuck doing some lame singles match instead of the RR

One of the goals is to win the Rumble multiple times, I believe, so I assume you can enter it just like anyone else would when January rolls around and your guy's on the main roster.

EDIT: Anyone else notice that the AI this year seems really set on getting it's poo poo in? Balor ALWAYS goes for the shotgun dropkick over the reverse Bloody Sunday, and Owens is the same with the cannonball.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 2, 2015