Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Freakazoid_ posted:

god drat it, is nothing sacred? :negative:

I swear if you tell me the pizza nazi also treats his workers badly, irony is dead.

I didn't see anything in there about employees getting cussed out or schedules being yanked around. The pay sucks and is arguably exploitative (like basically all food service jobs), but I honestly can't work up much more than a shrug over what that article depicted.

I mean, if you want to talk about local food chains being abusive to employees, there's probably a much bigger hit piece to be written about McMenamins (or at least some of their locations) than that friendly slice-of-life from Voodoo.

Ugh, McMenamins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Ardennes posted:

So Hales isn't running, now it gets interesting.
If Jefferson Smith is going to run again he'd better put out another rickroll video soon

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.
http://www.seattletimes.com/life/travel/standard-drivers-license-soon-wont-get-you-aboard-aircraft/

quote:

The federal government has denied Washington state an extension from complying with tougher federal requirements that require proof of legal U.S. residency in order for state driver’s licenses and IDs to be valid for federal purposes, including, eventually, boarding commercial aircraft.

In January, the federal government had granted the state an extension through Oct. 10 after state officials proposed a plan to the Legislature that would create a two-tiered licensing system that would keep the current enhanced license but would also create a standard state license that would indicate it is not valid for federal purposes. But that measure never gained traction, and the Legislature adjourned in July without passing anything related to REAL ID.

“Although DHS recognizes the State of Washington’s efforts in enhancing the security of its driver’s licenses and identification cards, Washington has not provided adequate justification for continued noncompliance that would warrant granting your request of another extension,”

Republican Sen. Curtis King, chairman of the Senate Transportation Committee, said lawmakers will try to address the issue again when the next legislative session begins in January. “We don’t have a choice,” he said. “The choice has been taken out of our hands.”

Get your enhanced licenses now before the rush. I hope you weren't planning on flying anywhere for thanksgiving or christmas.

e: nevermind, there's a three month grace period. Hope you weren't planning on flying anywhere for spring break.

oxbrain fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 30, 2015

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

oxbrain posted:

http://www.seattletimes.com/life/travel/standard-drivers-license-soon-wont-get-you-aboard-aircraft/

Get your enhanced licenses now before the rush. I hope you weren't planning on flying anywhere for thanksgiving or christmas.

e: nevermind, there's a three month grace period. Hope you weren't planning on flying anywhere for spring break.

Or you could just have a passport.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
It's actually really terrible if you leave Washington for a state that's Real-ID compliant. Your license is worthless, and you've got to produce a certified copy of your birth certificate.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hell yeah, Bremerton:

There's been a HS football coach who's been publicly praying after each game (the HS is a public school) and the school board asked him to stop. So, naturally, satanists showed up and asked if they could pray to Satan on the field after the game too.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Hail Satan! With him, all fun is possible.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
That assistant coach is not a smart man.

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

Mrit posted:

Or you could just have a passport.

Also requires a passport, but Global Entry gives you an ID valid for passing airport security and enrolls you in TSA PreCheck and expedited entry at borders.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
If that coach had been unrolling prayer mats and blasting "allahu akbar" everyone defending him would be screeching about how Muslims are infiltrating Bremerton.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
OK NOW DO IT IF HE WAS BLACK AND GAY

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Molly X has a nice ring to it...

I'm picking up my niece from this gymnastics place by southcenter and they're having a halloween-themed open gym too, it's adorable seeing 8-year olds on a trampoline in their costumes.

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 31, 2015

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Do you need more reasons to not eat at Chipotle? Well, https://public.health.oregon.gov/newsadvisories/Pages/ecoli-chipotle.aspx

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

The best reason to not eat at Chipolte is that if you are looking for a giant burrito Qdoba/Gorditos is far better.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Even though most of them closed, Taco del mar reigns supreme.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Error 404 posted:

Even though most of them closed, Taco del mar reigns supreme.

The one off 167 just south of renton is pretty mediocre. Qdoba's chicken is awesome but their other meats are so-so, but they do have the added benefit of free guac, too bad there isn't one close to me :( Chipotle is usually pretty good though, I also mix it up with Mucho Burrito sometimes, their spanish rice is really spicy but good.

Anyone do any cool poo poo for halloween? I always stay home and get crunk because I figure there will be a ton of cops out to catch dui's.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

effectual posted:

The one off 167 just south of renton is pretty mediocre. Qdoba's chicken is awesome but their other meats are so-so, but they do have the added benefit of free guac, too bad there isn't one close to me :( Chipotle is usually pretty good though, I also mix it up with Mucho Burrito sometimes, their spanish rice is really spicy but good.

Anyone do any cool poo poo for halloween? I always stay home and get crunk because I figure there will be a ton of cops out to catch dui's.

Capitol Hill and Belltown are always pretty crazy during Halloween. Usually I'll catch a midnight movie at the Egyptian and check out the insanity afterwards but I skipped out this year (Rocky Horror picture show.. ehh good flick but I'm not feeling it).

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Mrit posted:

The best reason to not eat at Chipolte is that if you are looking for a giant burrito Qdoba/Gorditos is far better.

Chipotle must be raking in money in Seattle, the line is out the door during lunchtime and dinner at every Chipotle I pass by. The burritos themselves, pretty bleh unfortunately.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Chipotle must be raking in money in Seattle, the line is out the door during lunchtime and dinner at every Chipotle I pass by. The burritos themselves, pretty bleh unfortunately.

I don't get it, because I have eaten there three times(coupon, coupon, wife wanted it for some reason) and it was extremely boring and flavorless. Gorditos is fresh and delicious, and Qdoba has their really great chicken and pretty decent chips. And as mentioned, free guac.
None of it compares to the really great taco place a few blocks away, but that is in a whole other category.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The Chipotle here in Eugene is right across the street from a Baja Fresh, and I always choose the latter.

That said, I usually get my fast food Mexican at Burrito Boy, a local chain.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The Chipotle here in Eugene is right across the street from a Baja Fresh, and I always choose the latter.

That said, I usually get my fast food Mexican at Burrito Boy, a local chain.
Burrito Boy is always the correct answer.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

effectual posted:

Had some friends over to sing while I played Rock Band drums.

Mucho Burrito is fantastic, especially if you're a spice fiend and get their ghost pepper salsa.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
There's also Memo's. If you crave a burrito at 1am they've got your back and it's a step up from chipotle.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Freakazoid_ posted:

There's also Memo's. If you crave a burrito at 1am they've got your back and it's a step up from chipotle.

Memo's is more bland than Chipotle. At least the one in Everett was.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

You guys make it sound like there's no tapatio or tobassco north of the CA border.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Has anyone been to Problematic Taco in Lakewood

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"
You all should be eating (and drinking) at Matador anyway.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

LingcodKilla posted:

You guys make it sound like there's no tapatio or tobassco north of the CA border.

There isn't.

:ssh:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

SedanChair posted:

Has anyone been to Problematic Taco in Lakewood

I would "eat there".

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

If you're going to Lakewood for trash food and you don't go to the Church's Chicken, you're a goddam idiot.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Burrito..chains? Every town in the country has at least one little taqueria where you can buy an amazing burrito log for like $5.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man
There's a taco truck nearby that does amazing cabeza

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
i just make burritos at home

:geno:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I go to tacos el tajin. They park closer to my office.

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 2, 2015

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Sloppy posted:

Burrito..chains? Every town in the country has at least one little taqueria where you can buy an amazing burrito log for like $5.

:ssh:
It's a secret.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Muchas Gracias is my favorite Mexican chain/not-chain.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
The ultimate sit-down in T-town

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

So many places claim to be The Real Taste Of Mexico but I honestly don't know who to trust.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It's when you can't trust them do you arrive at the real taste of Mexico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
A lot of Mexican food is actually really bland so Chipotle is accurate in that regard.

• Locked thread