Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Rakeris posted:

Man ya'll making me want to level a necro now just for reaper.

Do it! Reaper is really fun.

I just power leveled a norn necro because I wanted a new look.

I went too goony with it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Rytlock skin is the Mistward armour which is acquired through a collection. You get the things that start the collection as you completely unlock a traitline+legend on a Revenant using hero points. Once you finish each collection you can use the skins on any class and it gives you the relevant account bound exotic level 80 armour piece that you can choose from Berserker/Rabid/Knight stats for.

INTEREST CHECK - HERO POINT TRAIN
Schpyder isn't going to have time to run any hero point trains the next couple days so I was thinking about running some through Verdant Brink and Auric Basin since I've been doing them on my own alts and I'm pretty familiar with the zones by now. If I do this, it'll be after Goon Squad's missions are complete (probably around an hour to an hour and a half after reset) but everyone's welcome to come and I'm in both guilds which should make communication easier.

Mastery-wise, you need to have Gliding I and I'd strongly recommend you have Itzel I for bouncing mushrooms. While we can get around some of the mushroom jumps with Mesmer portals, there are a few of them that are too far for the portals to work so if you don't have the mastery you're boned. Ideally people will also have Gliding II (updrafts), Exalted I (symbols) and Nuhoch II (Wallows) as they make moving around the maps and bypassing annoying terrain much easier but I'm aware that you need to have invested a reasonable amount of time in the Magus Falls area to have those so I'm not expecting them.

As a PSA, once you've finished Torn from the Sky (first story step in Verdant Brink) on one character, you can subsequently do the prologue up to the point where you start Torn from the Sky (when you zone into Verdant Brink) and then jump off a cliff and choose 'Exit to Verdant Brink' after you die. This dumps you out at the entrance to Verdant Brink ready to run around Magus Falls.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Rakeris posted:

Man ya'll making me want to level a necro now just for reaper.

I did, it's worth it.

But then again I love shout builds just for the sheer silliness of them.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
Man, crashing at the end of an entire meta event seems to happen surprisingly often and really sours you on the whole experience. Always stay grouped when you're in the HoT zones, then you at least have a chance to get back.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Magical Zero posted:

Man, crashing at the end of an entire meta event seems to happen surprisingly often and really sours you on the whole experience. Always stay grouped when you're in the HoT zones, then you at least have a chance to get back.

That doesn't matter if the zone is full, which it often is when a meta is going well :(

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
So there is a small group on reddit that think the personal story and the final mission where better then hot. I don't get people anymore.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiylvmFI_8

kater
Nov 16, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

That doesn't matter if the zone is full, which it often is when a meta is going well :(

Don't worry, someone else will crash soon too.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
These crashes are getting old. I was in a pretty well populated Tarir map, about to activate the final pylon and crash. Log back in to an empty map.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I need to buy Valkyrie gear because my rev has 107% crit :smith:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

This is why you're getting raids, please leave the rest of us alone :negative:

Speaking of event maps, one thing I always found uncomfortable with Silverwastes and now the new maps is that I feel like an rear end in a top hat when I'm not helping. The whole point of the map is the meta event, and there's a limit to how many people can be on the map... so by going around and doing my own thing, gathering, etc. I feel like I'm ruining it for everyone else and I hate that.

In a completely unrelated question, are there any resources yet on how to play a Dragonhunter? I'm mostly interested in PvE and soloing (yeah, I know, anything's viable :rolleyes:) and most of the info I've found has been focused on PvP. Right now I'm in Berserker gear and mostly just using the longbow 2 skill and autoattack to kill stuff :downs: I've unlocked ~half of the spec so far, but I was always rubbish at playing a Guardian so any general tips would be appreciated.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Cyron posted:

So there is a small group on reddit that think the personal story and the final mission where better then hot. I don't get people anymore.

Are you sure they are not just trolling?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rakeris posted:

Are you sure they are not just trolling?

MMO players, so it's a good assumption they're dead serious.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

My face is missing!

Would be interesting to have elite spec specific skins tbh. Only having Reaper head feels incomplete.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Happy Halloween, goons!

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Following the runaway success of the hero point train I'll do another one tomorrow around the same time. I need to work out a better route for verdant brink though.

E: I'm an Oceanic Timezone player with a billion alts so if you guys in non US timezones ever want to run around and grab hero points and see me online I'm happy to take people through them. I think that my account name is Mercurius.7314 but just whisper Mercury or Kiska if you want a guided tour.

You only need 4 or so people to do the ones that spawn champions so it's pretty easy to get a small group together and knock out a couple of zones in an hour.

E2: I haven't forgotten about you guys who I said I'd send dye packs to, I've just been sidetracked. I'll try and do it when I get home tonight.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Nov 1, 2015

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Y'all need to go full Cash Shop Clown like me

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Mercurius posted:

As a PSA, once you've finished Torn from the Sky (first story step in Verdant Brink) on one character, you can subsequently do the prologue up to the point where you start Torn from the Sky (when you zone into Verdant Brink) and then jump off a cliff and choose 'Exit to Verdant Brink' after you die. This dumps you out at the entrance to Verdant Brink ready to run around Magus Falls.

You can also skip the intro stuff by warping to the guild hall. You just walk out the front door, and you'll get the first waypoint in the zone. You don't even need to be level 80.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
I just ran straight into Verdant Brink from Silverwastes without even going into the prologue story bit after the first few times.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Tamayachi posted:

Y'all need to go full Cash Shop Clown like me

Fake Money Bros.

Kind of regret buying it because it is so awesome it invalidated the whole collect cool armor part of the game.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Ugh Anime invasion

someone post Asura rear end

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

mike12345 posted:

Ugh Anime invasion

someone post Asura rear end

here you go

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Vipers gear requires linseed oil which requires flax seed. It also requires buying the inscription from exalted vendors and getting the recipes from books. Marauders can just be bought from the crafting vendor.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Plavski posted:

Vipers gear requires linseed oil which requires flax seed. It also requires buying the inscription from exalted vendors and getting the recipes from books. Marauders can just be bought from the crafting vendor.

Ugh gross I wanted to get a set for my reaper. Does sinister work well for a dhuumfire reaper build?

edit: I just did some research and that armor would take ~175 gold worth of linseed oil alone. The recipes to make the armor run another 117 gold.

That's just stupid.

Shalebridge Cradle fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Nov 1, 2015

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
I'm sure prices will fall eventually when more mats enter the market.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I really like the mad king's labyrinth, and wish there was some randomized, rogue-like version that's a permanent fixture of the game. Endless dungeons or something.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

mike12345 posted:

I really like the mad king's labyrinth, and wish there was some randomized, rogue-like version that's a permanent fixture of the game. Endless dungeons or something.

Agreed, some kind of mega-maze for groups or solo people to just wander aimlessly in for loot and xp.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Since I dont have HoT i decided to spec some players in spvp to see what the elite specializations are like, as well as revenant. as far as revenant goes, what in the actual gently caress. Am I off base for thinking that they're incredibly overpowered?

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Since I dont have HoT i decided to spec some players in spvp to see what the elite specializations are like, as well as revenant. as far as revenant goes, what in the actual gently caress. Am I off base for thinking that they're incredibly overpowered?

Revenants are incredibly simple to build and play. They'rd much closer to a WoW class where there are three specs, you pick one, and 95% of the choices are made for you (or are so obvious that they might as well be).

Hammockbottom
Apr 10, 2005

It was Hamhockbottom right?
Arus, old buddy, old pal!

Good to see that you've finally finished all of your 2 year old limited edition McRibs!

I hope they held up (like your body has).

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Mercurius posted:

Alternatively you don't even have to do the Torn from the Sky step if you don't want. You're able to run directly from the SW to VB without doing the prologue.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Compared to who? Did you try chronomancer? Reaper? Scrapper? Dragonhunter?

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

malhavok posted:

Compared to who? Did you try chronomancer? Reaper? Scrapper? Dragonhunter?

I dont have HoT so no I havent tried any of those. I mean in general. Or versus a player thats not elite spec'd. Seems like non elite specs are not competitive in spvp. You can still blob them down in WvW but in spvp its a laff.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
TIL that you can try out elite specs in Heart of the Mists.

Dragonhunter is pretty neat :stare:

Edit: screw my Rev and a hypothetical Guardian, I'm power-leveling my necro :stare:x100

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 1, 2015

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

All of the elite specs are overpowered in some way or another. In some cases, like Revenant/Herald, comically so.

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Ugh gross I wanted to get a set for my reaper. Does sinister work well for a dhuumfire reaper build?

edit: I just did some research and that armor would take ~175 gold worth of linseed oil alone. The recipes to make the armor run another 117 gold.

That's just stupid.

Sinister is an excellent, if not better choice than Viper for Dhuumfire necro.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Edit: screw my Rev and a hypothetical Guardian, I'm power-leveling my necro :stare:x100

Ayup. Join usssss

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I did exactly this and haven't looked back. Reaper has some incredibly good traits to complement some really powerful skills.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So far the general tiers of how much people like Elite specs in this thread:

Reaper-Tier:

Reaper

Good Tier:

Dragonhunter
Herald
Chronomancer

Worthwhile Tier:

Scrapper
Daredevil

:smith: Tier

Berserker
Tempest
Druid

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

mind the walrus posted:

So far the general tiers of how much people like Elite specs in this thread:

Reaper-Tier:

Reaper
Crit Reaper is so much fun. :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Druid and Scrapper are really good, nobody's really moping about those. Tempest and Daredevil don't really add a whole new world to their classes like how Reaper and Scrapper bring in melee options but they're still nice.

So far only Berserker doesn't seem to have popular builds up on Metabattle if that means anything.

• Locked thread