Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Xenaero posted:

Feel free to laugh at me tomorrow when I come home from work and these are all wrong

HA-ha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
I did okay today :smith:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

I deserve it.

Gonna deserve it tomorrow too

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
I did okay today :smith:

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Nobody ever gets drops.

Got my second drop in the na'vi / l match.

Too bad its d2 as well.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Oh are we posting our final pickems now? Okay.

(I know the dialog is over apex's face, but I can't actually do anything about that because the linux client is trash)

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
When are the games? Super early in the morning? I'm assuming they're going to complete the tourney in one day tomorrow

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

NV game starts are 11am CET, which is 5am eastern I believe.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

qhat posted:

NV game starts are 11am CET, which is 5am eastern I believe.

Easy peasy with us gaining an hour tonight

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I made this for a clutch I was proud of but for some reason gotv cuts the last kill. It's not the first time it has happened on there. What the hell?

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
it stops at the exact last tick

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

nftyw posted:

Does this mean that TSM is going to die? :ohdear:

I have predicted the future

Also

Goodbye fnatic

nftyw fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Nov 1, 2015

eppu
Apr 15, 2005
can i have link for the NiP - TSM vod with out spoilers please.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
Life Protip: http://hltv.org has all of the match schedules, stats, vods, etc. Please learn to use it if you want to follow pro cs :downs:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

eppu posted:

can i have link for the NiP - TSM vod with out spoilers please.

http://www.nospoiler.com/y/2iaFwnEolSQ
http://www.nospoiler.com/y/VqiJZ-ItT-w

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

conversation piece posted:

Life Protip: http://hltv.org has all of the match schedules, stats, vods, etc. Please learn to use it if you want to follow pro cs :downs:

lol? like, the frontpage spoilers the result, and the vods aren't up there.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I don't think it would be possible to go to more than five CS:GO sites before you run into OMG DID YOU SEE THAT WIN AAAH FULL SPOILERS from somewhere.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i woke up and read last nights results and i was sure i was still drunk

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Pinch yourself, this all must be a dream

eppu
Apr 15, 2005

conversation piece posted:

Yeah and so easy to navigate without any spoilers

Thx.. 2 links kinda gave it away but it went like it was supposed to go, so i don't care :)

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
I hit eagle finally!

The last round was an eco to be funny. We pulled a Fnatic and all bought dualies and walked our way into A site.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Gonna scream into my pillow tonight

And not for a good reason

Pickem ruining my life

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Gold doritos should be pretty thin and far between this time around. I'm in the top 6% for points and I need to win every pick tomorrow for gold.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
3 people from Envy, Allu, Guardian. Figure Envy is pretty much a lock for the finals but don't know about NiP vs. Na'Vi so I'm splitting it. Not getting gold anyway and if either team wins those are both the most likely to make insane points.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

just found this aimless goon while not deranking. there are literally dozens of us........
http://imgur.com/B9eTZzs

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
lmao that link wasn't just for you man, it was for everybody else who keeps asking when the matches are

seems pretty stupid to whine about spoilers in a thread full of live reactions and spoilers posted in near realtime with the game...

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006

Smithereens posted:

just found this aimless goon while not deranking. there are literally dozens of us........
http://imgur.com/B9eTZzs

so that's what you fuckers were doing. it was a p. fun atmosphere though.

gg :]

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Demostrs posted:

just watching ct side real quick

1. rotate faster on pistol, there's no reason to stand still watching the flank in radio when theyre planting lower, especially if noone shows there
2. you keep burst firing with pistols and smgs (presumably rifles as well but havent seen them yet) but youre half way committing to spraying as well; keep m1 held down or reset your aim and then begin bursting again bc you're getting the worst of both worlds
3. five seven is more accurate than you think dont adjust for recoil like that when they are immediately upon you and fire faster
4. always assume they will boost a person marshmallow when scoping outside and dont let him shoot u twice for fucks sake
5. if you know they have scopes and you are not significantly better than them while on an eco, dont stand still and challenge the awp. if hes alone rush him down and try to make yourself ahrd to hit, if not just wait for him to come to you and play a close angle
6. aug round is alright, you burst better than you've done in previous rounds but the crosshair placement u use is more akin to an awp's and a decent awp would be able to deffo snipe you from that position, but it worked out. also, you should have recognized the dude in vents quicker and, personally, i would not have tried to rush him down unless you thought for sure he'd be going upper (he might have faked out going up one of the ladders but i wasnt paying close enough attention)
7. round 22 you would have been exposed to mini staying on the roof of hut if they pushed it, but you rotated off of it before that could happen and actually peeked them, and i think that the aggressive move was the correct decision so gj
8. dont reload so much
9. no reason to work over to radio and chestbump ur friend when a teammate has pushed it and theyve shown outside, just set up a crossfire in lobby, push together, and once u dont see anybody immediately fall off
10. work on fundamentals
10a. play dm
10b. play aim maps
10c. yolo
10d. eat ur dorites
10e. you know what it is (black and yellow)

thats about it

Thanks for the effort dude, but, uh, I think you watched someone else from my team. I was nowhere near radio on pistol, only used the 5-7 once (and at standoff distance then), I used the AUG for like 10 seconds in the last round before getting dropped without firing a shot, round 22 I'm in the warehouse outside, getting AWPed. I think I know who these apply to, though, so I'll pass them on. Thanks anyway!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ArfJason posted:

for a moment there i could swear i saw my name at lg 11 navi 12 on the drop box :(

turns out the guy names was Art and i was watching on low quality

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tevery Best posted:

Thanks for the effort dude, but, uh, I think you watched someone else from my team. I was nowhere near radio on pistol, only used the 5-7 once (and at standoff distance then), I used the AUG for like 10 seconds in the last round before getting dropped without firing a shot, round 22 I'm in the warehouse outside, getting AWPed. I think I know who these apply to, though, so I'll pass them on. Thanks anyway!

well you should fuckin tell us who you are, i watched the top fragger ct side second half (dj or something like that) because thats the name that came up as the person who the demo belonged to

edit: oh i see why that is, csgo defaults to whoever the first person is on the scoreboard anyway do thats why it said it was pj's

see the highlights, lowlights section, that's why i though it was him. you have the same steam/sa username which feels rare, i just completely overlooked it

Demostrs fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Nov 1, 2015

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Demostrs posted:

well you should fuckin tell us who you are

the guys name was tevery lmao

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArfJason posted:

the guys name was tevery lmao

how do you know that without reading my edit where i clarify that? if you downloaded the demo, feel free to give sum tops and tricks as well ;)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Demostrs posted:

how do you know that without reading my edit where i clarify that? if you downloaded the demo, feel free to give sum tops and tricks as well ;)

im just laughing at missing the guys name like its just funny

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArfJason posted:

im just laughing at missing the guys name like its just funny

tbh tho just going off the past page:

conversation piece = vlc player
unbound = flashbang
smithereens = frosted bun

and i could find more goons where the names they go by on steam dont match up with their sa user name. i went with the first thing i saw and ran with it because i didn't want to spend a whole afternoon doing a demo review and just overlooked tevery on the scoreboard. hell, i dont even think i read sa usernames often so i don't think its that big of an overlook to miss tevery best's name

in regards to the demo again, you might just want to contextualize what i've said about your friend and try yo apply to urself, because he is demonstrably better than you on nuke and the post would be likely much longer and more scathing if i rewrote it. actually, the best thing might be to download a nuke demo from sub.io and watch the top ct player from both teams when they play. granted, nuke can be very "i dont give a poo poo about this game anymore" when its picked in gmans, but the top fragger 99% should actually be a person that's trying. you'll get to see two different playstyles on the map and just ask yourself basic cs questions. "why does he rotate now", "why does he use his grenades in x situation", "why does or doesn't he check this area", etc. you'll get the comms too so you can get a general gist of what decent comms are (goons are p bad at communicating but their better than most people, also you hear t and ct comms simultaneously so it can be a verbal clusterfuck). then, it basically comes down to getting movement and shooting down, and, yeah, thats just something you need to hammer into muscle memory.

Demostrs fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Nov 1, 2015

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Demostrs posted:

well you should fuckin tell us who you are, i watched the top fragger ct side second half (dj or something like that) because thats the name that came up as the person who the demo belonged to

edit: oh i see why that is, csgo defaults to whoever the first person is on the scoreboard anyway do thats why it said it was pj's

see the highlights, lowlights section, that's why i though it was him. you have the same steam/sa username which feels rare, i just completely overlooked it

Yeah, didn't mean to indict you for that or anything, sorry if I sounded that way. You're doing the good thing and poo poo, I kinda goofed by not pointing out the username thing. Cheers.

edit: also maybe I shouldn't even handled this as a demo, because honestly my performance CT side in that game was absolutely abysmal. If you just watch me there, you'd be done in like two minutes. I was second in my team T side, then I go outside on CT and have no clue whatsoever how to handle that. Tried playing warehouse - got dropped, tried to play near mini - got dropped, tried to play up close - nobody showed up. I got two kills in eight rounds, died every time. So, if anyone has tips on holding outside nuke, I'd appreciate that.

Tevery Best fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Nov 1, 2015

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Raise your dongers, G2 is about to beat Envy 2-1

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Go G2

Best caster duo too so hope it's a good series

e: stupid noob team g2 jfc

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I put an inventory cleaner on G2 let's gooooo

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Just gonna keep peeking long and keep getting tagged down and then TK my teammate cause I'm dogshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Apparently this ragtag band of :sweden: and :norway: can play a game of Counter-Strike.

• Locked thread