Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

GZA Genius posted:

I give Peyton/Jordan Reed for his A.J Green. He might want my second kicker too (Matt Bryant)

e; I already have Greg Olson, Matt Bryant and Brian Hoyer on my roster

Take it and run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Rogue Elephant posted:

I'm in kind of a bind. Foster went down and Yeldon is on a bye so I've had to resort to Dexter "loving" McCluster as my RB2. I'm trying to make a trade and I was just offered L. Murray for D. Thomas. Thoughts? I could also probably try to get him to take Fitz as his WR depth is laughable.

Here's my team. 1 PPR, 1 pt for 20 yards receiving:

In full PPR and a bonus for 20 yards receiving, I wouldn't even come close to giving up either Thomas or Fitz for Latavius, either one of those could probably get a better option than Latavius. If he's desperate at WR, you should be taking advantage of that. Personally i'd maybe give up Crabtree for him, but even then it's iffy.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

VietCampo posted:

In full PPR and a bonus for 20 yards receiving, I wouldn't even come close to giving up either Thomas or Fitz for Latavius, either one of those could probably get a better option than Latavius. If he's desperate at WR, you should be taking advantage of that. Personally i'd maybe give up Crabtree for him, but even then it's iffy.

No I mean it takes 20 yards to get a point instead of the standard 10, which eliminates some WR value.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

GZA Genius posted:

I give Peyton/Jordan Reed for his A.J Green. He might want my second kicker too (Matt Bryant)

e; I already have Greg Olson, Matt Bryant and Brian Hoyer on my roster

Yes. Yes. Dear God, take this.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
So I just got a trade offer

GIVE: Devonta Freeman

GET: Jonathan Stewart

I say no out of hand. But I'm looking at his roster and mine. I have Fitzmagic and Tyrod Taylor, he has Peyton Manning, Big Ben, and Matt Ryan. My other RBs are Justin Forsett, ADP, and Latavius Murray. He has Demarco Murray, and charmander. I'm thinking essentially, he wants RB help. I'm stacked at WR enough to cover my flex. I'm thinking maybe a counter offer of:

GIVE: ADP, Tyrod

GET:Big Ben, Charmander

Maybe Murray instead of charmander? Or maybe. I like Tyrod better than Ryan for the rest of the season so it's Ben or bust for me and the rest is getting as good a RB replacement as possible. Or if he is really after RB help maybe offer ADP and Latavius Murray instead of tyrod?

non ppr, standard scoring

SlipUp fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 31, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Rogue Elephant posted:

No I mean it takes 20 yards to get a point instead of the standard 10, which eliminates some WR value.

Oh well that changes a bit, i'd still offer Crabtree before the other 2. Latavius is great when he gets 15-20 touches, but those late game benchings have me iffy on him.

D-Tron
Jul 3, 2007

1999 was a hard time
to be a scrub

Yam Slacker
Is Roddy White startable over Dez this week, and if so is Delanie Walker droppable for him in a 14 team 0.5 ppr league? I have Eifert but most people are holding on to two TEs so the best available if he goes down are the likes of Richard Rodgers, Jared Cook, and Owen Daniels. People are generally reluctant to trade in this league so I haven't had any luck with that so far.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

SlipUp posted:

I say no out of hand. But I'm looking at his roster and mine. I have Fitzmagic and Tyrod Taylor, he has Peyton Manning, Big Ben, and Matt Ryan. My other RBs are Justin Forsett, ADP, and Latavius Murray. He has Demarco Murray, and charmander. I'm thinking essentially, he wants RB help. I'm stacked at WR enough to cover my flex. I'm thinking maybe a counter offer of:

Maybe Murray instead of charmander? Or maybe. I like Tyrod better than Ryan for the rest of the season so it's Ben or bust for me and the rest is getting as good a RB replacement as possible. Or if he is really after RB help maybe offer ADP and Latavius Murray instead of tyrod?

I don't know if I'm falling for a troll post but I think both of these are terrible, awful trades that you shouldn't even be thinking about.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

SlipUp posted:

If you make either of those trades you will gently caress your team up hth

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

D-Tron posted:

Is Roddy White startable over Dez this week, and if so is Delanie Walker droppable for him in a 14 team 0.5 ppr league? I have Eifert but most people are holding on to two TEs so the best available if he goes down are the likes of Richard Rodgers, Jared Cook, and Owen Daniels. People are generally reluctant to trade in this league so I haven't had any luck with that so far.

Roddy White isn't even close to startable, he's like a dart throw WR6 and is TD dependent. Might be better if Hankerson is out. But i still wouldn't start him, what else is on the wire?

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Murphy Brownback posted:

I don't know if I'm falling for a troll post but I think both of these are terrible, awful trades that you shouldn't even be thinking about.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

If you make either of those trades you will gently caress your team up hth

Any good trades to upgrade my QB position? It's my one weakness. I started with Romo, had to go to Tyrod, then he got hurt and now I'm on to Fitz. My WRs are Megatron, steve smith, stefon diggs, travis benjamin, and Moncrief. TE i got Gates and Greg Olsen. He has garbage on those positions as well. I'm not much of a trade guy lol.

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

Mr Gentleman posted:

Any thoughts on this trade in 10-person standard? Give hopkins for aj green and yeldon. I need an rb as i'm starting lacy and sims with foster out. I have superstars melvin gordon and karlos williams stashed but that's it.

Hate to bump just want people's thoughts on aj green ROS

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

SlipUp posted:

Any good trades to upgrade my QB position? It's my one weakness. I started with Romo, had to go to Tyrod, then he got hurt and now I'm on to Fitz. My WRs are Megatron, steve smith, stefon diggs, travis benjamin, and Moncrief. TE i got Gates and Greg Olsen. He has garbage on those positions as well. I'm not much of a trade guy lol.

I sincerely hope you held onto Romo for when he stopped being hurt. That was the right play. If you didn't, well, I'd stick with Fitzmagic for now, really, assuming you have Romo. If not, maybe offer Diggs or Smith for a lower end QB like Tannehill or Stafford?

The thing is, we can't really make trades for you. A lot of it has to do with your team needs and his team needs but a lot of it also has to do with his opinions of your players and your ability to barter with them.

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 31, 2015

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Mr Gentleman posted:

Hate to bump just want people's thoughts on aj green ROS

imo your downgrading your best position for a flex RB. You can get much better.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I sincerely hope you held onto Romo for when he stopped being hurt. That was the right play. If you didn't, well, I'd stick with Fitzmagic for now, really, assuming you have Romo. If not, maybe offer Diggs for a lower end QB like Tannehill or Stafford?

I like to play the waiver wire, so when they put Romo on IR he could not return until after Nov. 22, week 11. Is 5 games or less of Romo on a potentially doomed team worth a season long roster spot? I didn't think so at the time. I dropped him for what will probably be twelve games of Tyrod Taylor, and he was putting up Romo numbers when he was on the field so I don't really regret it. But now he's nursing injuries, his weapons are getting hurt, and the offense might have been exposed a little. I knew there was a risk but I still think it was the right call. Playing the wire has gotten me Freeman, Gates, Diggs, and Travis Benjiman while parting ways with Davante Adams and Jason Witten who some players are still rostering despite having contributing nothing. It also led me to start Landry Jones last week so there's that.

Saw your edit. I think I'll try something for Stafford, I think he could be on the rebound and I can get good value.

SlipUp fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 31, 2015

D-Tron
Jul 3, 2007

1999 was a hard time
to be a scrub

Yam Slacker

VietCampo posted:

Roddy White isn't even close to startable, he's like a dart throw WR6 and is TD dependent. Might be better if Hankerson is out. But i still wouldn't start him, what else is on the wire?

Here are the best WRs available right now:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

D-Tron posted:

I like DGB better.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

BigFactory posted:

I like DGB better.

...why?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

I gotta hunch.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

D-Tron posted:

I'd take Lockett and hope he scores a long TD.

D-Tron
Jul 3, 2007

1999 was a hard time
to be a scrub

Yam Slacker
Thanks for the insights folks. This fantasy football stuff really whips my autism into a frenzy.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Drop Mariota or Hoyer for CMike?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I've been looking over stats...

...Stevie Johnson is a must start. Sitting Cobb for him. :colbert:

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."

89 posted:

I've been looking over stats...

...Stevie Johnson is a must start. Sitting Cobb for him. :colbert:

He does look a good start. Picked him up as an FA this week somehow (14 team league) and am now tempted to start him over John Brown in my Flex even if Brown does play.

My opponent has 4 chargers (Rivers, Woodhead, Allen and Gates) though so the good matchup is a bad thing for me overall.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Drop Mariota or Hoyer for CMike?

Are you really hurting at RB? I still can't understand this hype train for the life of me......

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Yuzenn posted:

Are you really hurting at RB? I still can't understand this hype train for the life of me......

Randle is done and McFadden is an injury away from CMike being the starter. If you cant understand that then its your loss

is what I would say

but

cmike is never going to start

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Even if he did theres really not much to say hed be worth the spot. The Dallas line only takes him so far

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So I dropped Stafford a few weeks ago. After which he has his best game of the season. Guy in my league picks him up, and makes fun of me for dropping him right when he got good. Today, I'm facing him, and he started Stafford at the last minute.

drat, feels good, man.

edit: Ha, and I started West in all 3 leagues.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 1, 2015

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

TommyGun85 posted:

Randle is done and McFadden is an injury away from CMike being the starter. If you cant understand that then its your loss

is what I would say

but

cmike is never going to start

So....it's not a good idea and it's not worth the hype. Randle is 1-2 game suspension at most and McFadden will last at least that many games. You're gonna stash him and never ever play him.

Thanks for agreeing.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
So Gates is now playing apparently? Boy, sure is a good thing I have Ladarius Green ready to go in 2 leagues. Just keep him in and hope for the best, or time to look elsewhere?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Rick Grimes posted:

So Gates is now playing apparently? Boy, sure is a good thing I have Ladarius Green ready to go in 2 leagues. Just keep him in and hope for the best, or time to look elsewhere?

I guess it depends on your alternative. I'm trying to decide now whether to risk it on Gates or just keep Delanie Walker in. Walker is pretty good but Gates's matchup is a little more appealing.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead

Murphy Brownback posted:

I guess it depends on your alternative. I'm trying to decide now whether to risk it on Gates or just keep Delanie Walker in. Walker is pretty good but Gates's matchup is a little more appealing.

In my main, I have Gates also, and Witten. In 12-man, I have Reed and Julius, both on bye

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

thrawn527 posted:

So I dropped Stafford a few weeks ago. After which he has his best game of the season. Guy in my league picks him up, and makes fun of me for dropping him right when he got good. Today, I'm facing him, and he started Stafford at the last minute.

drat, feels good, man.

edit: Ha, and I started West in all 3 leagues.

I hear ya, West is my Foster replacement with Hillman as my bye-week backup. I'm feeling real good about the rest of the season.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Looking ahead to subsequent weeks, who is the better pick up:

David Cobb (TEN)
Karlos Williams (BUF)

I have room on my bench to add one of the two prior to this coming week's waivers (which I'll likely be last pick).

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

D-Tron posted:

Thanks for the insights folks. This fantasy football stuff really whips my autism into a frenzy.

this, forever

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Yuzenn posted:

So....it's not a good idea and it's not worth the hype. Randle is 1-2 game suspension at most and McFadden will last at least that many games. You're gonna stash him and never ever play him.

Thanks for agreeing.
Have you never had a high value lottery ticket pay off in fantasy? Personally I've lost interest in Michael in most leagues since there's clearly a mental side to all of this that's holding him back. But I still look at him similarly to CJ Anderson last year, who was irrelevant for the first half of the season and then was huge in the second half. This is like the only RB situation left where you can point to the talented second/third string guy and think he'll possibly rise to the top. Otherwise you're just hoping some starting RB tears their ACL if you need another RB.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

Have you never had a high value lottery ticket pay off in fantasy? Personally I've lost interest in Michael in most leagues since there's clearly a mental side to all of this that's holding him back. But I still look at him similarly to CJ Anderson last year, who was irrelevant for the first half of the season and then was huge in the second half. This is like the only RB situation left where you can point to the talented second/third string guy and think he'll possibly rise to the top. Otherwise you're just hoping some starting RB tears their ACL if you need another RB.

WHAT ABOUT DARKWA

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
John Brown and Gates both active, there go my Floyd and Green upside plays :mad:

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Shoutout to everyone who said to jump on Charmander instead of Knile Davis :getin:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Harold Cooplowski posted:

Shoutout to everyone who said to jump on Charmander instead of Knile Davis :getin:

Also a moment of silence for those who went Davis instead. :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Popero posted:

John Brown and Gates both active, there go my Floyd and Green upside plays :mad:

Own them both and was hoping they would play, now if Gates stays healthy I can finally drop Green for a sick WW play :getin:

• Locked thread