Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Cyberbird posted:

if you pretend blade runner was set in hong kong or tokyo instead of an inexplicably asiafied and rainy LA then we're basically there.

Would you settle for Beijing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Tayter Swift posted:

Stormfront for feces

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Bluemillion posted:

Would you settle for Beijing?

well gently caress.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

this may have been the tracksuit of that era but that drunk russian is clearly sitting rather than squatting thus undermining your claims of timelessness

Killmaster
Jun 18, 2002

Cocoa Crispies posted:

don't take your kids to chain restaurants

or restaurants

thanks

solid advice

Killmaster
Jun 18, 2002
srsly tho someone mentioned that kids abusing IAP ended up with a lawsuit against Apple or something? poo poo is kind of ridiculous.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Killmaster posted:

srsly tho someone mentioned that kids abusing IAP ended up with a lawsuit against Apple or something? poo poo is kind of ridiculous.

yeah they had to shift to locking out IAP behind a password by default and a generous refund policy instead of "your kid spent $4000 in angry birds, no backsies"

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Got some mail today

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ShadowHawk posted:

Got some mail today

lol

"How much per month would you be willing to rent your driveway or parking spot for?"

Options ranging from $25-$150

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Trabisnikof posted:

lol

"How much per month would you be willing to rent your driveway or parking spot for?"

lol yet another bs parking startup?

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Trabisnikof posted:

lol

I'm sure that's going to work out wonderfully with homeowners insurance

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

mishaq posted:

lol if you travel overseas for such short trips you can fit everything in a carry on

The amount I pack for 1 week and the amount I pack for 3 months are the same—I can fit it all in this bad boy with room to spare for souvenirs. I just do my laundry once a week and stuff a soft day pack in with everything else.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

at the date posted:

The amount I pack for 1 week and the amount I pack for 3 months are the same—I can fit it all in this bad boy with room to spare for souvenirs. I just do my laundry once a week and stuff a soft day pack in with everything else.

:thumbsup:

if im traveling for months at a time i usually have at least a few pairs of shoes and some variety in my outfits so i can be presentable in different situations

and bring other poo poo depending on what i'll be doing

i love my osprey backpack so god drat much

but people are always surprised how little my pack is/weighs when im on a long trip regardless

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i just waer normal clothes and buy a full wardrobe there. or have my attache buy it for me and have it prepared on my arrival. they get my measurements from my staff at the home office. pretty simple really. i just leave it in the hotel or guest house oe embassy when i leave. m,ake a porters dreams come true or whatever. idgaf really.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I just take a bag of fig leaves

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Smythe posted:

i just waer normal clothes and buy a full wardrobe there. or have my attache buy it for me and have it prepared on my arrival. they get my measurements from my staff at the home office. pretty simple really. i just leave it in the hotel or guest house oe embassy when i leave. m,ake a porters dreams come true or whatever. idgaf really.

drat that's good thinking

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

someone jumped out of their jitney and broke their ankle after their driver took a wrong turn and didn't respond

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/10/30/lyft-alleged-kidnap-attempt-misunderstanding-deaf-driver-san-francisco/

the driver was deaf

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I would think informing your passengers that you are deaf would be important.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

someone jumped out of their jitney and broke their ankle after their driver took a wrong turn and didn't respond

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/10/30/lyft-alleged-kidnap-attempt-misunderstanding-deaf-driver-san-francisco/

the driver was deaf

lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Breitbart has its own tech section now

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/10/27/welcome-to-breitbart-tech-a-new-vertical-covering-tech-gaming-and-internet-culture/

quote:

Breitbart News has been publishing industry-leading journalism about technology, video games and internet culture for some time. We led the world in truthful reporting about GamerGate, coined the terms “Reddit Revolt” and cultural libertarianism, warned readers about sex robots, took on the block bots and bullies of tech and highlighted the crippling flaws in the United Nations’s “cyber violence” report while other outlets lazily applauded it.

Today, we’re announcing a huge roll-out of that coverage and significant new investment in turning Breitbart News into one of the leading names in global tech and gaming journalism.

Breitbart Tech is a brand new vertical dedicated to coverage of tech, gaming, and web culture. We’re going to report on the stories no one else dares to touch, hold power to account and stick up for the people others lie about and slander. Deputy Managing Editor Noah Dulis has been chosen to head up our news and reviews operation, while Milo Yiannopoulos has today been promoted to Technology Editor of Breitbart News, and will oversee the new channel’s general direction and its comment, analysis and investigations.

so this "tech blogger" got his job solely because he hates women

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 1, 2015

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Luigi Thirty posted:

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2015/10/27/welcome-to-breitbart-tech-a-new-vertical-covering-tech-gaming-and-internet-culture/

someone needs to reanimate breitbart and kill him again

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Soricidus posted:

I just take a bag of fig leaves

I bring like 5 sets of clothes and then just rotate them. extra socks and underwear since those are the grosser parts of the body, but otherwise unless you spill poo poo all over yourself like a giant baby shirts and pants are fine for a second wear :shrug:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

"that tech blogger" is noted rancid foetus of a man Milo Yiannopoulos, so yes.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

like even by Breitbart standards Milo is an awful, awful person and deserves nothing but ridicule and scorn from the world.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

but otherwise unless you spill poo poo all over yourself like a giant baby shirts and pants are fine for a second wear :shrug:

lol if you aren't a big baby

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

ayn rand hand job posted:

someone needs to reanimate breitbart and kill him again

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

mishaq posted:

lol if you aren't a big gay baby

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

"that tech blogger" is noted rancid foetus of a man Milo Yiannopoulos, so yes.

oh I don't recognize the name

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

oh I don't recognize the name

that hilarious picture at the top of the article you linked basically sums it up (that knight is supposed to be him). he's a combination of hardcore gamergate fellation and neoreactionary / dork enlightenment bullshit with a heavy dose of being an outright sociopath mixed in.

also mods please change my name to "The Gaytriarchy"

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
as if regular gamergaters and dark enlightenment bullshitters aren't sociopaths?

"hmm yes let's return to what i think late monarch society was like. i'll totally be one of the few on top, because reasons."

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

I bring like 5 sets of clothes and then just rotate them. extra socks and underwear since those are the grosser parts of the body, but otherwise unless you spill poo poo all over yourself like a giant baby shirts and pants are fine for a second wear :shrug:

actually i don't even bother with the figleaves, i figure i'm technically decent because nobody's going to see my micropenis through the giant folds of fat

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Space-Pope posted:

as if regular gamergaters and dark enlightenment bullshitters aren't sociopaths?

"hmm yes let's return to what i think late monarch society was like. i'll totally be one of the few on top, because reasons."

yeah but Milo's something special:

DarklyDreaming posted:

Daily reminder that he was the founder and owner of The Kernel until he embezzled company payroll and left it bankrupt. "Idiot" is not a word I would use, he's a mercenary who will say whatever he can to get paid and he's good enough at it to be the crowned prince of the worst batch of assholes and douchebags the internet has assembled.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
What is gamersgate? Like some female reporter slept with 2 guys to get a story or reviews or something?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Waroduce posted:

What is gamersgate? Like some female reporter slept with 2 guys to get a story or reviews or something?

gently caress off

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Waroduce posted:

a jilted ex made some trumped up claims so now anytime a minority mentions video games they get tweeted at by racists

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

kelsey grammergate

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Smythe posted:

i wear hawaiian shirts and cargo board shorts and black knee high crew socks with sandals and if anybody gives me guff i just go yeah you think i'm a mess haha? and then unbutton my hawaian shirt to reveal a tuxedo tshirt and black suspenders

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

a jilted ex made some trumped up claims so now anytime a minority mentions video games they get tweeted at by racists

specifically that she slept with game reviewers for good scores

the people named did not review her games, for some reason this little detail didn't matter to 4chan and "kotakuinaction"

no part of gamergate makes any amount of sense whatsoever

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
all I need are a few pairs of Levi's 501s, several black mock turtlenecks, some black socks, and my grey New Balance 99Xs

whether it's in a carryon or a closet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

eschaton posted:

all I need are a few pairs of Levi's 501s, several black mock turtlenecks, some black socks, and my grey New Balance 99Xs

whether it's in a carryon or a closet

you sound like a real hoot at parties

• Locked thread