Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Thank goodness qnqnx and I are in charge of the new Pokemon games, and not you knuckleheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When I'm the director I'll add like 500 new Pokemon and a new rainbow type and all the gym leaders are the champions and rivals from previous games + the elite four are the protagonists from the old games and the champion is red and you can go back to all the other regions and

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The new Animal Crossing should have your neighbors be Pokemon.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Mega64 posted:

As long as you can get rid of neighbors you don't like by catching them and storing them in your locker.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Played the first chapter of Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water and it's not bad so far. I don't mind the controls, and the atmosphere's been rather sombre and dark :emo:. I like that reaching for items is a long slow and cautious act, as is opening doors.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Played the first chapter of Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water and it's not bad so far. I don't mind the controls, and the atmosphere's been rather sombre and dark :emo:. I like that reaching for items is a long slow and cautious act, as is opening doors.

I completed the second drop recently. The combat feels a bit clumsy at the moment, since she turns like, well, a tank. And since I'm not used to that kind of control schematics, I'm usually flailing around trying to keep some distance between the ghost(s) and me like some hysteric. Hopefully it'll click at some point. I'll try changing the sensitivity settings to my liking, maybe that'll sort things out. As for the story itself: It's not poo poo-my-pants scary (as of yet), but there's a general feeling of dread of having to walk alone in some spooky damp forest. At least I'm not willing to walk in some unknown path without a drat good reason.

Did those other Project Zero/Fatal Frame releases get the Virtual Console treatment? Will it be even likely? :ghost:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't played the new Fatal Frame but I always thought horror games had awkward controls on purpose

Like a horror game with the Vanquish engine probably wouldn't really work

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Help Im Alive posted:

I haven't played the new Fatal Frame but I always thought horror games had awkward controls on purpose

Seems like it. I can't recall any horror game that wasn't criticized for it's controls other then RE4 on it's release.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rexroom posted:

I completed the second drop recently. The combat feels a bit clumsy at the moment, since she turns like, well, a tank. And since I'm not used to that kind of control schematics, I'm usually flailing around trying to keep some distance between the ghost(s) and me like some hysteric. Hopefully it'll click at some point. I'll try changing the sensitivity settings to my liking, maybe that'll sort things out. As for the story itself: It's not poo poo-my-pants scary (as of yet), but there's a general feeling of dread of having to walk alone in some spooky damp forest. At least I'm not willing to walk in some unknown path without a drat good reason.

Did those other Project Zero/Fatal Frame releases get the Virtual Console treatment? Will it be even likely? :ghost:

You should try the random paths to be honest, they mostly just contain pick up's and even if you don't use them, every unused item get conveyed into upgrade points at the end of the chapter.
The only VC possibilities are PZ4 which was bad and never left Japan and the Wii port of PZ2 which got a very limited EU release.

Help Im Alive posted:

They had awkward controls originally because of the limitations of the time, nowadays they usually have normal controls unless someone decides it's 'part of the atmosphere'.
The new Project Zero is a weird mix of old style controls with a few modern game concessions.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Extremely unlikely. The Wii remake of 2 was only released in Japan and Europe and 4 never got localized at all. 1 - 3 are on PS2 though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Help Im Alive posted:

I'll tell Square Enix that

Just please stop quoting me

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Extremely unlikely. The Wii remake of 2 was only released in Japan and Europe and 4 never got localized at all. 1 - 3 are on PS2 though.

Well that's good, since I'm in the PAL region. So maybe I can find a copy of 2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rexroom posted:

It's expensive for for an old Wii game but not stupidly so.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Rexroom posted:

There is a fan translation patch for 4 that I think manages to bypass the region lock as well, so long as it's a legit copy of the game but I've no idea if it also works on Wii U or just the plain ol' Wii.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Black and White's hard mode (not being locked behind pure bullshit) plus everything being doubles minimum would be a way more fun game, yeah.

:yeah:

Omega Ruby really would've benefited from a hard mode. Like seriously without level grinding you end the game like 15 levels above the elite four

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mr. Fortitude posted:

There is a fan translation patch for 4 that I think manages to bypass the region lock as well, so long as it's a legit copy of the game but I've no idea if it also works on Wii U or just the plain ol' Wii.

4 isn't really worth the hassle, there's a reason they didn't localise it when every other game has been.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

4 isn't really worth the hassle, there's a reason they didn't localise it when every other game has been.

4's not that bad, when it's working. It's very, very buggy though which is the reason it never got localized, it was too much effort to actually fix the game so it'd be fit for an overseas release.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

:yeah:

Omega Ruby really would've benefited from a hard mode. Like seriously without level grinding you end the game like 15 levels above the elite four

I found a good way to deal with that is to expand your team so you have others benched that you can rotate in. Had 9 guys by the time I reached the E4, was 5-10 levels below them and just about beat Steven on my first go.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Help Im Alive posted:

That's the general excuse, but the reality is just that some game developers don't want to update the poo poo controls on their games from the PS1 era when that was the best you could do with what you had.

There is, after all, a teensy bit of wiggle room between "video game human that doesn't control like the Tin Man in a horror game" and "robot with jet-powered mobility in a high-paced action game"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It would be pretty fun and cathartic to play as the latter in the wrong genre of game and just wipe everything out easily for a couple of stages.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Give me a game like that one Daffy Duck cartoon, except you're a Platinum protagonist

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What recent horror games have had bad controls because 'lazy devs' or whatever though, even Capcom updated Resi HD to have a 'push direction to move direction' option.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
So I'm not real good at using this thing yet, but I just picked up Xenoblade Chronicles (the Wii one) to play - which WiiU controllers will work for it?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

sba posted:

So I'm not real good at using this thing yet, but I just picked up Xenoblade Chronicles (the Wii one) to play - which WiiU controllers will work for it?

Wiimote and nunchuck or classic controller to play that.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

sba posted:

On disc or the eshop download? The disk version'll require you to use wiimote+nunchuck or a Wii classic controller. The eshop version let's you use the gamepad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

sba posted:

The wiimote option is the best because being able to easily move and select attacks at the same time is more import than being able to control the camera.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Theres also no waggle or pointing, so its super comfty to use the wiimote and nunchuk

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Mega64 posted:

Animal Crossing Pokemon would be awesome except when Nintendo inevitably makes loving Pikachu the mayor's aid.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mega64 posted:

maybe have them catch pokemon but certainly not neighbors

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
A game where you battle and capture Animal Crossing villagers sounds kind of awesome, TBQH

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Sade posted:

A game where you battle and capture Animal Crossing villagers sounds kind of awesome, TBQH

Finally you can exact revenge for dumbass animals wrecking your Perfect Orange orchard arrangements with their gauche houses

That mailbox is against HOA regulations; now let us do battle

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sade posted:

I don't want to battle them. I just want to help them with rap lyrics and gift them floor patterns.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

What about a game where you drum alongside your Animal Crossing friends?

Amiibo support confirmed for the new Taiko U game. Supports Pac Man amiibo as well because why not.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

if a game randomly supports the pacman amiibo i think it's a safe bet to say the game was developed by namco

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

What about a game where you drum alongside your Animal Crossing friends?

Amiibo support confirmed for the new Taiko U game. Supports Pac Man amiibo as well because why not.

Pacman and Taiko are Namco properties

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

zolthorg posted:

Pacman and Taiko are Namco properties

No poo poo. I just mentioned it as a joke because they added it in such a way that feels like an after thought. They know AC actually has pull to get people to buy U games, nobody remembers/cares about Pac Man.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My two year old son always wants to hold a couple of Amiibos while watching a movie or watching Paw Patrol. He usually wants R.O.B., Yoshi, or Mario.

He has never once asked for Pac-Man.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

If anyone had pre orer Rodea the Sky Soldier from NISA you should be charged today. It well be out on Nov. 10.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd say the Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter crossovers have made a lot more sense than Animal Crossing and Pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Saoshyant posted:

nobody remembers/cares about Pac Man.

• Locked thread