Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

just run your pirated animes through handbrake jfc
ban for :filez:, ban for anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

plex tho

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

The app store is really hard to navigate if you don't know the exact name of the app you are looking for. Needs improvement Tim. It has a lot of promise but it is very clearly gen1

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

echinopsis posted:

if somone make a script that auto ran handbrake on new files or something but it doent? ice got like 3 or 4 tigs of movie and TV and need to maintain original files to seed

I actually intended in doing exactly that and got an atv3 but returned it after an hour after I realised it was garbage

https://github.com/mdhiggins/sickbeard_mp4_automator/blob/master/README.md

enjoy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh thanks but those days are behind me

see now my pc just runs through a 50"
TV. an atv would be redundant to the MAXX!! lmao

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

The app store is really hard to navigate if you don't know the exact name of the app you are looking for. Needs improvement Tim. It has a lot of promise but it is very clearly gen1

ios7 app store is this bad too

App Store should be mature by now, new device is no excuse at this stage

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

where did u steal a 50" tv from

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
its just four 25'' tvs put together

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

how much does a 50" crt weigh, anyway

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:rolleyes:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

thx apple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBEyh6TH_Wk

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Use iFlicks for all your pirated media needs thx.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
timb it's November release the iPad pro preorder

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Silver Alicorn posted:

just run your pirated animes through handbrake jfc

or just run an auto transcoding dlna server liek a real yosposter, gently caress

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
plex is out for the Apple TV restart steam

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
now u can watch ur fave pirated animes the way Steve (pbuh) intended

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
"The sales of iPhone 6S have been disappointing. I am afraid that if we do not leave now, we will be laid off soon."

rip

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

uncurable mlady posted:

plex is out for the Apple TV restart steam

how can the new atv read my firewire array tho

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

apple pro tip:

to "reset" the Safari split-screen mode, zoom out all the way (CMD + '-') then press CMD + 0 (zero).

basically resizing the split screen ratio causes Safari to gently caress up everything for some reason. It can go from showing you the mobile responsive site to showing you the desktop version, but then won't go back to showing the responsive version when you adjust it back again. reset it using the method above and it should show the version appropriate for the width.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that sounds like a fuckin mould-tier tip

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

apple pro tip:

to "reset" the Safari split-screen mode, zoom out all the way (CMD + '-') then press CMD + 0 (zero).

basically resizing the split screen ratio causes Safari to gently caress up everything for some reason. It can go from showing you the mobile responsive site to showing you the desktop version, but then won't go back to showing the responsive version when you adjust it back again. reset it using the method above and it should show the version appropriate for the width.

Interestingly, safari does this on OSX too, but only when you use splitscreen.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ZShakespeare posted:

Interestingly, safari does this on OSX too, but only when you use splitscreen.

that's what i meant, i have't had this issue on iOS or even tried since i have scrub-tier iPad Air 1

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbVHe5A6rJs

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

that's what i meant, i have't had this issue on iOS or even tried since i have scrub-tier iPad Air 1

Oh for some reason I thought you were talking about ipad, but clearly I'm hosed up on something

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

I admit, I only read the "Final Words" page and it felt like Russian propaganda before 1990. I respect Anandtech for its highly techy and geeky reviews and tests but I am now 100% convinced that anything Apple related is paid (IMO). There aren't many reviews out there that dare to "the best..." instead of "one of the best...".

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

LOL the comments on anandtech's iphone 6s review are amazing

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9686/the-apple-iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-review/15

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
read the cpu part and skimmed through the benchmarks. Apple is still murdering the rest of the industry in cpu, gpu, and storage performance. someone post the charts

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
android users just can't accept that the most popular and expensive phone also has the best spec's

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

dont do this

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I just learned the 4 finger swipe :aaaaa:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Silver Alicorn posted:

I just learned the 4 finger swipe :aaaaa:

wait until u see the three finger tap

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just lol if you don't use whatever phone was cheapest on Craigslist when you break your old one. Caring about phones is for subhumans

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

lol if your such a man child you break your phone

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Perplx posted:

android users just can't accept that the most popular and expensive phone also has the best spec's

seems like "splitting" AKA black and white thinking, where our dumb monkey brains assume that if you have thing A and thing B that they must be the polar opposite of each other

or the assumption that certain things always come at the expense of other things. like good design has to come at the expense of performance, even when there's no causal link there.

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

PleasureKevin posted:

seems like "splitting" AKA black and white thinking, where our dumb monkey brains assume that if you have thing A and thing B that they must be the polar opposite of each other

or the assumption that certain things always come at the expense of other things. like good design has to come at the expense of performance, even when there's no causal link there.
       /

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Apple botch

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

PleasureKevin posted:

so android good?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Perplx posted:

idk they probably all like their samsungs because of the android.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

on the iphone its bad design and bad performance

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

Larry Parrish posted:

Just lol if you don't use whatever phone was cheapest on Craigslist when you break your old one. Caring about phones is for subhumans

you are like one of those drivers who drives and parks really badly and complains about it when the car is all beat to hell and scratched up with the tail lights smashed, bumper crumpled in and rear view mirror half hanging off the side

":qq: why wont they make a stronger car :qq:"

and then you get the cheapest chrysler from craigslist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
aka "a reasonable driver"

• Locked thread