Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Josef bugman posted:

Just thought I'd post this because its one of the few cute ponys I can find:

Just keep it away from the dahlias

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

Xun posted:

What is that beak made out of?!
Looks like a pine nut.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
So, the All Blacks just won the Rugby World Cup. A kid from the crowd ran onto the field for an autograph and was tackled to the ground by a security guard. Then this happened: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/73565629/Sonny-Bill-Williams-presents-Rugby-World-Cup-winners-medal-to-boy-in-the-crowd

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Have a kangaroo rat:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

slinkimalinki posted:

So, the All Blacks just won the Rugby World Cup. A kid from the crowd ran onto the field for an autograph and was tackled to the ground by a security guard. Then this happened: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/73565629/Sonny-Bill-Williams-presents-Rugby-World-Cup-winners-medal-to-boy-in-the-crowd

my friend posted this and its one of the best things ever. highly recommend clicking this.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Even more cute weirdos

The tardigrade aka "water bear" (just an animation but they're neat critters)

Salamanders! Their name is even kinda cute :3:

And last but not least the humble Axolotl

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

i flunked out posted:

my friend posted this and its one of the best things ever. highly recommend clicking this.

I guess you haven't heard about Pocock then.

edit: have some Pocock

This is Pocock just before getting arrested trying to stop forced fracking on farmers property

Birb Katter has a new favorite as of 06:25 on Nov 1, 2015

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Happy Halloween

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chexoid posted:

This thread has made me really, really hate that I'm allergic to cats.

Go rub a Maine Coon all over your face. I know a bunch of people who are allergic to cats but have no problem with those big fuzzy guys.
My fiancee is super allergic to anything with fur but our two Maine Coons sleeps on her pillow at night without any problems.
The downside is that you can't really go rescue them anywhere.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Cats are interesting, I have a mild allergy to them but the longer hair the less allergic I am.

Here's a really pretty cat!

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Sygmond The Grey is one of my favourite internet cats and his owner has a dinosaur named after her.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Is it too late to post Halloween kitties? I've had Wicket for 15 years now and I celebrate her birthday on Halloween.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

cash crab posted:

Bald cats!

Unfortunately, bald cats will still probably cause allergies to flare up, it's specific proteins in the dander, saliva and urine that most people can't tolerate, not the hair itself. (of course, given that cats will lick their fur while grooming, the hair will be a transmitter of the allergen proteins).

So, you know, don't get a baldy cat in the hopes it'll solve your problems. You're better off with a standard cat and just keeping things clean, and taking an antihistimine if you feel the urge to smoosh your face into your cats fur.

painted bird
Oct 18, 2013

by Lowtax
My new green-cheek is making friends with my budgies

Her name is Eris Pineapple. The blue budgie is Gnosis and the green and yellow is Hubris.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

painted bird posted:

My new green-cheek is making friends with my budgies

Her name is Eris Pineapple. The blue budgie is Gnosis and the green and yellow is Hubris.

Excellent birds, excellent names.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I just learned chickens can swim and I have to share this information:

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

DarklyDreaming posted:

I just learned chickens can swim and I have to share this information:

Oh my god, chicken ducks!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Here's a bunch of animal babies.

http://vivas.fi/29-suloista-elaimenpoikasta-jotka-takuulla-sulattavat-sydamesi/

As an added bonus you get to learn some Finnish. (funny trivia: The Finnish word for platypus literally just means "water beak animal")

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Nordick posted:

As an added bonus you get to learn some Finnish. (funny trivia: The Finnish word for platypus literally just means "water beak animal")

I love that when the page is translated, everything but the pygmy possum gets its actual name

"Turtle...duck...kitten...bag sleepyhead?"

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Ozz81 posted:

bag sleepyhead?"
Funnily enough, that's not even all wrong. :v:
First, the word "Unikeko", literally "sleep heap", means both a very sleepy person (hence sleepyhead) and a dormouse.
Second, the Finnish word for marsupials is "pussieläin" or literally "pouch animal" (or "bag animal", although pouch is more accurate)
So, for some reason a pygmy possum is a "pouch dormouse" (pouch sleep heap) as if it was a marsupial version of a dormouse. Finnish taxonomy is a bit silly sometimes.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Nordick posted:

:kimchi: that otter! that turtle! this is a good webpage!!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Electric Hobo posted:

Go rub a Maine Coon all over your face. I know a bunch of people who are allergic to cats but have no problem with those big fuzzy guys.
My fiancee is super allergic to anything with fur but our two Maine Coons sleeps on her pillow at night without any problems.
The downside is that you can't really go rescue them anywhere.

Our new cat is a Maine Coon rescue- granted, she lived at a giant cat sanctuary in Mendocino County, so my parents had to travel from the East Bay to get her.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Has Purina used that in an ad? because that would be perfect for a full page magazine ad with some caption about how it's great for young dogs.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I'm just scared they're asleep and in danger of asphyxiation. :ohdear: Ahh, I'm sure they were fine.

painted bird
Oct 18, 2013

by Lowtax
He had a forehead star. :kimchi:

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!
Are there any animals that can resist the allure of good furniture?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Been a long weekend for Butterscotch:

First, when you’re somewhat socially phobic and stuck at a Gala for work where you’re expected to educate the masses on the merits of sand tray therapy, it's nice to know that when you get home, you can eat some Butterscotch:

That is not me cuddling him, that is just how he naturally gets his cuddles when you lie down. He's a master at armpit plopping.

Anyway, we took Butters to the SPCA for his check up and they’re really happy with how he’s doing. Apart from his horribly poopy butthole, which is incredibly raw and tender now, they were very please with health. To be clear, we've been doing the best we can, but we're cleaning up long standing poopy mess. They shaved up his backside and we’re now charged with the noble task of applying Vaseline back there as often as possible.

Apart from that, however, he has all but kicked his URI and is now able to roam around the house. And by roam, I of course mean finding a hiding place that he shouldn’t be able to fit in and promptly settling there for 10 hours:

He may just have been nervous 'cos we were doing our Fall cleaning.

He’s in relatively high spirits for now, but he and Monty (our forever cat) aren’t exactly best of friends. There was a little hissing at first but they have progressed now to what appears to be mutual disinterest, one of the highest forms of cat love as I understand it. So, there may be some hope.

Until we have to make that call, he’s our big boy and we’ll keep on lovin' on him. He’s just begun his diet and hopefully will start losing weight soon.

:toot:Butterscotch :toot:

Chili has a new favorite as of 19:00 on Nov 2, 2015

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hooray for Butterscotch. :3: I love his face.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Butterscotch is the best fatty :3:

Incoming baby surprise (warning: dust may suddenly and exponentially increase beyond 2:55)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbwokYTj7sI

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
Cats having photos taken mid drying off shake

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Crosspost from the webcomics thread

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

I just found out one of my senior students was murdered last week - which explains the sudden and abrupt disappearance.

Can I just have some pictures of things happy to be alive?

TIA

:ughh:

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Chili posted:

Have a little more Butterscotch with your Friday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR-pG1i8aL4

While his belly is the best, he's still got a head, and it needs rubbins' too.

I CAN HEAR HIM PURR

Butterscotch reminds me of a cat who lives on my street, who comes up to me when I get home (usually late at night when it's cold I'm carrying a lot of stuff) to get scratches. He goes "YOWWW" and follows me around until I either pet him some more or run inside. He's such a big kitty!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Chili posted:

He is the supreme bean

gamera009 posted:

I just found out one of my senior students was murdered last week - which explains the sudden and abrupt disappearance.

Can I just have some pictures of things happy to be alive?

TIA

:ughh:

I'm sorry, buddy :(

this is a good video if you love babies and/or cats https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkdXAtO40Fo

a poor rendition of 'if you're happy and you know it': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa30P9MYceQ

bat ultrasound!!

:p

e:

cash crab has a new favorite as of 01:23 on Nov 3, 2015

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Nevermind, turns out they're besties.

This just in, problems with cattes? Throw crunchy food at the problem.

Part of Butterscotch's diet is a little bit of crunchy food, Monty loves that stuff but he's on an exclusive wet food diet. Bu, when we took out the crunchy stuff in Butters' room Monty came bursting in and was all "'sup yo?"

We gave him a little bit of crunchies and they chowed down together. This may not be as :3: to ya'll as it was to us, but it was a big deal to see Monty that chill around another cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzlRzuES_9A

Scandalous Wench
Aug 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Had a big setback recently and feel very sad. I could use a boost.

Content: Princess in her royal garb for Halloween.

Scandalous Wench has a new favorite as of 04:11 on Nov 3, 2015

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

-Zydeco- posted:

Crosspost from the webcomics thread

Oh my gosh. I've seen lots great bird videos here, but this is the guy that makes me wish I had one of my own. I mean, just look at this wonderful weirdo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7eHVrrEmKI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chili posted:

Been a long weekend for Butterscotch:

First, when you’re somewhat socially phobic and stuck at a Gala for work where you’re expected to educate the masses on the merits of sand tray therapy, it's nice to know that when you get home, you can eat some Butterscotch:

That is not me cuddling him, that is just how he naturally gets his cuddles when you lie down. He's a master at armpit plopping.

Anyway, we took Butters to the SPCA for his check up and they’re really happy with how he’s doing. Apart from his horribly poopy butthole, which is incredibly raw and tender now, they were very please with health. To be clear, we've been doing the best we can, but we're cleaning up long standing poopy mess. They shaved up his backside and we’re now charged with the noble task of applying Vaseline back there as often as possible.

Apart from that, however, he has all but kicked his URI and is now able to roam around the house. And by roam, I of course mean finding a hiding place that he shouldn’t be able to fit in and promptly settling there for 10 hours:

He may just have been nervous 'cos we were doing our Fall cleaning.

He’s in relatively high spirits for now, but he and Monty (our forever cat) aren’t exactly best of friends. There was a little hissing at first but they have progressed now to what appears to be mutual disinterest, one of the highest forms of cat love as I understand it. So, there may be some hope.

Until we have to make that call, he’s our big boy and we’ll keep on lovin' on him. He’s just begun his diet and hopefully will start losing weight soon.

You still think he's not already at his forever home :allears:.

• Locked thread