Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Eonwe posted:

you get healed by radiation but you still look human

Well here we go, first ghoul gameplay. Can't expect that ghoul on the inside, smoothskin on the outside deal to last so maybe John Fallout will become a recurring full ghoul character. They have the voice and reason now for them to show up possibly 100 years in the future of 4 or another game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Vikar Jerome posted:

theres a loving perk to turn you into a ghoul but you dont become a ghoul on the outside, just the inside. :|

Wasn't that also in FO3? How's that new?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ah, % success dialog options. Never change, Bethesda.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

sector_corrector posted:

Ah, % success dialog options. Never change, Bethesda.

Whyyyyyyyyyy

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SunAndSpring posted:

Whyyyyyyyyyy

They don't show you the percentage to succeed, just Red / Yellow / Green, so it's even more opaque and random than with skills.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Police Automaton posted:

That was just "radiation heals you now for some reason" or the mutation from doing the Survival Guide extra mission. Mutation doesn't exactly mean ghoulified though like this explicitly states is what getting the perk does to you.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Police Automaton posted:

Not new but potentially very useful now that there are weapons that deal radiation damage. Get some rad grenades and you've got a pretty hilarious melee build.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Police Automaton posted:

Ssssort of. Rad Child regenerated the damage on your limbs and maybe your health, and Atomic! made you faster while in radiated areas, but radiation sickness could kill debuff and kill you. If this perk makes you totally immune to the downsides of radiation, however...

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

sector_corrector posted:

They don't show you the percentage to succeed, just Red / Yellow / Green, so it's even more opaque and random than with skills.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

LornMarkus posted:

Not new but potentially very useful now that there are weapons that deal radiation damage. Get some rad grenades and you've got a pretty hilarious melee build.

holy poo poo yes

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Eh, gently caress conversation. Set cha to 1 and let your plasma rifle do the talking.

Like so many others, I am thinking about doing a Rick Sanchez playthrough. Something like 3 str (armorer), 5 per (lockpicking and explosives), 4 end (chem resistant), 1 cha (gently caress cha), 10 int (smartest man in the universe), 2 agi (good enough for commando), 3 luck (bloody mess).

Get some sweet energy weapons, a labcoat, lots of drugs, and get into power armor when necessary.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Hmm, will I switch it up or do the good ol' light armour/small guns characters I always do?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Always go energy weapons and don't look back

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

sout posted:

Hmm, will I switch it up or do the good ol' light armour/small guns characters I always do?

I'm going to go with "nope."

sout
Apr 24, 2014

frajaq posted:

I did this in Fallout 2 and it didn't go too well for me.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao if you think Rick Sanchez doesn't have any charisma

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lazerboy works just fine in New Vegas, but that wasnt designed by goobers

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I always used assault/laser rifles and combat armour because you had an endless supply run up to you all across the DC wasteland, then when the Enclave came into the picture I could switch to their Power Armour because you'd have an endless supply to use as well. With weapon and armour(?) condition now out of the picture it now opens things up for other options that won't be a colossal pain and/or extremely expensive to maintain. I kinda want to see what other types of armour and outfits are in the game now and how stylish you can be while whacking people.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I still am surprised they totally ditched hardcore mode. It wasn't even hardcore. It just made some actions marginally more meaningful. Food and healing items and ammo for instance.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Khanstant posted:

I still am surprised they totally ditched hardcore mode. It wasn't even hardcore. It just made some actions marginally more meaningful. Food and healing items and ammo for instance.

I think they just wanted the game to go in a different direction than New Vegas, for better or worse. (Worse)

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Khanstant posted:

They never really "ditched" it since Fallout New Vegas was an Obsidian product. It doesn't seem like they looked over NV at all.

I'm going to do my first run with shotguns and rifles. I hope there's something like a M14 equivalent (there's a Ruger mini-M14 looking thing in the live-action trailer at least)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Filthy Monkey posted:

Eh, gently caress conversation. Set cha to 1 and let your plasma rifle do the talking.

Like so many others, I am thinking about doing a Rick Sanchez playthrough. Something like 3 str (armorer), 5 per (lockpicking and explosives), 4 end (chem resistant), 1 cha (gently caress cha), 10 int (smartest man in the universe), 2 agi (good enough for commando), 3 luck (bloody mess).

Get some sweet energy weapons, a labcoat, lots of drugs, and get into power armor when necessary.

Can't wait for the mods that make that Feel Good song play when you're in power armor.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

frajaq posted:

There's something satisfying in disintegrating a super mutant, but I'm looking forward to how the physics show how hosed up something like Bloody Mess should be.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Energy weapon enthusiasts will need to have high INT though. It's the only way to mod them up and make them even more ridiculously deadly.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
From the leaked gameplay footage, lasers looked pretty impressive, like they had actual impact and umph. If plasma has received the same treatment, energy weapons should be pretty baller.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I wish there was an in-game way to respec. Access to the recombobulating chamber or whatever.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

that spanish dude is finally talking about the loving perks.

its reddit but gently caress it, it's all we got right now. luck 5 confirmed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3r3rgv/spoilers_new_info_about_the_game_live_update/

theres a loving perk to turn you into a ghoul but you dont become a ghoul on the outside, just the inside. :|
drat you for making me click a reddit link rather than just posting the info (but thank you for sharing the link). Turns out most if it had already been posted in this topic, but here you go so other people don't have to click:

Spanish guy via reddit posted:

NEW PERK (LUCK 5): "You're not idiot...! Just different. Randomly receive three times EXP (experience points) for any action. The lower your intelligence, the greater the chance"

NEW PERK (END 9): Ghoul: "Of course, you are still human...Externally! Now radiation regenerates health."

NEW PERK (STR 10):Pain Train: " Choo choo! All aboard! If you are equipped with a Power Armor, sprint to the enemies to bash them and hurt them. Robotic and huge enemies wont bash."

NEW PERK (PER 7): Reflect: "You are like a mirror! Get +10 resistance to energy damage."

NEW PERK (INT 9): Nuclear physicist: "You have learnt to split the atom...and master it! Radiation weapons do 50% more damage and fusion core lasts 25% more."
Apparently "fusion core" is the fuel for the power armor.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Personal bet is that anything hardcore mode-ish from Bethesda would come as DLC, much like they bolted werewolves and not-lovely vampires onto Skyrim with Dawnguard and improved housing with Hearthfire. Bethesda isn't shy in the least about pushing a game out the door and gating gameplay improvements behind DLC. Plus there'll be mods inserting food/water/sleep and probably weapon degradation into the game within six months, tops.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, power armor is kind of use it and dump it outside of the suit you have in your garage. So I'm wondering how many extras you'll find that will make Nuclear Physicist useful extending any suit time.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Why waste time working on a hardcore mode when modders will do it for free? :v:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Magmarashi posted:

Because not only do I not think the graphics are that big of a deal, I also don't give a poo poo about conceding a point in an argument only turbospergs care about.

Only turbospergs care about graphics in video games, gotcha. "Turbosperg" seems like a really great way to describe someone with a different opinion than yourself. Very cool.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Hardcore mode is just a weird tacked on thing in these games anyway. Who cares about food/water when you have fast travel+unlimited funds? Stuff like that needs a game designed around it to be anything more than a lame nuisance after a couple of hours of gameplay.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Magmarashi posted:

Because not only do I not think the graphics are that big of a deal, I also don't give a poo poo about conceding a point in an argument only turbospergs care about.

lmao making a point about graphics in a visual medium makes you a turbosperg, gotcha

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Only turbospergs give a poo poo about trying to make other people who don't care concede to their point. Hope that helps.

The entire 'Why don't you just admit it instead of simply not caring about it' thing. It serves no purpose other than making the person who does care that much feel they're better than you for caring, and I don't really give a poo poo about stroking egos.

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 1, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Crabtree posted:

Yeah, power armor is kind of use it and dump it outside of the suit you have in your garage. So I'm wondering how many extras you'll find that will make Nuclear Physicist useful extending any suit time.

There's also that personal vertibird hinted at back in E3, so maybe you could round up power armor suits and have them air dropped or something.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Magmarashi posted:

agreed. i hope we can go back to 2.5D shooters like doom because frankly 3D graphics are basically only for turbospergs to obsess over

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

hemale in pain posted:

Hardcore mode is just a weird tacked on thing in these games anyway. Who cares about food/water when you have fast travel+unlimited funds? Stuff like that needs a game designed around it to be anything more than a lame nuisance after a couple of hours of gameplay.

Unmodded, this is true. Which's why I use other mods like Project Nevada to crank down the droprate of ammo, food, and money. Because yeah, once you have a few thousand caps on you, survival stops being an issue worth considering.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

hemale in pain posted:

fast travel+unlimited funds?

I don't use fast travel or infinite money. :colbert:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Minorkos posted:

agreed. i hope we can go back to 2.5D shooters like doom because frankly 3D graphics are basically only for turbospergs to obsess over

Agreed, DOOM forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Rockybar posted:

I think the major issue with older gpus is the lack of vram, I think PS4s can use up to 4gigs themselves?

It has 8 GB of GDDR5 memory, but games can only use 5.5 GB due to the rest being reserved by the OS.

• Locked thread