Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone in this thread should be treated for OCD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Alec Eiffel posted:

I don't think anyone that is a serious record collector is a normal person. Half the dealers I talk to are definitely on the spectrum.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

CPL593H posted:

I don't think anyone that is a serious record collector is a normal person. Half the dealers I talk to are definitely on the spectrum.

I like guy who asked if he should buy records he would enjoy listening to, or something else

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

CPL593H posted:

Some collect records in lieu of social skills I've noticed.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Alec Eiffel posted:

If the treatment involves pork and mashed potatoes, why not :shrug:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

anyone know any good record shops in tokyo? i've dropped by a few in shibuya but its been pretty dissapointing so far, found mostly the same crap you can get everywhere

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Quick guys, preorder now to secure your copy!

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-362304-herb-alpert-whipped-cream-and-other-delights-180g-vinyl-lp.aspx

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Not 200g, no buy

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

How many cans of whipped cream did they use to cover that lady?

Seems like a lot

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Why would I need a second copy?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The Eugene Mirman box set is 100% as advertised and it is magnificent.

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove

Gravel Gravy posted:

Seems like a lot

this reissue is a continued attempt to break even from those costs

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

The Eugene Mirman box set is 100% as advertised and it is magnificent.

What Eugene Mirman box set?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
https://megamart.subpop.com/releases/eugene_mirman/im_sorry_youre_welcome

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I have to have this.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.
If anyone wants to pay for slowboat shipping you can have them (these are my records):

Free: 90s-early 2000s Vinyl Rap Singles (30-ish records) -$1 (Minneapolis)

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/emd/5295906985.html

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

c0ldfuse posted:

If anyone wants to pay for slowboat shipping you can have them (these are my records):

If you can get me a more specific list, I'd be glad to take some off your hands.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

It's kind of all or nothing and I'm too lazy to make a list. I am giving them for free and want them all gone.

Notorious is in there too.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

If no one asks for them via CL by tomorrow night I'll post a list.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

I have to have this.
I can't confirm whether or not everything listed in that description is actually in the set, but the disc with 45 minutes of crying is really real and reeeeeeaaaallllly sloppy.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

c0ldfuse posted:

How much for shipping to 85053, ya think?

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

Gravel Gravy posted:

Seems like a lot

It was shaving foam actually, the whipped cream would have been a sloppy mess under the hot lights. Also this in no way hinders my plan to buy a copy of it every time I see one in a goodwill bin.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

caligulamprey posted:

I can't confirm whether or not everything listed in that description is actually in the set, but the disc with 45 minutes of crying is really real and reeeeeeaaaallllly sloppy.

I think it is, I read an interview with him and they talked about all the weird poo poo and how it was recording some of it

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Roots Radical posted:

It was shaving foam actually, the whipped cream would have been a sloppy mess under the hot lights. Also this in no way hinders my plan to buy a copy of it every time I see one in a goodwill bin.

Is it a good album or something?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Gravel Gravy posted:

It's way more listenable than its cover would imply.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Herb Alpert is cool and good to listen to while doing household tasks.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU1tiOczcWI

Bless you Herb Alpert.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I know I have bought two versions of this (LP and single, both different) but can't find them :( I'm sick and need something to just put on repeat. (:lol: if you don't have a record player with a repeat function.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ennMD1fPtXA

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Wait, no love for This Guy's In Love With You? That is like a top notch song and has nothing to do with whip cream.

Interesting fact: Herb is the only artist to have scored number one hit singles with both vocal and instrumental recordings.

Cemetry Gator fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 2, 2015

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

Gravel Gravy posted:

It's a pretty fun instrumental album, but I just want to buy a bunch of them just cause of the cheapness and ubiquity of it all. I could spend less on a hundred of them than some people might spend on one album.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Huh, I've been humming this guy's stuff all my life and didn't even realize it.

Ok I'm sold.

Shame the thrift store around here don't have much else beside's Perry Coumo does Christmas.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cemetry Gator posted:

Wait, no love for This Guy's In Love With You? That is like a top notch song and has nothing to do with whip cream.

Huh. I've only ever heard the non-Alpert version. Can't say he's much of a singer.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

ddddddffdfddddfddf posted:

How much for shipping to 85053, ya think?

If I can con them into sending it media mail (which is legal to send vinyl) it's $7.50, otherwise $22 standard rate.

If you're interested I can drop them off to ship this week. I'll write up quick what I have too (if you and numerrik want to split them that's fine since I told him I wasn't going to write it up).

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Gravel Gravy posted:

Huh, I've been humming this guy's stuff all my life and didn't even realize it.

Ok I'm sold.

Shame the thrift store around here don't have much else beside's Perry Coumo does Christmas.

Your store has some alpert trust us.one you know about him you'll never stop seeing him.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I dare you to find a better cost/quality ratio than a Herb Alpert album.

Edit --> Huh, I wonder where this avatar came from, :wtc:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Possibly Chicken posted:

Your store has some alpert trust us.one you know about him you'll never stop seeing him.

I don't think you're legally allowed to have a record store or thrift store if you don't have some Herb Alpert. Like, it's like having a bar without fire exits, or a car without a horn, or a school without teachers.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cemetry Gator posted:

I don't think you're legally allowed to have a record store or thrift store if you don't have some Herb Alpert. Like, it's like having a bar without fire exits, or a car without a horn, or a school without teachers.

What about Bert Kämpfert?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUFvr2kcwYw

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

c0ldfuse posted:

If I can con them into sending it media mail (which is legal to send vinyl) it's $7.50, otherwise $22 standard rate.

If you're interested I can drop them off to ship this week. I'll write up quick what I have too (if you and numerrik want to split them that's fine since I told him I wasn't going to write it up).

I'd like a write up, since I am looking for specific albums, except for wanting anything Eminem or tech n9ne

admiraldennis
Jul 22, 2003

I am the stone that builder refused
I am the visual
The inspiration
That made lady sing the blues

c0ldfuse posted:

It's kind of all or nothing and I'm too lazy to make a list. I am giving them for free and want them all gone.

Notorious is in there too.

c0ldfuse posted:

I'd gladly take them all media mail to 02144. Still spinning up on collecting vinyl this year and would love to have some hip-hop from the golden era of my youth.

LMK :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Roots Radical posted:

It's a pretty fun instrumental album, but I just want to buy a bunch of them just cause of the cheapness and ubiquity of it all. I could spend less on a hundred of them than some people might spend on one album.

Play them all at once and record it like that guy did with the White Album.