Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

RagnarokZ posted:

Great start to your adult life kid, mind you, this was before the Crisis, so the bank didn't even blink or stop her from doing this. Good times.

Is the Crisis what Demarkians call the 2007 financial meltdown or did something else happen? And did it involve Legos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Krispy Kareem posted:

Is the Crisis what Demarkians call the 2007 financial meltdown or did something else happen? And did it involve Legos?

The demonym is "Dane".

Yes, that's what we call the GFC, except it didn't really take hold until around 2008-2009 here.

And, no, sadly, it did not involve legos.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

What

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Krispy Kareem posted:

They are of course referring to the Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Humphrey Appleby
Oct 30, 2013

Knowledge only means complicity in guilt; ignorance has a certain dignity.
BWM: People telling myths about credit scores. Such as you have to leave a bit of the balance not paid so that it builds your credit score.

GWM: Credit Bureaus obfuscating credit scores, so that people believe and perpetuate myths.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Humphrey Appleby posted:

BWM: People telling myths about credit scores. Such as you have to leave a bit of the balance not paid so that it builds your credit score.

GWM: Credit Bureaus obfuscating credit scores, so that people believe and perpetuate myths.

The best part of this is people who are in financial deep poo poo and they're super worried about their credit score

"I just got a huge pay cut and now I don't have money to meet my overextended obligations. I can't pay rent or buy food. Also I'm worried about the effect on my :siren:Credit Score:siren:"

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Uncle Enzo posted:

The best part of this is people who are in financial deep poo poo and they're super worried about their credit score

"I just got a huge pay cut and now I don't have money to meet my overextended obligations. I can't pay rent or buy food. Also I'm worried about the effect on my :siren:Credit Score:siren:"

It became rather obvious during the subprime collapse in 2007. People would rather abandon their home and mortgage (which they had no equity in) but would keep their credit card payments going. If you are really poor your credit score is all you have.

For content an article on "stuff" the accumulation of it and that people buy stuff and are most likely underinsured for all the things they have. There's even reference to recreational shopping.

quote:

That possessions creep is something households need to be mindful of to avoid ending up with lots of stuff and very little money.

It's one of the reasons I avoid recreational shopping. There's just too much cool stuff around which you don't really need.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/money/73458100/owning-stuff-is-like-volunteering-for-extra-tax

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Uncle Enzo posted:

You have a point about missing the forest for the trees, but that poo poo makes everything else you deal with even more expensive. Your car insurance rates rise, any other loans or credit lines have their interest rates raised, it's harder to get even a checking account. Credit ratings are bullshit. I mean Jesus, in the US, employers have the right to ask for your report. Sure, legally you can refuse, and they can legally not hire you. Then there's this disgusting practice of new jobs looking at your old pay history to determine what to pay you at a different company for a different job.

Obviously the smart thing to do is not to get into financial trouble in the first place. But that's a little easier said than done to start, and even someone who corrects bad habits is going to have a very difficult time getting out of the hole once they get in.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Devian666 posted:

It became rather obvious during the subprime collapse in 2007. People would rather abandon their home and mortgage (which they had no equity in) but would keep their credit card payments going. If you are really poor your credit score is all you have.

For content an article on "stuff" the accumulation of it and that people buy stuff and are most likely underinsured for all the things they have. There's even reference to recreational shopping.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/money/73458100/owning-stuff-is-like-volunteering-for-extra-tax
I never understood the logic behind that mindset: "drat. I lost my job, and I might lose the house. I'll never be able to borrow money and go into debt, again!"

You... want to borrow more money after losing your house? Because if I lose the roof over my head, the last thing I'd want is some new debt.

Great linked article, by the way. It's really strange that people measure financial well-being by how much junk they have in their house. An acquaintance of ours recently commented on how "empty" my house looked (as if it was a bad thing). And I've helped out friends with selling their leftover junk on Craigslist, garage sales, etc and it's crazy just how worthless most of the stuff in your basement really is. You'd be lucky to recoup 40% back on what you spent on most of your stuff. And what's scarier is that a lot of people think that the junk they've been storing is enough to fund their retirement because they watch Storage Wars and think they're arbitrage professionals.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Nov 1, 2015

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

It can be pretty messed up since a lot of apartment rental markets require credit checks and you have a way worse selection of places (that you have to pay a premium on) if your score is bad.

So yeah I'd be pretty concerned about my credit score.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Humphrey Appleby posted:

If you have no debt, and want to micromanage you credit score, leaving a balance between 2-9% utilization on one card will absolutely raise your score, as well as having an installment loan with less than 50% of the balance left.

Obviously none of this stuff matters if you are paying late or maxing out cards, but that's not who that advice is for. It is not a myth. Also, we're talking about letting balances report to the credit bureaus, not leaving balances on and paying interest on things. No one would ever recommend that. But if you're trying to shave a point off a mortgage and you're near a borderline, micromanaging your balance reporting will have a positive effect.

It's not difficult to test for yourself, get yourself a subscription to something that updates your FICO daily, like credit check total, and mess with your reported balances for a couple of months.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

NancyPants posted:

You have a point about missing the forest for the trees, but that poo poo makes everything else you deal with even more expensive. Your car insurance rates rise, any other loans or credit lines have their interest rates raised, it's harder to get even a checking account. Credit ratings are bullshit. I mean Jesus, in the US, employers have the right to ask for your report. Sure, legally you can refuse, and they can legally not hire you. Then there's this disgusting practice of new jobs looking at your old pay history to determine what to pay you at a different company for a different job.

Obviously the smart thing to do is not to get into financial trouble in the first place. But that's a little easier said than done to start, and even someone who corrects bad habits is going to have a very difficult time getting out of the hole once they get in.

Yeah, exactly. Worrying about credit score is not BWM at all. Credit scores affect a poo poo ton of stuff. Credit worthiness determines the rates for most payments, and can even have an impact on the person's career.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm sure this is a popular topic for the writers at stuff.co.nz.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

enraged_camel posted:

Yeah, exactly. Worrying about credit score is not BWM at all. Credit scores affect a poo poo ton of stuff. Credit worthiness determines the rates for most payments, and can even have an impact on the person's career.

Actually, a lot of lenders (I'm talking from a Canadian perspective, by the way. Things might differ in your jurisdiction) consider the actual beacon score to be a very small part of the lending equation when determining the qualifying. More important factors include capacity, existing savings, and even the applicant's reputation in their community. Because if that person is in a position of influence, financial institutions might give them a discounted interest rate to help anchor down future business. The reality is that lending solely on the basis of a beacon score is a recipe for disaster, because there's a lot of people with terrible finances who manage to maintain a somewhat-decent score.

BadSamaritan posted:

It can be pretty messed up since a lot of apartment rental markets require credit checks and you have a way worse selection of places (that you have to pay a premium on) if your score is bad.

So yeah I'd be pretty concerned about my credit score.
I see what you're saying. I hadn't thought of that. I was thinking more about the Canadian borrowers I've worked with who flip their poo poo when you turn down their boat loan application.

melon cat fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 2, 2015

Humphrey Appleby
Oct 30, 2013

Knowledge only means complicity in guilt; ignorance has a certain dignity.

hanales posted:

If you have no debt, and want to micromanage you credit score, leaving a balance between 2-9% utilization on one card will absolutely raise your score, as well as having an installment loan with less than 50% of the balance left.

Obviously none of this stuff matters if you are paying late or maxing out cards, but that's not who that advice is for. It is not a myth. Also, we're talking about letting balances report to the credit bureaus, not leaving balances on and paying interest on things. No one would ever recommend that. But if you're trying to shave a point off a mortgage and you're near a borderline, micromanaging your balance reporting will have a positive effect.

It's not difficult to test for yourself, get yourself a subscription to something that updates your FICO daily, like credit check total, and mess with your reported balances for a couple of months.

I realize my statement was a bit vague. In this scenario the person was told they would pay 90% of the balance and leave the rest unpaid so they have debt which gains interest. Instead of paying it in full every month.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Humphrey Appleby posted:

I realize my statement was a bit vague. In this scenario the person was told they would pay 90% of the balance and leave the rest unpaid so they have debt which gains interest. Instead of paying it in full every month.

Ahh ok, yes that's bad/incomplete advice.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm sure this is a popular topic for the writers at stuff.co.nz.

I was amused by stuff.co.nz saying stuff is bad and a tax on you. It's quite true as it's a terrible local news site but I still look at it everyday.

melon cat posted:

Great linked article, by the way. It's really strange that people measure financial well-being by how much junk they have in their house. An acquaintance of ours recently commented on how "empty" my house looked (as if it was a bad thing). And I've helped out friends with selling their leftover junk on Craigslist, garage sales, etc and it's crazy just how worthless most of the stuff in your basement really is. You'd be lucky to recoup 40% back on what you spent on most of your stuff. And what's scarier is that a lot of people think that the junk they've been storing is enough to fund their retirement because they watch Storage Wars and think they're arbitrage professionals.

Moving into a house was something else. I needed to buy furniture, fridge, washing machine and a new TV (well I didn't but a 32" tv is too small for a large lounge). Other than occasional gardening tools or supplies I've stopped buying stuff. All the boxes of things I've been hauling around I've been getting into to see if I want to keep things. Going through my old RPG books and wargames has provided a bit of entertainment. You don't need to buy new stuff to be entertained, I'm getting fun out of stuff I bought in the 80s.

Devian666 fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 2, 2015

Powerlurker
Oct 21, 2010

NancyPants posted:

Credit scores have a good amount of rigor behind them and tend to correlate with a lot of other aspects of generally having one's life in order. It's well known in actuarial circles that credit score is strongly predictive of future loss claims: https://www.casact.org/pubs/forum/03wforum/03wf113.pdf
https://repositories.lib.utexas.edu/bitstream/handle/2152/14798/bbr-2003-credit-and-insurance-losses.pdf?sequence=5
https://www.progressive.com/content/PDF/shop/EPIC-CreditScores.pdf

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Powerlurker posted:

Credit scores have a good amount of rigor behind them and tend to correlate with a lot of other aspects of generally having one's life in order. It's well known in actuarial circles that credit score is strongly predictive of future loss claims: https://www.casact.org/pubs/forum/03wforum/03wf113.pdf
https://repositories.lib.utexas.edu/bitstream/handle/2152/14798/bbr-2003-credit-and-insurance-losses.pdf?sequence=5

I amend my statement. Everything in your life being dictated by your credit report is bullshit.

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004

NancyPants posted:

I amend my statement. Everything in your life being dictated by your credit report is bullshit.

If you somehow artificially restrict the use of credit scores, which are powerful predictors and allow financial companies to accurately price risk, then everyone else with good credit has to subsidize the uncertainty of bad credit with higher interest rates. No thanks.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Let he who has not externalities cast the first 'I don't want to subsidize them' stone

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
My dad used to complain about the lack of trust in banking. That no one ever sealed the deal with a handshake anymore. That a man's word was his bond.

My dad also declared bankruptcy multiple times and hosed his family over financially at every opportunity. Credit scores aren't perfect, but they beat the alternatives because people suck.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

it came from reddit posted:

I guess I should start by saying that I know what I did was wrong and stupid and illegal, but that it was one of those things that "never seemed like a big deal at the time," but the gravity of it is slowly sinking in.
I am a bartender in a large city in the American Southeast and for the past 5-6 years I've been sticking somewhere between $50-100 into a sort of giant piggy bank I have in my room after every shift. This past week it had finally gotten to the point where I physically could not stuff another bill in there so I figured it was finally time to crack the thing open and count up. Several hours and many dozens of rubber bands later, I currently have just over $95,000 sitting in a pile in the corner of my room and I'm kind of freaking the gently caress out.
I'm sure a lot of you will mock me for my lack of planning and for letting it get this out of hand, but I honestly never even thought about this money. I would just grab a few $20s at the end of every shift, roll them up, cram them in, and forget about them. It just became a sort of automatic ritual that I never thought twice about. In my head there was $10k maybe $15k in there, but it was really just something I never even thought about.
Obviously it's pretty exciting, I've never even seen this much money in one place before, but I have absolutely no idea where to go from here. I claim a very tiny percentage of my tips, pretty much only the ones I get via credit card (we are primarily a cash bar) and for the past few years I've claimed around $22,000-$30,000 in total earnings. Clearly I've been making significantly more than that but I don't keep track of my tips (I know I know) and literally everything in my life is paid for in cash so there is no 'paper trail' for any of this money. I rent a house from a friend of mine and pay $1300 cash a month, both of my cars were paid for in cash up front from people I met off craigslist, I eat out most meals and again this is all paid for in cash. Really the only things I use my debit card for is car insurance and my cell phone bill (combined for about $400 a month).
Some background: I am a 27 year old single male. No degree. No kids. No debt. I don't even have a credit card. I've never checked my credit score and at this point I'm almost too afraid to. I don't have a 401k or and IRA or a broker or any of the other things I see all over this sub and none of the posts in the FAQ section really apply to my situation. All I have is my cars, my dog, around $28,000 in my checking account and just shy of $100,000 in cash sitting on my bedroom floor.
So my question is this: what the Hell do I do now? I'm not exactly a financial wizard but even I know that if I walk into my credit union with all this and try and fill out a deposit slip its going to raise some serious questions from them and from the IRS but I really have no idea what else to do. At this point I'd honestly rather just report it to the IRS and pay whatever I owe on it just so I can deposit it and get it out of my house, but I dont want to go to jail or have it seized by the police or something. Do I have any other options? Should I start buying up gold or find some seedy businessman to launder the money with? This is just such a ridiculous problem I never expected to have and I would really appreciate any and all advice. Thanks for taking the time to read all this.
TL;DR: accidentally saved up around $100,000 in cash. none of it filed with the IRS. wat do.

As someone who worker as a bartender before and clamed basically none of my cash tips I can't decide if this is GWM or bad. On one hand why would you not save your paycheck and use your cash tips for living expenses like everyone else in the service industry.

On the other hand the guy has no debt and 100k in cash saved up. Would it be bad with money to just buy a high quality safe, keep the cash in it and just live off that 100k till its gone? While contributing the majority of his paycheck to a tax advantaged account. Explain to me why this is a terrible idea (I'm sure it is). Obviously you risk theft but 100k can buy a pretty nice safe.

Legal ramifications aside if you have 100k in cash do you get the most out of that money by reporting it and investing? What else can you do with that much cash if you don't want to pay taxes?

About how much of that money will he have to pay the IRS when he claims it?

dangling pointer fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Nov 2, 2015

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
He could claim half of it this year as tips, and half next year as tips (keep it somewhere safe until then) and I think he'd be okay. If he did that, he'd probably have to give up something like $13k each year, but he'd end up with $34.5k left each year.

Then he could max out an IRA 3 times (2015, 2016, 2017 in Jan 2017 after filing taxes for 2016) and throw the remaining 52.5k into the bank with the 28k that's already there, and be set up very well for a bartender. 80k ought to be plenty to put down a down payment on a home and have lots left for emergencies, and he'd have a nice little nest egg going with his IRA.

I mean yeah he could just live off it, but A) the IRS would probably find out at some point and B) with no retirement savings, he needs to get started on that and 16.5k in a Roth IRA will do him a lot more good in 32 years than 100k in cash will (about triple the value in 32 years, and that's not even counting whatever he did with the other 52k).

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He sells drugs. Not drinks.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

dangling pointer posted:

As someone who worker as a bartender before and clamed basically none of my cash tips I can't decide if this is GWM or bad. On one hand why would you not save your paycheck and use your cash tips for living expenses like everyone else in the service industry.

On the other hand the guy has no debt and 100k in cash saved up. Would it be bad with money to just buy a high quality safe, keep the cash in it and just live off that 100k till its gone? While contributing the majority of his paycheck to a tax advantaged account. Explain to me why this is a terrible idea (I'm sure it is). Obviously you risk theft but 100k can buy a pretty nice safe.

Legal ramifications aside if you have 100k in cash do you get the most out of that money by reporting it and investing? What else can you do with that much cash if you don't want to pay taxes?

About how much of that money will he have to pay the IRS when he claims it?

Not counting his state and local taxes, about 28% if he dropped it all in at once depending on how many exemptions(if any) he was able to claim. He should straight up walk into his credit union and deposit it- it's not illegal to have/deposit a bunch of cash, the 10k reporting limit thing just means some databases exchange some info, it doesn't make it unlawful. Also someone should point him to the IRS's page on tips here, which tells you in detail how to handle tips on tax forms, how to report them, etc.

No Butt Stuff posted:

If the guy is willing to pay back taxes on the money he should be good to go. Talk to an accountant, drop the money in the bank, fill out some forms, pay his taxes and he's good to go. If he can fudge something together for how he ended up with that much money over how much time I think that'd suffice.

Edit 2: Go to the bank and Pray the local corrupt cops don't stop him and decide to do some Asset Forfeiture (theft). Come to think of it Asset Forfeiture is probably his #1 threat - the IRS only wants their legal piece. The local cops are gonna go after the whole drat thing.

Edit 3: Even if it were illegal drug money, he can and should still report it. You are allowed to write in unlawful income sources on your tax forms, and doing so will shield you from tax evasion charges. Not from charges about the crimes themselves, and I think not if they've already filed evasion charges, but you can indeed write "Drug Sales" on the occupation line and the IRS will accept the taxes on it no fuss.

vvvv I think they're only allowed to seize cash + physical goods - Once it's in the bank I think the IRS/FBI are all he has to worry about.

Uncle Enzo fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 2, 2015

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Yeah, asset forfeiture is absolutely his biggest problem if he hasn't told anyone else about this, which is why he's freaking out about just putting it into the bank. His only recourse would be to spend a ton of money that he doesn't otherwise have on a crapshoot in getting it back. Putting it into a safe and slowly declaring it over the next few years in tips sounds like the safest thing he can do.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

Nail Rat posted:

He could claim half of it this year as tips, and half next year as tips (keep it somewhere safe until then) and I think he'd be okay. If he did that, he'd probably have to give up something like $13k each year, but he'd end up with $34.5k left each year.

Then he could max out an IRA 3 times (2015, 2016, 2017 in Jan 2017 after filing taxes for 2016) and throw the remaining 52.5k into the bank with the 28k that's already there, and be set up very well for a bartender. 80k ought to be plenty to put down a down payment on a home and have lots left for emergencies, and he'd have a nice little nest egg going with his IRA.

I mean yeah he could just live off it, but A) the IRS would probably find out at some point and B) with no retirement savings, he needs to get started on that and 16.5k in a Roth IRA will do him a lot more good in 32 years than 100k in cash will (about triple the value in 32 years, and that's not even counting whatever he did with the other 52k).

Why would the IRS audit him if he lived off it? Obviously he isn't living extravagantly because he was able to save so much. He pays his rent in cash to a friend. If he is on the lease for it he could get a roommate so he doesn't have to be on the lease.

He has 28k in his checking which is enough in case he has to make any large purchases. If he makes 25k a year on paper he can still max out a Roth IRA with that money. All while still making more cash in tips.

I know nothing about how the IRS decides to audit someone or tax laws.

I'm curious of how they would find out.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
I found 10 bucks on the ground and started thinking about creative ways of spending it rather than just immediately putting it into savings/debt.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

No Butt Stuff posted:

ITT goons independently reinvent money laundering, as well as its primary purpose

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

Volmarias posted:

Yeah, asset forfeiture is absolutely his biggest problem if he hasn't told anyone else about this, which is why he's freaking out about just putting it into the bank. His only recourse would be to spend a ton of money that he doesn't otherwise have on a crapshoot in getting it back. Putting it into a safe and slowly declaring it over the next few years in tips sounds like the safest thing he can do.

I'd say on his next day off that his credit union's open, put the money in a backpack in his trunk, drive to the bank and walk in and say "I need to make a deposit". If they have him fill out some form for "where'd this money come from" He should just say "Saved a couple 20's every shift from work as bartender at $BAR for last 5 years".

Also 5 years working 5.5 days a week gives 1430 working days, $95,000 / 1430 days = 66 bucks/working day, matching his "couple 20's a night" story exactly, taking into account some better nights, multiple shifts, etc. I've worked in a tipped profession and making 100$/day in tips is drat good but not hard to believe. He should do what Nail Rat said- make some IRA contributions, pay some taxes, and be good to go.

After a very stressful trip to the bank.

Uncle Enzo fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 2, 2015

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006

Volmarias posted:

Putting it into a safe and slowly declaring it over the next few years in tips sounds like the safest thing he can do.

If he's selling drugs, then might as well add a federal count of structuring (cf. Hastert, Dennis) to his rap sheet. In the extremely unlikely scenario where he's earned this money legitimately, I'm not sure committing a federal crime is the safest course of action. I'd say he's best off hiring an accountant (in cash, I guess) to amend his previous tax returns to report the income over however many years he's been deficient, and then just making sure he gets squared up with the IRS. After that, just deposit the cash as normal into retirement/savings/whatever.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

Powerlurker posted:

Some of this is cause and effect reversal though.

This forum is full of advice for life-in-order people about how to maximize their credit score exactly because it's being used for more things than it needs to. If it was a different metric they needed to worry about, they'd worry about that, or at least stop doing somewhat silly things like leaving credit cards they have no intention of using open just to affect their utilization numbers.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

No Butt Stuff posted:

He lives in Florida, I don't know why no one has suggested he uses it to get a bigger bulk discount on blow to increase his profit margins.

e: I don't think it's that unlikely that he made the money by saving tips. It's not uncommon to go home with about $200 in cash on weekends if it's a nice place, and I worked in a smaller/poorer city in Ohio not a major city.

dangling pointer fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 2, 2015

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

ShadowHawk posted:

ITT goons independently reinvent money laundering, as well as its primary purpose

What you do is crowdfund an internet spaceship game founded on dreams of spergs. Then you can launder the money through the books while never producing the game by running it as a long con. :gary:

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
You can get 200-300 in a weekend night at a decent, slightly nicer place. My wife averages 200 a night at her part time.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

Devian666 posted:

What you do is crowdfund an internet spaceship game founded on dreams of spergs. Then you can launder the money through the books while never producing the game by running it as a long con. :gary:

When they finally figure out if they are laundering money or just completely incompetent please post an update here. That thread is impossible to follow.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

dangling pointer posted:

When they finally figure out if they are laundering money or just completely incompetent please post an update here. That thread is impossible to follow.

It will probably be months before there is something concrete. Court filings, discovery and lawyer antics will take a while to resolve.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
Find an accountant, amend back taxes, deposit it... Done.

No Butt Stuff posted:

There is a difference?

dangling pointer posted:

He lives in Florida, I don't know why no one has suggested he uses it to get a bigger bulk discount on blow to increase his profit margins.

e: I don't think it's that unlikely that he made the money by saving tips. It's not uncommon to go home with about $200 in cash on weekends if it's a nice place, and I worked in a smaller/poorer city in Ohio not a major city.
Good idea!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://money.stackexchange.com/questions/55495/how-to-rescue-my-money-from-negative-interest

• Locked thread