Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i get why the titles are green but they should take all the green off so they look respectable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

do they have a licensing deal with an energy drink company or something

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

And your new GFW women's champ Christina Von Eeri!!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

I wonder how many paid.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

dsriggs posted:

I wonder how many paid.

Everyone paid with regret and shame

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I feel like those belts wouldn't look bad without the loving neon green. The World Title is a bit busy but the tag titles look nice. It's the green that really kills them, though.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

dsriggs posted:

I wonder how many paid.

Dave says around 500, mostly papered. He also said Chael Sonnen is a fantastic promo.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

That's 500 people? That's a really good looking crowd for 500 people.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

Dave says around 500, mostly papered. He also said Chael Sonnen is a fantastic promo.

err I count 1000+. maybe 500 paid, though.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah even if there's absolutely nobody on the camera side, there's got to be 900 people in that shot at the very least.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

coconono posted:

lol, oops

You'd think the guy at an event called GHB would be Joey Ryan.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

coconono posted:

err I count 1000+. maybe 500 paid, though.

Dave clarified - people with papered tickets were coming and going all night and he was told 500 by people who were there. When the show started there was like nobody there, people showed up as it went along. The overall attendance was 2100 from the building but there weren't 2100 in the arena at any one point.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

word coming up JJ is going to announce the first TV station today. Assuming it hasn't already fallen through.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

#JoinTheForce

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I hope it's Food Network

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Jarrett just announced GFW got picked up by Dailymotion. Wow. This changes the game.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Jarrett just announced GFW got picked up by Dailymotion. Wow. This changes the game.

lol hell yes

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

That's not a tv station

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

It is in the topsy-turvy world of 2015.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The worst part is I can't tell if that's a joke post

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chris James 2 posted:

The worst part is I can't tell if that's a joke post

same

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is it a joke or no

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

epitasis posted:

is it a joke or no

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Considering it's where all NJPW ends up anyway might as well start there.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is an odd picture to promote their tour of the UK.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Is it me or does that ring look tiny as all hell :psyduck:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

DJExile posted:

its a metaphor for gfw

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

that ring's almost small enough to have Grado main event it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DJExile posted:

Rings are really small in England because it's a bad inferior country.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerry Jarrett posted:

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together. I once stated that I would get back in the wrestling business when hell froze over. I'm feeling a chill in the air. It is a bit early to announce the plan, but the contracts are with the attorneys. If you wishes for wrestling like it was, you will have a chance to tune in.

Could Jerry Join The Force

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

:psyduck:

He's gonna have to write a second autobiography for everything that'll go wrong in GFW.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I wishes for wrestling like it was

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Update it's worse than joining the force

quote:

It was speculated that Jarrett may be working with the new Classic Wrestling Revolution promotion in Las Vegas or possibly working with his son at Global Force Wrestling as the two are back on speaking terms. Jerry won't be working with CWR or GFW as he's heading up a new 13-week wrestling series that will be similar to WWE Tough Enough or the "wrestling version" of American Idol.

Jarrett's team will be visiting different independent wrestling promotions to do a talent search and will soon be calling on indie wrestlers to submit their audition tapes. The idea is to then invite 30-50 talents in to begin the process. The competitions will likely take place at smaller indie promotions with a few special events ran from major markets such as Las Vegas, Orlando or New York City. The finalists from the smaller markets would then compete against each other at the major market events. The idea is to then do a tour with the winners of the competition, some of the finalists and a few established wrestlers that have been with WWE or TNA, or worked in Japan in the past.

Regarding the actual competitions, indie wrestlers will perform in the ring, in front of a three-judge panel. If there's a botch or something the judges don't like, they will have a buzzer that they can stop the match with.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bored, possibly drunk judges with a match ending buzzer? Sign me the gently caress up.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

dear god, that sounds terrible

i mean, it's gonna be hilarious

but that sounds like the worst money pit

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I hope he goes to SSW since it's near his old territory anyway

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

ssw gongshow would be my promotion of the year and jerry jarrett promoter of the year

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

speaking of SSW, Beau James ripped me off.

I sent him $90 for some spindles of DVD-Rs with old WCW and USWA shows on them. Its been over a month and he hasn't shipped or replied to my emails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

coconono posted:

speaking of SSW, Beau James ripped me off.

I sent him $90 for some spindles of DVD-Rs with old WCW and USWA shows on them. Its been over a month and he hasn't shipped or replied to my emails.

he's fat

• Locked thread