Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

INSIDE DEBATE MEETING: Bush team pushing to reinstate Telemundo. Trump’s team says no, threatens boycott.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Am I wrong, or did the article you guys linked earlier say the candidates themselves won't be there, just 2 reps? Sounds not as much fun :(

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

I know Graham needs to come out of the closet and all but even he doesn't deserve being outed by Trump

But it would be the yoogest, classiest, most luxurious outing.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Jeb! won a round! The other campaigns agree that campaigns should have veto power over the graphics displayed next to them so that this:

doesn't happen again.

agent_wildflower
Sep 7, 2011

Trump really is that guy in class who comes up with those awful nicknames for people that stick through their entire school career.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Cael posted:

INSIDE DEBATE MEETING: Bush team pushing to reinstate Telemundo. Trump’s team says no, threatens boycott.

I WONDER WHO WILL WIN THIS CONFRONTATION???

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RIqkP0lPtQ

I applaud her for her bravery.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 22, 2016

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

agent_wildflower posted:

Trump really is that guy in class who comes up with those awful nicknames for people that stick through their entire school career.

Low Enerjeb, Rubs... what else?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

BUSH: L-lets, um, reinstate Telemundo. How does that sound, guys?

TRUMP: No.

BUSH: Okay.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
RIP, Fred Thompson, former clown car participant.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/01/fred-thompson-actor-and-senator-who-ran-for-president-dies-at-73

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
UNLEASH CHANG!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

The pipes on this lady, let it rip Mrs. Carson!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So they're both insane

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Lum_ posted:

Of Florida?

Voldemort.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Lum_ posted:

Of Florida?

Voldemort.

that's the hybrid alien that the queen birthed in Alien Resurrection

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:spooky:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Look at that dude and tell me reptilians aren't real

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Echo Chamber posted:

UNLEASH CHANG!

Tibet's a lot bigger than I though it was.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
The Telemundo this is a real bind for Jeb! Because Reince made the decision to cancel the NBC/Univision debate, this puts the Bush campaign in the position of saying that they want to give up when even the RNC wants to fight the networks. Trump's position is in line with Reince's and is against Jeb!

EDIT:

It looks as though no major changes are planned re: the November 10th debate (which is more friendly to their proposals anyway, as it is going to have 90 second answers with 60 second rebuttals rather than 60/30), but that they're more interested in changing things up for the December 15th debate on CNN.

Patter Song fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 2, 2015

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Veto power over on-screen graphics is amazing. NOTHING MAY PENETRATE THE BUBBLE.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

These changes will certainly help Jeb!

agent_wildflower
Sep 7, 2011
Took a lot of work but after all that grinding I finally got one:

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
If Dems are smart they should attack the candidates over how this debate about the debates is happening. But they won't.

e: I mean come on

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 23m23 minutes ago

BREAKING NEWS: There will be a letter of demands sent to networks from campaigns in the next 48 hours, per leaders of tonight's mtg.

Robert Costa ‏@costareports 12m12 minutes ago

What happened tonight, in one sentence: The GOP camps agreed on a letter that they'll soon send to networks, a letter crafted w/o RNC input.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

CortezFantastic posted:

If Dems are smart they should attack the candidates over how this debate about the debates is happening. But they won't.

BREAKING NEWS: There will be a letter of demands sent to networks from campaigns in the next 48 hours, per leaders of tonight's mtg.

What happened tonight, in one sentence: The GOP camps agreed on a letter that they'll soon send to networks, a letter crafted w/o RNC input.

I am pretty sure they will engage in some Harry Reid-esque trolling but why not just let the media and the republicans go at it

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

What do I think about America? Uh, she's pretty hot.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
All th dems need to do is profusely thank the media at every opportunity and express appreciation for the tough questions blah blah blah

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

I sincerely, truly thought you were making GBS threads me. :catstare:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 22, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

that subtle rear end pinch :heysexy:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I love my dad too, but I ain't gonna kill anyone for him and take the fall for it. What a rube.

You're not going to get far in the Mafia with that attitude. :toughguy:

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

CortezFantastic posted:

Prediction: Campaigns were not able to agree tonight on any substantive demands. In the next 48 hours we will hear differing demands from individual campaigns leading to a confusing clusterfuck.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
So Alabama has its filling deadline on Friday. It's not as simple as just signing a sheet of paper, though. You need to run delegates for each of Alabama's 47 delegate slots or, even if you win, you don't get the delegate for the vacant slots.

http://algop.org/elections/2016-qualified-alabama-republican-candidates/2016-republican-national-convention-delegate/

You can track how the candidates are doing here. It's a good seriousness test.

Rubio has 28 out of 47, and he and Carson at 26/47 are the ones with the fullest delegate loadout yet. Cruz at 23 and Trump at 20 are close behind. Jeb! and Fiorina are at 14 and 13. Kasich, Huckabee, Paul, and Santorum are in the low single digits, and Christie, Gilmore, Jindal, Graham, and Pataki don't have any.

Which candidates will run a full 47 delegate slate by Friday? Can Jeb Bush find 47 people in Alabama who like him enough to sign up to be on his delegate slate? Stay tuned.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

Tibet's a lot bigger than I though it was.

Tibet is actually three whole provinces on that map, 'Tibet Area', 'Qinghai', and 'Xikang' plus Bhutan and the purple bit that's part of India

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Good Citizen posted:

I WONDER WHO WILL WIN THIS CONFRONTATION???

With Jeb's luck, I imagine him winning then everyone feels really sorry for Trump and says Bush was a monster for pushimg him so hard. He drops 2 points while Trump goes up 6.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/11/01/read-the-letter-that-ben-ginsberg-drafted-for-the-gop-summit/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

quote:

Can you pledge that the temperature in the hall be kept below 67 degrees?

Well now we know what the Rubio campaign had to add to this farce.

• Locked thread