Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
CHA, INT and PER to start, and moving into LCK and AGI seems like my gameplan. I'm getting more excited, even despite the Bethesda jankiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
I really want a mod changing the laser musket into a laser supersoaker, don't like that cranking.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Wait, they kept Lady Killer but dropped Confirmed Bachelor? What the gently caress?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Emerson Cod posted:

Wait, they kept Lady Killer but dropped Confirmed Bachelor? What the gently caress?

Black Widow was the alternate Lady Killer, I'm assuming that if you play a lady it switches to that

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Gays are too scary for bethesda's fanbase.

Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy
Have they said anything about how skills are going to level up in FO4? Is it similar to 3 and NV where it's intelligence based or is it based on actual usage like Skyrim?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Riversideblues posted:

Have they said anything about how skills are going to level up in FO4? Is it similar to 3 and NV where it's intelligence based or is it based on actual usage like Skyrim?

There are no skills, only stats and perks

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Emerson Cod posted:

Confirmed Bachelor and its woman counterpart is only in New Vegas. They were never in mainline Fallout.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
There's 3 levels of Ladykiller--maybe one of the levels is the gay version?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I'd like to see what Robotics Expert, Intimidate and Wasteland Whisperer do at rank 3 because I'd love to have pet securitrons and deathclaws guard my settlements.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

woah that's rude Pete

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Now if higher perk ranks are as different as suggested, someone will also need to get information on those.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

MECHARL WINSLOW posted:

The whole perk list:
Strength Strength is a measure of your raw physical power. It affects how much you can carry, and the damage of all melee attacks.

Iron Fist - Channel your chi to unleash devastating fury! Punching attacks do 20% more damage to your opponent. (5 Ranks)
Big Leagues - Swing for the fences! Do 20% more melee weapon damage. (5 Ranks)
Armorer - Protect yourself from the dangers of the Wasteland with access to base level and Rank 1 armor mods. (4 Ranks)
Blacksmith - Fire up the forge and gain access to base level and Rank 1 melee weapon mods. (3 Ranks)
Heavy Gunner - Thanks to practice and conditioning, heavy guns do 20% more damage. (5 Ranks)
Strong Back - What are you, part pack mule? Gain +25 to carry weight. (4 Ranks)
Stead Aim - Stay on target! Hip-fire accuracy is improved when firing any gun. (2 Ranks)
Basher - Get up close and personal! Gun bashing does 25% more damage. (4 Ranks)
Rooted - You're part tree! While standing still, you gain +25 Damage Resistance and your melee and unarmed attacks deal 25% more damage (3 Ranks)
Pain Train - Choo choo! All aboard! While wearing Power Armor, sprinting into enemies hurts and staggers them. (Robots and oversized enemies are immune to stagger.) (3 Ranks)

Perception: Perception is your environmental awareness and "sixth sense," and affects weapon accuracy in V.A.T.S.

Pickpocket - Your quick hands and sticky fingers make picking pockets 25% easier. (4 Ranks)
Rifleman - Keep your distance long and your kill-count high. Attacks with non-automatic rifles do 20% more damage. (5 Ranks)
Awareness - To defeat your enemies, you know their weaknesses! You can view a targets specific damage resistances in V.A.T.S. (1 Rank)
Locksmith - Your nimble fingers allow you to pick Advanced locks. (4 Ranks)
Demolition Expert - The bigger the boom, the better! Your explosives do 25% more damage, and you can craft explosives at any Chemistry Station. (4 Ranks)
Night Person - You are a creature of the night! Gain +2 to Intelligence and Perception between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. (2 Ranks)
Refractor - You must be part mirror! Instantly gain +10 Energy Resistance. (5 Ranks)
Sniper - It's all about focus. You have improved control and can hold your breath longer when aiming with scopes. (3 Ranks)
Penetrator - There's no place to hide! In V.A.T.S. you can target an enemy's body parts that are blocked by cover, with a decrease in accuracy. (2 Ranks)
Concentrated Fire - Stay focused! In V.A.T.S. every attack on the same body part gains +10% accuracy. (3 Ranks)

Endurance: Endurance is a measure of your overall physical fitness. It affects your total Health and the Action Point drain from sprinting.

Toughness - You now have +20 Damage Resistance (5 Ranks)
Lead Belly - Your digestive tract has adjusted to the weirdness of the Wasteland! Take less radiation from eating or drinking. (3 Ranks)
Life Giver - You instantly gain another +20 maximum Health. (3 ranks)
Chem Resistant - All the rush without the hassle! You're 50% less likely to get addicted when consuming chems. (2 Ranks)
Aquaboy - Water is your ally. You no longer take radiation damage from swimming, and can breath underwater (2 Ranks)
Rad Resistant - Exposure to the Wasteland has made you more resilient, instantly granting +10 Radiation Resistance. (3 Ranks)
Adamantium Skeleton - Your skeleton has been infused with indestructible metal, reducing limb damage by 30% (3 Ranks)
Cannibal - Feast on mortal flesh to heal your wounds! Eating human corpses restores Health. (3 Ranks)
Ghoulish - Sure, you're still human - on the outside! Radiation now regenerates your lost Health. (3 Ranks)
Solar Powered - Catch some rays! Gain +2 to Strength and Endurance between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (3 Ranks)

Charisma: Charisma is your ability to charm and convince others. It affects your success to persuade in dialogue and prices when you barter.

Cap Collector - Buying and selling prices at vendors are now much better. (3 Ranks)
Lady Killer - You're charming... and dangerous. Women suffer +5% damage in combat, and are easier to persuade in dialogue. (3 Ranks)
Lone Wanderer - Who needs friends, anyway? When adventuring without a companion, you take 15% less damage and carry weight increases by 50. (3 Ranks)
Attack Dog - Your faithful canine companion can hold an enemy, giving you a greater chance to hit them in V.A.T.S. (3 Ranks)
Animal Friend - Commune with beasts! With your gun, aim at any animal below your level and gain a chance to pacify it. (3 Ranks)
Local Leader - As the ruler everyone turns to, you are able to establish supply lines between your workshop settlements. (2 Ranks)
Party Boy - Nobody has a good time like you! There's no chance you'll get addicted to alcohol. (3 Ranks)
Traditional - Because you lead by example, your companion does more damage in combat, and cannot hurt you. (3 Ranks)
Wasteland Whisperer - Master the post-apocalypse! With your gain, aim at any Wasteland creature below your level and gain a chance to pacify it. (3 Ranks)
Intimidation - Time to show everyone who's boss! With your gun, aim at any human opponent below your level and gain a chance to pacify them. (3 Ranks)

Intelligence: Intelligence is a measure of your overall mental acuity, and affects the numberof Experience Points earned.

V.A.N.S. - Let Vault-Tec guide you! The path to your closest quest target is displayed in V.A.T.S. (1 Ranks)
Medic - Stimpaks now restore 60% of lost Health, and RadAway removes 60% of radiation. (4 Ranks)
Gun Nut - Shoot first, kill first, with access to base level and Rank 1 gun mods. (4 Ranks)
Hacker - Knowledge of cutting-edg e computer encryption allows you to hack Advanced terminals. (4 Ranks)
Scrapper - Waste not, want not! You can salvage uncommon components like screws, aluminum, and copper when scrapping weapons and armor. (2 Ranks)
Science! - Take full advantage of advanced technology with access to base level and Rank 1 high-tech mods. (4 Ranks)
Chemist - Any chems you take last 50% longer. Far out. (4 Ranks)
Robotics Expert - Machines will always serve humans, if you have anything to say about it. Hack a robot, and gain a chance to power it on or off, or initiate a self-destruct. (3 Ranks)
Nuclear Physicist - You've learned to split the atom... and command it. Radiation weapons do 50% more damage and Fusion Cores last an extra 25% longer. (3 Ranks)
Nerd Rage - Genius. Is. ANGRY! When your Health drops below 20%, time slows and you gain +20 Damage Resistance and do 20% more damage while the effect lasts. (3 Ranks)

Agility: Agility is a measure of your overall finesse and reflexes. It affects the number of Action Points in V.A.T.S and your ability to sneak.

Gunslinger - Channel the spirit of the Old West! Non-automatic pistols do 20% more damage. (5 Ranks)
Commando - Your automatic weapons now do 40% more damage, and improved hip fire accuracy. (5 Ranks)
Sneak - Become whisper, become shadow. You are 20% harder to detect while sneaking. (5 Ranks)
Mister Sandman - As an agent of death itself, you can instantly kill a sleeping person. Your silenced weapons do an additional 15% sneak damage. (3 Ranks)
Action Boy - There's no time to waste! Your Action Points regenerate 25% faster. (2 Ranks)
Moving Target - They can't hurt what they can't hit! Get +25 Damage Resistance and +25 Energy Resistance when you're sprinting. (3 Ranks)
Ninja - Trained as a shadow warrior, your ranged sneak attacks do 2.5x normal damage and your melee sneak attacks do 4x normal damage. (3 Ranks)
Quick Hands - In combat, there's no time to hesitate. You can reload all guns faster. (2 Ranks)
Blitz - Find the gap and make the tackle! V.A.T.S. melee distance is increased significantly. (2 Ranks)
Gun-Fu - You've learned to apply ancient martial arts to gunplay! Do 25% more damage to your second V.A.T.S. taret and beyond. (3 Ranks)

Luck: Luck is a measure of your general good fortune, and affects the recharge rate of Critical Hits.

Fortune Finder - You find even more bottle caps in containers (3 Ranks)
Scrounger - You find even more ammunition in containers. (4 Ranks)
Bloody Mess - You now inflict +10% damage in combat. (4 Ranks)
Mysterious Stranger - Who is he? Why does he help? Who cares! The Mysterious Stranger will appear occasionally in V.A.T.S. to lend a hand, with deadly efficiency.. (3 Ranks)
Idiot Savant - You're not stupid! Just... different. Randomly receive 3x XP from any action, and the lower your intelligence, the greater the chance. (3 Ranks)
Better Criticals - Advanced training for enhanced combat effectiveness! Criticals do 50% more damage. (3 Ranks)
Critical Banker - You're a patient battlefield tactician, and can save a Critical Hit, to be used in V.A.T.S. when you need it most. (3 Ranks)
Grim Reaper's Sprint - Death becomes you! Any kill in V.A.T.S. has a 15% chance to restore all Action Points. (2 Ranks)
Four Leaf Clover - Feeling lucky? You should! Each hit in V.A.T.S. has a chance of filling your Critical meter. (5 Ranks)
Ricochet - What goes around comes around! An enemy's ranged attack will sometimes ricochet back and instantly kill them. The closer you are to death, the higher the chance. (3 Ranks)

seems like strength, endurance, intelligence and charisma are the way to go. probaly perception and some luck too.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

TBH Charisma doesn't look too good to me, having a chance to intimidate people weaker than you seems pointless, same with the animal stuff. I never messed with the animal one in 3 and NV though so maybe it's good. I guess it depends on what 'pacify' means

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

RentACop posted:

TBH Charisma doesn't look too good to me, having a chance to intimidate people weaker than you seems pointless, same with the animal stuff. I never messed with the animal one in 3 and NV though so maybe it's good. I guess it depends on what 'pacify' means
Higher ranks allow you to do more than just pacify.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Emerson Cod posted:

Bethesda wants to subject you to a story you can empathize with. So you're not allowed to be gay.

Or know what you're going to say in conversation.

Or name your kid.

They must be really proud of their story.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.
I've never preordered a physical game online before, but many months ago I preordered the Pipboy Edition from Amazon. Does anyone know about when Amazon would charge and ship that?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

It really seems like all the perks are pretty decent and all the SPECIAL is beneficial in different ways.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-dYMCkF6Zg

SONO is here for us boys, believe it!

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Also I'm even more excite for gun and armor modding and settlements.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Eiba posted:

Bethesda wants to subject you to a story you can empathize with. So you're not allowed to be gay.

Or know what you're going to say in conversation.

Or name your kid.

They must be really proud of their story.

The story is probably going to be completely poo poo, but if they actually made the moment to moment gameplay fun Fallout 4 will be an astronomical improvement over Skyrim or Fallout 3.

dd209
Sep 21, 2015
I wasn't all that swayed by the "leaked" neogaf screens, but the leaked vids posted earlier seemed pretty much what I was expecting/hoping. Which was enough for me to preorder with the season pass. Even if the story and writing is absolutely criminal, the basic formula for me to have 300+ hrs of fun is there.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

frajaq posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-dYMCkF6Zg

SONO is here for us boys, believe it!

A super villain/hero has been born today and Zenimax is powerless to stop them.

I also like how the Lazer Musket leaves a trail as it bolts into a mutant's head.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:h: :h: :h:

Also lol

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Eiba posted:

They said you could gaymance your companions though, so... idk what the deal is

Inverness posted:

Oh, duh, I keep forgetting the perk ranks

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fish Fry Andy posted:

The story is probably going to be completely poo poo, but if they actually made the moment to moment gameplay fun Fallout 4 will be an astronomical improvement over Skyrim or Fallout 3.

:agreed:

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Video Description posted:

WARNING/APOLOGY: I use a real lovely word in this (I call a character a "oval office") and I'm actually very ashamed about it

loving lol, what the cunting hell does that even mean?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I feel bad about the people that wanted to run a gay character, but if it can't happen in the base game I'm sure a mod will have you covered ASAP.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Everything I've seen so far suggests the game has a much better feel.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Agreed. I mean, it was already pretty awkward interacting with... any human being in either Skyrim or Fallout 3. And that was fine. There was enough atmosphere to just wander around and soak it up and it was fantastic.

It'd be cool if they also had a good or at least not horrible story, but the game's going to be awesome either way.

RentACop posted:

They said you could gaymance your companions though, so... idk what the deal is
Really? That's cool. I must have missed that.

Yeah, that addresses about 45% of my bitterness, though if they're all player-sexual then I'm going to grumble a bit about that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Those perks don't even do poo poo but maybe let you have some awkward out of place dialog about how you'd gently caress them anyway

If you want a gay character just play a gay character

Kind of weird omission, but the romance system in these games basically doesn't exist anyway

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

RentACop posted:

Black Widow was the alternate Lady Killer, I'm assuming that if you play a lady it switches to that

I can't source this at the moment, but I'm certain some Q&A or something a few weeks back explained that the reason the perk names are "Lady Killer and Man Hunter" is because both of those are a lot more gender neutral. When you take the perk you get to pick which version you get, regardless of gender.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Eiba posted:

Yeah, that addresses about 45% of my bitterness, though if they're all player-sexual then I'm going to grumble a bit about that.

A decent chunk of your bitterness over a game is whether or not you could roleplay as gay?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Inverness posted:

Everything I've seen so far suggests the game has a much better feel.

Hopefully, but a lot of the issues I have with FO3 and Skyrim are kind of hard to convey through shorter videos and are probably fundamental issues in gamebryo, like the strangely floaty movement.

dd209
Sep 21, 2015
Whilst they were marketing Skyrim, I specifically remember Todd or Petey saying something to the effect of "You can have same-sex marriage but we're not making a big deal about it [i.e. '"We're not Bioware'"]". So I'm sure it's the same in F4. You can have gay relationships but nobody in the game is going to comment on it in any way, and all the dialogue will be identical regardless of sex.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I'm guessing that all the people who think the Charisma indimidation perks are worthwhile forgot how much Skyrim loved setting NPCs like town guards and bandits at [player_level+1].

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Inverness posted:

*shoves gun in your face*

gimmie all your friendship

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

LornMarkus posted:

I can't source this at the moment, but I'm certain some Q&A or something a few weeks back explained that the reason the perk names are "Lady Killer and Man Hunter" is because both of those are a lot more gender neutral. When you take the perk you get to pick which version you get, regardless of gender.
I'm pretty sure that was a site that was just making poo poo up. But if you do find a source, that'd be cool.

Rrussom posted:

A decent chunk of your bitterness over a game is whether or not you could roleplay as gay?
Of the bitterness I was expressing in my previous post.

But honestly, kind of yeah. There's a lot I'm going to laugh at for being lame, but it's the step back with regards to orientation and roleplaying options that I'm actually miffed about.

dd209
Sep 21, 2015

Father Wendigo posted:

I'm guessing that all the people who think the Charisma indimidation perks are worthwhile forgot how much Skyrim loved setting NPCs like town guards and bandits at [player_level+1].

Technically I think most Guards were set at lvl 20, whilst bandits would scale up to varying levels depending on whether they were base "Bandit" or "Outlaw" or "Marauder" types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rrussom posted:

loving lol, what the cunting hell does that even mean?

he found the tumblr faith and was born again.

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I am going to guess an ok/mediocare main story with maybe 8 total missions with tons of "fetch this poo poo" or "make this faction like you" to complete it. also there will be a bunch of great side quests that will have interesting characters/plots/ twists. there will also be alot of mediocre ones. The gamplay and combat will be good because machine games and ID helped out. there will be lots of cool small stuff. the dialog options will be mixed at best. t

• Locked thread