Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I'm still getting bad skipping around during Wednesday's NXT show. Not happening with any other video and I don't think I've had this issue before. Did anyone manage to watch it successfully on demand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Dunbar posted:

I'm still getting bad skipping around during Wednesday's NXT show. Not happening with any other video and I don't think I've had this issue before. Did anyone manage to watch it successfully on demand?

I watched it Thursday morning with like 0 issues on firefox

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
I've started what will probably be a life-long project of watching every Raw and Nitro from the debut of Nitro to the end of Nitro. As of late 1995, Raw is even worse than it is now. One hour feels like an entire 3 hour modern Raw. I don't even care that no one but Hogan matters in WCW, Nitro is simply a far better show at this point.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Dunbar posted:

I tried to watch it on PS4 and PS3 and had the bad skipping but watching on my PC it was fine.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Needs More Ditka posted:

I've started what will probably be a life-long project of watching every Raw and Nitro from the debut of Nitro to the end of Nitro. As of late 1995, Raw is even worse than it is now. One hour feels like an entire 3 hour modern Raw. I don't even care that no one but Hogan matters in WCW, Nitro is simply a far better show at this point.

I am almost to the end of 1996 for Nitro only. I have not started the RAWs yet. I am not looking forward to the pain of those RAWs you are speaking of.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
Right after the Shield broke up, I watched every RAW and SD from the beginning of 2012 to the present. It took me a year and a half.

Godspeed and good luck.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

mclast posted:

Right after the Shield broke up, I watched every RAW and SD from the beginning of 2012 to the present. It took me a year and a half.

Godspeed and good luck.

What the hell is wrong with you

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

mclast posted:

Godspeed and good luck.

you're retarded but i hope you now know why cm punk is the best in the world

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Needs More Ditka posted:

I tried that, and made it up until Superbrawl 1998. I think my mistake was trying to watch the Thunders too before I got burned out.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

you're retarded but i hope you now know why cm punk is the best in the world

I never watched wrestling till like a week before WM30, I had to know why the SHIELD was so good. And yeah, I'm definitely retarded cause I'm gonna get a Punk/Bryan stylized tattoo for New Years. Don't judge me.

mclast fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 2, 2015

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

mclast posted:

I never watched wrestling till like a week before WM30, I had to know why the SHIELD was so good. And yeah, I'm definitely retarded cause I'm gonna get a Punk/Bryan stylized tattoo for New Years. Don't judge me.

you're actually very cool, let's be friends

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

I watched ECW Barely Legal for the first time, last week. If I had seen it when I was 15, I would have run away from home to try and be a part of that crowd, and I would be dead now, after spending many years homeless.

Wrestling is good.

Beaverseatwood2
Feb 23, 2014
The ps3 app has become unwatchable. It skips back 5 seconds, randomly throughout any video you watch. Bullshit. The app in my samsung smartv has completely stopped working too

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Monday November 9th at 11:06pm is a new BREAKING GROUND

quote:

NXT superstars and divas venture to the Lone Star State for a trio of live events, while Josh is trying to get his footing in Florida.

Tuesday November 10th at 4pm is WWE FIRST LOOK

quote:

Kick start the Holiday season with an exclusive First Look of WWE Presents: Ring In The Holiday hosted by WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley!
...and at 4:30pm is a new THE WWE LIST

quote:

Listing the most Infamous Failed Factions in WWE history!

Wednesday November 11th at 4pm is a new TABLE FOR 3

quote:

William Regal, Sheamus, and King Barrett discuss their journeys to WWE and the majesty of wearing the 'King of the Ring' crown.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Beaverseatwood2 posted:

The ps3 app has become unwatchable. It skips back 5 seconds, randomly throughout any video you watch. Bullshit. The app in my samsung smartv has completely stopped working too

I never have this issue with my PlayStation.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is the WWE List a replacement for Countdown? It seems to cover the same material.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

soapgish posted:

...and at 4:30pm is a new THE WWE LIST

Listing the most Infamous Failed Factions in WWE history!

C'moooon Corre

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

sticklefifer posted:

Is the WWE List a replacement for Countdown? It seems to cover the same material.

It's extremely similar but leans way more heavily towards getting perspectives on wrestling events from whatever celebrities they could rope in rather than actual wrestlers.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The List just feels like a less structured Countdown. I don't know, it just feels like an excuse to rehash the same stuff from Countdown and I can't get into it.

I wish they'd bring back countdown and show me more obscure things, like oddest Hardcore Title wins or something.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
My gf is enjoying watching WWE with me. I've shown her my favourite matches (Punk v Cena, Bret v Bulldog, Taker v Foley HIAC, TLC 2) but listening to the Lapsed Fan podcast has reminded me of classic wwf ppvs. Do you think Rumble 92 would be enjoyable to someone who knows few if any of the wrestlers? Also is Warrior v Macho King from WM7 still good going in cold?

EDIT sorry just seen this is network not general questions thread. Apologies. Thanks in advance for any help.

britishbornandbread fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Nov 6, 2015

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The WWE list is Countdown if Countdown were a VH1 show.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

britishbornandbread posted:

My gf is enjoying watching WWE with me. I've shown her my favourite matches (Punk v Cena, Bret v Bulldog, Taker v Foley HIAC, TLC 2) but listening to the Lapsed Fan podcast has reminded me of classic wwf ppvs. Do you think Rumble 92 would be enjoyable to someone who knows few if any of the wrestlers? Also is Warrior v Macho King from WM7 still good going in cold?

EDIT sorry just seen this is network not general questions thread. Apologies. Thanks in advance for any help.
Rumbles are slow paced enough that you can probably fill in the blanks for her while it's on.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

britishbornandbread posted:

Do you think Rumble 92 would be enjoyable to someone who knows few if any of the wrestlers? Also is Warrior v Macho King from WM7 still good going in cold?

Rumbles are fun in general even if you don't know who the wrestlers are.

Warrior vs Macho King still holds up but not sure about going in cold. Warrior changed up his normal mannerism for this match such as running to the ring at full speed so you kinda lose the idea that Warrior is going into the match a little more seriously than usual.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Rumbles are fun in general even if you don't know who the wrestlers are.

Warrior vs Macho King still holds up but not sure about going in cold. Warrior changed up his normal mannerism for this match such as running to the ring at full speed so you kinda lose the idea that Warrior is going into the match a little more seriously than usual.

Interesting point. I think it might be doable but explaining the context behind the match would be good. Without checking I presume prematch there is a package possibly of the rumble 1991 title change? Is Elizabeth's appearance in the crowd explained? I think she might like the drama.

gently caress it, it'll just stick The Notebook on.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

So Ron Funches talking about Papa Shango on the most recent episode of the List is amazing and the Network needs to give Ron his own show.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

So Ron Funches talking about Papa Shango on the most recent episode of the List is amazing and the Network needs to give Ron his own show.

I also liked how the narrator/announcer addressed him by name. Plenty of room for tweaking but the show has life to it.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I wish countdown and list could coexist. Wrestlers on countdown. Comedians on list. The comedians are great because they're just fans like us but funnier.

They were close to the same age as us watching Akeem turn into a black man or tugboat wipeout on his face.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Watching season 2 of Tough Enough and the entire Jackie cheating on her boyfriend subplot is deeply uncomfortable and hosed up. The dude she kissed acting a total dickhead and going after her even after she says repeatedly that she wants nothing to do with him "HELL YEAH, HOPE I RUINED HER RELATIONSHIP NOW SHE'S ALLLLLLL MINE", her boyfriend being a complete tool by hanging up on her every time she calls and sending her a Fedex package of some song lyrics (what the gently caress?), and finally her mom going on an insane rant about men letting women have too much freedom and respect :stare:.

Seriously, it's really hosed up and awful.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

OldTennisCourt posted:

Watching season 2 of Tough Enough and the entire Jackie cheating on her boyfriend subplot is deeply uncomfortable and hosed up. The dude she kissed acting a total dickhead and going after her even after she says repeatedly that she wants nothing to do with him "HELL YEAH, HOPE I RUINED HER RELATIONSHIP NOW SHE'S ALLLLLLL MINE", her boyfriend being a complete tool by hanging up on her every time she calls and sending her a Fedex package of some song lyrics (what the gently caress?), and finally her mom going on an insane rant about men letting women have too much freedom and respect :stare:.

Seriously, it's really hosed up and awful.

Yeah I found that whole arc to be tasteless on several letters as well as not truly representative of the complexities thst often exist between people in a relationship to say nothing of how her mother came across and I often wondered just what led people to make seemingly poor decisions in situations and I had to reconcile myself to the fact that i would never understand the thought processes behind the whole show nor what would possess the actors to allow themselves to be portrayed in such a negative light.

Otoh remember when her boob popped out on tv? Nice.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

oldpainless posted:

Yeah I found that whole arc to be tasteless on several letters as well as not truly representative of the complexities thst often exist between people in a relationship to say nothing of how her mother came across and I often wondered just what led people to make seemingly poor decisions in situations and I had to reconcile myself to the fact that i would never understand the thought processes behind the whole show nor what would possess the actors to allow themselves to be portrayed in such a negative light.

Otoh remember when her boob popped out on tv? Nice.

I mean, Jackie comes off the best to be honest. She made a mistake yeah, but she's incredibly remorseful and tries to make it right and everyoen else is acting like a supreme piece of poo poo. The dude she kissed acts like an enormous creep and there's this weird feeling like we should sympthaize with him even though he's being a massive jackass.

The mom's rant was out of nowhere and holy poo poo she seemed like an awful human being. Like you can tell she's disgusted with her daughter for wanting to be a wrestler and not a stay at home wife.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Oh man, Fandango in the opening of the Transformations episode.

"What are some examples of transformations that didn't work?"
".......Fandango."

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
how can anyone disparage Papa Shango man I loving love Papa Shango

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

MotU posted:

how can anyone disparage Papa Shango man I loving love Papa Shango

uh he put a curse on the Ultimate Warrior which ultimately killed him

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Corporate Kane posted:

drat it all makes sense now.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Corporate Kane posted:

okay not seeing how anyone can disparage papa shango still

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

warrior was taking steroids long before he met charles wright

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

Beaverseatwood2 posted:

This is the case for me. Nothing is watchable :(

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's also unwatchable for me cuz all the content BLOWS hahaha

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Well, there's a new LEGENDS next week with a new set and quite possibly a new format, going from a one-on-one interview to a panel discussion? Regardless, the new episode will feature Stone Cold, Shawn Michaels, and HHH.

Nothing else new mentioned in conjunction with Undertaker Week, yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

projecthalaxy posted:

The WWE list is Countdown if Countdown were a VH1 show.

I miss Countdown so much! The List isn't bad, but some of the commentators are painfully unfunny.