Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
When are we getting the other teams on PC? They've been up for PS4 and XBone for a while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Finally decided to get back into Bloodbowl and try out fumbbl out for once. Rolled up some ogres and got ready to lose but instead got to experience Ogrebowl for the first time.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3735230

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

ZeroCount posted:

Finally decided to get back into Bloodbowl and try out fumbbl out for once. Rolled up some ogres and got ready to lose but instead got to experience Ogrebowl for the first time.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3735230

The Western Australian Goth Scene, I'm rooting for you!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

FoolyCharged posted:

lost the always on grid and I have yet to figure out how to tell who can intercept(if they even show it)
Is the required dodge roll display still as dumb as it was for the original Blood Bowl, when it just showed what you needed to roll to dodge in/out initially and every square past that is red

It was the game features/UI end of things I was honestly most concerned about.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Is the required dodge roll display still as dumb as it was for the original Blood Bowl, when it just showed what you needed to roll to dodge in/out initially and every square past that is red

It was the game features/UI end of things I was honestly most concerned about.

Actually when you set a path, before you confirm it there is a display for each square how much % chance you have (not counting rerolls) to make the dodge. You can adjust your path accordingly.
So you can have a whole string of 83%-67%-50% visible.

It's quite clear actually.

As for who gets to intercept before the pass is made, i don't think there is any visual for it, but I think it is any opposing player standing in or adjacent to a square through which the throwing line passes.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Evernoob posted:

Actually when you set a path, before you confirm it there is a display for each square how much % chance you have (not counting rerolls) to make the dodge. You can adjust your path accordingly.
So you can have a whole string of 83%-67%-50% visible.

It's quite clear actually.

As for who gets to intercept before the pass is made, i don't think there is any visual for it, but I think it is any opposing player standing in or adjacent to a square through which the throwing line passes.

And while the grid isn't always on, it is much improved in that it shows how many tzs a given space is in, which was a pretty nice feature.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Random thoughts from a new BB2 owner. I recently picked up BB2 for PS4, having only previously played BB on iPad as I'm not a PC gamer. Nice to finally have a big gorgeous version of this game. Most of the UI improvements seem really good (I watched a lot of BB on YouTube so I'm used to the interface). Some unfinished edges though, like no option to turn off the commentator subtitles.

Seems a bit shady how they're doing the add-on teams. I bought lizardmen, but it's only by buying them you get them as AI opponents as well. I remember in the iPad port of the original you could play against all the DLC teams, and buying them was so you could coach them. There was a different model on that port though, which started with just two base teams. Anyway.

As someone who owned the 2nd Edition boardgame, and who has been wanting a good digital port on a platform I actually own, I'm very happy. The solo campaign mode is pretty good too. Acts as a decentish tutorial, early games adding in one more layer of rules at a time so it doesn't overwhelm. The special events are cool too, like having Bob Bifford decide to come and pkay on my team for the second half of one match because he was bored in the commentary box.

I gotta ask though, does anyone else find the AI in BB2 to be dumb as hell? I know I need to get into playing real people, but schedules and stuff, but man this AI seems super dumb. Not just "every race makes a cage" dumb, which I'd expect from my time with the original, but "ganging up on players nowhere near the ball and ignoring the ball carrier" dumb.

I've read the OP, and the last few pages. I'm doing well with my orc team (but against this AI who wouldn't). Is there a quick cheat sheet of good/bad skill choices for players? I put an extra point of AV onto one of my blitzers as I couldn't resist the idea of having an orc that stays in the fight longer. Now I'm thinking the extra MA would have been a better choice. I'm sure skill upgrades are where I'm still making all my boneheaded decisions. A short "these good for X" list would be grand.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
This do? But ya, MA would have been totally the better choice. The leap from AV9 to 10 is armour breaking 6/36 of the time to 3/36 of the time - you're well into diminishing returns. Also, Claw exists and treats everyone as AV7, so always always always take MA.
Also I dunno why you find this particular DLC shady. DLC's DLC.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Mr. Squishy posted:

This do? But ya, MA would have been totally the better choice. The leap from AV9 to 10 is armour breaking 6/36 of the time to 3/36 of the time - you're well into diminishing returns. Also, Claw exists and treats everyone as AV7, so always always always take MA.
Also I dunno why you find this particular DLC shady. DLC's DLC.

That link will do me fine, thanks Mr. Squishy. I'll probably move on from orcs soon enough, but haven't found my perfect race yet. I do like thumping things a lot, but I also like a bit of movement. Going to try lizards and chaos to see how they suit me too.

I guess with the bonuses that's one thing the digital version doesn't explain well. Or, at all. Seeing the numbers breaking down the benefits of certain stat boosts still involves some homework.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Omg game breaking bugg found. Wait 1 min and then do your turn. Clock then resets.. So you can take a 22 min first turn.. This is for blood bowl 2.. In Naf so far.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

MRLOLAST posted:

Omg game breaking bugg found. Wait 1 min and then do your turn. Clock then resets.. So you can take a 22 min first turn.. This is for blood bowl 2.. In Naf so far.

I can't believe I tried this. I actually believed you.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Funso Banjo posted:

I can't believe I tried this. I actually believed you.

You idiot hahahahha

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

Splode posted:

You idiot hahahahha
It did not work for you? I swear it worked yesterday. Check Jimmyfantastics stream from yesterday when he is playing a retarded chaos team that keeps abusing it. It is the 2 nd or third game of the night for him with the dark elves. So testing was made and that is how it worked.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I've found the definitive version of blood bowl.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

You gotta enjoy the little things in life. I was stalling for a bit and my opponent apparently figured he'd try to gangfoul my saurus to put pressure on me instead of going after the ballcarrier. He just got a bit careless with that and:

Two K.O.s later he conceded :allears:

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Two K.O.s later he conceded :allears:

Well played. He did rob you of 3SPP's tho before the touchdown. I hate it when they do that.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

MRLOLAST posted:

It did not work for you? I swear it worked yesterday. Check Jimmyfantastics stream from yesterday when he is playing a retarded chaos team that keeps abusing it. It is the 2 nd or third game of the night for him with the dark elves. So testing was made and that is how it worked.

I've seen it happen once in a NAF game, though it seemed to be by accident, he only did it for one turn.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Ahahahahaha
Some guy just threw away the winning touchdown when he tried to t16 foul me and got ejected.

This is why I love blood bowl.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I'm quite bad at this game but man I really love running into players who are worse at it than I am. I played a Dark Elf team today that had a Witch Elf who, despite two level ups, still didn't have Block or Wrestle. He only had one reroll and in both halves he used it to reroll perfectly safe blocks just because he really wanted to knock my Saurus over, then he inevitably failed critical dodges. He successfully knocked my Krox over, then spent two turns fouling it with only one player so of course it accomplished nothing. He also repeatedly blitzed with his Assassin for stabs, but he was doing it on the Krox and the Sauruses instead of the vulnerable Skinks. Towards the end of the first half, he finally realized it would work better on the skinks, stood on the sidelines to get at one, and I immediately surfed him. Out for the rest of the match. He also used his Apo on turn 2 when I KO'd his Witch Elf. Not even an actual injury.

A very enjoyable game until he killed one of my Saurus on turn 16 and I'd already used my Apo to save my 4 AGI Skink.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
A 4 AGI skink is definately worth saving.

I just did an epic fail : before blitzing opponent ballcarrier I was plotting the path my tackler should take between tackle zones carefully. We the tackler approached his target and was ready to make the block... yup, didn't activate blitz at the start of the move. Aargh!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

FoolyCharged posted:

Ahahahahaha
Some guy just threw away the winning touchdown when he tried to t16 foul me and got ejected.

This is why I love blood bowl.

Man he's got it all wrong, you do that if you've already lost, the silly player!

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Evernoob posted:

A 4 AGI skink is definately worth saving.

I just did an epic fail : before blitzing opponent ballcarrier I was plotting the path my tackler should take between tackle zones carefully. We the tackler approached his target and was ready to make the block... yup, didn't activate blitz at the start of the move. Aargh!

I do that with my Wardancer and leap all the time. Bounce around like a springy idiot, forget to activate blitz, curse the skies.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Evernoob posted:

Yeah, it's a lot easier to forget in blood bowl 2 because they'l disable the blitz for freaking anything. I have yet to try leaping as the first action on a blitz because I'm 90% certain that would result in no blitz as the lightning bolt disappears.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Cyanide released the version of the rules used for BB2

tl;dr version: a lot of skills are mandatory now when they were previously optional. They say that stadium upgrades aren't balanced by both teams having them with the free bribe and deathroller given as an example.

Being mandatory is a nerf to some of the skills that have been changed. No more choosing to fumble with Pass, for example.

Juggernaut being mandatory is intended so it's pretty much an actual for real not good niche skill now and the Skaven star player with Jugg+Block is not so hot at blitzing. Juggernaut + Strip Ball is still good against ball carriers with block but not sure hands, but Wrestle+Strip Ball does it too while also beating sure hands for the low price of your guy lying down too. Dodge has a context sensitive "do you want to use this?" and Jugg+Block having one would be nice. I think the previous versions ability to be used to cancel Wrestle but also not turn the Both Down into a Push so you could splat wrasslers with your block pieces was super strong, but the Cyanide rules have removed the "may choose" from the Both Down to Push part which means even if Juggernaut was optional, Wrestle still wins. Truly it is the King of Skills.

Grab isn't mandatory according to the book, but it is in game, so that's possibly a bug. Piling On a foul also not mentioned so probably a bug.

Diving Catch players are chosen for you by the game. The order it goes in isn't so bad, but being able to choose would be better.

FoolyCharged posted:

Yeah, it's a lot easier to forget in blood bowl 2 because they'l disable the blitz for freaking anything. I have yet to try leaping as the first action on a blitz because I'm 90% certain that would result in no blitz as the lightning bolt disappears.

In all versions of the rules (not just Cyanide) you have to go "I am Blitzing with this guy" before they take any action. Planning out a route is fine, but absolutely any action at all will not allow the Blitz.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Interesting that they made fend and sidestep mandatory, but not stand firm. I'm assuming it is and they're just bad at making a rulebook?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I wouldn't be surprised, they already had to change it once after cKnoor made a video about it so who knows what else they've missed.

1K Dollar Chair
Nov 20, 2014
jesus christ the new rule set. :cyanide:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

In all versions of the rules (not just Cyanide) you have to go "I am Blitzing with this guy" before they take any action. Planning out a route is fine, but absolutely any action at all will not allow the Blitz.

Right, but what I'm saying is that taking a leap action sure as hell looks like it overrides the declare this unit is blitzing action. So if you manually declare a blitz and then attempt to leap without moving a square, you would be moving without having declared a blitz. I haven't tried it outside the one time it came up in game where I was too chicken to test it out, so for all I know it only looks that way and doesn't play that way.

e: Just tested it, it plays as intended.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 31, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
You can use Piling On whilst fouling? lol.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
You're not supposed to, and from what i hear it eats a team reroll to do as well. It's another very funny 'Cyanide is incompetent' bug

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Two stories for tonight. The first, is mostly summed up in a single image;

The full explanation would be he was a new player, with dark elves, six rereolls, and didn't understand how to play elfy. He met my line, based my cage, seemed like he didn't understand how guard was going to lead him to eat 2dbs all day, and lastly had a home brewed wardancer with a blodge sidestep leaping blitzer. The oddity was though, that he broke my armor three times, 2 cas and a ko. 100% armor break to dwarf off field ratio. Pretty lucky!

The second story features my ~1800 dwarf team getting matched to a murder chaos team of ~1800. At inducement screen I figure 'yeah, it's been a while since I've seen a murder chaos, better induce a apo'. Line up for the kick and yuup, 2 Chaos warrior claw POMB's and two beastman claw POMB. Awesome. So I resign myself to playing survival blood bowl. Disengage, only give him the one blitz a turn. Whomever met line to line first was probably going to lose. I had enough to punch him back and win, but not nearly the CAS causing power he had. He get's nothing out of his first turn LOS bashing. I have a 4 Str POMB Troll slayer, I edge blitz a warrior, pile it on, BH. He Apo's it. He returns with a turn two BH on a blocker. I blitz with the same slayer again, BH another warrior, this time one of his murderers. He starts getting salty in chat fast. Crying about two block to cas. I taunt him cause a murder chaos is whining that he cant murder enough, boohoo. Turn three I Cas a claw Pomb beastman. Turn 4 he doesn't protect another clawpomber after piling on. By now I've let him run the ball past me, I didn't give a gently caress, it's just murder at midfield kind of happening. I KO another warrior and then surround and foul a clawpomb beastman for the next three turns until it KOs too. No ref calls, opponent whining. He stalls to turn 8 to score while we just trade bltizes back and forth and it some how favors me.

Turn 8 He rolls perfect defense, shuffles his guys along the LOS to avoid the three dwarfs I'd lined up to punch, all having pomb. I blitz his warrior with 4str slayer and her cord pulls before the blitz lands.

Felt really good going from a game I didn't want to play because it was just going to be a terrible murder fest to punching that guys teeth in at his own game. 3-1 victory. Wish concedes still gave the touchdown SPP.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Chaos players are the biggest babies I swear

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..

Is there already a minecraft mod out for bb2? or wtf am i looking at?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

dogstile posted:

Chaos players are the biggest babies I swear

Anyone who only plays bash is a big whiny baby. Real men play pro elves.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Blackmage Yapo posted:

Interesting that they made fend and sidestep mandatory, but not stand firm. I'm assuming it is and they're just bad at making a rulebook?

Mandatory fend is actually super lovely since it now means that player is inacpable of frenzy trapping.

Goddamn Cyanide is bad at this, I think seeing their awful 'rulebook' of things they hosed up may have tipped this game from "buy the complete edition for 75% off two years from now" to a straight no sale.

EDIT:

This post took a pretty big poo poo on Cyanide balancing.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Voyager I posted:

This post took a pretty big poo poo on Cyanide balancing.
Could you elaborate a bit on that? All I see is someone posting hard data that orcs don't win a ton of games, not how that relates to Cyanide's rules.

I mean don't get me wrong, mandatory skill usage is loving retarded and really defeats the purpose of a ton of skills. I just don't see how the logic connects right now.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Cyanide released their official rulebook, which was linked earlier in the thread. This encompasses all the changes they've made to the rules and their justifications, when they offer any. Included in that was their Orc nerf, for which they stated that Orcs were a 'top tier team', and that was a post from their rulebook thread making GBS threads on them for being stupid idiots.

There is also a good number of posts pointing out how they've essentially ruined Juggernaut and forcing people to reroll passes when all they're trying to do is not fumble is lovely.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012

Voyager I posted:

forcing people to reroll passes when all they're trying to do is not fumble is lovely.

By this yo mean if all a player wants is to get the ball as far as possible, they don't mind if they fail the pass by rolling a 2 or 3, as long as it's not a 1. And when rolling a 3 the game forces them to reroll and it might become a 1?
In that case, yeah that's lovely.

Fend being mandatory hasn't really bothered me too much, and I play Brets almost exclusively.
But in general I agree, removing the option to the player is bad. Even if it is to speed up the flow of the game and not having to ask confirmation for every single action.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Isn't Dode74, the guy making the big cyanide is dumb posts, the guy that ripped BB1 and made the dice predictor hack? I feel like i've seen that user name around BB somewhere before.

edit: Nope. read a few more posts on the forum and he was previously a forum moderator that was mildly 'consulted' by cyanide about rulebook changes or mechanical issues. Seems they ignored everything he had to say about BB2 issues and quit being a moderator.

double edit: With all the 'wahhh bashy teams' posts on the BB2 forums, and how inept Cyanide is with a real roster line up, I am imagining how glorious it would have been if for their poo poo short initial roster release they didn't include Orcs, Chaos, Dwarves, or Nurgle. You know, any bash heavy cas causing teams. I wonder what the pubbies would cry about then? 'Waah piling on norse'? 'Amazon blodge too strong'?

Jade Star fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Nov 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..

Jade Star posted:

Isn't Dode74, the guy making the big cyanide is dumb posts, the guy that ripped BB1 and made the dice predictor hack? I feel like i've seen that user name around BB somewhere before.

edit: Nope. read a few more posts on the forum and he was previously a forum moderator that was mildly 'consulted' by cyanide about rulebook changes or mechanical issues. Seems they ignored everything he had to say about BB2 issues and quit being a moderator.

double edit: With all the 'wahhh bashy teams' posts on the BB2 forums, and how inept Cyanide is with a real roster line up, I am imagining how glorious it would have been if for their poo poo short initial roster release they didn't include Orcs, Chaos, Dwarves, or Nurgle. You know, any bash heavy cas causing teams. I wonder what the pubbies would cry about then? 'Waah piling on norse'? 'Amazon blodge too strong'?

Dode74 was the guy arguing for 50 pages with the guy who made the dice predictor, so it's an easy mistake to make.
He was also the guy responsible for making the khorne team not stupidly op and actually a fun decent team.

• Locked thread