Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

Trilin posted:

Is there any deal with Berserker or are they just not as flashy or fun as the others?

I think it's pretty fun. It doesn't bring as much utility to the group, as say, Phalanx Strength, but if you don't need PS it's really fun. You have like a 50% stability uptime (15s while in berserker mode, it has a 10s cooldown, but you have to build up adrenaline again), a quickness on demand, and you can put out about 4 bursts in the time you could previously put out 1.

Also it's fun to see your character's model glow like like hot coals.

I'm going to try to put together a Viper's set at some point and try sword/torch + LB and see how it goes. It looks like it could be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

My necro and only 80, Leafroot Bloomrot. I tried to make the wings look like giant leaves, think it worked alright.

Started playing again for a bit between FF14 patches, so I don't wanna join a guild unless I can dedicate myself more time. But man if it weren't for my irl friends in FF14, I'd jump ship back to this game in a heartbeat. Necro is so fun now! You can have about a dozen up at once, and you hit enemies like some kind of... large truck with a greatsword strapped to its grill. It's fantastic!

Jinh fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Nov 2, 2015

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
My necro, Grim-darkington

(real name frimpt)

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Chakk Focus = direct buff to necro creepiness.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
My Ranger just hit 80 and it's my first max level character in this game. I want all the pretty weapons and nice gear. I bought all Berzerker gear, mostly rare, can't afford Exotic yet. How do I get nice things now? I hate PvP so that's out.

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011

UNATCO Telephone posted:

My Ranger just hit 80 and it's my first max level character in this game. I want all the pretty weapons and nice gear. I bought all Berzerker gear, mostly rare, can't afford Exotic yet. How do I get nice things now? I hate PvP so that's out.

World bossing?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
What kind of nice things do you want? Your best bet is to find something you like on the wiki, then find out how to get it. There's galleries for all the weapons (check the subcategories) and galleries for armor. (Check the side bar for your race + armor class.)

After that it's just a matter of farming the necessary resources.

Edit: Fixed weapon gallery link

Solumin fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 2, 2015

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SW (Silverwastes) chest trains, WBTs (World Boss Trains, use https://www.gw2timer.com), farming mid-tier mats, Fractals. Take your pick.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Just a good ol' fashion family BBQ gathering.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Thanks to a very gracious Goon I have a full set of crafted Exotic gear and weapons. Ready for HoT!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

N-N-NECRO POSTIN'!

In flight

Eschewing traditional Necromancer style, Kill Man is ready to summon the dead in style.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Druid and Scrapper are really good, nobody's really moping about those. Tempest and Daredevil don't really add a whole new world to their classes like how Reaper and Scrapper bring in melee options but they're still nice.

So far only Berserker doesn't seem to have popular builds up on Metabattle if that means anything.

Druid stinks. :colbert:

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
I already posted a drawing of my necromancer (it should be in my recent posts, if anyone wants to look at it and tell me it's good and that I'm a cool person) but here's an in-game shot.

Alteisen posted:

Druid stinks. :colbert:

Run it with Skirmishing so you can still bring Spotter, and use Quick Draw so when you hit avatar you can go 4 3 2 4 (drop) or something like that, and get a quick draw proc on the weapon you have out. But yeah the healing isn't really necessary that often in PvE and I don't feel like the Grace of the Land damage boost does much more than make up for you not hitting actual damage weapon skills for a short bit. I guess your pet is still doing damage.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So I'm getting started in HoT zones.

What do I do? I keep getting my rear end kicked by mobs.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So I'm getting started in HoT zones.

What do I do? I keep getting my rear end kicked by mobs.

Is it nighttime? if yes, haul rear end to an outpost and speak to a scout to see what events are up. try to find friends. Shits brutal at nighttime. Is it daytime? you have a little more freedom to move around. Still, look for a scout to see what needs doing. Night time has a lot more group oriented events, whereas daytime has stuff that can be done solo, with a few exceptions. Id master gliding 1 and 2, then bouncy shrooms first.

E: this only really counts for verdant brink. Auric basin and Dragon's Stand require you to be in an organized map. Twisted depths is a whole other can of chak that i havent mastered

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 2, 2015

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to play my Mesmer/Chronomancer and my autoattack keeps turning itself off or taking long pauses between attacks. Do I really have to keep pressing 1 forever or is there some setting I'm missing?

I've never had this problem with ranged weapons so I assume it has to do with range, but it happens even if I'm at a distance where I can hit the enemy by attacking manually. :(

Xaitil
Aug 5, 2009

Getting in on the necro posting train.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

E: this only really counts for verdant brink. Auric basin and Dragon's Stand require you to be in an organized map. Twisted depths is a whole other can of chak that i havent mastered

gently caress Twisted Depths. I cannot figure that map out and I kind of hate it right now.
Maybe it'll be easier once I get Nuhoch Wallows? Who knows.

I like Auric Basin a lot, but at this rate I'm never going to get the last 2 hero challenges. One of them Leyline Gliding, and the other requires successfully clearing the map's meta event. :negative:
(There's one more that requires Wallows or Leyline Gliding. I'll get it soon enough.)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Solumin posted:

. One of them Leyline Gliding,

If this is the one west of the falls, you can get there with an experimental rifle. Check dulfy for the video.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Did someone say necros?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I find the new HoT zones make more sense when you think of them as open-world dungeons instead of as MMO zones like the Tyria ones. Almost everything in them ties together in some big meta-event that follows a linear path of encounters leading up to a bombastic boss fight, and they're twisty, windy, and tough to navigate.

I like them, and I like that they're hostile and dangerous, but it would've been nice to have at least one more zone that's a little more "chill." I wouldn't want any fewer dangerous zones, of course, but one or two more zones where you can go and not always constantly be on your guard would be neat, especially if they also used the movement masteries.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Your Computer posted:

I'm trying to play my Mesmer/Chronomancer and my autoattack keeps turning itself off or taking long pauses between attacks. Do I really have to keep pressing 1 forever or is there some setting I'm missing?

I've never had this problem with ranged weapons so I assume it has to do with range, but it happens even if I'm at a distance where I can hit the enemy by attacking manually. :(

I think I figured out what's causing the autoattack to turn itself off, it deactivates itself if I move too soon after casting Blurred Frenzy. That kinda sucks when you're trying to stay on the move.. I know this is Necro-town right now, but how are the rest of you Mesmers dealing with this? Keep spamming 1? Every time I do that I always end up doing a single autoattack, followed by a pause, followed by autoattack resuming as usual. It's bumming me out.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Did they give a lore reason why gliding isn't available in the old world? I'm sure mechanically it's because certain achievements, poi, vistas, etc would be easier (as well as possibly getting off the map). Just curious if they gave an in-game excuse for it, heh.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

CLAM DOWN posted:

If this is the one west of the falls, you can get there with an experimental rifle. Check dulfy for the video.

I knew about that, but haven't grabbed a rifle because I'm lazy. :v:

That, and dulfy suggests having multiple players tackle it... Though maybe I can solo it as a necro!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Here's my necro!

I need to build a nice reaper set for her. The above is her straight up condition armor look. I have a set of berzerkers for power, but it isn't that great a look.

Edit: woops, fixed the link.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 2, 2015

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Witchcraft

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I just don't get the revenant, anyone have any recommendations for a build? I'm having a lot more difficulty with this class compared to others in the open world.Tried a zerker build, but just wasn't cutting it.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

I am a bit late to the necro train but I have a necromancer who is very fun to play. His name is Phlanges.

He has been working on two costume builds. They are in progress, but he hopes to have them ready in time for the big expo.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

rhoga posted:

I am a bit late to the necro train but I have a necromancer who is very fun to play. His name is Phlanges.

He has been working on two costume builds. They are in progress, but he hopes to have them ready in time for the big expo.

Soon Phlanges will also get to be a beautiful anime.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Lyer posted:

I just don't get the revenant, anyone have any recommendations for a build? I'm having a lot more difficulty with this class compared to others in the open world.Tried a zerker build, but just wasn't cutting it.

Devastation+Invocation+Herald is more or less the obvious choice unless you want something specific. Stack berserker gear until you get to ~97% crit then stack valkyrie. Lifesteal food can add the remaining 3%.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 2, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I booked my way from 55 to 71 in the last couple hours in the Labyrinth. Fuckin' hell.

Time to do something different with Necromancer for the last stretch until I get Reaper going, though, I think. Since I unlocked specs I've been going with buffing Death Shroud as much as possible, with Soul Reaping and Spite stuff and Dagger/Focus and Staff for weapons. Anyone have any suggestions for something amusing to gently caress around with the rest of the stretch, now that I can have three specs? I suck at making my own builds :(

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Run it with Skirmishing so you can still bring Spotter, and use Quick Draw so when you hit avatar you can go 4 3 2 4 (drop) or something like that, and get a quick draw proc on the weapon you have out. But yeah the healing isn't really necessary that often in PvE and I don't feel like the Grace of the Land damage boost does much more than make up for you not hitting actual damage weapon skills for a short bit. I guess your pet is still doing damage.

I am, I just find the whole subclass lackluster, the staff doesn't fit to well with any build other than its intended purpose, it does ok DPS with with a zerker set but I am so goddamn sick of zerker that I just refuse to bother with it, I like my condi build a ton and the staff doesn't fit with it at all other than maybe the 5 skill, the glyphs don't synergize to well either and some of them rather short range also with the way stuns work now the stun glyph is kind of useless outside of just bog standard enemies.

And that whole last section of their skill tree is weak as hell, the tendrils on stun is the best one the other 2 are pure group stuff.

A number of their healing skills both normal and celestial require people to be around you or have to wait to get the heals and in a mobile game like GW2 that just doesn't fit to well, a lot of their glyphs just feel like weak groups buffs which other classes can do much better.

Meanwhile you have revenants who can DPS, buff and heal almost at the same time so druids just feel redundant as hell, I'll say this for druid it keeps you up for a long rear end time, I'm going to assume a nomad druid in PvP/Wub must be tanky as gently caress.

Weird as it sounds, I think druid would be more interesting if they skills similar to guardians, like their auto attack would be similar to wave of force which would give them a decent sized heal that you can spam on the move, the celestial 4 should be like a mobile water field, you're casting, you can move, you're healing and people can blast it for more heals and a few of their other skills could use some stuff built in to help in groups, I mean the whole class is designed for support so give us more abilities to support, buff the gently caress out of people and heal them and such.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Apparently the AFK logout timer doesn't go off in guild halls, so I went afk for quite a while earlier and came back to find myself completly entombed

I was inside that, it ruled

e: also someone mentioned in guild chat earlier that Anet's internet testers are on Windows XP and I thought they were trolling..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3r3rul/can_we_please_get_a_dev_to_acknowledge_that_this/cwkqal5

quote:

Our test crew uses 32-bit Windows (XP!) almost entirely and this didn't show up on their machines, so it's something more subtle than the amount of RAM you have.

:stare:

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 2, 2015

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

CLAM DOWN posted:

e: also someone mentioned in guild chat earlier that Anet's internet testers are on Windows XP and I thought they were trolling..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3r3rul/can_we_please_get_a_dev_to_acknowledge_that_this/cwkqal5

:stare:

Our external QA are on min-spec machines, yes. Internal QA are on normal developer-spec machines AFAIK.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Tivac posted:

Our external QA are on min-spec machines, yes. Internal QA are on normal developer-spec machines AFAIK.

do you farm people in china to do your QA in net cafes

nobody should be subjected to XP

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tivac posted:

Win XP is an unsupported, unsafe, ancient, end of life OS with major compatibility issues that works quite differently than say Windows 10. I'm curious what the benefit of testing on it is. Not criticising, actually curious as someone who has experience with real world software testing!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Dreggon posted:

do you farm people in china to do your QA in net cafes

nobody should be subjected to XP

CLAM DOWN posted:

Win XP is an unsupported, unsafe, ancient, end of life OS with major compatibility issues that works quite differently than say Windows 10. I'm curious what the benefit of testing on it is. Not criticising, actually curious as someone who has experience with real world software testing!

actually in hindsight i answered my own question, there must be a pretty huge market in china and a lot of those people get their internet from net cafes (which run pirated copies of XP)

im extremely smart and clever and have a 190 IQ and work for mensa as a janitor (the one from good will hunting)

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011
Bought HoT because I only log onto WoW to raid now and thought I'd have another gallivant about the game again to relieve the boredom. Was leveling up a revenant charr which was pretty drat fun especially with that 3rd skill combo finisher, when suddenly out of the corner of my eye I see a huge loving scythe helicopter destroying a group of ghosts.

I now have a level 40 necromancer.

Also whats up with the 4000 gems from the ultimate edition taking forever to get into my account? Its been almost 3 days and I still don't have them.

Hurp Durp Master fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Nov 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dreggon posted:

actually in hindsight i answered my own question, there must be a pretty huge market in china and a lot of those people get their internet from net cafes (which run pirated copies of XP)

True, didn't think of that. I personally think that trying to support XP in a current in-market product is wrong in itself, but that's a non-GW2 topic!

• Locked thread