Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sono posted:

Trump starts bragging about the bodies he's had his mafia buddies bury in the foundations of his buildings.

Killed people? Dozens of them. They were losers. Let me to ya, to make America great again, I'm going to kill hundreds of millions of people.

* wild applause and spontaneous orgasms*

I don't know if he can stand up to Fiorina and Graham in terms of how many people he's willing to kill. Mister Trump, will you nuke the entire world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Vegetable posted:

"I hope you enjoy reading about medical liability tort reform, because it was one of my top priorities for 2003"

Jeb! is joking, right

thats a classic gampy sr zinger

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

so, uh, the RNC losing control of both candidates and media outlets is potentially devastating

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
It's hard to imagine that GW was the 'smart' son but here we are.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

AfroLine posted:

gently caress Jeb Bush and Mike Huckabee.

Not even with Cruz's dick.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Skellybones posted:

tbh it was neil

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Aliquid posted:

so, uh, the RNC losing control of both candidates and media outlets is potentially devastating

This is going to be a brokered convention for the ages, isn't it

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Skellybones posted:

I just watched a portion of GWB's 1994 governor debates in response to your post and he was railing hardcore on raising state funding for public education and making it the #1 priority for the state budget. That's something you'll never hear from a GOP candidate again.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mitt Romney posted:

I just watched a portion of GWB's 1994 governor debates in response to your post and he was railing hardcore on raising state funding for public education and making it the #1 priority for the state budget. That's something you'll never hear from a GOP candidate again.

Jeb! is saying he's "conflicted" on the death penalty and wants reform.

What CNN actually means by that term is that Jeb! wants to deny due process rights to death row prisoners, whining about how it takes too long for the state to kill prisoners.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Aliquid posted:

has their tantrum succeeded in getting the networks to do whatever they want?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
At this point the only candidate with any pull with the networks is Donald Trump. Everyone knows it including Jeb who got his Telemundo request denied by the Donald.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

This book will surely rescue iJeb!'s campaign.

jesus

Lol this is too good to be true.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Fifty Shades of Medical Tort Reform

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
"I love Supergirl, I'd kill for her, I'd go to prison for her" -Jeb

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

What amazes me more about this cutting out of the RNC is that the other candidates would ever cooperate with Trump to stick it to their own party - I mean, I could see Carson and Cruz going along with some outsider's rebellion thing, but what are the C-listers and even the Establishment reps doing handing Trump a gift-wrapped win? It's too late for them to play the outsider card and pushing away the RNC just puts them all onto Trump's turf of anything-goes zaniness. The best I can figure is the only thing scarier than siding with Trump on the debate format is siding against him and losing when the networks are more interested in carrying the rebel debate than the sanctioned one.

I think we might have to admit that Trump may actually be a pretty good negotiator. He may not be diplomatic, but he's playing these guys like a goddamn fiddle.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Dolash posted:

What amazes me more about this cutting out of the RNC is that the other candidates would ever cooperate with Trump to stick it to their own party - I mean, I could see Carson and Cruz going along with some outsider's rebellion thing, but what are the C-listers and even the Establishment reps doing handing Trump a gift-wrapped win? It's too late for them to play the outsider card and pushing away the RNC just puts them all onto Trump's turf of anything-goes zaniness. The best I can figure is the only thing scarier than siding with Trump on the debate format is siding against him and losing when the networks are more interested in carrying the rebel debate than the sanctioned one.

I think we might have to admit that Trump may actually be a pretty good negotiator. He may not be diplomatic, but he's playing these guys like a goddamn fiddle.

They are all still basically operating under the delusion that if they go along with Trump they can write a narrative where the establishment got taught a lesson but now it's time to get serious. It's a ridiculous narrative that relies on Trump and even Carson's base waking up and going along with the "electability" narrative without any regard for the fact that Trump is actually factually the most electable, but it's the only narrative left to them at this point.

I almost feel bad for them, but then my inner Donald realizes that they betrayed us, and that our one weakness unfortunately requires that we never forgive them. RIP in peace GOP establishment 1981-2015

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

AfroLine posted:

gently caress Jeb Bush and Mike Huckabee.

More like: Jeb Douche and Mike Fuckabee.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Phlegmish posted:

More like: Jeb Douche and Mike Fuckabee.

Your wit is so barbed that I think perhaps you should retire lest you embarrass those of us less talented than you. Not since the days of "Barack Osama" has the nation seen such acerbic wit as you let loose in calling Mr. Huckabee "Mike Fuckabee", a visage of satire so sharp you have made Jonathan Swift look like Jonathan Sloth. Please, never stop posting, and never stop believing.

EDIT: Preempting your laughter in that I did not get "your epic leTroll" as if shitposting is somehow OK because you're pretending to be Smoothrich

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Oiled and Ready posted:

Your wit is so barbed that I think perhaps you should retire lest you embarrass those of us less talented than you. Not since the days of "Barack Osama" has the nation seen such acerbic wit as you let loose in calling Mr. Huckabee "Mike Fuckabee", a visage of satire so sharp you have made Jonathan Swift look like Jonathan Sloth. Please, never stop posting, and never stop believing.

EDIT: Preempting your laughter in that I did not get "your epic leTroll" as if shitposting is somehow OK because you're pretending to be Smoothrich

u mad bro

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

No I'm not mad is only game

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh man that's ghastly

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

Oiled and Ready posted:

shut up

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

K

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

you are trying waaaaay too hard to be funny.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer
It's just an election. It doesn't even matter

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Baloogan posted:

you are trying waaaaay too hard to be funny.

Agreed perhaps my need for validation has gotten to the point that I'm just being a nuisance but... Well no I don't have any other counterpoint

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Oiled and Ready posted:

Agreed perhaps my need for validation has gotten to the point that I'm just being a nuisance but... Well no I don't have any other counterpoint

go to sleep oli, the internet will still be around when you wake up.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Baloogan posted:

go to sleep oli, the internet will still be around when you wake up.

When the internet tells you you're too drunk and it's time to sleep, it's time

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Nov 2, 2015

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Dolash posted:

He's doing well but the thought of him doing this with guys who have military arsenals and national economies is their hands is a little alarming.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Dolash posted:

Easy to be a good negotiator when you're always in a position of strength. The RNC worked itself into this position by pandering for years to what is now Trump's base.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dolash posted:

These negotiations are good for everyone except Trump. If you're one of the C-list candidates, anything is going to be an improvement over what you've got now. One of the demands is apparently equal time for each person on stage. Rand Paul and John Kasich are going to benefit from that a lot more than Trump and Carson. There's talk of either having a debate will all 15 candidates or mixing-and-matching, which benefits Graham and Santorum. The only person losing by doing this is Trump because he does best when he can complain about the media and he won't be able to do that as effectively if he's the one making the rules.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Joementum posted:

These negotiations are good for everyone except Trump.

also they are bad for the entire RNC

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dragging the C-list into the debates keeps them a clusterfuck for as long as possible and helps Trump address criticisms that he doesn't seem presidential by dragging the Establishment candidates down to his level. I think he's balancing the odds of a C-lister landing a lucky shot against him vs. the odds that he has an even easier time slam dunking on them.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Joementum posted:

These negotiations are good for everyone except Trump. If you're one of the C-list candidates, anything is going to be an improvement over what you've got now. One of the demands is apparently equal time for each person on stage. Rand Paul and John Kasich are going to benefit from that a lot more than Trump and Carson. There's talk of either having a debate will all 15 candidates or mixing-and-matching, which benefits Graham and Santorum. The only person losing by doing this is Trump because he does best when he can complain about the media and he won't be able to do that as effectively if he's the one making the rules.

The "win" over the RNC overshadows any potential debate benefit Trump might get. Does anyone actually believe that the equal time clause is actually going to be followed? When did Republican candidates ever give a gently caress about debate rules? You're kidding yourself if you think everyone's just going to magically play nice after new rules are set.

I mean come on, Trump has a permanent media presence and will be known as the architect of this deal. He wins by a longshot.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they should have putin moderate the debate and just cut to the chase

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Carrot Top/Gallagher style prop comedy would be awesome.

Either that or Rubio showing up to the debate wearing the Sword of Chang in a fancy jewelled scabbard. He nods knowingly at Jeb but never says a word about the sword all night.

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Joementum posted:

I don't think that represents the whole picture. The RNC, which has committed itself to his destruction, has just been cut out of negotiations along with Telemundo. Trump benefits so long as there is chaos in the party that he can take advantage of. It doesn't matter if a consensus is reached or not. If the clown car can't agree to terms, then Trump gets to look presidential and cut a deal with Carson (possibly Rubio as well) then negotiate terms for the front runners (with the others either agreeing or getting cut out). If there is consensus for a bunch of absurd terms, the GOP lineup will continue to look ridiculous (making Trump look good by comparison) and the media won't be able to hold up their end of the bargain (equal time, no interruptions, easy questions, etc... are all made to be broken), so Trump will have plenty to complain about. As a bonus, this could allow him to stage a second revolt against the media and cut down on the number of debates even further, which is a big win for him.

ElrondHubbard fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Nov 2, 2015

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
For the next debate I'd like to see each podium equipped with a realtime timer showing how long each idiot has talked for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
So far the debates have been more of a risk than a benefit for Trump and Carson. With their combined ~50% polling, they benefit from making the debates even more of a clown car mess. If there are 15 bozos up there no individual will have enough screen time to get a knockout performance and challenge them effectively.

• Locked thread