Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

warcrimes posted:

To me, and im no packers fan, it seems the loss of Nelson means teams double up on Cobb and packers don't have anyone else that can step up consistently to help produce. Jones does against bad teams but lack of a consistent run game makes them pretty beatable for good teams.

This is impressively spot on for someone who doesn't frequently watch the Packers.

It doesn't help that Rodgers has looked way off ever since the Rams game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Ross Angeles posted:

you live in LA and you can't find a good chicken parm sandwich what the gently caress is the matter with you

Give me a break, I just moved here a few weeks ago

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

It will be really cool when Tony Romo comes back and the Cowboys sweep the rest of their games en route to winning the Super Bowl and then Jerry Jones' heart gives out while he has the trophy so he falls down and the trophy manages to crush his skull

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
the browns are bad. the steelers lost which is good. i look forward to watching andy dalton get defeated on thursday night.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Dirt posted:

I swear to god if someone at work tomorrow tells me to "R-E-L-A-X" I am going to go to jail for attempted murder.

That was maybe the worst Packers game I have ever seen, and I have been watching this dumb team since Don Majkowski was the QB.

I'd take any of those 4-6 INT Favre games over that game.

76 yards :psyduck:

Sure this game was a shitstorm, but It's been less than a year since the most hilariously pathetic 10 minutes of season-ending meltdown ever happened to the Packers.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

How come packets went into this game undefeated and were also really bad?

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Spoeank posted:

I really want Peyton and Touchdown Tawm to run undefeated seasons until Peyton takes down the Pats in a few weeks and then again in the playoffs en route to 19-0 so Pats fans finally shut the gently caress up about Peyton

This is my dream.

Peyton gets replaced like the quarterback in the 6th Day throughout the season. In the AFC Championship, the Broncos face an undefeated Patriots team ready to claim its perfect season.

Manning: We all have to lose someday.
Belichick: We don't have to lose. I'm offering you the chance to win forever. Never aging. Perfect in every way.
Manning: Perfect? Like you? [throws a wounded duck for a touchdown] Look. Here is your "perfection."

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

It seems like Packers have a wake-up call blowout like this every year. Last year, it was the Saints before the bye, this year it's the Broncos after. Hopefully, they'll learn from it and readjust.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Congrats Parmesan and Chiefs fans on your World Series win
I would be excited about the pressure this puts on the Chiefs to win a Super Bowl, but they will just draft a LT for Alex Smith.

Was neat to see KC finally win anything.

Adlai Stevenson posted:

ditto

Kansas City fans > St Louis fans

source: my childhood
Correct. Rams fans treated games like they were watching the Cardinals play.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Dirty Chub posted:

I still can't believe the Raiders put up 34 points. This offense has become a blast to watch. Hopefully they can bring Nate Allen into the fold for some DB depth.

He started practicing this past week, fully healthy. He won't be allowed to play until week 10 because of the IR-Designated to Return rules but he'll step right onto the field and they'll move TJ Carrie back to CB

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Charles Woodson leads the league in INTs and that simply owns.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

oshuaj posted:

Charles Woodson leads the league in INTs and that simply owns.

That's because Charles Woodson has been cool as gently caress since his college days. He has owned for as long as I can remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MijstdtYYhw

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The Packers are 6-1 with a pretty manageable schedule over the last nine games. Detroit twice, Chicago once, Minnesota twice, Carolina, Dallas, Oakland and Arizona.

I'm not panicking yet.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

BGrifter posted:

The Packers are 6-1 with a pretty manageable schedule over the last nine games. Detroit twice, Chicago once, Minnesota twice, Carolina, Dallas, Oakland and Arizona.

I'm not panicking yet.

I see them losing two maybe three at a long shot.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

BGrifter posted:

I'm not panicking yet.

jesus christ, yeah it sucked for the packers tonight, but who is legitimately panicking over a good team that easily outclasses their division losing against an undefeated team?

#goodteamfanproblems

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Watch Old Man Charles "Drafted In The Honest-To-God 90s" Woodson still picking passes warms my heart.

Woodson for HoF the day after he retires. Which will be in like, the year 2500 because he's Charles loving Woodson.

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
Such a huge play, such an incredible pick.

http://gfycat.com/AdoredInsistentAustralianshelduck

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

TubeStank posted:

the offense will sort itself out.

I feel like we've all kept saying this but it's actually getting worse.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

Out of nowhere, we do the best pick of the day. 7-0

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
I am legit sad that josh Mccown is clearly the best browns qb in decades yet they still suck and he is too old to build anything around.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Green Bay churlishly thought they were ready to step in as guardians of the NFC. Glad that Denver swiftly disabused them of that notion. You aren't quite ready to play in the big leagues, Pack.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
OMG the Packers lost one game!

Lost Season

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

A Man and his dog posted:

OMG the Packers lost one game!

Lost Season

The Bengals have won seven and we crowned them.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

Green Bay churlishly thought they were ready to step in as guardians of the NFC. Glad that Denver swiftly disabused them of that notion. You aren't quite ready to play in the big leagues, Pack.

Yeah those packers are a real flash in the pan, huh.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
With the Cowboys and Giants losses yesterday we exist in a universe in which the Eagles or Washington can take control of the NFC East with a win next week at the daunting record of 4-4. If they lose then we could have a division leading Giants team at 4-5 if they lose to the Bucs.

The winner of this division is gonna be 6-10 aren't they?

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Denver's defense is terrifying.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Petite Dinklage posted:

That was one of the greatest defensive performances I've ever seen.

I get that the Packers' offense hasn't been up to its usual lofty standards even in previous weeks, but there is basically no iteration of that team that would've done poo poo last night anyway. The pass rush connected every snap, the coverage was tight, and Eddie Lacy was fat.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Alright guys let's see if you can pick out Andy Dalton's statline for his horrible no good game yesterday. no cheating!!!!

A) 18/38 for 257, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 76.3 rating
B) 14/27 for 140, 0 TD, 1 INT, 51.5 rating
C) 18/33 for 215, 3 TD, 2 INT, 79.7 rating
D) 22/33 for 209, 2 TD, 3 INT, 66.4 rating

actually all four of those are 2007 tom brady statlines from when they almost had a perfect season. the bengals will be just fine!!!!

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Redskins have a better record then the Cowboys.

:derp:

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

old dog child posted:

Denver is way better than the poo poo-tier Packers. What kind of scrub team goes 6-1 to start the season? :laffo:

Yes I am just being hyperbolic. I told my friends that are Packers buddies this was the best thing that could have happened to us. We get stomped by a pretty good team and take the monkey of going undefeated off of our backs. The two games we are most likely to lose in the coming weeks are Arizona and Carolina. Both have good defenses. That being said, that was an awful performance on our part.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

That Broncos D is insane

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

This is good for bitcoin because...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stefon Diggs is cool and good.

I'm kinda worried about the coaches letting Alshon Jeffrey abuse Newman for the second half of the game, though. It seemed like Rhodes was doing fine on him in the first half (and I can't blame him for the TD, that was a perfect throw/catch, basically undefendable) but they just didn't bother adjusting when he moved to the other side of the field and it almost cost us the game.

ZenVulgarity posted:

That Broncos D is insane

Also this.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Chris James 2 posted:

Congrats Parmesan and Chiefs fans on your World Series win

Hah, thanks. I'm not a huge baseball fan but it gives me hope that my current bad football team will be good one day.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Petite Dinklage posted:

I still can't believe that :baby: was unemployed as long as he was

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Carr threw for 250 on them so idk. Maybe get a better quarterback. :v:

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
It's week 8 and I'm already wondering how good Jared Goff is going to be on some other team because we will draft a left guard or some poo poo and trade him for cash considerations.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Raiders have the broken Steelers next week followed by the Vikings, the Lions, the Titans, and the Chiefs. They honestly should be 9-3 or 8-4 after that stretch, but we'll see.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Alright guys let's see if you can pick out Andy Dalton's statline for his horrible no good game yesterday. no cheating!!!!

A) 18/38 for 257, 2 TDs, 1 INT, 76.3 rating
B) 14/27 for 140, 0 TD, 1 INT, 51.5 rating
C) 18/33 for 215, 3 TD, 2 INT, 79.7 rating
D) 22/33 for 209, 2 TD, 3 INT, 66.4 rating

actually all four of those are 2007 tom brady statlines from when they almost had a perfect season. the bengals will be just fine!!!!

You don't want to have the 2007 Patriots season.(*)

You really don't trust me. Take 2001, 2003, 2004 or 2015 but not 2007.

* Disclaimer: Me first 2 Patriots/NFL games ever were the 2007 week10 Patriots v Colts and the Super Bowl (I'm from Germany) and drat was that a lovely time to become a Patriot fan...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Volkerball posted:

Raiders have the broken Steelers next week followed by the Vikings, the Lions, the Titans, and the Chiefs. They honestly should be 9-3 or 8-4 after that stretch, but we'll see.

I expect Big Ben to look a lot better in a week than he did yesterday, so I have that as a loss. The Lions and Titans shouldn't even be able to play the Raiders close though.

• Locked thread