Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I liked the dismayed dented mole later on too

Also Saitama walking slowly away from Sneck was :perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
It looks like they used the published version of the Genos vs. Saitama spar, instead of the web version. Not that it matters, but I kind of wished they did a bullet time slowdown of Genos' plasma blast getting dodged. Hopefully they add in all the filler episodes that Murata drew but ONE didn't include in the original, because some of that stuff is pure gold. Like the one where Saitama gets taken in by the cops because he looked suspicious, then he saved the day and gave credit to the cops because he's a cool bro.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Part of me wishes Saitama had gone "boop" when he tapped Genos on the face.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Saitama's walking away animation slayed me this episode, the whole anpanman references work really well animated.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
How many episodes has the anime been confirmed for again?

Can't wait to see the reactions to the Sea King arc.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
If I'm caught up with the redraw about where can I pick up the ONE version? I've been browsing chapters and the structuring looks a tad different so it's hard to tell where I am.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

Only 12

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bad Seafood posted:

12, ending with Boros

I really want to see the anime's take on the "Ok" bit

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Dangerous Person posted:

If I'm caught up with the redraw about where can I pick up the ONE version? I've been browsing chapters and the structuring looks a tad different so it's hard to tell where I am.

Try starting with chapter 50. It's around there iirc.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
that sparing scene :eyepop:

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Brainamp posted:

Try starting with chapter 50. It's around there iirc.

Thanks, started reading from there

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Add this to the OP... for the anime thread.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The distant CAW CAW as Saitama walked away :allears:

:vince:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

:bape:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holy poo poo.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
You know, the best part about the anime is watching people argue over the origin of Saitama's powers. Also, the show is apparently going to change from a comedy to being serious just as soon as the real bad guys show up. :laffo:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

You know, the best part about the anime is watching people argue over the origin of Saitama's powers. Also, the show is apparently going to change from a comedy to being serious just as soon as the real bad guys show up. :laffo:

I mean it will, but not from Saitama's perspective.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Wait, this show is a serious story about super heroes fighting super threats? That's seriously news to me.

That's okay though, Saitama can fix this serious overdose of seriousness with Serious Series: Serious Humor.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

jwang posted:

Wait, this show is a serious story about super heroes fighting super threats? That's seriously news to me.

That's okay though, Saitama can fix this serious overdose of seriousness with Serious Series: Serious Humor.

It has it's moments. It's like a 95:5 comedy to serious split, but moments like the aftermath of Saitama punching the meteor, Licenseless/Common/Mumen Rider standing up to the Sea King, and Saitama and Boros facing off are all played completely seriously. It's just well written enough that it flows with the comedy.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Nov 2, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

jwang posted:

Yes. At times. It's kinda like how The Devil's a Part Timer is about fighting demons in that the best you can say it that it happens on occasion.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I mean the serious moments make the comedy work better. You need contrast to appreciate it and avoid the joke getting old.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Covok posted:

I mean the serious moments make the comedy work better. You need contrast to appreciate it and avoid the joke getting old.

The wonderful panels, amazing art, and amazing animation don't hurt either.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

:thurman:

Trico
Nov 5, 2009

still you are nowhere
Why are there multiple manga versions? There's a print edition with different art, apparently, but opposed to what?

(Not referring to ONE original, I'm just confused about the redraw, which has apparently two versions of the sparring scene?)

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Trico posted:

Why are there multiple manga versions? There's a print edition with different art, apparently, but opposed to what?

(Not referring to ONE original, I'm just confused about the redraw, which has apparently two versions of the sparring scene?)

Murata is a perfectionist. He occasionally goes back and redraws older panels and stuff.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Trico posted:

Murata is a crazy person and so there's the web version he does first, and may redraw two or three times. THEN there's the print version which he sometimes redraws yet again.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The redraw was originally a web manga. Murata redrew some things when bringing the manga to print. The manga you can buy from Viz, in both print and digital form, along with the anime is based on the print versions of OPM.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Trico posted:

There's a reason we joke about Murata sneaking into your house to redraw your trade paperbacks. Dude is incapable of being satisfied with his work (Which according to Bob Ross is a sign of a true artist).

He's also in a rare position where he has the power and format to be able to play around with his work much more than normal manga artists who are stuck with just a print deadline.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Hey let me on the "repost the best thing from this page" bandwagon.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Optimus Subprime posted:

Saitama's walking away animation slayed me this episode, the whole anpanman references work really well animated.

Yeah, has anybody extracted that into a gif? It's so drat goofy.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Versions of OPM:

ONE web comic
Murata web comic (occasionally updated with new panels)
Murata print version (some panels/scenes were redrawn for the volumes to bit print better)
Anime

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zenzirouj posted:

Yup

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

It has it's moments. It's like a 95:5 comedy to serious split, but moments like the aftermath of Saitama punching the meteor, Licenseless/Common/Mumen Rider standing up to the Sea King, and Saitama and Boros facing off are all played completely seriously. It's just well written enough that it flows with the comedy.

I'd say it doesn't really hit 'serious' territory until the Sea King arc. I dunno, at least to me it didn't give me that vibe until that point; prior to then it was just a funny concept used as an excuse to push the boundaries of what you can do with a manga, more tech demo than fueled by actual story.

Once it does hit that stride it steps up from 'Powerhouse art manga with silly premise' to 'Holy poo poo daddy needs his next chapter fix NOW' status

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zenzirouj posted:

In the anime thread:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I just re-read the Sea King arc.

God drat that ending is so cool... Saitama is so cool...

e:

Saitama... :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I kind of hope the Anime just adds a little music and sound to that gif of Metal Knight when it comes time for that episode.